Melanie Murphy #11 me neck, me back, I'm a hypochondriac

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else think that she acts all mother nature/best mum in the world/give me a medal because I'm a 'mammy' but doesn't actually seem to have any real connection to her boy? Like it's all just about her? Even if I didn't show my daughters face on social media I'd likely still talk about her first words, if she was walking etc...all she seems to blab about is breastfeeding and co-sleeping. She seriously needs to get a life outside of her kid.
If you watch 2nd most recent post... the baby is laughing...Mel is trying to appear like it's all so funny, "bonding" laughing along with baby BUT making zero eye contact with him and staring straight ahead blankly. Zero emotion.

I actually must have watched it four times as the disconnect there is very obvious imo. Its like these staged moments for the gram that lack any genuine connection or interaction. V forced and fake.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
If you watch 2nd most recent post... the baby is laughing...Mel is trying to appear like it's all so funny, "bonding" laughing along with baby BUT making zero eye contact with him and staring straight ahead blankly. Zero emotion.

I actually must have watched it four times as the disconnect there is very obvious imo. Its luke these staged moments for the gram that lack any genuine connection or interaction. V forced and fake.
Thank you! I was thinking that too. Her laugh she does back seemed extremely forced with no genuine emotion there at all.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Thank you! I was thinking that too. Her laugh she does back seemed extremely forced with no genuine emotion there at all.

You noticed it too! It's an Instagram show of look at me, look at our bond and it falls so flat? The glazed over eyes laughing straight ahead and not at the cute little bundle that's apparently making her (fake) laugh is WEIRD.

She looks.... so over it? But even the SS doesn't do the video justice.
20210604_225447.jpg

Reactions: 12
She’s always been like that ! Thomas comes across as the comfortable parent , in the early days the look of terror on her face was hard to conceal she’ll never manage a demanding baby once Thomas leaves ,she can’t grasp his needs outside of breastfeeding him.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
She’s always been like that ! Thomas comes across as the comfortable parent , in the early days the look of terror on her face was hard to conceal she’ll never manage a demanding baby once Thomas leaves ,she can’t grasp his needs outside of breastfeeding him.
I understand in the early days. Christ knows I tit myself completely and the first to hold my hands up and say it took me 5-6 days to get over the shock and feel unbreakable love, it didn’t come automatically for me. But it’s 8 months down the line and she still looks emotionless/like she’s forcing a feeling.

As @Dearreader said above, it’s definitely a “look at our bond” thing and it falls flat because it just doesn’t look genuine. Everyone expresses love differently. Maybe she isn’t the smiley, giggling, ‘wholesome’ mam but is acting that way because it’s how she thinks a mother should be?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I understand in the early days. Christ knows I tit myself completely and the first to hold my hands up and say it took me 5-6 days to get over the shock and feel unbreakable love, it didn’t come automatically for me. But it’s 8 months down the line and she still looks emotionless/like she’s forcing a feeling.

As @Dearreader said above, it’s definitely a “look at our bond” thing and it falls flat because it just doesn’t look genuine. Everyone expresses love differently. Maybe she isn’t the smiley, giggling, ‘wholesome’ mam but is acting that way because it’s how she thinks a mother should be?
Yes it looks as though she’s going through the motions but nothing behind it , maybe it’s down to how she’s feeling mentally and can’t quite deal with the whole parenting thing , there’s a lot more involved than just physically caring for the baby as we know but she comes across as not quite there in that role emotionally…it’s hard to explain 🤷🏼‍♀️Thomas on the other hand comes across as a natural with him ,not uptight in the slightest.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
She only really talks about the stuff to do with her - 'look how good I am co-sleeping and breastfeeding my child as a natural mother' etc. Nothing about him as an individual little person discovering the world.

• Heart
I get not wanting to show your baby online but if that was the case I wouldn’t be showing him at all. I mean we’ve seen glimpses of his face numerous times in videos etc you could almost put together images and find out what his face actually looks like if you wanted to, she’s contradicting herself. If you want him to choose for himself if he wants to be seen online that’s fine but just don’t show him at all then, makes no sense when she’s had him on every social media post/story since he was born ffs

Attachments

• Heart
Wow she makes going on holiday with a baby sound horrific! Are all baby routines so rigid?! Imagine eating in the dark because it’s past 7pm and balancing suitcases on windows to keep the curtains closed 😳 Not going to lie- my baby is a crap sleeper so I could be doing it wrong 😂

• Heart
I have to ask, what was that hair treatment even meant to do? Sure the hair that's coming in is thick but Thomas' hairline is so receded, it makes his forehead look cartoonishly big. And this is coming from someone who likes a widows peak. He looked much better bald, he should have just owned it.

And why is she pulling out a dirty old hotel bible for her baby to play with? Those pages have likely been touched by hundreds of people and can't be cleaned. That is not normal! Get that out of your baby's hands and get him more stimulating toys/books! The idea that her baby is more stimulated by a neutral coloured book with thin pages and no pictures? Am I supposed to believe that? Get that baby some soft baby books. 2 bucks each at any store. No risk of paper cuts. She can't be serious.

Oh wait, my bad, it's because her baby is so unique, normal baby toys aren't good enough. He's not like other babies you know. Just like how Mel is not like other girls.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Have they even left the hotel room? And why is their entire routine focused around the sleep schedule? A baby of 8 months doesn't just nurse and sleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Wow she makes going on holiday with a baby sound horrific! Are all baby routines so rigid?! Imagine eating in the dark because it’s past 7pm and balancing suitcases on windows to keep the curtains closed 😳 Not going to lie- my baby is a crap sleeper so I could be doing it wrong 😂
You can get a portable blackout blind from smyths for €30 if you want to be practical about it. It’s light to carry and renter friendly because it has those sucker yolks and you just boop it on either side of the window and it leaves no marks when you take it down again. They just love the drama.

they talk about that poxy baby like he’s a burden.

Holidays with babies are what you make of them. The baby certainly isn't going to suffer by being out of sync with the sleep schedule and insisting being in bed by 7pm is no different to being at home. She seriously makes a mountain out of a molehill.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Holidays with babies are what you make of them. The baby certainly isn't going to suffer by being out of sync with the sleep schedule and insisting being in bed by 7pm is no different to being at home. She seriously makes a mountain out of a molehill.
THIS! They absolutely love the drama, they love making a big deal out of EVERYTHING, and they always make such a mountain out of a mole hill. Nothing is straight forward with them theres always something to complain about. Such rays of sunshine

• Heart
She really tries so hard to martyr herself in the latest post. All about how much effort and sacrificing of their own enjoyment for the benefit of the child but there are undertones of pure resentment in that post.

If he was going down for the night at his regular time they could have planned around it, they could have eaten dinner earlier? Crazy to me how we've had wonderful weather and instead of enjoying an earlier dinner in the sunshine, they wait until they put him down and eat from room service in the darkness?

Everything little thing has to be about how shes affected.

Also funny how we were all discussing the lack of emotion in her recent post and the next morning she makes sure to upload a snap of herself making eye contact with her own child.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
She really tries so hard to martyr herself in the latest post. All about how much effort and sacrificing of their own enjoyment for the benefit of the child but there are undertones of pure resentment in that post.

If he was going down for the night at his regular time they could have planned around it, they could have eaten dinner earlier? Crazy to me how we've had wonderful weather and instead of enjoying an earlier dinner in the sunshine, they wait until they put him down and eat from room service in the darkness?

Everything little thing has to be about how shes affected.

Also funny how we were all discussing the lack of emotion in her recent post and the next morning she makes sure to upload a snap of herself making eye contact with her own child.
It’s always doom and gloom and woe is me with them. They must be exhausting to be around

• Heart
You have to remember that this coming from the girl who moaned about being at Disney World and felt 'unsafe' in Venice. I think she is most happy lounging around her bedroom with Thomas and the baby and although she complains about certain aspects of her life does nothing to improve them.

• Heart
I actually wanted to message her when I seen that they were eating in darkness at 7. Last year my baby was the same age going away we got a huge family room put him down the other end of the room with lights off in just that section and the rest of us watched tv and sat in our outside area having a drink. She panders to every move that baby makes poor child won’t be able to self regulate ever. It’s so sad. Our children don’t need wrapping in bubble wrap it destroys there self confidence. Melanies parenting skills are anxious and over the top molly colldling which aren’t doing anyone any favourers

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I actually wanted to message her when I seen that they were eating in darkness at 7. Last year my baby was the same age going away we got a huge family room put him down the other end of the room with lights off in just that section and the rest of us watched tv and sat in our outside area having a drink. She panders to every move that baby makes poor child won’t be able to self regulate ever. It’s so sad. Our children don’t need wrapping in bubble wrap it destroys there self confidence. Melanies parenting skills are anxious and over the top molly colldling which aren’t doing anyone any favourers
Definitely! She needs to make the baby fit around her schedule and not the other way around, how will she cope with 3 ! trying to please everyone of them 🙄

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.