Madeleine Olivia #4 She puts the AD in Madeleine

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seems like she's more sewing and Reno content than sustainability and minimalism though?

I used to watch Jessica Rose Williams and Maddie for their "slow living" content but I've realised they're both shams who don't practice what they preach

If Maddie wishes to be acquisitive in relation to clothes and home decor that's fine. Up to her. She can do her but it's the pretence of sustainability that irritates me and her constant justification of purchases. Real sustainability is to make do with fewer items and not buy anything new. I mean does she really need yet more shoes? I'm also sick of hearing about her mental health. I don't find other people loading their monkey on my back helpful. Maybe others do but I don't.

Reactions: 7
I agree, Dainty's true to her roots and always so watchable. No ridiculous hauls, no blatant consumerism, no ridiculous advice, just honest and normal, she's my favourite.
The reason I like Katherine rather than Maddie is that I feel Katherine has remained true to herself. I feel she has continued to do things she likes rather than for effect for YT or the gram. Actually thinking scout it as I type, I think Maddie is actually being true to herself as she is today. Self-involved, non-sustainzble & acquisitive Maddie is the real Maddie. I think minimalist, sustainable Maddie was the false Maddie.

She's a fantastically impressive woman - she'll tackle most reno jobs (on a budget) solo, and has made a lovely home. I love her gardening content, too.
For a second I missed this was a quote reply and thought you were talking about Maddy 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The reason I like Katherine rather than Maddie is that I feel Katherine has remained true to herself. I feel she has continued to do things she likes rather than for effect for YT or the gram. Actually thinking scout it as I type, I think Maddie is actually being true to herself as she is today. Self-involved, non-sustainzble & acquisitive Maddie is the real Maddie. I think minimalist, sustainable Maddie was the false Maddie.
Agreed, although I still don’t know if we’ve gotten to the ‘true’ Maddie. I feel like she just follows whatever the trends of the moment are, I don’t think we’ll ever truly see what she’s like. And that’s why I think she’s so unhappy, because she’s crafting her entire life on a lie and not on what actually makes her happy.

Reactions: 6
For a second I missed this was a quote reply and thought you were talking about Maddy 😂
Given that Maddie can't so much as tear a fingernail without a 30 plus minute YT video about how it has adversely impacted her wellbeing, complete with AD for nail glue, unlikely.

Katherine has dealt with parental bereavement and (IIRC) redundancy from a proper job during the pandemic. She doesn't moan about it, and doesn't waste people's time with Spon Con for bullshit products.

It shows Maddie up as being incredibly shallow and privileged, with no idea of how out of touch she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Agreed, although I still don’t know if we’ve gotten to the ‘true’ Maddie. I feel like she just follows whatever the trends of the moment are, I don’t think we’ll ever truly see what she’s like. And that’s why I think she’s so unhappy, because she’s crafting her entire life on a lie and not on what actually makes her happy.
Good point although I still feel acquisitive Maddie is closer to type than sustainable Maddie.

Reactions: 3
Can anyone tell me what happened in the car crash she was in? I don’t want to give her vlog views.

Can anyone tell me what happened in the car crash she was in? I don’t want to give her vlog views.
From what I remember she said they collided with another car at a crossroads. She was driving. I think she said the other party was at fault for the crash. Their car is a write-off but they (and Roxie) are OK.

Reactions: 2
She's a fantastically impressive woman - she'll tackle most reno jobs (on a budget) solo, and has made a lovely home. I love her gardening content, too.
Just followed her, she seems lovely and genuine!

Reactions: 4
What do we think the exciting day is? Photos for a new book?

Reactions: 1
Published cookbook is my best guess...
Coming out with a cookbook would be a weird time to scale back on cooking content though... My guess would be some kind of "collaboration" with a clothing or jewelry brand like the stupid sunglasses

Maybe she needs to come up with recipes for a cookbook and is banned from giving them away for free on YouTube before they’re published? No idea. I’m finding I can’t get to the end of her videos these days as they seem to go on for too long discussing nothing in particular. Those damn Vivaia shoes haunt me still. My poor shredded feet will never forgive me. 🙈