Melanie Murphy #11 me neck, me back, I'm a hypochondriac

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hearing her chewing and smacking her tongue around in her mouth in the latest video is making me feel so sick. Why do people eat like that???

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Watched her new video. She looks miserable. She also seemed to fake enthusiasm over the vegan food she was eating in between showing annoyance at Thomas. The whole video just seemed like she really couldn't be bothered.
You're only doing the vegan thing for views and to be thin Mel. Stop pretending you're something special.

Reactions: 12
self publishing because whoever is publishing her now wouldn’t touch her poetry with a 10 foot pole. It’s okay to write poetry even if you aren’t a natural and if it helps you make sense of the world and yourself, go for it. But who would spend money on that?
Edit: she does not look well in her new reel at all. Whatever I might think about her she has a baby who needs his mammy. Hope she’s okay..

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I think it's evident she's struggling with motherhood. Every post about motherhood is tinged with passive aggressiveness and martyrdom.

The SA video she is clearly not doing great, reminiscing on her wild days of threesomes and magic mushrooms and ex boyfriend's. In the comments of that video someone said they hope she's okay and she made a snippy statement that tears shouldn't be confused with depression and that she was, in fact really happy.... yet the latest reel directly contradicts that...

I also seen this comment from Mel on the latest reel. She wants to start trying for another baby again, yet she's clearly struggling as is. She also mentions the possibility of moving country. She's not even considering it lets be real but needs to pretend to her followers so that she doesn't look selfish and like she's putting herself first, which she is... imo. Baby should come first.

If moving abroad was a possibility... surely the ball should have been rolling to make the move and adjust a good few weeks prior.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I think it's evident she's struggling with motherhood. Every post about motherhood is tinged with passive aggressiveness and martyrdom.

The SA video she is clearly not doing great, reminiscing on her wild days of threesomes and magic mushrooms and ex boyfriend's. In the comments of that video someone said they hope she's okay and she made a snippy statement that tears shouldn't be confused with depression and that she was, in fact really happy.... yet the latest reel directly contradicts that...

I also seen this comment from Mel on the latest reel. She wants to start trying for another baby again, yet she's clearly struggling as is. She also mentions the possibility of moving country. She's not even considering it lets be real but needs to pretend to her followers so that she doesn't look selfish and like she's putting herself first, which she is... imo. Baby should come first.

If moving abroad was a possibility... surely the ball should have been rolling to make the move and adjust a good few weeks prior.
So they DID get a approved for a mortgage. So why the attic still?
Maybe I missed something.

Reactions: 6

She wants another baby asap but also is struggling with lack of sleep, having no time, not being able to share her kids on SM, misses drinking alcohol and has no time to read books. Yes Mel, another baby sounds like exactly what you need right now. :rolleyes: She can’t even put a roof over the head of this one, how’s she gunna manage with Thomas gone and two kids in tow?

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Yea that whole reply has red flags all over it
She obvs wants to share that baby but Thomas isn’t allowing it hence the want to share but I can’t for a variety of reasons…meaning she wants to but isn’t allowed
She wants another baby so quickly because she loves being a parent, news flash you are one, you don’t need another baby to be one, what she is actually saying is she enjoys having a small baby who depends on her, lots of women will keep having babies because they love that phase where they are 100% dependant on you,when they start crawling walking talking and not needing you as much these women can’t cope, so they have another baby
She misses drinking wine…yea a “recovering alcoholic” shouldn’t say they miss wine when it’s something that controlled them and ruined their life…I doubt Anthony Hopkins misses drinking wine(correct me if I’m wrong) but we know Mels addiction is made up bullshit
Now they have mortgage approval…well isn’t that just news she’s dropped in there but hasn’t actually shared it to her many reels saying… yes they can buy a house and he can be a pilot…all the dreams are coming true…so I would take that with a pinch of salt
Also a child who sleeps till 6.30 is a bleeping dream, even if they do wake for a feed, but I don’t know many 10 month olds waking for a feed, what that kid wants is a boob for comfort, same thing can be done with a soother by his dad, but that wouldn’t fit the narrative of the baby being dependant on her and her alone
Apologies long rant

• Heart
Reactions: 20
She is an absolute trainwreck. If my friend/family member was that all over the shop I'd be so worried. The absolute last thing she needs to be thinking about is getting pregnant again. She is desperately trying to convince herself, and her followers, that this is what she wants. She needs to take a step back and properly assess. And deal with what she has first.

Also, the mortgage thing has to be bullshit. Everything is bullshit. Wants to see her mam but can't because of lockdown - lockdown lifts and they go to a random hotel alone and spend the majority of the time in the room in the dark while baby sleeps. Got a mortgage but gosh darn might have to leave the country now ....

And don't get me started on publishing her PROSE 🙃 just what this cess-pit of the past year needs. Although, we could all do with a giggle I suppose

• Heart
Hearing her chewing and smacking her tongue around in her mouth in the latest video is making me feel so sick. Why do people eat like that???
Although Melanie claims to be this well kept, polite and elegant person she is a slob and thus she has ZERO manners or respect for anyone. She is grotty.

Yea that whole reply has red flags all over it
She obvs wants to share that baby but Thomas isn’t allowing it hence the want to share but I can’t for a variety of reasons…meaning she wants to but isn’t allowed
She wants another baby so quickly because she loves being a parent, news flash you are one, you don’t need another baby to be one, what she is actually saying is she enjoys having a small baby who depends on her, lots of women will keep having babies because they love that phase where they are 100% dependant on you,when they start crawling walking talking and not needing you as much these women can’t cope, so they have another baby
She misses drinking wine…yea a “recovering alcoholic” shouldn’t say they miss wine when it’s something that controlled them and ruined their life…I doubt Anthony Hopkins misses drinking wine(correct me if I’m wrong) but we know Mels addiction is made up bullshit
Now they have mortgage approval…well isn’t that just news she’s dropped in there but hasn’t actually shared it to her many reels saying… yes they can buy a house and he can be a pilot…all the dreams are coming true…so I would take that with a pinch of salt
Also a child who sleeps till 6.30 is a bleeping dream, even if they do wake for a feed, but I don’t know many 10 month olds waking for a feed, what that kid wants is a boob for comfort, same thing can be done with a soother by his dad, but that wouldn’t fit the narrative of the baby being dependant on her and her alone
Apologies long rant
Agreed and I agree with rest of you ladies. I don’t know how to put this but Melanie has this amazing ability to catastrophise and complicate everything in life. I know, life is complicated and is not always easy but we’re in the 21st century and things are OBJECTIVELY easier, y’know? But, I don’t know with Melanie she has made everything come off as scary, complex, hard and weird. I know motherhood isn’t easy but she is the only parent I see making such a fuss about sleep training, post-partum hair loss, mental leaps, teething, breastfeeding etc. just everything that exists she has to: a) find a way to link it to herself, b) analyse it to death, c) catastrophise it and then spread that fear onto everyone else. Why can’t she just take it easy? She is so bleeping highly strung which is why I do not believe that she’ worked through her issues or gone to therapy because people who’ve done extensive therapy do not behave in this way.

She is an absolute trainwreck. If my friend/family member was that all over the shop I'd be so worried. The absolute last thing she needs to be thinking about is getting pregnant again. She is desperately trying to convince herself, and her followers, that this is what she wants. She needs to take a step back and properly assess. And deal with what she has first.
I firmly believe that everyone is allowed to have kids- as in I don't believe in controlling who can have kids (eugenics and all that crap) but can I just say that Melanie is the worst type of person to have children... She is the sort of person who has kids to fix a relationship and out of boredom and that is so dangerous. I hope to God that she does not have another child. It would not be good for her, Thomas, Milo or the baby.

I firmly believe that everyone is allowed to have kids- as in I don't believe in controlling who can have kids (eugenics and all that crap) but can I just say that Melanie is the worst type of person to have children... She is the sort of person who has kids to fix a relationship and out of boredom and that is so dangerous. I hope to God that she does not have another child. It would not be good for her, Thomas, Milo or the baby.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Do you think Thomas is controlling? She seems to be held back from what she wants to do. Yes- she was always annoying but she used to have fun with her dad, have a glass of wine in the evenings, have a laugh. Now she seems to be a shadow of herself clutching onto her baby as if it’s her lifeline

• Wow
Do you think Thomas is controlling? She seems to be held back from what she wants to do. Yes- she was always annoying but she used to have fun with her dad, have a glass of wine in the evenings, have a laugh. Now she seems to be a shadow of herself clutching onto her baby as if it’s her lifeline
It looks that way. He's the breadwinner of the two and they are living with his mother in her attic.

Reactions: 3
I don't think we can speculate as we don't know them in real life. I do think she's definitely going through a lot at the moment, that much is obvious. Whether Thomas is a good partner for her or not isn't something we can know. He's a twit but you don't need to see very hard to notice that.
We talk a lot about Melanie never living properly away from home. But has he? He went to Spain for X amount of months, but that was working. It wasn't flatmates and a house; very different things. He strikes me as a typical, posh, spoilt, Irish mammys boy who has never really fended for himself. Okay he paid for his degree but honestly that just shows me how privileged he is because he could live at home while he was saving for it/ as long as he wants to afterwards.

Realistically what parents do you know who would be fine with their child living with them in the circumstances they are? It's one thing to live with your parents while you're saving but they didn't get a mortgage yet. instead they spend thousands on a wedding, continue living with fam and then have a child, with plans for a second. All of this without the original purpose they were to be living with them in the first place. He's absolutely spoiled and his attitude stinks. But I don't know about controlling.

• Heart

FFS, you want more kids already yet this whole thing was a complaint about how little time you have and the fact you're stressed out? Seriously what is she on? Should she not maybe wait till she moves into their own place, finish her book etc? Oh wait that would leave less to complain about. Honestly she's clearly not in her right mind!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I don't think we can speculate as we don't know them in real life. I do think she's definitely going through a lot at the moment, that much is obvious. Whether Thomas is a good partner for her or not isn't something we can know. He's a twit but you don't need to see very hard to notice that.
We talk a lot about Melanie never living properly away from home. But has he? He went to Spain for X amount of months, but that was working. It wasn't flatmates and a house; very different things. He strikes me as a typical, posh, spoilt, Irish mammys boy who has never really fended for himself. Okay he paid for his degree but honestly that just shows me how privileged he is because he could live at home while he was saving for it/ as long as he wants to afterwards.

Realistically what parents do you know who would be fine with their child living with them in the circumstances they are? It's one thing to live with your parents while you're saving but they didn't get a mortgage yet. instead they spend thousands on a wedding, continue living with fam and then have a child, with plans for a second. All of this without the original purpose they were to be living with them in the first place. He's absolutely spoiled and his attitude stinks. But I don't know about controlling.
True, it was just how she wrote that she can’t share the baby, can’t have wine etc. I thought maybe it was Thomas’ influence.It could of course be self imposed/ joint decisions.

Reactions: 5
I feel like she overcomplicates things just to give herself things to complain about. Why not pump before bed so that Thomas can feed the baby in the middle of the night if she's so sleep deprived? Why not take the baby out in the stroller for walks? I see alot of women doing squats and lunges and working out in ways they can with their babies in the stroller. There are very clear solutions to her supposed problems but she seems to love sulking.

Also if I had a dollar for everytime she mentioned that she can show her baby on camera but CHOOSES NOT TO I could almost buy a Skerries mansion.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
It would clearly be insane for them to have another child right now- I feel like she would purely be getting pregnant just because she has built up getting pregnant again soon a lot rather than either her or Thomas actually wanting another baby right now. It's also pretty disrespectful to the in laws to expect them to house another baby!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm starting to think that Melanie is one of those women who really loves being pregnant more than actually being a parent.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.