Married At First Sight UK #14 We cba anymore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's because their homes are not Chelsea homes and the show mustn't ruin the pretence....that none of us have fallen for.
---

She can't have never done the deed with anyone though?! She's 32 isn't she?
She might be a “born again” type girl where she has had bad experiences in the past and now wants to wait.

Reactions: 4
Just catching up on last nights and I’m just so infuriated by Peggy. 😠

The whole “he’d rather game with his family than spend time with me” was completely over exaggerated and ridiculous.

Gaming is his job. If I had to work late, and my partner said “do you fancy going out for food with my family” I would say “I can’t, let’s go next week instead.” That doesn’t mean he’s not my number one priority it’s just that in that moment, the work is more important than going for a meal. If I were working late, and something bad happened with his family then of course I’d drop everything and be there for them.

I don’t understand how Peggy seems to think that just because your partner isn’t your number 1 priority 24 hours a day, that means you value other things above them 🤯 she’s genuinely awful and has no concept of the real world.

Also, she wouldn’t question George’s “shifts” with gaming if it were another job, she just doesn’t want him to do it and hopes if she goes on enough he’ll just give it up.
Gaming isn’t his job, not his full time one anyway, it’s the one (rare) thing I agree on with Peggy if my fella refused to go on a date night or something else to stream himself gaming on the internet to strangers I’d be out of there like a flash 😬 he’s a whole 30 years old

Reactions: 12
Re. Laura’s ‘ friends ‘ we all know what we saw. The looks they were giving him, their body language, the way they spoke to him and their general attitudes. The camera doesn’t lie. It’s all about damage control now from Laura’s point of view. Those girls came across REALLY bad and not nice people to be around.
Proper school bully vibes off them. Thinks someone has to be from Chelsea or a (fake) posho to be interesting

Reactions: 15
Gaming isn’t his job, not his full time one anyway, it’s the one (rare) thing I agree on with Peggy if my fella refused to go on a date night or something else to stream himself gaming on the internet to strangers I’d be out of there like a flash 😬 he’s a whole 30 years old
I agree with that to an extent
It’s still what he enjoys doing
But I’d like to see what would happen if Peggy had a lip filler appt and George proposed they go on a date or meet up with his family. I doubt she’d drop everything, in fact she’d probably make it his fault for arranging it when he KNOWS she has a lip filler appt.
it was amazing that her demeanour changed as soon as she saw how nice his apartment was

Reactions: 43
I think Georges was making a stand and rightfully so; it is his hobby and the daft woman needs to appreciate that she might not get it but it's his thing – like it or leave it rather than trying to get him to stop. I have no doubt that if they became a proper couple he absolutely would forfeit gaming on a given Friday evening as he'd be able to tell his audience first – he stated that he wouldn't just go to dinner because he doesn't like letting his audience down. What he said made total sense to me. She wants to just walk all over what he does and have him be a yes man.

Reactions: 30
But let’s say your partner went to a tennis club on a Wednesday night and you knew that. Wouldn’t you just suggest going out another night? I don’t understand the mentality Peggy has of expecting him to drop his plans whenever she clicks her fingers.

Reactions: 48
But let’s say your partner went to a tennis club on a Wednesday night and you knew that. Wouldn’t you just suggest going out another night? I don’t understand the mentality Peggy has of expecting him to drop his plans whenever she clicks her fingers.
honestly don’t know what he sees in her, she could pass for 50z. Georges deserves better.

Reactions: 15
I'll take georges off Peggy's hands no problem he can squat anywhere he wants 🤣🤣🤣 the poor man is worn out from her nagging u can tell he is wreaked by it all. Double standards she wants him to change his entire personality to suit her. But she won't move an inch. If a man was saying all this there would be war.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Cam and Lucia bezzy mates to Laura may have privatized their IG accounts but their Fb accounts are public as is Laura’s.

Depending on the age of the photos is the version of them you will see. Big lips, heeuge lips, regular lips, pointy faces, orangeness etc. the whole spectrum.

Pair of vacuous ladies, Cam is single so she is no expert! I would doubt Laura simply for putting such value on her friends’ opinions.

Arfur should do a runner!!

Reactions: 13
I can't believe Laura is only 34. I thought she was much older, she certainly looks older than the rest of her coven. And Peggy is only 32!! Does all the messing about with their faces age them prematurely?

Reactions: 40
I agree with the above posts I think George was saying he didn't like letting anyone down and hoped Peggy would see that as a good thing as he would do the same for her.

Reactions: 13
Frustrating them going in on and criticising Arthur for his tone, delivery etc when he’s literally doing it in a second language.

Bet neither of them would have such a strong conversational ability in a second language.

Reactions: 32
For me it’s the hobby
Tennis is fine as it’s a sport, keeps you fit and active etc and you’re out and about
Georges is playing games in his bedroom for strangers on the internet
It’s just SUCH an ick hahaha maybe it’s cos my ex used to prioritise gaming over us going out and it’s hit a nerve 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
No but if he played tennis three times a week and refused to change any days/times I’d be pissed off 😂 not sticking up for Peggy she pisses me off but they both need to compromise on things if they want to work

Reactions: 3
I fell asleep 😴 last night so am just catching up.

Hasn't Laura got at real family? Odd that we only see the judgemental friends. I loved Arthur showing that he didn't care about their opinions because they've never really given him a chance. I don't think they are suited for a long term committed relationship but the friends were putting too much pressure on.

Peggy doesn't understand Georges commitment to gaming, it's no different to if he said he played a sport at a certain time each week or was doing a job. He should not just give everything up to dance attendance on her whenever she clicks her fingers. She's a very selfish person so I can't see any future for them.

Ella came across much better this week but I noticed that JJ talked about about her going out and getting drunk (like Nathaniel did). It sounds like Ella is more committed to partying than anything else.

I don't understand why Erica got so uptight about the fact that Jordan didn't want to do a swap, get over it. Jordan's mum came over well but I think he must be hard work to be in a relationship with.

Thomas and Ros hmmm .. I'm not sure that will last either but at least Thomas has gained some confidence back.

Reactions: 17
I’ve just seen a comment on Facebook saying how people feel sorry for Matt as he genuinely is just a quiet guy (which I agree with)…

and people are commenting saying he’s now with Shona ??! 😱 is this common knowledge ?!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Frustrating them going in on and criticising Arthur for his tone, delivery etc when he’s literally doing it in a second language.

Bet neither of them would have such a strong conversational ability in a second language.
This is exactly it!

I speak two languages other than English, and I will admit my personality when speaking/signing them is a lot different than when I'm speaking English. Mainly because I'm not as confident, and while I've gained a lot of vocab and fluidity over the years, I still stumble and have to think on my feet WAY more than I do when chatting tit in English.

Also, other languages don't have much of the fluff English does. We add so many words we don't need to say, like "oh", and "just", or "kind of". Many other languages are just straight to the point, no softeners added.

I think English being Arthur's second language is easily 80% of the problems he's seen so far. And also probably why he's not picking up on Laura's behaviour quite so much too.

Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.