Melanie Murphy #11 me neck, me back, I'm a hypochondriac

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In fairness that pic of BP on the bed, he does look huge for 8 months! (My baby was a prem so he’s always been a bit smaller for his age) I wonder if he’s crawling yet?? She’s never posted it and I find that unusual for her considering she’ll post them in the bath 🙄

Reactions: 6
In fairness that pic of BP on the bed, he does look huge for 8 months! (My baby was a prem so he’s always been a bit smaller for his age) I wonder if he’s crawling yet?? She’s never posted it and I find that unusual for her considering she’ll post them in the bath 🙄
My friend had a baby that was a similar weight to P at birth and he is quite a lot smaller but is still a big baby! Pan looks very tall!

Reactions: 1
Sorry to double-post, but the way she goes on about bed-sharing in those comments on pic 🙈 yes people have been doing it for thousands of years. That isn't the point. It's a major safety concern. If she supposedly gets 8+ hrs sleep a night now how is she constantly aware of his needs 🤔

She always has to put others down to make herself feel better about her choices. Oh nurseries aren't actually the natural way and what a waste of money blah blah. She only says the last bit to cover herself. duck off Mel. You yourself bought a co-sleeper cot to use initially so don't act all high and mighty because he's in the bed with you now 🙄

Screenshot_20210604-124013.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
She thinks shes Mother Earth that poor child will be wrapped up in cotton wool and won’t have any autonomy I can imagine Melanie clinging out of him even when he’s a teenager😭😂

She only says nurseries aren’t good for babies because she lives in an attic and the baby doesn’t have a bedroom😂 imagine her trying to handle more than one kid. I think she would end up having a nervous breakdown.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I don't understand parents like this. Who are so convinced that all this "natural" tit is going to make their kid any better of a person. Sure, if it works for you go ahead, but don't go on and on about how its so much better. I would rather have my child sleep independently so I can save my bed as a space and I can share and bond with my partner. Maybe that sounds selfish, but a relationship between parents (who are together of course) is just as important as the relationship with the child.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I have a co sleeper cot. I feel he is pretty close to me. He’s literally right next to me but in his cot- I also notice if he has had a poo etc etc. If sleeping in the bed together works for her, fine- but why make out any other way is wrong? I feel she researches to find a narrative that suits her rather than researches to educate herself

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I don't understand parents like this. Who are so convinced that all this "natural" tit is going to make their kid any better of a person. Sure, if it works for you go ahead, but don't go on and on about how its so much better. I would rather have my child sleep independently so I can save my bed as a space and I can share and bond with my partner. Maybe that sounds selfish, but a relationship between parents (who are together of course) is just as important as the relationship with the child.
Exactly. I never bed shared with my children. They need independence .

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I take it they don't have much of a sex life if the baby's hanging off her 24/7 what happens when Thomas wants his wife back 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I take it they don't have much of a sex life if the baby's hanging off her 24/7 what happens when Thomas wants his wife back 🤔
I imagine that's the way Melanie likes it but will be fully on board for a sex life when she wants baby number two.

• Haha
She’s just making it harder for herself when he’s older she’s gonna find it difficult to get him to sleep on his own in his own room. Technically he could sleep in his own room now as he’s past the 6 month mark probably hence the reason why most mums only breastfeed until their 6 months. My girls 3 months and has a crib beside our bed but it’s not attached or anything but she sleeps in that all the time I bring her into our bed in the morning for a cuddle but she always sleeps in her crib

Reactions: 12
New thread suggestion:

Melanie Murphy #12 'It takes a village to raise a child', but when the village offers Mel runs for miles

Idk I tried and it's not that good 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
She’s just making it harder for herself when he’s older she’s gonna find it difficult to get him to sleep on his own in his own room. Technically he could sleep in his own room now as he’s past the 6 month mark probably hence the reason why most mums only breastfeed until their 6 months. My girls 3 months and has a crib beside our bed but it’s not attached or anything but she sleeps in that all the time I bring her into our bed in the morning for a cuddle but she always sleeps in her crib
I think that's what someone here mentioned before. They think she's doing all this so he will be so dependent on her. That's the goal. I cannot remember which one of you said it but I completely agree with that statement.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Oh my god it looks like Thomas is wearing his dressing gown in the mountains 🤣 burn that shirt!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I would have presumed this is the trip that Melanie said about visiting her mam? She’d be off camera but the sister wouldn’t... If not then that is just so incredibly bizarre none of them would take the 20 minute drive to see each other, whatever about seeing Head Wreck Mel, but even just to see the baby.

The first grandchild / my niece was born last year too and sure you’d never pass an opportunity, be an hour away and you’d say “sure we’ll just swing by!!”

Can’t be blaming the Gov on this now.

• Wow
It's really odd that her mum and sister never make the effort to see the baby ,unless it's her doing ! a kind of punishment maybe . I think she's feeling insecure about Thomas's new hair she said it makes him look so young 😂

• Haha
Does anyone else think that she acts all mother nature/best mum in the world/give me a medal because I'm a 'mammy' but doesn't actually seem to have any real connection to her boy? Like it's all just about her? Even if I didn't show my daughters face on social media I'd likely still talk about her first words, if she was walking etc...all she seems to blab about is breastfeeding and co-sleeping. She seriously needs to get a life outside of her kid.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Does anyone else think that she acts all mother nature/best mum in the world/give me a medal because I'm a 'mammy' but doesn't actually seem to have any real connection to her boy? Like it's all just about her? Even if I didn't show my daughters face on social media I'd likely still talk about her first words, if she was walking etc...all she seems to blab about is breastfeeding and co-sleeping. She seriously needs to get a life outside of her kid.
I do think it’s weird that she never mentions or talks about his milestones or achievements really, the whole journey with her baby has just been breastfeeding, the rest of the time she’s just been complaining about leaps, growth spurts and lack of sleep, she doesn’t talk about anything of the lovely things like his first smile, his first laugh etc of when you wake to them in the morning and the first thing they do is smile right at you when they see you, that’s completely heart warming as a mummy

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Yeah she'd never manage him alone ,she just seems to go through the motions without any real connection / understanding of his needs even after 8 months of being his mammy.

It's really odd that her mum and sister never make the effort to see the baby ,unless it's her doing ! a kind of punishment maybe . I think she's feeling insecure about Thomas's new hair she said it makes him look so young 😂
I think it's weird about her mum, but I don't think she's someone most people enjoy spending loads of time with if she's half as annoying in person as she is online.

Reactions: 7
I think it's weird about her mum, but I don't think she's someone most people enjoy spending loads of time with if she's half as annoying in person as she is online.
That’s true, but if it was me I’d try and stick her for a bit just to see the grandchild.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.