Madeleine Olivia #4 She puts the AD in Madeleine

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's like she's cosplaying as a fashionable bland beige influencer, but nothing fits.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
This hat from her latest try on 💀. Literally looks like a giant portobello mushroom or a paper bag whacked on top of her head. She can't even see wearing it because it sits so terribly. What's the point 🤦‍♀️
What does she look like 🤣

Reactions: 1
This hat from her latest try on 💀. Literally looks like a giant portobello mushroom or a paper bag whacked on top of her head. She can't even see wearing it because it sits so terribly. What's the point 🤦‍♀️
A mushroom & a fishing pole and she could be a gnome

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I'd probably re-film a clip if I had my fly down, especially if it's an AD (assuming it is because its Skin & Me?). The recent vlog is an undisclosed Vivaia AD, so even MORE shoes. I stopped watching after awhile because it was just another video talking about things she'd bought/ been gifted and things she wants to buy and needs recommendations for/ to be gifted.

Reactions: 6
I haven't watched, or even been tempted to watch her videos for ages and the click bait titles of late have put me off even more

Reactions: 8
In her most recent video she said she'll be cutting back on recipe videos and focusing on more lifestyle stuff - so basically we're in for a whole load of one hour videos where Maddie talks about a whole load of nothing for a whole lot of time. I don't think I've ever encountered anyone who waffles on like she does.

Also, in that video she showed a bridesmaid dress she was wearing for an upcoming wedding and it was just thrown on a chair. This after her cats ruined her own bridesmaid dresses. She's so careless!

Reactions: 9
In her most recent video she said she'll be cutting back on recipe videos and focusing on more lifestyle stuff - so basically we're in for a whole load of one hour videos where Maddie talks about a whole load of nothing for a whole lot of time. I don't think I've ever encountered anyone who waffles on like she does.

Also, in that video she showed a bridesmaid dress she was wearing for an upcoming wedding and it was just thrown on a chair. This after her cats ruined her own bridesmaid dresses. She's so careless!
Oh , the recipe ones were the only bearable videos, damn!

Reactions: 4
Oh , the recipe ones were the only bearable videos, damn!
Yeah, I mostly watch her for her food content - but I think she said those videos get the lowest views. She said she'll still upload food content just not as much or will maybe post on IG or as Shorts on YT.

Reactions: 2
Yeah, I mostly watch her for her food content - but I think she said those videos get the lowest views. She said she'll still upload food content just not as much or will maybe post on IG or as Shorts on YT.
The reno series had more views yes (2 years ago when a) reno content was at its most popular with lockdowns, and b) she wasn't yet high on shopping sprees and useless tat) but her lifestyle videos do really badly compared with her subscriber numbers - she has 559k, and gets 23k to 45k views on those while her budget vegan recipe video still pulled in 68k this year and the veganuary vid did 95k in January.

So that's simply not true for her most recent vids. She just wants to shop and spend, because it's little effort compared to a proper food video and probably makes her feel good for a minute.

Reactions: 8
I've said this before but... what exactly is Maddie's unique selling point now? She's dropped the minimalism and decluttering. She's dropped the zero waste lifestyle. She's dropped the veganism (promoting "recycled" wool and silk isn't vegan). She's now said she's dropping the recipe videos.

There's nothing about her content that is unique or original. It's just typical influencer trash: shop, promote, declutter, repeat.

If her "big project" is another book about "living simply" I will scream. there's nothing about her life that is slow or sustainable or simple. it's pure consumerism. it's not like she's even doing thrifting hauls. all her stuff is brand new! she's still accepting every pr gift that's thrown at her.

even big beauty influencers who don't even care about environmental issues have said they're refusing pr packages because it's wasteful! yet maddie, someone who claims she "lives sustainably" is continuing to accept every pr gift she can get her grubby hands on. and now she's shopping every week and basically making haul videos.

are there any content creators who actually stick to their princicples?

Reactions: 11
So that's simply not true for her most recent vids. She just wants to shop and spend, because it's little effort compared to a proper food video and probably makes her feel good for a minute.
I didn't check the numbers - but this makes sense!

Reactions: 2
are there any content creators who actually stick to their princicples?
The only person I can say truly fits into that category (that I follow obviously) is Catherine/Dainty Dress Diaries.

Reactions: 4
How can she tell what's popular and what isn't? Most of the videos just have a bit of everything thrown in. You think it's a haul, but it's a weekly vlog. You think it's a renovation video but it's an AD and an antiques haul. You think it's an update about being in a car accident but it's a shoe AD. Nothing is clearly titled any more and most videos are just an hour of waffle.

Reactions: 9
The only person I can say truly fits into that category (that I follow obviously) is Catherine/Dainty Dress Diaries.
I agree, Dainty's true to her roots and always so watchable. No ridiculous hauls, no blatant consumerism, no ridiculous advice, just honest and normal, she's my favourite.

Reactions: 7
I agree, Dainty's true to her roots and always so watchable. No ridiculous hauls, no blatant consumerism, no ridiculous advice, just honest and normal, she's my favourite.
She's a fantastically impressive woman - she'll tackle most reno jobs (on a budget) solo, and has made a lovely home. I love her gardening content, too.

Reactions: 3