Madeleine Olivia #4 She puts the AD in Madeleine

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Noticed that her clickbait title of “my secret project” mustn’t have been pulling people in enough and the title has now been changed to “my big secret”.

It’s obvious from the clickbait titles she’s pretty much always using that her videos mustn’t be doing that well on their own so she has to lure people. She’s got 558K subscribers but her videos reach around 40K views max. Probably doesn’t help she posts long videos where she spends half of it standing rambling or she doesn’t even get to the point of the video/ says she can’t say what it is and people have wasted their time watching, it puts people off wanting to watch her videos.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Noticed that her clickbait title of “my secret project” mustn’t have been pulling people in enough and the title has now been changed to “my big secret”.

It’s obvious from the clickbait titles she’s pretty much always using that her videos mustn’t be doing that well on their own so she has to lure people. She’s got 558K subscribers but her videos reach around 40K views max. Probably doesn’t help she posts long videos where she spends half of it standing rambling or she doesn’t even get to the point of the video/ says she can’t say what it is and people have wasted their time watching, it puts people off wanting to watch her videos.
When youtubers clickbait I tend to avoid clicking on future videos, so really she's harming her viewer engagement if she keeps this up. It also pisses me off that she phrases each clickbait title as though it could be pregnancy news and then it actually turns out to be she had a PR package arrive or she she had a cold or something. I always come here first when she posts to get the gist of whether it's one to watch. After checking here I only really watch/listen to her now if I'm cleaning the house and my phone autoplays videos from my subscription box.

Reactions: 6
I wish to thank Maddie. Why? Why would you do that? I hear noone cry. Well the reason is this...I've been suffering from insomnia of late and to cure it I've discovered that if I put on one of her interminably long videos I fall asleep. Honest to god it's a miracle ...zzzzzz

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Nobody uses clickbait online anymore other than tabloid newspapers, scam ads, and terrible YouTube creators.

It's an old technique that doesn't work for longevity and by using it, Maddie is tanking her engagement.

Like others have said, I don't watch her videos anymore. I might skim through one but I'm certainly not watching over an hour of her babbling on about nothing only to find out she's lied in the video title!

Reactions: 8
Hi everyone! Posting here for the first time :)

I've watched the latest vlog and I don't think it's a book, it would be too obvious and she sais things like "I could never even imagine something like this to happen to me", and I suppose she did dream a lot about having her own cookbook printed. Maybe it's a big partnership with a brand like Waitrose, as someone suggested here earlier, idk. Remember how she made the whole HUGE deal about a life-changing work project that turned out to be a pair of ridiculous sunglasses that she did with some brand? So I don't have high hopes for this one either.

It all makes me so sad. I used to love her cooking videos and her vlogs when she lives in Brighton, and even earlier, in a guest house with her parents. I still use her formula for curry mix and I love it.

But now it is all just PR-unpacking, and buying, and hoarding, and more buying, and saying things like "shopping for beauty products is so confusing, I sometimes forget to filter brands that are both cruelty free and vegan". I mean come on :(

Reactions: 15
Nobody uses clickbait online anymore other than tabloid newspapers, scam ads, and terrible YouTube creators.

It's an old technique that doesn't work for longevity and by using it, Maddie is tanking her engagement.

Like others have said, I don't watch her videos anymore. I might skim through one but I'm certainly not watching over an hour of her babbling on about nothing only to find out she's lied in the video title!
I'm honestly so thankful for the clickbait videos, I usually hate watch her stuff but I refuse to click on something with a scammy title so I've finally stopped watching her.

• Haha
the latest video 'I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS HAPPENED :(' - the thumbnail is soooooo ridiculous

It’s nuts to drive away your audience by chasing short term clicks this way.
Maybe she needs to hit a certain level of engagement to secure a particular deal and she is banking on it being worth it & being able to stem the loss before it gets too bad? Otherwise I am baffled why you would push the self destruct button to this extent.

Attachments

Reactions: 12
It’s nuts to drive away your audience by chasing short term clicks this way.
Maybe she needs to hit a certain level of engagement to secure a particular deal and she is banking on it being worth it & being able to stem the loss before it gets too bad? Otherwise I am baffled why you would push the self destruct button to this extent.
right? who even is her audience anymore? she's using old internet tactics that don't work and haven't been relevant for years. her engagement is going to tank. she's not-so-subtly stepped away from minimalism, sustainability, and veganism when she should have made a giant leap into a new audience. it's going to hit hard when she loses it all.

Reactions: 5
I honestly don't want to click on that nonsense of a video title. Has anyone already watched it? What's so unbelievable happened?

Reactions: 2
Yeah, the unbelievable thing that happened was her phone being stolen. She rambled on and on and on about it for a good twenty minutes!

Reactions: 7
I've unsubscribed. I've not watched anything for months now and I can't stand the sad, desperate click bait titles of the videos any more

Reactions: 7