Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

soccergirl

VIP Member
Ha, I am not invested! I liked him on Strictly and was curious about this. I'm learning a lot about the workings of the tabloids here!
I thought she was heading off to Ireland soon anyway, so presumably this might fizzle out.

Reactions: 1

Knight of Galador

Chatty Member
I too thought the Maura and Giovanni were genuine because it was private but to be honest even a real relationship can be milked for PR if one or both of them are up for it - there's is just something really odd about the coverage of all this.

Like a lot of people I thought the initial reports of them hooking up seemed like idle speculation. I know it's not uncommon for showbiz journalists in the current age to investigate who follows whom and who's liking each others instagram posts but it seemed like a bit of reach that two random public figures followed each other liked each others latest posts meant that they were romantically involved. Even when they were both in Cornwall (a popular holiday destination when foreign travel is restricted) at the same time seemed like it could be a coincidence - it's not like they were even spotted together yet the press treated it like an almost certainty that they were screwing.

Then there is all this 'sources close to Maura' leaking stuff to the press about her belief he could be a player. It almost seems like these stories are being deliberately planted by her team. Despite my initial belief that this was genuine romance she wanted to keep quiet it's starting to look like her most contrived romance yet.

janedoe2

The whole reporting on Maura and Giovanni seems more than a little reminiscent of the how the press initially reported on speculation she was hooking up with Chris. Remember the very staged looking pap shots of him of gleefully strutting out of her flat during the first lockdown with 'sources close to Maura and Chris' describing their budding romance.

A genuine romance may or may not have eventually developed between them (after she tried dating Bradley James) but there's little doubt in my mind that all the hyping up of a potential romance between them was a way to deflect from the negative stories about Maura being the cause of the breakdown of her Dancing On Ice partner's marriage and to keep her and Chris relevant during a time that would have otherwise been difficult. Truth is Maura herself is incredibly media savvy and she's with a management that is very well connected to the press and has even pushed a former islanders to engage in a sham romances.

The blogger who tweeted about seeing two Love Islanders and a Strictly pro in Cornwall didn't even see Maura and Giovanni together. Why would the press be so adamant that and a couple of instagram likes meant they were together (on balance you'd more immediately assume she was there with a fellow Islander) unless someone from Maura or Giovanni's camp was tipping them off?

There is also the fact that all this runs very contrary to how Maura has incessantly described herself. After a break up she needs time to heal and doesn't get into new relationships straight away. That she's a relationship girl that doesn't casually date or have flings. If this relationship Giovanni is real deal it seems Maura is full of sh*t and if it is PR driven...well she's still full of sh*t but in a different way.
Calm down! 😝 Wow you are way too invested in Maura. No need to write another book with regurgitated information from the tabloids 😂 You do know they make up stories. There hasn’t even been a photo or statement from their management. People are allowed to just date.

noseygoss

Also I’m regard to photos, I was there with my kids as was she. I wouldn’t like it if strangers were taking photos, wasn’t the place to do that. It was a theme park for children not a red carpet
Yes and they would only be allowed to take pictures of the children who’s parents gave permission. Regardless of that these ‘celebs’ were attending because it was the theme park opened with lockdown easing and they were given a free day out . The paparazzi were there I’ve seen pictures from the event. These two played up to the strictly romance rumours so there would have been a story there and no way he never got papped.

Intheparkonthebeach

Giovanni is some player I’d say, Maura better off I’d say!
You're on point there, he's a professional player!
Just caught up with the Giovanni & Maura split story. I didn't know he dumped her. Two weeks ago. Saying he "doesn't want to settle down". Ok, that's fair enough, but, why say to her "you're mine", "I adore you" I love you so much", you're my princess", and, I'm yours forever"?! What a twat. She is said to be 'in shock', and, that he absolutely 'blindsided her' by suddenly finishing with her for no reason that she's aware of. Rant over guys!

Last edited:

TheScarletgirl

VIP Member
not exactly a fan of Maura and Chris but her best mates knew about her relationship with him. They were all close to him. He met her two best mates from Ireland, her monster girls and match girl mates. I genuinely believe it was a relationship but pressured by lockdown. The two of them should have stayed just friends

I presume we are talking about her relationship with Chris ? Why wouldn't they know it has been on social media for ages.

Lurker752

To be honest I’ve actually never met someone who has SUCH a strong accent I actually thought it was put on for LI. Haven’t watched the show yet but yesterday they had her ‘live’ on 2fm to promote the show - which was very obviously a recording- my god she will not be a radio presenter in this life time
Was that really her ? I wasn’t sure if it was or just a skit? The song thing she was singing about her abs and how unreal she was ? Made me think it was someone joking putting on her accent 🙈😂🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha

pipmaccc

So Maura pays her PR to get any comments she won‘t liked removed pretty much instantly.

A comment like “she tries too hard but looks great” gets reported and deleted within minutes
The comments under that article aren’t nice about Maura or Molly and Lucie seems to be liked.

Two of the oldest comments under that story “ Maura: Horrid. Lucie: Gorgeous” and “Maura is so desperate. It ain’t gonna happen”

I checked the time stamps and the comments were made before posted this. It’s certainly not PR.

Pixienuts1975

Mauras support doesn’t surprise me. This is the same person that exclaimed in joy when Greg arrived in the villa because “finally there’s another Irish” meanwhile Yewande had been in the villa the whole time....

Hmm wonder why she didn’t perceive Yewande as Irish🤔
Is Yewande from NI or the republic?