Madeleine Olivia #4 She puts the AD in Madeleine

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Argh they need to sort out the audio (I’m only watching food videos not blogs). Can hear cutlery scraping on plate, fork clanging on her teeth, toast crunching in mouth (but loud enough to be happening right in your ear).

Reactions: 1
Ugh that last video on her insta. She's soooooo boring. Ok so you ate and ate and ate. Who cares?

Also for veganuary she's shared 3 recipes, two of which are sandwiches? That's your job, supposedly, AD- eleine. That's just plain lazyness. If I compare her, SchoolNightVegan shared 14 recipe reels and tons of stories with the theme "will it bacon" for example.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Normally, I love the food videos, even if her food isn't particularly interesting, and I especially love the food videos that accompany a shopping trip. The latest one, however, I found dreadfully dull for some reason. I made it halfway through and then gave up.

Side note: Where I live, cashews and coconut oil are very expensive and don't belong in a video about budget meals. Cauliflower is much better than nuts, in my opinion, for creamy sauces. Cheaper, lower in fat, and more nutritious. Also, and this might just be me being nitpicky, but she uses far too much nutritional yeast in her cheese sauce. You really only need a couple of tablespoons with a bit of miso and some seasonings. Nutritional yeast is best when used in small quantities. Too much and it's horrendous, but we all like different things.

Reactions: 8
Side note: Where I live, cashews and coconut oil are very expensive and don't belong in a video about budget meals. Cauliflower is much better than nuts, in my opinion, for creamy sauces. Cheaper, lower in fat, and more nutritious. Also, and this might just be me being nitpicky, but she uses far too much nutritional yeast in her cheese sauce. You really only need a couple of tablespoons with a bit of miso and some seasonings. Nutritional yeast is best when used in small quantities. Too much and it's horrendous, but we all like different things.
Cauliflower where I live is expensive, cashews...sure, but not that much, and I think they are far more nutritious because of the fat, the protein and the carbs. They also make for a truly creamy sauce, unlike cauliflower, which is pretty watery. I also love nutritional yeast. All that to say, your side note really had no place here.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
As I can no longer edit my post to remove the offending paragraph, I will just say this as an explanation. When commenting on ingredients that Maddie used in her video, I was careful to clarify that I was referring to my particular area in regard to expensive ingredients. A large cauliflower costs around four dollars and I can get several meals from it. A small bag of cashews is going to run around ten dollars (and that's for the cheaper broken pieces). I might get one meal from the cashews. A lot of people with health conditions can't eat fatty foods like nuts and might appreciate seeing that cauliflower makes a good substitute. The trick to making a good sauce with cauliflower is to use the vegetable for the bulk of the sauce and don't add a lot of liquid. It's light and creamy and is a wonderful lower-fat option. And as to the nutritional yeast, I did say that everyone has different tastes. I mentioned that I like a lesser amount because I've noticed on many vegan forums that so many people have an aversion to the stuff and usually when they cut back the amount used in recipes they like it more. Again, it's just a little thing that someone might read and want to experiment with.

I always try to be careful in the wording of my posts. Maybe I could have worded my last post better. It is never my intention to cause any sort of drama or discontent. Maddie did a video about budget vegan meals. I'm a vegan who loves food and loves to talk about food. I am also a poor vegan who feeds family members with health issues. I offered a couple of suggestions based on the food in her video that I thought might be helpful. I apologize to anyone who was bothered by my post.

Reactions: 22
Cauliflowers are expensive and the head is tiny so you need to buy a good few for a decent meal

---

No need to apologise...everyone is entitled to their opinion

@TeaBiscuit please dont apologise. All opinions are valid.
Other people can accept them or scroll on without being rude or dismissive ✌

• Heart
Reactions: 19
You know she's boring when people are arguing about the creaminess of blended bleeping cauliflower 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Does Alex work?, or just sponge from her?
Maddie employs the whole family! Alex, her sister, and her mum all work for her.

I didn't know about her mum until recently, but she mentioned in a video that she helps her with recipe development. Not sure if her mum is actually on the payroll, but Alex definitely is.

• Wow
My goodness i wouldn't have thought she had enough cash in the pot for that.. her views aren't great and she's not even got 100k subs

Alex comes across a bit of a sponging gold-digger tbh

Reactions: 3
My goodness i wouldn't have thought she had enough cash in the pot for that.. her views aren't great and she's not even got 100k subs

Alex comes across a bit of a sponging gold-digger tbh
She seems to have endless cash. The house is a total money pit too.

Reactions: 5
Now i know why she's so bossy.. she wears the trousers she's in charge of the purse strings,

Alex acts like her child

Maddie employs the whole family! Alex, her sister, and her mum all work for her.

I didn't know about her mum until recently, but she mentioned in a video that she helps her with recipe development. Not sure if her mum is actually on the payroll, but Alex definitely is.
Her brother in law as well! Took over for her sister when she took maternity leave. A real "cottage" industry work for Mads...

• Wow
Reactions: 2