Married At First Sight UK #14 We cba anymore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was talking to a mate last night about this gaggle of helmets, and we wondered something....

How much involvement do you think Laura's mean girl "friends" had with the breakdown of her first marriage?

I know she said it all fell apart during Covid, and pinned it all on her ex. Due to lockdown it's not likely those two witches were getting much chance to corner her in a pub to slag him off, but I do wonder if they were on the phone texting/chatting tit, meeting for walks and putting the poison down at every chance they got.

Both of them strike me as the "friendemies" type, who would begrudge each other finding happiness.
Without knowing much about her ex, I would say they’d be the meddling sort and probably if Laura had a normal rant like “he tracked mud through the house right after I’d vacuumed” or some normal banal annoyance they’d be like “omg divorce him babe, that’s so not Chelsea???”

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Forcing myself to catch up today...finally on the homestay episode and Ella's old ass nan is saying how important sex is. Lovely.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Ella seems to have no chat other than about sex. I know this is how she's being portrayed on the show but she is obsessed. Paul B asked what else does she have to offer. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I don't think she knows.

Reactions: 20
Ella seems to have no chat other than about sex. I know this is how she's being portrayed on the show but she is obsessed. Paul B asked what else does she have to offer. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I don't think she knows.
I'm watching another programme atm which features a trans lady and it's just like watching another Ella: The OTT lip-fillers, the huge eyelashes, scantily-covered large breasts, long blonde hair extensions, and the most revealing outfits she can find. Funnily enough, she's complaining too that her boyfriend is reluctant to be intimate with her sexually.

I like Ella and hope she finds happiness & fulfillment in a relationship, but she really needs to tone down the crude talk (and imo cover up them boobs once in a while!) I don't think men really appreciate their girlfriends talking like that all the time - unless maybe it's in the privacy of their bedroom. I know I wouldn't like a man who constantly referred to sex & sexual acts, it would put me off big time. Hopefully after reading that letter, and hearing & reading what people have said online, she'll realise how smutty & inappropriate it all sounds.

But as I said, apart from that I like her - she seems like a lovely caring person and I think she'd make the best friend ever.

Reactions: 7
Do you think maybe it's because she's not had the opportunity to "use" her new installation yet?

Perhaps she's just downright desperate to take it on a test drive but no one has taken the plunge with her since she recovered from surgery?
Or maybe she has and it wasn't very good so she's either over compensating by talking it all up, or is looking for the next one in the hopes of it being better....
Seems odd that she is utterly obsessed about sex and that JJ hasn't dived on it the way I thought he would....

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Don't see all the fuss about Georges gaming, If Peggy wanted him to go out with her family then pick another day. Gaming can be a good money maker. I'm sure she'd say no if he said lets go out for lunch and she had an hair appointment.
---
As for Ella always talking about sex I think she thinks thats how women act but most of them dont.

Reactions: 21
I'm watching another programme atm which features a trans lady and it's just like watching another Ella: The OTT lip-fillers, the huge eyelashes, scantily-covered large breasts, long blonde hair extensions, and the most revealing outfits she can find. Funnily enough, she's complaining too that her boyfriend is reluctant to be intimate with her sexually.
It’s because womanhood in their minds is a costume. They have no clue how it actually feels to be a woman so rely on over-accentuating secondary sexual characteristics and reinforcing what they believe are stereotypical female attributes and sexually appealing fashion choices.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
It’s because womanhood in their minds is a costume. They have no clue how it actually feels to be a woman so rely on over-accentuating secondary sexual characteristics and reinforcing what they believe are stereotypical female attributes and sexually appealing fashion choices.
I'm not sure this applies to all trans women but Ella certainly acts more like a camp man or drag queen.
I'm curious as to what it feels like to be a female. I am one but I just feel like me.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Yes (and mindful not to turn the thread into a discussion about trans, etc) Years ago I used to do my shopping really early in a certain supermarket, when I say early, I mean as soon as it opened, around 7.00am. I noticed quite a few woman teetering about in high-heeled shoes, sometimes slingbacks which were really out-dated - lots of make-up, spaghetti-strap dresses more suitable for evening wear, and wearing obvious wigs.

Years later on I learned that men 'transitioning' were encouraged to go out in public dressed as women as part of that process. Not sure if that's still the norm now though. I imagine transitioning isn't the easiest thing in the world to do, and God bless them, but yes, I agree with what you said re the stereotypical female attributes, etc.

Reactions: 2
but then again, if trans women were to dress unisex or androgynous, people would be shouting that you're not a real woman if you're not ultra feminine and don't enjoy eyelashes and make up and all things girly. even tho irl you get all shades of womanhood - me for example, im a tomboy and not v good at hair and make up.

Reactions: 6
If Georges’ gaming streaming was raking in thousands (which it can) I’m pretty sure Peggy’s tune would change as quickly as Ella’s blinking.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Was away for a few days and I've given up on it. Canne be arsed catching up 😴
If anyone cares 😅😅😅

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Do you think maybe it's because she's not had the opportunity to "use" her new installation yet?

Perhaps she's just downright desperate to take it on a test drive but no one has taken the plunge with her since she recovered from surgery?
Or maybe she has and it wasn't very good so she's either over compensating by talking it all up, or is looking for the next one in the hopes of it being better....
Seems odd that she is utterly obsessed about sex and that JJ hasn't dived on it the way I thought he would....
When Nathanial wasn't physical with her she kept telling the others that she wasn't used to men not ripping her clothes off – this insinuates sex, whether accurate or not – and I think she craves it. We see that in how she can't believe her luck that a straight guy sees her as a woman not as a fetish or curiosity. That said, I'm not convinced JJ does given his reticence to sleep with her. I don't buy that if he really likes someone he takes it slow. When two people fancy each other as much as they say they do... I just think he maybe can't quite get his head around it entirely to go the whole way. Obviously I could be wrong but I get that impression.

Reactions: 27
but then again, if trans women were to dress unisex or androgynous, people would be shouting that you're not a real woman if you're not ultra feminine and don't enjoy eyelashes and make up and all things girly. even tho irl you get all shades of womanhood - me for example, im a tomboy and not v good at hair and make up.
Well trans women can't ever be "real" women however they dress, they are biologically male.

Still, I fail to understand why it would (rightly) be seen as offensive were a white person to claim they identified as a person of colour, yet not offensive for a man to claim they are really a woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.