Married At First Sight UK #14 We cba anymore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Laura and Arthur have both posted on their stories asking people to be kind to Laura's friends. He said that some bits he said didn't make the edit, plus they were joking around before it kicked off. Hmm, I still get a bad vibe off them.

Reactions: 25
I find Laura's Instagram very cringey, as far back as 2017 it's bikini shot after bikini shot, she's one of the few MAFS contestants to have seemingly promoted her 'real' Instagram account and not created a new one just for the show

Reactions: 10
I can't see Georges & Prudy ever doing the deed. I can't imagine spending weeks & weeks with someone you fancy without ripping each others clothes off. At best Georges can expect a birthday shag once a year if they get that far.

Reactions: 24
Laura and Arthur have both posted on their stories asking people to be kind to Laura's friends. He said that some bits he said didn't make the edit, plus they were joking around before it kicked off. Hmm, I still get a bad vibe off them.
Yeh deffo bad vibes but I’m so embarrassed for people who are actively seeking them out on SM to put comments on their pages or DMing them. No need. Keep it to yourself or Tattle !

Reactions: 14
Lauras dark haired mate is a total witch. And did the experts not say to (I think) Trasha and Paul to live in the moment and not get bogged down with what happens next? So that mean girl needs to STFU , and Laura needs to grow a back bone, it's obvious her wee daft pals think she's beneath them

Reactions: 19
Just caught up on the last few episodes. In regards to Adrienne & Matt she strikes me as one of those girls who would put on a dating profile “must make me laugh & be funny” whilst having zero personality themselves . Her just acting like a head or being childish doesn’t make her “funny” why does she keep going on about energy . She’s just irritating. Matt is just clearly very different & their personalities don’t match , different senses of humour . Matt does come across albeit slightly boring but if that’s him that’s him . She shouldn’t demand he give more energy or whatever she’s on about , he should tell her to pipe down & stop acting a dick , .

Reactions: 36
Can I just say how absolutely tragic it is that Laura took Arthur to Chelsea to meet the witches, when she comes from HAMPSHIRE?! It’s not even close! Are they not embarrassed?! ‘Welcome to Chelsea!’ CRINGE! I bet at Christmas time they wander round the streets of Chelsea looking in the houses with their greasy noses and inflated lips pressed against the window panes of other people’s windows, looking in at the posh families round their Christmas trees and say to each other ‘next year hun, we’ll meet a Chelsea boy and all this will be ours’. Then they trundle off home on the hour and a half train journey drinking their cans of G&Ts and giving evil looks to all the other passengers.
100%. I was dying for Arthur to ask the friends where they'd travelled from to be there :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I keep just thinking about the exquisite irony of Peggy spending the whole series feeling exhausted and upset that no one in the group liked her partner. Obviously pretending to be really hurt by it but actually feeling totally validated and superior that whilst they didn’t like him, they all loved her 🥰
And now, in a beautiful twist, George has spend his time defending her against the literal world because everyone hates her and thinks she’s a manipulative shrew.
It really warms my heart to see people given a big spoonful of cold hard truths

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Just catching up on last nights and I’m just so infuriated by Peggy. 😠

The whole “he’d rather game with his family than spend time with me” was completely over exaggerated and ridiculous.

Gaming is his job. If I had to work late, and my partner said “do you fancy going out for food with my family” I would say “I can’t, let’s go next week instead.” That doesn’t mean he’s not my number one priority it’s just that in that moment, the work is more important than going for a meal. If I were working late, and something bad happened with his family then of course I’d drop everything and be there for them.

I don’t understand how Peggy seems to think that just because your partner isn’t your number 1 priority 24 hours a day, that means you value other things above them 🤯 she’s genuinely awful and has no concept of the real world.

Also, she wouldn’t question George’s “shifts” with gaming if it were another job, she just doesn’t want him to do it and hopes if she goes on enough he’ll just give it up.

Reactions: 34
"Heavy petting" was her phrase 🤢
Until I watched this series of MAFS I thought the only people in the world who used the phrase "heavy petting" were those who make the "things not to do here" signs at public swimming pools.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Laura and Arthur have both posted on their stories asking people to be kind to Laura's friends. He said that some bits he saididn't make the edit, plus they were joking around before it kicked off. Hmm, I still get a bad vibe off them.
They all do this, as if nothing we see onscreen is real. It makes a mockery of the whole thing. It's the first Mafs I've watched and it's addictively bad but it is pretty tit isn't it! I'm watching Aussie Mafs series 6 at the same time, loving it. Also very staged in places with terrible villains who are arguably terrible actors.
---
I find Laura's Instagram very cringey, as far back as 2017 it's bikini shot after bikini shot, she's one of the few MAFS contestants to have seemingly promoted her 'real' Instagram account and not created a new one just for the show
It's not a patch on Erica's!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Yeh deffo bad vibes but I’m so embarrassed for people who are actively seeking them out on SM to put comments on their pages or DMing them. No need. Keep it to yourself or Tattle !
Yeah I agree, bleeping weird thing to do.

Reactions: 8
Re. Laura’s ‘ friends ‘ we all know what we saw. The looks they were giving him, their body language, the way they spoke to him and their general attitudes. The camera doesn’t lie. It’s all about damage control now from Laura’s point of view. Those girls came across REALLY bad and not nice people to be around.

Reactions: 36
I agree with the person who said Laura is trying to fit in with those mean girls.

Also it’s so annoying when they just go somewhere for a drink, I like to see their homes 😂

Reactions: 29
The penny has dropped for me with Peggy - she was brought with her parents telling her than losing her virginity was the most important moment of her life and therefore feels like 'giving it all away' -- or whatever the duck she said in the last ep -- is the most important moment in a relationship. She sees sex/intimacy as something that exists only for men's benefit and her only bit of control in the relationship. I don't think it has/will ever occur to her that some (most) people have sex because they enjoy it, and it really is not that big of a deal.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I think Truss has been using sex as a cover for not wanting to talk about deeper feelings etc and now she is running scared (based on the preview) because she has real feelings for Thomas.

Reactions: 33
I agree with the person who said Laura is trying to fit in with those mean girls.

Also it’s so annoying when they just go somewhere for a drink, I like to see their homes 😂
It's because their homes are not Chelsea homes and the show mustn't ruin the pretence....that none of us have fallen for.
---
The penny has dropped for me with Peggy - she was brought with her parents telling her than losing her virginity was the most important moment of her life and therefore feels like 'giving it all away' -- or whatever the duck she said in the last ep -- is the most important moment in a relationship. She sees sex/intimacy as something that exists only for men's benefit and her only bit of control in the relationship. I don't think it has/will ever occur to her that some (most) people have sex because they enjoy it, and it really is not that big of a deal.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I think Truss has been using sex as a cover for not wanting to talk about deeper feelings etc and now she is running scared (based on the preview) because she has real feelings for Thomas.
She can't have never done the deed with anyone though?! She's 32 isn't she?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.