Madeleine Olivia #2 Sustainability is so 2018, Buy my affiliates if you want to be green!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's a bit grim that she hangs out in her sweaty gym clothes all afternoon, especially after smothering her hair in oil before going. Most people want to get home and have a wash but Maddie does a food shop, makes a roast dinner, has a hot chocolate....

Reactions: 4
It's a bit grim that she hangs out in her sweaty gym clothes all afternoon, especially after smothering her hair in oil before going. Most people want to get home and have a wash but Maddie does a food shop, makes a roast dinner, has a hot chocolate....
I know right!!!! Plus she had her "seammistress's" dogs muddy paws all over her!
Also, if she gonna waggle her hands all over the screen, least clean your fecking nails. I was like staring at them like I was hypnotized!!!😳😳😳😳😳😳

• Sick
I don't think she's coming across very well in recent videos, or was she always like this and I never noticed before!? I stopped watching at the point where they were fantasising about being land owners while swinging a bag of poo.

The comments about her not liking McDonalds because her parents always made her delicious meals sounded a bit.... snobby?

Also, the part where she was saying if Alex had a house he'd probably do it like this.... Alex HAS a house with you! As others have said, her house could have looked like the one she's gushing over if she'd taken her time and looked for second hand bits rather than rushing everything.

Apparently freaking out at Alex forgetting a bar of chocolate when he's bought her a cake big enough to feed about ten people :cautious:
I came here after watching that video thinking the same. The McDonalds comment about not liking it much growing up because her parents made delicious food is really narrow minded, like what, everyone else enjoying their happy meals were fed gruel at home?! I don’t usually find her THAT annoying but she seemed more full of herself in that blog, maybe the excitement and cake!

I had a similar reaction to her comments about not wanting to be like tourists in Bourton-on-the-Water 🙄. I don’t think she helps herself with the tendency to over-explain everything either; she said something like ‘if you are from America, or Europe, it would be a good thing to do’ and I’m thinking a) the concept of authentic travel experiences is not something you just made up yourself Maddie and b) tourists can come here from non-Western places too!

Reactions: 10
I came here after watching that video thinking the same. The McDonalds comment about not liking it much growing up because her parents made delicious food is really narrow minded, like what, everyone else enjoying their happy meals were fed gruel at home?!
Weird because she seems to go apeshit over any new vegan fast food item that comes out. She'd be first in line if mcdonalds came out with a vegan burger. Not judging but as a vegan I don't get why other vegans hype so much over things like burger king/KFC vegan options if you have access to some 100% vegan restaurants.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I can't stand the way she uses her social media to attack any business or tradesperson when she doesn't get what she wants. It's so petty and vindictive and really shows up her inability to clearly communicate and work with people/negotiate to resolve the problem. If Miss-Entitled-witch doesn't get her way she just slags them off on insta or her vlogs. So nasty! Currently she's bitching about her 'seamstress' - what a horrible way to treat someone who has probably spent a lot of time on those curtains and is more than likely struggling with the fact that she either hasn't been given good instructions, or that Madeleine is being ridiculously picky over the most minor of details that don't even matter.

I also suffered through parts of the birthday vlog while cleaning the kitchen and what a bloody nightmare she is. Moan moan moan. Terrible free music soundtrack, food obsession and food aggression. Waddling around the Cotswalds like a 60 year old schoolteacher and mooing and braying the word "lovely" every 10 seconds. The end bit where she was mashing a vegan KFC into her pie-hole and then SCREAMED at Alex because he was about the pour the sauce over his chicken nuggies was disturbing. If my partner screamed at me like that I'd boot him out of the bloody car. 🤣

Reactions: 13
Weird because she seems to go apeshit over any new vegan fast food item that comes out. She'd be first in line if mcdonalds came out with a vegan burger. Not judging but as a vegan I don't get why other vegans hype so much over things like burger king/KFC vegan options if you have access to some 100% vegan restaurants.
Haha McDonalds did just release their vegan burger! It's always nice to have convenient options when you can't get to a fully vegan restaurant :)

Reactions: 6
I find the video titles ‘our cottage in the Cotswolds’ to be such entitled clickbait. Like very deliberately giving the impression they have another house. Tanya burr used to do it and it pissed me off so much ‘OUR LA HOME TOUR’ when it’s a holiday rental. It feels like so much of their life is not for their own benefit or enjoyment it’s for the benefit of YouTube /social media. It’s so sad. Just an endless pursuit of a perfectly curated life, it’s not realistic.

Reactions: 13
She's shilling wine now according to IG..
Wtf?! Who is her target audience at this point? Do young people even drink wine? Feels like she's trying to be a 'Waitrose' middle class foodie blogger.

It just seems sad the amount she preached about the benefits of no longer drinking and now it seems to be a big part of her life. I'd hazard a guess she drinks as a coping strategy for her mental health issues. Not a great advert, as physically and mentally she seemed much healthier when she wasn't drinking.

Reactions: 6
Wine is a bit of a risky advert to take as an influencer because you can impress upon followers.

Reactions: 5
Wine is a bit of a risky advert to take as an influencer because you can impress upon followers.
I totally agree, she couldn't care any less, the money is all she's about.
(Vegan) Junk food and alcohol sponsorship seems to be her main source of income at this point.

Reactions: 7
I'm surprised influencers are even allowed to advertise alcohol. I thought there were very strict rules on alcohol advertising. I think it's irresponsible to advertise alcohol. Also, she mentions dry January in the advert so I thought it was an alcohol free wine, initially so it's misleading

Reactions: 11
I don't follow Maddie super closely anymore but I thought she stopped drinking altogether? She's doing ads for alcohol now?

Reactions: 3
Weird on IG she posted on 5th Jan that the McPlant burger (wonder where that is from 🤭) was her fav. The way she stuffed it in her mouth was like watching something she should be doing in a quiet and private place without hundreds of innocent eyes watching. I want to wash mine in bleach now!🙄

• Haha
I'm surprised influencers are even allowed to advertise alcohol. I thought there were very strict rules on alcohol advertising. I think it's irresponsible to advertise alcohol. Also, she mentions dry January in the advert so I thought it was an alcohol free wine, initially so it's misleading
Same, promoting alcohol doesn't sit well with me. If someone wants to drink, fine. But to advertise it with 'limited addition offers' and bs 'this sold out, grab your chance to buy!' pressure selling is gross imo.

what's the point of doing dry January if you're just going to continue drinking like you were before as soon as February starts?!

Reactions: 11
Same, promoting alcohol doesn't sit well with me. If someone wants to drink, fine. But to advertise it with 'limited addition offers' and bs 'this sold out, grab your chance to buy!' pressure selling is gross imo.

what's the point of doing dry January if you're just going to continue drinking like you were before as soon as February starts?!
To give your liver a rest?

Reactions: 2
There would be no challenge doing dry Jan unless you were a regular drinker and I don't think you'd do it unless you felt that drinking was negatively impacting your life.
If you're able to go a whole month without drinking, surely that's a great incentive to realise you're capable of changing your habits and cutting down- especially if you notice heath benefits. But she's always been an all or nothing personality from what I can see.

Reactions: 5
As an influencer she could advertise almost anything but choosing to do an alcohol one does seem odd.

If you need to give your liver a rest you are drinking too much, surely?
I think most drinkers have a bit too much over the Christmas period, nothing wrong with giving your liver a rest after the festivites and getting into a healthy mindset.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.