Madeleine Olivia #2 Sustainability is so 2018, Buy my affiliates if you want to be green!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She is so dull nobody could be bothered to start a new thread (I do not know how)!
There’s been 54 pages of the last thread and honestly I struggle to think about anything that’s really happened:

- boring Reno’s
- crappy sunglasses
- unflattering 1800s maid dresses
- doing every ad that comes her way regardless of morals
- somethings happened which she doesn’t want to talk about that seems to be in Alex’s family
- more excuses for not posting when something happens morning of post date even though she should be done editing by then

oh and in case anyone didn’t know she’s bought a Georgian country home which she is sucking the originality and individuality out of. But just so you know it’s a Georgian country home. In Cornwall. So a Cornish Georgian country home. It’s Georgian. And a country home, built in Georgian times.

just looked at her Cornish cottage page and she’s ruined the kitchen. The counters don’t work with the house it’s modern quartz that looks cheap, and she’s just filled it with cabinets for no real reason (in my opinion) that block the light and make a huge kitchen dining look claustrophobic and cluttered and the pointing on the fireplace looks horrific (in my opinion I actually don’t really know anything about pointing so maybe it’s supposed to look like that)

I'm writing a summary and will post when I'm done :)
Sorry had already finished when you posted this, but have 100% missed a lot

• Heart
Reactions: 17
@Seven of Nine covered it I think, but here's mine!

At the start of the year Maddie and Alex moved into their new Georgian home. This was announced in a classic smug 'We've been keeping a secret...' Youtube video. Maddie disclosed that they had previously only been considering houses with two living rooms and it's been downhill from there really. The new home can never just be called a house and must always be referred to as a Georgian Home or Period Home or Georgian Farmhouse or some other wanky title. The gorgeous Wisteria also gets mentioned constantly.

They insisted that they love their new house and it's perfect, they then proceeded to make lots of big changes, like installing a new kitchen. Even though they managed with their cornish cottage kitchen for years, Maddie apparently needs a brand new huge kitchen for her job. They have a fridge and freezer big enough for a family of four (to fit inside) and have installed some huge cupboards that make the room feel nice and closed in. Oh and they have an Aga, which are known for being environmentally friendly.

Content wise, there has been a lack of food videos or any other non sponsored sit down video, and instead we've been treated to weekly vlog videos which mainly focus on Maddie repeating herself whinging about the beams in the kitchen while wandering around in huge tent dresses. These videos are part renovation update, part weekly vlog, often include a haul/ sponsored content and the branding of them is generally a mess. All videos now start with a 'highlight reel' which often includes someone laughing at a dog or Maddie telling us how great a brand is. She also uploads plenty of ADs, usually to Instagram. Youtube videos now heavily feature plinky plonky piano music and mimic 'slow living' style videos, even though they're not. There are three of them working on this content from their office in the garden of their Georgian Period Home.

Sustainability has gone out of the window since moving house and Maddie has recently purchased a new Apple Mac, replaced all their bedroom furniture, bought brand new furniture for their spare room, a new kitchen, a hot tub, plenty of new clothing and loads of plastic netting for their back garden which will be extra enjoyable for the local wildlife. They have also discussed getting a second car.

Maddie posted about there being some big scary changes, as far as we can deduce this was in relation to her leaving her management company. Speaking of work, 18 months into the pandemic Maddie gave us all the top advice to try setting up a separate workspace if we're struggling to focus at home. She also gave us a helpful video of her decluttering her tea cupboard, which was very insightful.

The house has had lots of problems which was the perfect opportunity for Maddie to publicly complain about every tradesman she's working with. She then wonders why no one wants to prioritise working with her. There was also a video on Instagram addressing 'haters' which seems to be directed here, but plenty of other comments have picked up on her lifestyle changes and apparent change of ethics.

Perhaps the only thing that has stayed the same is Maddie's constant flicking her hair around, touching her hair and refusal to tie up her hair when making food. Side note, if anyone finds a strand in their food it's likely to taste of whichever shampoo brand is sponsoring her that week.

They are now planning their wedding and Maddie has already been to see one venue without the groom, which is perfectly normal and fine. Everyone can't wait to see how sustainable the wedding is.

TLDR: Sustainability? We don't know her.

ETA I forgot to mention the sunglasses collaboration :eek:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Fantastic recap! And thanks for choosing my title! 🤣🙌

Just had a check of her insta, get the feeling her latest post is a bit fishing for sympathy and desperately wanting attention. 'Heres a photo of me in full make up... Look how sad I am... I can't tell you why. Ok, we went to a funeral... But I can't tell you who...'

It's obviously someone on Alex's side who she was not terribly close to (hence posting all the 'yummy' food she had on the drive up 🙄) Is there anything she won't make about herself?!

Reactions: 9
Fantastic recap! And thanks for choosing my title! 🤣🙌

Just had a check of her insta, get the feeling her latest post is a bit fishing for sympathy and desperately wanting attention. 'Heres a photo of me in full make up... Look how sad I am... I can't tell you why. Ok, we went to a funeral... But I can't tell you who...'

It's obviously someone on Alex's side who she was not terribly close to (hence posting all the 'yummy' food she had on the drive up 🙄) Is there anything she won't make about herself?!
That one has been deleted now.

Reactions: 1
Excellent recap, I never realised tattle existed until madde replied to a comment telling a troll to get back under their bridge (since deleted) then I found this place. I used to like watching her vids and they did up their old house really nicely I thought. Anyway when they got the new Georgian house that was perfect I was looking forward to some decorating videos but not the constant moaning and feeling so hard done by.. The fact that they have a fab big kitchen, cosy sitting room and I've actually forgotten how many bedrooms, plus a separate office, plus a garage and they want to extend, aghh it makes me wonder why they bought the place! The final straw for me was her video about how hard she worked(with Alex and an assistant) and I just laughed, is that what she thinks work is??? after I was done rolling my eyes.. I unsubbed after that and enjoy checking in here to see what antics she's up to. Sorry for the long post, she really does irritate me!!

Reactions: 17
Excellent recap, I never realised tattle existed until madde replied to a comment telling a troll to get back under their bridge (since deleted) then I found this place. I used to like watching her vids and they did up their old house really nicely I thought. Anyway when they got the new Georgian house that was perfect I was looking forward to some decorating videos but not the constant moaning and feeling so hard done by.. The fact that they have a fab big kitchen, cosy sitting room and I've actually forgotten how many bedrooms, plus a separate office, plus a garage and they want to extend, aghh it makes me wonder why they bought the place! The final straw for me was her video about how hard she worked(with Alex and an assistant) and I just laughed, is that what she thinks work is??? after I was done rolling my eyes.. I unsubbed after that and enjoy checking in here to see what antics she's up to. Sorry for the long post, she really does irritate me!!
Yup I think it's fair to say everyone who posts on this forum was once a genuine fan of hers.
She gets very defensive at any constructive criticism in her comments, so it's nice to have somewhere to vent over her privileged and often questionable behaviour!

Reactions: 14

At the start of the year Maddie and Alex moved into their new Georgian home. This was announced in a classic smug 'We've been keeping a secret...' Youtube video. Maddie disclosed that they had previously only been considering houses with two living rooms and it's been downhill from there really. The new home can never just be called a house and must always be referred to as a Georgian Home or Period Home or Georgian Farmhouse or some other wanky title. The gorgeous Wisteria also gets mentioned constantly.

They insisted that they love their new house and it's perfect, they then proceeded to make lots of big changes, like installing a new kitchen. Even though they managed with their cornish cottage kitchen for years, Maddie apparently needs a brand new huge kitchen for her job. They have a fridge and freezer big enough for a family of four (to fit inside) and have installed some huge cupboards that make the room feel nice and closed in. Oh and they have an Aga, which are known for being environmentally friendly.

Content wise, there has been a lack of food videos or any other non sponsored sit down video, and instead we've been treated to weekly vlog videos which mainly focus on Maddie repeating herself whinging about the beams in the kitchen while wandering around in huge tent dresses. These videos are part renovation update, part weekly vlog, often include a haul/ sponsored content and the branding of them is generally a mess. All videos now start with a 'highlight reel' which often includes someone laughing at a dog or Maddie telling us how great a brand is. She also uploads plenty of ADs, usually to Instagram. Youtube videos now heavily feature plinky plonky piano music and mimic 'slow living' style videos, even though they're not. There are three of them working on this content from their office in the garden of their Georgian Period Home.

Sustainability has gone out of the window since moving house and Maddie has recently purchased a new Apple Mac, replaced all their bedroom furniture, bought brand new furniture for their spare room, a new kitchen, a hot tub, plenty of new clothing and loads of plastic netting for their back garden which will be extra enjoyable for the local wildlife. They have also discussed getting a second car.

Maddie posted about there being some big scary changes, as far as we can deduce this was in relation to her leaving her management company. Speaking of work, 18 months into the pandemic Maddie gave us all the top advice to try setting up a separate workspace if we're struggling to focus at home. She also gave us a helpful video of her decluttering her tea cupboard, which was very insightful.

The house has had lots of problems which was the perfect opportunity for Maddie to publicly complain about every tradesman she's working with. She then wonders why no one wants to prioritise working with her. There was also a video on Instagram addressing 'haters' which seems to be directed here, but plenty of other comments have picked up on her lifestyle changes and apparent change of ethics.

Perhaps the only thing that has stayed the same is Maddie's constant flicking her hair around, touching her hair and refusal to tie up her hair when making food. Side note, if anyone finds a strand in their food it's likely to taste of whichever shampoo brand is sponsoring her that week.

They are now planning their wedding and Maddie has already been to see one venue without the groom, which is perfectly normal and fine. Everyone can't wait to see how sustainable the wedding is.

On point! 👏👏👏

Excellent recap,
How is it possible for someone to be so boring and forgettable and so infuriating and annoying at the same time. Everytime I leave this thread for a few days I totally forget she exists and then I look at her insta or read here and find myself so annoyed that someone like her makes so much money and just totally lacks any self awareness or accountability.

had a nosey on the profile to see if I could see anything about this funeral and just a check as I unfollowed her a few days ago and literally every other post is an #ad. But also noticed how low her engagement is at the moment 1,300 likes and 25 comments on the sea salt ad is pretty poor. I know she’s not even got 100k on insta but even still a few months ago she was getting at least 3,000 on most posts but normally over 5,000

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I noticed the low engagement too.

Influencers can hate on Tattle all they want but a lot of what is said here is the canary in the mineshaft as far as when things start to go wrong for the influencer’s career.

They shouldn’t read here but a savvy influencer would ask a trusted agent to read everything and make note of all constructive criticism, try to discuss it in as impersonal way as possible. Then changes could be made before followers check out.

I’m not sitting here saying ‘we’re actually doing them a FAVOUR’, of course not, we’re hear to dissect for our own amusement. But there’s a lot of articulate criticism, and on madeleines threads you can read how disappointed people are in her - that’s genuine and in a lot of industries you have to literally pay for that level of insight 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Excellent recap,
How is it possible for someone to be so boring and forgettable and so infuriating and annoying at the same time. Everytime I leave this thread for a few days I totally forget she exists and then I look at her insta or read here and find myself so annoyed that someone like her makes so much money and just totally lacks any self awareness or accountability.

had a nosey on the profile to see if I could see anything about this funeral and just a check as I unfollowed her a few days ago and literally every other post is an #ad. But also noticed how low her engagement is at the moment 1,300 likes and 25 comments on the sea salt ad is pretty poor. I know she’s not even got 100k on insta but even still a few months ago she was getting at least 3,000 on most posts but normally over 5,000
Pretty low on YouTube too. She has 540k subs, but averages around 30-50k views. So half a million of her subs are not watching her videos?! That seems a huge amount, makes me wonder if she bought subscribers at some point?

I think it was a big mistake taking such a huge break from doing cooking videos. Most viewers probably subbed because of these videos, not to hear her moan about taps!

Reactions: 9
Pretty low on YouTube too. She has 540k subs, but averages around 30-50k views. So half a million of her subs are not watching her videos?! That seems a huge amount, makes me wonder if she bought subscribers at some point?

I think it was a big mistake taking such a huge break from doing cooking videos. Most viewers probably subbed because of these videos, not to hear her moan about taps!
We’ll I followed for recipes, vegan meal ideas and new products. And I’ve unfollowed a few days ago. I am not interested in her “fashion” if that’s what you want to call it, her interior style is not like mine, I don’t like the changes to her house, I will never be able to afford a property like hers, her dog and cats are just not quite cute enough to keep me around and most importantly she is not the only vegan blogger/influencers anymore. Back when I went vegan there weren’t many vegan food influencers so she was best of bad bunch. Now there’s 100s of them and a lot of them are putting out a lot more content and a lot nicer/more unique content. How many times can I see mushrooms and tahini

Reactions: 8
So. Much. Stuff.
Yikes. No wonder she complains about breaking out so much. It's not healthy to pile this much crap on your face just because it's free. Keep pushing your fans away Maddie, this is not the content people want to see.

Reactions: 6
I think she'll go the same was as Sarah Kirby (V Nice Life, anyone remember her?) and slowly transition away from veganism and sustainability. She's already wearing recycled wool and wasting building materials and home decor. I give it a year.

Reactions: 3
I think she'll go the same was as Sarah Kirby (V Nice Life, anyone remember her?) and slowly transition away from veganism and sustainability. She's already wearing recycled wool and wasting building materials and home decor. I give it a year.
Oh I didn't know Sarah was not vegan anymore? I used to follow her years ago but she started getting on my nerves so I unfollowed 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.