Madeleine Olivia #2 Sustainability is so 2018, Buy my affiliates if you want to be green!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I started the new video but I don't really enjoy watching her eating at the camera or grinning at herself.

Reactions: 4
I watched it.
1. She's been to the gym like seven of the last eight days but she's totally ~listening to her body~ this time
2. She's going to try integrative therapy instead of pure CBT
3. She packed for their weekend in the Cotswolds and she's bringing pink linen pajamas so she can feel fancy for her birthday

Aaaaand genuinely that's all I can remember. It was a fine vlog for playing while I'm cooking dinner, something to vaguely listen to but nothing really happens so it's fine if my back is turned half the time

• Haha
I just watched her instagram stories from the Cotsworlds trip and all I kept thinking was "this is house you house could have looked, Maddie." everyhting was upcycled/recycled second-hand furniture. not all of it was to my taste but the place had so much character and looked beautiful. that's what sustainable home renovations look like! not buying everything new and replacing things that don't need replacing.

Reactions: 6
Agree. She put on quite alot of weight around 2020 (as did Alex) and has struggled with it. Think she got alot of 'omg are you pregnant?' comments at the time which (understandably) upset her. As you say, it's probably the combination of processed food, regular drinking habits and her 'all or nothing' attitude to exercise.
idk when exactly it was but when I met her at her book launch she was rather large then. I remember because she was wearing a very lovely burgundy red velvet dress but it did make her look like she was wearing a tent.. so wondering just how much more she put on in 2020.. because at her book launch we hadn't the explanation of the pandemic pounds

Reactions: 1
idk when exactly it was but when I met her at her book launch she was rather large then. I remember because she was wearing a very lovely burgundy red velvet dress but it did make her look like she was wearing a tent.. so wondering just how much more she put on in 2020.. because at her book launch we hadn't the explanation of the pandemic pounds
it's quite easyto hide weight gain in photos and even videos with good angles and lighting, etc. it's only when you see these influencers in person or filmed/photographed by someone else that you realise how much larger they really are

I started the new video but I don't really enjoy watching her eating at the camera or grinning at herself.
Me in a nutshell. 🤣 I actually finished it, but I can't say I really enjoyed it. 🥴
All she does is show unhealthy vegan food stuff (how much tofu and vegan cheese can a person eat on a daily basis? But then again, tofu and vegan cheese are my least favorite vegan food items) and say that she has to film stuff for tik tok. Yay.
Also, some person on the internet taught her that you can put chia and hemp seeds from the packages into a glass jar, because then it will not be a mess every time. :rolleyes: The way she poured it into the glass made no sense though and now she has hemp seeds on the bottom and at the top, while the chia seeds are in the middle. 🤦‍♀️Why not use two small mason jars, one for the hemp seeds and the other for the chia seeds?
The lengthy talk about which clothes she'll bring to her birthday weekend (and why) was not really needed.

Reactions: 3
Me in a nutshell. 🤣 I actually finished it, but I can't say I really enjoyed it. 🥴
All she does is show unhealthy vegan food stuff (how much tofu and vegan cheese can a person eat on a daily basis? But then again, tofu and vegan cheese are my least favorite vegan food items) and say that she has to film stuff for tik tok. Yay.
Also, some person on the internet taught her that you can put chia and hemp seeds from the packages into a glass jar, because then it will not be a mess every time. :rolleyes: The way she poured it into the glass made no sense though and now she has hemp seeds on the bottom and at the top, while the chia seeds are in the middle. 🤦‍♀️Why not use two small mason jars, one for the hemp seeds and the other for the chia seeds?
The lengthy talk about which clothes she'll bring to her birthday weekend (and why) was not really needed.
tofu isn't unhealthy though. it's all the packaged foods she eats that irritate me. she has that massive kitchen and she chooses to buy heavily processed vegan foods.

oh no, tofu is really healthy! it contains a lot of protein and all the essential amino acids your body needs (meaning a whole protein), it's provides fats, carbs and certain vitamins and minerals. it's literally soy beans, water and a microbial rennet. in the EU if you buy bio tofu the soy comes from europe or canada, so it's not bad for the environment either. a lot of them use rain water and/or have found ways to re-use water. and no chemicals needed either as it's bio.

Reactions: 8
Why do you think tofu is "unhealthy"? It's a versatile staple made with a small amount of ingredients (3!). Tofu also isn't solely eaten by vegans.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Lol noticed she bought spread without palm oil. The way she was promoting it before Christmas, I thought she would be buying products with just palm oil seeing how much she pushed it on her subscribers
Waffles more than the freezers in Iceland!!!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
oh no, tofu is really healthy! it contains a lot of protein and all the essential amino acids your body needs (meaning a whole protein), it's provides fats, carbs and certain vitamins and minerals. it's literally soy beans, water and a microbial rennet. in the EU if you buy bio tofu the soy comes from europe or canada, so it's not bad for the environment either. a lot of them use rain water and/or have found ways to re-use water. and no chemicals needed either as it's bio.
Oh thank god. Literally have 6 packs of tofu in my fridge right now 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Oh thank god. Literally have 6 packs of tofu in my fridge right now 😂
I say go wild. I eat tons of tofu, nothing wrong with it! And nothing wrong with soy either*, that's a total lie and misconception fueled by the meat and dairy industry (n)

*in normal portions, of course, but that goes without saying for anything food related ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Screenshot_20220127-100737.png

And there we have it. She's admitted to eating dairy. I get not wanting to waste food but vegans don't eat animal products, period.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
View attachment 1019943

And there we have it. She's admitted to eating dairy. I get not wanting to waste food but vegans don't eat animal products, period.
She’s not vegan then if she’s prepared to do that and is precisely why I don’t claim to be vegan. Sheesh Maddie, it’s all coming out now. Stick that on your whingsta stories and smoke it!

Reactions: 5
View attachment 1019943

I think it's pretty harsh to judge her for that. It happened to me too, they added the bloody Parmesan to the Arrabiata in the kitchen before it got served. So would I throw away the whole pasta? No. Would I remove everything as far as possible? Yes. It can be incredibly difficult to find vegan options in locations where it isn't mainstream yet, too. This happened on a holiday in Croatia.

I personally really dislike this purity mindset that some Vegans seem to have, see the huge outcry when Julien, Jenna Marbles' boyfriend accidentally bought marshmallow fluff that wasn't vegan. It happens to the best of us. Best we can do is be more mindful. But it's impossible to be perfect.

And the philosophy of veganism, is, after all, "a way of living which seeks to exclude, as far as possible and practical, all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing, or any other purpose."

I personally think she can't call herself vegan because she's embraced consumerism! For me is that totally at odds with a vegan lifestlye. She isn't not a vegan because she might have accidentally consumed an animal product.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think it's pretty harsh to judge her for that. It happened to me too, they added the bloody Parmesan to the Arrabiata in the kitchen before it got served. So would I throw away the whole pasta? No. Would I remove everything as far as possible? Yes. It can be incredibly difficult to find vegan options in locations where it isn't mainstream yet, too. This happened on a holiday in Croatia.

I personally really dislike this purity mindset that some Vegans seem to have, see the huge outcry when Julien, Jenna Marbles' boyfriend accidentally bought marshmallow fluff that wasn't vegan. It happens to the best of us. Best we can do is be more mindful. But it's impossible to be perfect.

And the philosophy of veganism, is, after all, "a way of living which seeks to exclude, as far as possible and practical, all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing, or any other purpose."

I personally think she can't call herself vegan because she's embraced consumerism! For me is that totally at odds with a vegan lifestlye. She isn't not a vegan because she might have accidentally consumed an animal product.
She didn't accidentally consume animal products. She ate it on purpose. Vegans don't see animals as food, period. The purity argument is bullshit and a way for people to justify not following the ethical beliefs of veganism. It's not a diet that you cheat on.

I'm not a vegan or veggie anymore, so not gonna judge if someone eats meat or dairy. However if a restaurant is sending out food that you didn't order, I'd be more concerned from an allergy perspective- people have died/ been paralysed from having things added to their meals that they were unaware of, so I would be wary of restaurants that do this.

Reactions: 13
She didn't accidentally consume animal products. She ate it on purpose. Vegans don't see animals as food, period. The purity argument is bullshit and a way for people to justify not following the ethical beliefs of veganism. It's not a diet that you cheat on.
Sure, I agree. I don't go out and order the fish or the Carbonara and then pretend I accidentally ate something non vegan.

But that's not what she's saying is it? I don't know where in her post you got the the idea from that she consciously ordered a non vegan option? To me it sounds similar to the scenario I had. They added cheese on a dish that is usually vegan, and instead of sending it back where it would go to waste, she ate it. We do not know if she removed as much of the cheese as possible or whatever. I guess it's a difference in perspective. For me it would be worse sending something back and having contributed to food waste than removing the parmesan, although imperfectly, and eating the rest.

I'm not a vegan or veggie anymore, so not gonna judge if someone eats meat or dairy. However if a restaurant is sending out food that you didn't order, I'd be more concerned from an allergy perspective- people have died/ been paralysed from having things added to their meals that they were unaware of, so I would be wary of restaurants that do this.
That's where the new letter system the EU implemented is a godsent. They have to do that in restaurants here, too. So easy to see if there's fish, eggs or dairy in a product! I only wish they'd added meat, too, but since it's not an "allergen" it's not on the list.

Reactions: 5

It's not "purity" though, there are clear boundaries and definitions. I think anyone who has been vegan for a long time can understand that there was a period where nothing was labelled and food places were quite ignorant over things like cross contamination, but times have changed, especially with the awareness of the importance of labeling food for allergies. And if they haven't, then it's back to basics to avoid such slip ups, such as avoiding eating out in non vegan places or making it clear to the staff to not include animals.. If you receive something that contains animals, then return it. It's nothing about "food waste" it's about not seeing animals as food, a basic moral value. If you had an allergy to dairy you wouldn't just suck it up to be polite and not want to waste food (or at least people should be empowered to live by their ethical values to not compromise them and equipped with the knowledge how to do so without being a twit).

Your comment about consumerism to me highlights how the term veganism is moving away from it's animal rights definition. Veganism can have health benefits and benefits to the environment (such as plastic waste in the sea being from the fishing industry), but it's not the crux. Buying so much stuff, so much plastic wrapped things isn't cool, but she's still vegan for the basis that she doesn't consume animals for animal rights reasons (unless she now identifies otherwise idk).

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.