Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lockdown sux

VIP Member
Chris even liked her post yesterday so it’s all amicable. Ultimately I think it was a close friendship that turned into something else due to lockdown.

Reactions: 16

Carlyq92

Did she not do an identical post when she announced herself and Chris were an item 🙄
Yep... pretty much. And I know a lot of people thought it wasn't a genuine relationship but I do, from Chris' perspective at least. I just find posts like this from anyone aged over 20 about new boyfriends/girlfriends within only a couple of months of the last relationship ending a weird combination of embarrassing and disrespectful. Especially when your new bloke has a reputation like Giovanni!

Knight of Galador

Chatty Member
I've never fully bought into her and Chris being real. As much as I don't trust The Sun and The Daily Mail they do tend to call gossip about Maura right, it seems she has no shortage of friends willing to sell stories on her. Among the multiple reasons given for her break up with Curtis they said Maura had grown unhappy with how little time they spent together around December and wanted out of the relationship but was pressured by her management to stay with him and how she could make millions more as part of a couple. Georgia Steel is on the same management as Maura and belatedly admitted that Off Limits pressured her to stay with Sam Bird. It tallies with what other islanders said about when trouble started between then and even when Curtis says he believes she started to go off him. If she could lead Curtis on I think she's capable of doing the same with Chris.

The only question for me is whether Chris himself is in on it. They started heavily teasing there was something between them the exact same day that Alexander Demetriou gave his interview admitting his "close bond" with Maura had his wife and several other Dancing On Ice pros convinced they were having an affair. All the excitement about them possibly getting together deflected attention away from a story which would have made Maura look bad. Everytime they heavily hinted there was something between them they'd get press stories and way more followers and engagement on their instagrams. It's certainly kept her in the spotlight and I doubt anyone would care about him at all if he hadn't attached himself like a barnacle to Maura's backside and now her concubine.

At best it's a relationship of convenience. The fact that she was seeing someone else only a few weeks before confirming her relationship is very suspect. It definitely looks as if she was desperate to land a celebrity boyfriend and when that didn't work she went with her backup option. That doesn't bode well for them long term.

megsmagoo

VIP Member
Never seen Love Island but apparently she was credited for creating a phrase ‘fanny flutters’- funnily enough on the Australian Love Island that was out a year prior to Maura’s series one of their cast said it! Proves that it’s all scripted.
Definitely, i don’t think I could sit through Maura’s entrance to the villa now, so cringe

janedoe2

Just did some “research”. Maura broke up with Curtis over a year ago. Before this whole Covid mess. It’s so weird how some people talk about the break up like it was just a few months ago. It must suck to have an exboyfriend that you only dated for a half a year haunt you.

janedoe2

Haunt her is being very melodramatic. They were the most high profile couple of their season arguably the most high profile couple the show has ever had. They were together for 8 months far longer than anyone predicted and there was constant media coverage of their relationship and they broke up in a swarm of controversy. Multiple rumours of cheating on both sides, hers including an affair with her married dancing on ice partner as well as reports she'd been pressured to stay with Curtis by her management raising the question of whether she was just using him. That's going to get people talking.

It's not like she's been quietly trying to move on with dignity. She's talked about him a fair amount since they broke up. She had a very public negative reaction to him dating again seven months later and at one point she even pulled a hoax that they'd gotten back together conveniently the same day as her married dancing on ice partner was caught sneaking out of flat.

He's not that much better. After a long time of keeping silent about her he's gone down the same route partly because he's been on another dating show were you're expected to talk about your last relationship. That's Maura's problem he hasn't gone away, he's still getting media coverage which references him as her ex but that's the price you pay for being a 'celebrity' couple.
Everything you write is overly dramatic. Bringing up things that happened over a year ago. Pretending that your opinions are facts. Writing a whole book every time. I think you might be too invested in Curtis. Weird

• Haha

Sweatingbullets

Chatty Member
It’s funny how Maura seems to be slut-shamed more than the likes of Nick Cannon...
I forgot when a 6 month relationship ends (that was only due to lockdown) the woman has to wear mourning clothes for the calendar year. Queen Victoria style.🙃
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with dating around, but the way she Insta announces every relationship within a few weeks as ‘my everything’, ‘my one and only’ blah makes it seem like she’s very flaky and disingenuous and basically doing it all for the gram! Which is totally at odds with her insistence that she’s a ‘relationship girl’. She can date a million guys if she wants, but they can’t all be the one!

Knight of Galador

Chatty Member
I think it's more of a case that she wants to look loved up and in a perfect relationship to the outside world. Granted, every one wants to look as if they are living their best lives on instagram but I do think she takes it to another level and tries to rope her fellas in to charade. That's why it's always a shock to most of her stans when these relationships finish. It all seems so confusing and abrupt when in reality the relationship was probably flawed from the beginning.

Last edited:

orlyb1310

VIP Member
I've always wanted Chris and Francesca to fall in love. I don't follow any of them though 😂

Reactions: 15

sephylily

VIP Member
You're right but it was just a little over month from when she split from Chris and had a weekend with Giovanni. So a month to hook up with someone new and two months to go instagram official with them.
i don't think a month is a significant amount of time either. she cannot claim to be seriously invested in these flings and then be over them so quickly. i'm honestly starting to think there's some truth in the rumour someone came up with earlier in the thread that she's a lesbian.

• Haha

briannaroseee

Oh God no, I'd take Chris over cringey Curtis 100 times over 🤢 I don't know what it is but he gave the ick from Day 1 in the villa. The smarmy, disingenuous persona would be far more off-putting for me. Would be happy to never see his face on TV again after that car crash stand-up show. No 'nice' guy talks about women like that.
I think the bottom line here is that maura has no taste in men 😂

• Haha

soccergirl

VIP Member
It seems a bit gross to go to the Pride of Britain awards, never mention the event or awardees, and just post endless selfies of yourself looking hot so everyone goes 'OMB obsessed! 🔥'

Knight of Galador

Chatty Member
Curtis is vile, he knew he was "bi" or gay from the off but he chose not to say so he could get further in the competition.
According to Maura he privately told her her he was was straight but he would say in interviews that he was open minded about sexuality and didn't like to label anything, She's said on lives that every time he gave an interview saying this she would get a ton of abusive stuff about his sexuality in her DMs and it caused arguments between them.

Yeah the more they put up staged photos the more i think the whole thing is staged.
To be fair lots of couples try to look their best selves on instagram. Still 4 weeks ago she was dating Bradley Evans so she's gone from that to Chris being her everything very quick. I too get the feeling that this is staged.

leahpatterson

Chatty Member
Late to Maura threads but is there more to all these trips to Dubai?? Is that how she makes her money. Short working trips to Dubai if you know what I mean.

• Haha

Lovelula

VIP Member
My 2 cents..
Dental work will change your smile which will in turn change your face.
I've always felt from day dot she was a plant on Love Island, I dont think she was comfortable there and was only ever there to raise her profile.
The relationship with Curtis was fake,with Chris it was a friendship...

I have always felt there is something about this one I just cannot figure out??
There is something about her...
I would not be wholly surprised if she was not interested in men at all and came out batting for the other side..does anyone else feel this way?