Melanie Murphy #11 me neck, me back, I'm a hypochondriac

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So she is raving about a skincare product while using a filter on her skin.

Her poor unfortunate followers are applauding her *glowing* skin.

Way to mislead.
Her 10 year-old followers.

I haven't had the chance to fully catch up yet but on this note how has she no time to workout? Her husband and in laws are always at home, her son doesn't need breastfeeding every five minutes so surely they could take him for a half hour or so at some point in the day?
I've been squeezing in a workout 5 times a week since I was cleared at 6 weeks pp with no help from anyone because my husband still had to go out to work oh and I also breast fed for 6 months so she can't keep using that as an excuse.
I know everyone's situation is different but the way she goes on about how 'hard' she has it is frankly ridiculous. Get a grip Mel, you're just a lazy git
She's a liar and a drama queen. She mentioned many times that she can't wait to go back to the gym.

It only means that if gyms are open, she will definitely find ways to leave Milo (most possibly to baldy's clan) while they are pumping and getting hammy, cheesy, annoying with their musical vlog in the gym.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
3C489159-630B-47F5-A9BE-5A10C2756D83.png

Melanie trying to defend her shite books. Big difference between what’s considered easy reading compared to your shitey writing. Your books are anything but easy to read. I think the right word would be painful.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
View attachment 545373

Melanie trying to defend her shite books. Big difference between what’s considered easy reading compared to your shitey writing. Your books are anything but easy to read. I think the right word would be painful.
I started The Midnight Library today. It’s easy to read but very hard hitting. You can tell Matt is a good writer even though the language or method of storytelling isn’t massively complicated.

Melanie just can’t write.

Reactions: 15
Jesus H Christ does this girl ever stop talking about herself? It’s all me me me, I I I. It’s so self-serving and egotistical. Does she have no one else to talk to so decides to spam her every thought to her followers in the comments? I think I need a break from her 🤦🏻‍♀️

View attachment 543126
Also all of the "health benefits of cold water" are largely unfounded, not backed up in research and peddled by woo wellness gurus, like that fire breathing tit. If the health benefits are backed up by a Goop documentary and that only, it's probably not worth the frozen nips babe. Typical dim Mel having DoNe HeR rEsEaRcH but actually just unthinkingly believed something someone she likes has said on a podcast her husband listens to.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
It's a sponsored ad, she got excited about a
coffee machine cos it just adds to their sustainable lifestyle as opposed to Nespresso/Thomas being a PILOT ffs 🙄..and one of the comments calls her out on it asking her to look up on the oatly scandal and to maybe try not using wasteful fast fashion brands like fabletics. So far it's just a lot of absolute shiting on about how to make ready brek of all things??? It's like Pippa Middletons party tips again 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Anyone brave enough to watch her new video yet?
Apologies for the double post, I did, why oh why did I? I had just got back from a boozy lunch and I saw it in a moment of weakness. Basic run down:
- the first thing she says is "welcome from the longest lockdown in Europe" change the record love, we get it, you're anti-lockdown but just not saying you're anti-lockdown. Actually there's thinly veiled messages of that kind throughout.
- It's a spon for a coffee machine because oddly suddenly Melanie is obsessed with coffee and it's the best part of her day.
- Talks about ED and how she ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT HAVE ONE NOW and infact she's totally body neutral, but then talks about weighing herself and fat loss and muscle loss and needing to get her fitness back with so much disdain for herself that body neutrality is total BS.
- Spends what feels like five minutes telling us we should drink water. Thank god she told me.
- Rants that people will attack her for so much plastic wrapped food but she's trying to buy local and it's all plastic wrapped (from farm shops is it babe?), that they can't always get to the refillable shop (only when she's being paid to it seems) and how actually it's the fault of big supermarkets. Don't disagree on the last point entirely but odd how it's okay for Mel to have excuses for plastic wrapped produce but she'll shame disabled people for reasonable adjustments with food and food packaging. The hypocrisy. The least she could do is apologise for that at this point.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
Apologies for the double post, I did, why oh why did I? I had just got back from a boozy lunch and I saw it in a moment of weakness. Basic run down:
- the first thing she says is "welcome from the longest lockdown in Europe" change the record love, we get it, you're anti-lockdown but just not saying you're anti-lockdown. Actually there's thinly veiled messages of that kind throughout.
- It's a spon for a coffee machine because oddly suddenly Melanie is obsessed with coffee and it's the best part of her day.
- Talks about ED and how she ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT HAVE ONE NOW and infact she's totally body neutral, but then talks about weighing herself and fat loss and muscle loss and needing to get her fitness back with so much disdain for herself that body neutrality is total BS.
- Spends what feels like five minutes telling us we should drink water. Thank god she told me.
- Rants that people will attack her for so much plastic wrapped food but she's trying to buy local and it's all plastic wrapped (from farm shops is it babe?), that they can't always get to the refillable shop (only when she's being paid to it seems) and how actually it's the fault of big supermarkets. Don't disagree on the last point entirely but odd how it's okay for Mel to have excuses for plastic wrapped produce but she'll shame disabled people for reasonable adjustments with food and food packaging. The hypocrisy. The least she could do is apologise for that at this point.
That actually made me want to watch it. Must be a masochist. Thank you for the summary, it's spot on.

Hahhahaha she goes to a farm, shows the loose vegetables there and then doesn't buy anything that isn't wrapped in plastic there. And then she gets all the plastic wrapped stuff from the supermarket out when she gets home.

Also enjoyed her condescending "show them what I bought you as a treat" comment to Thomas when he gets a red velvet cupcake and then proceeds to talk over him when he explains why they're special to him. Why does she need to point out that she got him a treat? Is he her freaking dog or what?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
That actually made me want to watch it. Must be a masochist. Thank you for the summary, it's spot on.

Hahhahaha she goes to a farm, shows the loose vegetables there and then doesn't buy anything that isn't wrapped in plastic there. And then she gets all the plastic wrapped stuff from the supermarket out when she gets home.

Also enjoyed her condescending "show them what I bought you as a treat" comment to Thomas when he gets a red velvet cupcake and then proceeds to talk over him when he explains why they're special to him. Why does she need to point out that she got him a treat? Is he her freaking dog or what?
Oh the cupcake moment!!! At this point I don't know which of them is the worst partner. She's more obviously obnoxious but I get low-key controlling and belittling vibes from him.

• Heart
  • Haha
Oh the cupcake moment!!! At this point I don't know which of them is the worst partner. She's more obviously obnoxious but I get low-key controlling and belittling vibes from him.
Totally. When she says in the beginning how expensive take out coffee is, he has to pipe in that it is when you get it every single day.
I thought they were all for supporting all of the cafes? Where did that go?
She says it's so sustainable now. Uhm, she got a whole new machine to promote the capsules. Just because it's free it ain't sustainable, Melanie. The pods might be, getting the new machine isn't.

ETA: the promo code she offers seems to be for the UK only. So many lols. And shipping internationally starts at 12 pounds. This is so entertaining to me.

Last edited:
  • Heart

I'm only half way through the video but had to hit pause to say I'm glad someone else picked up on his belittling vibes and controlling behaviours.

They did a stereo together a while back, I think it was about marriage and I couldn't get over him. He was constantly bringing up Mel's issues - how she doesn't discuss problems etc and how he was helping her change using key words etc for when Melanie needs space but he just wouldn't drop it?? Kept bringing up her faults, over and over mansplaining like a white knight/savour type. Patting himself on the back.

He comes across like a tight arse as well, all this talk about throwing nothing out, stockpiling old batteries. Shading about the price of takeaway coffee.. there's sustainability and there's being an absolute miser.Which is he.

I really get the feeling that Thomas truly believes he's reached a higher level of consciousness than literally everyone else so feels justified in his smarmy jabs at Mel.

I'm no fan of Melanie (ovbs) but I really see why she talks over him now 😂 Imagine being married to someone who can't make it through a sentence without bleeping giggling.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Oh duck off, so we’re not being introduced to Eco-Mel.

I’m confused, they get take away coffee every day in skerries. Why is she pretending they don’t.

also.
if you’re an adult calling an item like a coffee machine “she”
you need to grow the duck up.

”I don’t believe in diets” - just calorie counting apps you’re paid to push then.
”my IBS has gone away” - you never had IBS. It was one of your phases that will come and go when you want to restrict again.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
also.
if you’re an adult calling an item like a coffee machine “she”
you need to grow the duck up.
But they're so qUirKy!!!!!! And fun! And hilarious.
Didn't you know they're the only people who have their own way of speaking and their child will have to learn it? And their inside jokes? So unique. Unlike any other relationship obviously.........Noone else has inside jokes with their partner. Groundbreaking stuff. They are such couple goals. As in the couple you never want to be 🤮🤮🤮

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
he’s a head, never understood why people stuck up for him.

But they're so qUirKy!!!!!! And fun! And hilarious.
Didn't you know they're the only people who have their own way of speaking and their child will have to learn it? And their inside jokes? So unique. Unlike any other relationship obviously.........Noone else has inside jokes with their partner. Groundbreaking stuff
the worst thing is she’s copying this “isn’t SHE beautiful“ from teenage/early 20’s vloggers 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
He comes across like a tight arse as well, all this talk about throwing nothing out, stockpiling old batteries. Shading about the price of takeaway coffee.. there's sustainability and there's being an absolute miser.
Woah woah back up there, STOCKPILING BATTERIES?! The attic has officially broken him 😂 that is a serious issue right there. In her vlogs when they were dating she always raved about how organized and tidy he was.....now he has no aversion to crappy nappies and dirty plates....

To be fair, she has absolute notions so she needs to be with a tight arse who'll rein that in some bit.

They both need serious therapy. From someone who's actually, ya know, qualified. Not Russel bleeping Brand

• Heart
They're both toxic, from what it seems.
She made the connection for herself on wanting to cut back on dairy because she saw a video of a cow and identified herself in the story. So that means that Thomas also had to switch from regular butter to vegan one when there is clearly regular butter in the fridge? Do they have to be codependent all the time? Can they not make individual decisions anymore? I think they want their condescending and resentful behaviour to come across like banter, when it just shows both of them in their worst light. Him talking down to her in the podcast, her being ungrateful and unnecessarily bitchy in the anniversary video and all of the other little things in the other interactions they share with the world. It seems resentful towards each other.

• Heart
It's actually hilarious that she evidently reads these threads and then makes a video/post defending herself almost immediately afterwards. Get a bleeping grip of yourself Mel! You 100% have issue's with your body/food again, your mental health is in the toilet and your relationship isn't perfect, oh and you aren't the perfect mother either! None of these are ultimately bad things Mel, just stop pretending to be something your not, be real and people might actually like you!
I haven't watched the latest video, I can't bring myself to watch the bullshit just yet, pass me a wine and I'll maybe give it a go.

• Heart
Time and time again I feel so bad for the in-laws with all this shite going on in their house. Probably can't go in and out of their kitchen when they want for fear of being filmed, having a coffee machine and all its tins and accessories taking up space on their counter but probably won't be allowed to use it, twice the amount of groceries filling up the fridge and cupboards but they can't use any of them either, and on top of all that the amount of electricity/heating the 2 of them must use in the attic and half toilet they have.
Maybe I just value my home I pay dearly for so much but it's all just so imposing, I sincerely doubt they're paying enough for all their freeloading to be worth it. She was claiming between 2 places she was almost paying 1k in rent, that's less than half of what some people pay for a small studio so she needs to shut the hell up about how hard they have it once and for all

• Heart
So she did this sponsorship with Grind, got a whole new machine for it etc. What happens when the sponsorship runs out? Will they really keep using the pods? She actually chose a brand that doesn't deliver to Ireland yet again. Just like shitletics. She touts sustainability and eco friendly options, talks about getting things locally and yet she makes it seem less accessible to all of her followers that live outside of the UK, even when they live in the same country that she lives in. At least where I live these kinds of pods have been available in supermarkets for a while without the extra hassle of a subscription or online order.
And a quick Google search shows that there are actually products that do the same as grind (compostable Nespresso pods) in Ireland, from Ireland that are actually also sold in Ireland. Whether they're widely available in supermarkets I wouldn't know, but I am guessing they're easier to come by than ones that you need another service (Address pal) for.
They go on and on about how they're afraid that Thomas's work might move to the UK and how important it is to shop and support locally. How eating things like bananas means they need to get flown in, yet there is absolutely no problem in promoting and sharing products that are a) less accessible to her Irish audience and b) are in direct competition to local products.
I can't with this.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.