Man With A Hammer

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also. I work in mortgages. He's in a fixed period. And doesn't need to borrow any more money. So why do you need to sort your mortgage out? You would stay in the fixed period as long as possible because the rates are crap atm

Reactions: 1
Also. I work in mortgages. He's in a fixed period. And doesn't need to borrow any more money. So why do you need to sort your mortgage out? You would stay in the fixed period as long as possible because the rates are crap atm
There’s either more to it than meets the eye or it’s a (misjudged) sob story. Or maybe it’s the first badly disguised as the second.

Reactions: 2
Something to do with adding on or taking off the mortgage the not so secret girlfriend perhaps?

Reactions: 3
Erghhhh *for sale* ….. only joking just needed to create some panic among the commoners

Reactions: 4
I don’t understand why if he wasn’t looking to borrow more or to make any changes why he needed to remortgage when he in a fixed rate. What other reasons would there be?

I don’t understand why if he wasn’t looking to borrow more or to make any changes why he needed to remortgage when he in a fixed rate. What other reasons would there be?
He was quite cagey in the comments about that. Somebody directly suggested that would be the best thing to do, and he said ‘that’s not an option.’

It does invite speculation though!

Still, some slimy sycophant called his local pub and bought him a load of beer to be delivered to the door to ease the pain.

• Sick
Reactions: 5
He was quite cagey in the comments about that. Somebody directly suggested that would be the best thing to do, and he said ‘that’s not an option.’

Still, some slimy sycophant called his local pub and bought him a load of beer to be delivered to the door to ease the pain.
I wonder if Chloe with the proper job has left him and wants off the mortgage so she can get her own house

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 4

It’s unbelievable isn’t it? He gets free beer to soothe his pretend financial pains and then in the next breath is posting about his PR discounted, bespoke, handmade, solid wood kitchen. What gullible fools his followers are.

• Sick
Reactions: 5
Thinking about it, wasn’t he still working at his bakery job like a year/18 months ago so he hasn’t been self employed long enough to apply for a mortgage?

Thinking about it, wasn’t he still working at his bakery job like a year/18 months ago so he hasn’t been self employed long enough to apply for a mortgage?
He announced going ‘full time’ in October 2021. Unsure when it actually happened but as of May he was still referring to his old job and renovating at weekends.

Am sure you need 3 full years of paperwork if you’re self employed, so sounds like Halifax are perfectly justified for not giving him a mortgage? Seems a bit off for him to be slagging them off to his followers if that is the case!

You only need one year of accounts / tax return to get a mortgage. The point is he must be making a change to something to need a new mortgage. Like removing someone, needing more money etc

Yes to the 3yrs of self employed books. A few of his followers have obliquely pointed to that in a backhanded way in the comments. I suspect knowing exactly, as we all do,
that he was an employee less than 18mo ago and so cannot possibly meet the requirements.

I’m sure a few lenders will offer products that require less evidence of SE income but generally it is 3yrs.

So completely and utterly dramatic starting that post with “For Sale”. The replies to his followers make me cringe too, calling them Madame or Old Bean etc. Wasnt upset for too long though was he thanks to his free, bespoke kitchen 🙄 insufferable hole. Rant over 🙈

• Sick
Reactions: 8
Madame really is so cringe. I wonder if it’s just for Instagram or if he calls people that in real life? :sick:

• Sick
Reactions: 3
I find him a little bit creepy actually with the Madame replies. He is either being over-friendly or putting on this faux upper class personality. The house doesn’t make the person Greg.

And what’s with all the Scottish phrases? He talks about Yorkshire a lot but never refers to having links to Scotland, yet is fond of peppering his posts and chats with very typically and uniquely Scottish dialect. “Wee” is a big favourite but it’s by no means limited to that.

And what’s with all the Scottish phrases? He talks about Yorkshire a lot but never refers to having links to Scotland, yet is fond of peppering his posts and chats with very typically and uniquely Scottish dialect. “Wee” is a big favourite but it’s by no means limited to that.
He spent time living in Cumbria at one point and in Cumbria there is a lot of crossover between North East/Scottish dialects.