Melanie Murphy #14 Sale agreed on a gaff needs another reason to faff, Next rant-implants

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Melanie also did hypnobirthing which tbh is the biggest pile of crap, so anti medical and can set you up for really unrealistic birth expectations, mine and Melanie’s birth experiences are very similar both had big babies, both needed medical intervention, both had a 4th degree tear, both lost blood (although I listened to the doctors and had the blood transfusion my body needed) I haven’t a bad word to say about the midwives and doctors they where amazing and did what they needed to do to get my baby here safe and well which I’m very grateful for they also couldn’t do enough to help me and the baby afterwards. The way she speaks of those midwives and doctors is disgusting.
Ah, I don’t know. I did the hypnobirthing course and found parts of it very useful. Knowing what was happening during labour made me feel very calm which I think helped hugely, also the breathing techniques they taught really got me through the contractions. It was also beneficial for my partner to do the course too so he knew what was happening too. I wasn’t into the affirmations or anything but I found bits to cherry pick that I found useful.

Now, my birth plan absolutely went out the window. I wanted a calm, serene home-birth (not because I don’t trust medical staff, I absolutely do, and they were so lovely and brilliant and I can’t praise them enough) but because I was nervous about being in hospital alone during Covid due to restrictions at the time, I really wanted my partner to be there for the birth, and obviously he wanted to be there too, but what ended up happening was being in active labour at home with no medication for over 24 hours before being admitted to triage and labouring for another 48 hours before being told that I needed an emergency C Section during which I lost so much blood I needed THREE transfusions (which I had, thank God) but sure didn’t our giant baby arrive safely and it was fine in the end?

Even though it didn’t go to plan I still found elements of what I learned in the hypnobirthing course useful and it helped me through a lot of my very long labour in helping me to stay calm. Might not work for everyone but I wouldn’t dismiss it completely.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
melanie: *loses a load of blood during birth and refuses a blood transfusion for no obvious reason*
also melanie: *wonders why she was weak and tired for ages after*

the idiocy baffles me... she probably would've been feeling so much better if she actually listened to the medical staff, instead of confusing informed consent with doctors supposedly having some sort of evil agenda against women

and no melanie, someone did see you eventually after pressing the alert button... just because they didn't teleport into the room instantaneously, doesnt mean that you were a victim of medical neglect

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Justice for Molly-Mae apparently but how dare a person with disabilities buy pre peeled oranges in plastic.

Screenshot_20220107-180819_Instagram.jpg

20200519_135855.jpg
Screenshot_20200519-135746.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Highlighting everyone else’s hypocrisy while conveniently forgetting her own. #vegansteaks

• Heart
Ah, I don’t know. I did the hypnobirthing course and found parts of it very useful. Knowing what was happening during labour made me feel very calm which I think helped hugely, also the breathing techniques they taught really got me through the contractions. It was also beneficial for my partner to do the course too so he knew what was happening too. I wasn’t into the affirmations or anything but I found bits to cherry pick that I found useful.

Now, my birth plan absolutely went out the window. I wanted a calm, serene home-birth (not because I don’t trust medical staff, I absolutely do, and they were so lovely and brilliant and I can’t praise them enough) but because I was nervous about being in hospital alone during Covid due to restrictions at the time, I really wanted my partner to be there for the birth, and obviously he wanted to be there too, but what ended up happening was being in active labour at home with no medication for over 24 hours before being admitted to triage and labouring for another 48 hours before being told that I needed an emergency C Section during which I lost so much blood I needed THREE transfusions (which I had, thank God) but sure didn’t our giant baby arrive safely and it was fine in the end?

Even though it didn’t go to plan I still found elements of what I learned in the hypnobirthing course useful and it helped me through a lot of my very long labour in helping me to stay calm. Might not work for everyone but I wouldn’t dismiss it completely.
Tbf the breathing/relaxing techniques where helpful and the science part of it was interesting but as far as the rest of it I feel like it just set me up for unrealistic birth expectations as a first time mum and also made me feel like I’d failed due to needing a medical intervention after a 27 hr labour as the baby got stuck. Also made me feel like my body had failed in birthing my baby the way it’s naturally ‘supposed’ to. Not everyone’s labour/birth is a positive experience. For that reason I don’t think it’s a good recommendation for first time mums but each to their own, sorry for going off topic.

melanie: *loses a load of blood during birth and refuses a blood transfusion for no obvious reason*
also melanie: *wonders why she was weak and tired for ages after*

the idiocy baffles me... she probably would've been feeling so much better if she actually listened to the medical staff, instead of confusing informed consent with doctors supposedly having some sort of evil agenda against women

and no melanie, someone did see you eventually after pressing the alert button... just because they didn't teleport into the room instantaneously, doesnt mean that you were a victim of medical neglect

Tbf even though I had the blood transfusion and an iron fusion after labour I still feel lethargic and weak at 10 months pp but that could also be to do with iron tbf as I’d really low iron after it as well

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Melanie has some bleeping gall.
1. The ability to not buy from fast fashion brands is a privaledge - Some people cannot afford to buy 10 solid sustainably bought pieces they can reuse time and time again. I for one, simply cannot fit in sustainable clothing, I'm plus sized.
2. Not being able to eat certian foods because of IBS isn't ableism.
3. A disabled person asking a family member/'pal' to peel an orange for them is bleeping dehumanising - if she was on about able bodied people buying peeled oranges then she might have a point, but she's not. It's not as if disabled people are paying more for peeled oranges for the shits and giggles? (Has anyone here ever actually seen a pre-peeled orange? Can't say I've ever seen one)

Reactions: 15
Tbf the breathing/relaxing techniques where helpful and the science part of it was interesting but as far as the rest of it I feel like it just set me up for unrealistic birth expectations as a first time mum and also made me feel like I’d failed due to needing a medical intervention after a 27 hr labour as the baby got stuck. Also made me feel like my body had failed in birthing my baby the way it’s naturally ‘supposed’ to. Not everyone’s labour/birth is a positive experience. For that reason I don’t think it’s a good recommendation for first time mums but each to their own, sorry for going off topic.

Tbf even though I had the blood transfusion and an iron fusion after labour I still feel lethargic and weak at 10 months pp but that could also be to do with iron tbf as I’d really low iron after it as well
I totally understand this point of view, I guess I didn’t consider it at first. I had a super long labour that didn’t quite pan out the way I’d hoped (everyone hopes for a quick and simple birth, right?) but once baby got here safely I kind of forgot a bit. That and whatever drugs they gave me during the c-section, I was loopy.

I guess Melanie would be preaching about hypnobirthing as if it’s gospel and suits every birth rather than telling people they can pick elements that they might find useful and ignore bits that they don’t. God I wish I was offered an iron transfusion too, I am SO lethargic still, I just took iron tablets for a little while as my ferritin levels were on the floor, but absolutely wouldn’t have said no to a transition. Hook me up!

Also just to be clear, are not a failure, you are doing really well. You cooked your baby in your belly and got them here all safe and sound. Your body did that! X

Now, back to Mel…

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Melanie has some bleeping gall.
1. The ability to not buy from fast fashion brands is a privaledge - Some people cannot afford to buy 10 solid sustainably bought pieces they can reuse time and time again. I for one, simply cannot fit in sustainable clothing, I'm plus sized.
2. Not being able to eat certian foods because of IBS isn't ableism.
3. A disabled person asking a family member/'pal' to peel an orange for them is bleeping dehumanising - if she was on about able bodied people buying peeled oranges then she might have a point, but she's not. It's not as if disabled people are paying more for peeled oranges for the shits and giggles? (Has anyone here ever actually seen a pre-peeled orange? Can't say I've ever seen one)
If you are interested in sustainable plus size clothing I recommend @whatlydiamade on Instagram, in case you don’t know her yet. She has quite a special style though, but maybe all those companies she features have more basic stuff as well, if you’re not into pattern or bright colours.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.