Madeleine Olivia #2 Sustainability is so 2018, Buy my affiliates if you want to be green!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree about taking her for walks but it I don't think a harness that's been chewed counts as neglect. It it were my dog I'd replace it if I saw a nice one while I was out shopping or something but I wouldn't be rushing straight out the door to get a new one. I doubt Roxie cares about the condition of her harness but I bet she'd love a few more walks.

Reactions: 5
I agree about taking her for walks but it I don't think a harness that's been chewed counts as neglect. It it were my dog I'd replace it if I saw a nice one while I was out shopping or something but I wouldn't be rushing straight out the door to get a new one. I doubt Roxie cares about the condition of her harness but I bet she'd love a few more walks.
I understand what you are saying but it's the things adding up. It's definitely neglect in this case.

I understand what you are saying but it's the things adding up. It's definitely neglect in this case.
The lack of walks and the weight that Roxie has put on are a lot more worrying but I see what you mean about it being part of a pattern. Maybe I'm just scruffy but the harness wouldn't bother me unless it was on the point of ripping!

Reactions: 3
Maybe I'm just scruffy but the harness wouldn't bother me unless it was on the point of ripping!
Babe, same. It’s not very minimalist to replace something that’s scruffy but perfectly useable. That photo looks as if the upper decorative layer of fabric has torn, but not the black piece underneath

Reactions: 7
Maybe she’s waiting for a freebie 🙄 It’s no good being minimalist with your dogs harness when you aren’t with anything else these days, Maddie. Get her a new one you tight git!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Babe, same. It’s not very minimalist to replace something that’s scruffy but perfectly useable. That photo looks as if the upper decorative layer of fabric has torn, but not the black piece underneath
But she's not minimalist, at all and in any shape or form. Like MarthaFarkus said, it's no good being minimalist with your dog when you aren't with anything else in your life these days. Roxie is an afterthought and that is bothersome. I guess she's minimalist in paying in attention to Roxie :(

Maybe because I see my pets like children I'm very hyperconscious of the state of animals and how people take care of them.

But to me, if I saw a child out in public wearing clothes in the same state as Roxy, I'd consider it child neglect.

Just because the kid's t-shirt is still mainly covering their chest or their trousers are still covering their butt doesn't mean they should go around wearing torn and ragged clothing.

Torn and ragged clothing may technically be doing the job they're supposed to do - they're still covering the child up, but not caring that your child has worn and ripped clothing says a lot about the parent. Being eco-conscious doesn't mean wearing clothes until they physically drop off your body because they're so threadbare. It's not admirable, it's neglectful.

• Heart
I think there are lots of things to complain about with Maddie that are valid but I think she loves and cares for her pets. A slightly torn but still useful harness is not a sign that she's neglectful. I'm pretty sure that Roxie is getting lots of walks and they also have a huge garden for her to run around in so she will be getting enough exercise.

Reactions: 10
IDK about the harness, I have some pretty nasty ones at home that are NOT in great visual shape. They're safe, but they have been used so much that the colour has faded, they are smelly (washing them doesn't get the smell out. Believe me, I've tried.), etc. Funnily enough I also have some almost new ones I never use because they are not safe! They either don't fit right or are too easy for her to get herself out of. Just like my parents had some play clothing for us as children, I have the same for my doggo and I. And that's not because I don't care about her, but because I don't see a reason to replace a perfectly good harness that might just be ugly as sin.

Reactions: 4
I think there are lots of things to complain about with Maddie that are valid but I think she loves and cares for her pets. A slightly torn but still useful harness is not a sign that she's neglectful. I'm pretty sure that Roxie is getting lots of walks and they also have a huge garden for her to run around in so she will be getting enough exercise.
No, she has said herself that Roxie hasn't been getting many walks at all, that's part of the issue.

I'm with HilaQueen on this one. I see pets as my family members, that's why I am critical of it. I don't think it's in Roxie's best interest to under-walk her and over-feed her. The harnass I understand not everybody is feeling the same, but it's ill-fitting too because Roxie gained so much weight. You can not look at her and not see neglect. Neglecting your pet does mean you don't love them or care about them. It means Maddie puts herself and her house first and Roxie last on her list and it's showing. Roxie is the kind of breed that needs to be more slender, they used to be hunting dogs, they require a lot of walking and running to be in their best shape. It's great they have a big garden but that's not always enough.

Maybe because I see my pets like children I'm very hyperconscious of the state of animals and how people take care of them.

But to me, if I saw a child out in public wearing clothes in the same state as Roxy, I'd consider it child neglect.

Just because the kid's t-shirt is still mainly covering their chest or their trousers are still covering their butt doesn't mean they should go around wearing torn and ragged clothing.

Torn and ragged clothing may technically be doing the job they're supposed to do - they're still covering the child up, but not caring that your child has worn and ripped clothing says a lot about the parent. Being eco-conscious doesn't mean wearing clothes until they physically drop off your body because they're so threadbare. It's not admirable, it's neglectful.
I completely agree with the points about Roxie’s weights but on the harness, this isn’t a fair comparison. As far as we can tell it is doing a functional job, albeit with a frayed upper. It isn’t tantamount to child neglect.

Reactions: 4
Are any of Madeleine’s items of clothing as ripped and worn? Not that I’ve seen. Would she be happy if her sofa or an armchair etc was in such a worn state? I doubt it.
The state of the dog harness isn’t a call RSPCA situation by a long shot, and I don’t think it’s that big a deal, it’s just noteworthy by comparison. And ties in with how keen Madeleine seems to spend a lot of money on her own well being and appearance (Invisalign, personal training sessions etc etc etc) and not a dog walker for the clearly overweight dog.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m not bothered about the harness as long as it’s safe but if Maddie isn’t giving Roxie enough walks that is sad. I know they have a big garden but most dogs I know don’t exercise themselves even if they have space. I have a working breed and if I let him in the garden he has a sniff round then asks to come back inside. He needs my input to get exercise which means taking him on walks.
I do think Maddie adores her animals so i don’t think it’s a lack of love, maybe there are other reasons she doesn’t walk Rosie so often now.

Maybe I'm wrong (and Roxie has definitely gotten chunkier) but I thought she said that Alex has been doing the walking instead of her, not that Roxie hasn't been walked

Re her newest video. I cant stand the noise of folk chewing and eating in the mic. Makes me very uncomfortable

Good harness or bad harness, at least they have adopted Roxie. Fed up with influencers going “we wish we could adopt, but we couldn’t, so here is our ££££ kitten/puppie”.

Reactions: 10
Good harness or bad harness, at least they have adopted Roxie. Fed up with influencers going “we wish we could adopt, but we couldn’t, so here is our ££££ kitten/puppie”.
Agreed. Also, I think Roxie being extremely overweight is something they should genuinely concerned about rather than a tatty harness. Especially with her health issues.

For someone who wrote a cook book, her recipes today were basic. A 13 yr old could have come up with that. Noticed she didn't bring out her £400 Tefal she was gifted and tried to flog to her subscribers when she made soup. That oasta dish looked like it was topped with dirt.🙈
Also... does she look pregnant? Loose clothes and a round tummy in her apron 🤔

Reactions: 2
Agreed. Also, I think Roxie being extremely overweight is something they should genuinely concerned about rather than a tatty harness. Especially with her health issues.
I genuinely can't listen to all of Maddie's chat, she just goes on and on so I must have missed it, but do you know what health issues Roxie has? Tia 😊

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.