Madeleine Olivia #2 Sustainability is so 2018, Buy my affiliates if you want to be green!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For someone who wrote a cook book, her recipes today were basic. A 13 yr old could have come up with that. Noticed she didn't bring out her £400 Tefal she was gifted and tried to flog to her subscribers when she made soup. That oasta dish looked like it was topped with dirt.🙈
Also... does she look pregnant? Loose clothes and a round tummy in her apron 🤔
I thought she was a while back, but then she was drinking loads so maybe not! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I thought she was a while back, but then she was drinking loads so maybe not! :ROFLMAO:
When I still watched her it was already like this, I think it's just her natural shape at this point? All the drinking, like you said, and her poor eating habits are showing for sure. I don't think she's pregnant.

Reactions: 5
When I still watched her it was already like this, I think it's just her natural shape at this point? All the drinking, like you said, and her poor eating habits are showing for sure. I don't think she's pregnant.
Agree. She put on quite alot of weight around 2020 (as did Alex) and has struggled with it. Think she got alot of 'omg are you pregnant?' comments at the time which (understandably) upset her. As you say, it's probably the combination of processed food, regular drinking habits and her 'all or nothing' attitude to exercise.

Reactions: 6
Agree. She put on quite alot of weight around 2020 (as did Alex) and has struggled with it. Think she got alot of 'omg are you pregnant?' comments at the time which (understandably) upset her. As you say, it's probably the combination of processed food, regular drinking habits and her 'all or nothing' attitude to exercise.
Didn't she mentioned they pretty much only order food and get takeaway these days unless they have something to sell like a soup machine? Who on earth uses that anyway? I would never and I make soup once or twice a week as a massive soup fan. Just use a hand held blender?
I understand why the comments upset her though. I would be upset, too. Especially because she has struggled with ED and weight for such a long time and being insensitive about fertility/pregnancy is upsetting, too. I am skinny but when I gain even a little bit of weight it all goes straight to my belly, when I gained some weight in my mid 20s I got people asking me, too, if I was pregant and I only gained like 5 kg or so. It was very upsetting.

Alcohol pretty much goes straight to your belly. It's not for nothing there is a thing like a "beer belly". As much as I strongly dislike what she's doing right now, I do hope she will take better care of herself. She's struggling a lot.

Reactions: 9
Eh - as much as I think Madeleine is an obnoxious moo I don't for one second think that she (or Alex) neglects their pets in any way. If the harness is still functional it's fine. I'm also not a vet so I am not going to proffer an opinion on a dog being overweight. That is all.

Reactions: 4
Eh - as much as I think Madeleine is an obnoxious moo I don't for one second think that she (or Alex) neglects their pets in any way. If the harness is still functional it's fine. I'm also not a vet so I am not going to proffer an opinion on a dog being overweight. That is all.
That's fine, but the dog is very overweight.

For someone who wrote a cook book, her recipes today were basic. A 13 yr old could have come up with that. Noticed she didn't bring out her £400 Tefal she was gifted and tried to flog to her subscribers when she made soup. That oasta dish looked like it was topped with dirt.🙈
Also... does she look pregnant? Loose clothes and a round tummy in her apron 🤔
It is probably time for a brood of children running around their GEORGIAN Country home dressed like they've just stepped out of a Charles Dickens book..

You really don't have to be a vet to see it's unhealthy for a dog being THIS overweight.

You really don't have to be a vet to see it's unhealthy for a dog being THIS overweight.
Whenever I see this breed of dog they all look a little chunky. I doubt ALL of them are overweight. Could it be that they look heavier set than other breeds? (I don't know anything about dogs, I could be totally wrong!!)

Whenever I see this breed of dog they all look a little chunky. I doubt ALL of them are overweight. Could it be that they look heavier set than other breeds? (I don't know anything about dogs, I could be totally wrong!!)
I understand what you mean, I recently read that 25-30% of all dogs are obese, 40-45% are overweight and in the USA it was even more than 55% (!) of all dogs overweight or obese. People think it's normal a lot of these dogs are chunky but it's not normal, they are just all overweight :( people are so used to it they think it's normal

As a dog person who lives where spaniels are everywhere, I would say cocker spaniels are the most notorious for getting overweight because they tend to not be quite as active as springers. But that’s on the owners for not taking that into account imo, they should be fed less to take that into account.

Also most cocker spaniels look a bit chunkier because they’re so fluffy, but usually when they have a bath you can see them shrink down to what’s underneath, but in Maddie’s most recent vlog you can see them bath her and she’s still just as big underneath it. It’s nothing that can’t be fixed with a bit of effort, hopefully Maddie keeps up her longer walks and we can see Roxie getting healthier. As a dog who already has health issues (I think she discusses it in her One Year Later adopting Roxie video?) she should definitely be kept to the healthy weight range, and I would say she’s more than bordering on overweight at the moment.

I understand what you mean, I recently read that 25-30% of all dogs are obese, 40-45% are overweight and in the USA it was even more than 55% (!) of all dogs overweight or obese. People think it's normal a lot of these dogs are chunky but it's not normal, they are just all overweight :( people are so used to it they think it's normal
thanks for explaining that, I dont know anything about dogs and I see that breed in particular always looks chunky. maybe maddie doesn't realise her dog is fat? I can imagine her overfeeding roxie, spoiling her with treats (I imagine she gets a lot of freebies for the dog too)

thanks for explaining that, I dont know anything about dogs and I see that breed in particular always looks chunky. maybe maddie doesn't realise her dog is fat? I can imagine her overfeeding roxie, spoiling her with treats (I imagine she gets a lot of freebies for the dog too)
No I totally understand! ♥
I think she realizes it, it's not really possible to not see it? I think she spoils Roxie too much with treats. I bet she feels guilty for not taking her out for walks and tries to buy her love back with treats. And Roxie is a very cute dog and she has those "sad eyes" that makes you want to give her the world. That's why I always say I could never have a sad-looking pet because I would spoil them rotten. They totally have that effect on me, too 😂 But in the end it's not good for the dog so you have to be strict. With a cutie like that + guilt for not making enough for her, I can see why she got a lot heavier.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
As someone who owns a spaniel, it is so easy for them to put on weight, you do have to be really careful with how many treats you give them and ensure they are having the correct amount of food. Roxy is overweight and they should be carefully weighing her food and also giving her lots of exercise.

• Heart
Literally about 99% of Labradors that I see are overweight or obese. A huge amount of dog owners don't realise just how slim their dog should be. I also see a lot of overweight Cocker spaniels too.

• Heart
[
I didn't really notice Roxy was overweight till it was pointed out on here, then she posted an Instagram story where she was walking her with a friend's/ sisters dog of the same breed and it was very obvious.
The other dog looked slim and healthy, whereas Roxy looked very tubby and was almost waddling in comparison ☹

• Sad
  • Wow
CBA with the new video about packing her bags 😴 looking at the activity on this thread I'm not the only one!

CBA with the new video about packing her bags 😴 looking at the activity on this thread I'm not the only one!
I unsubbed a while ago. Her finances but notice? Maybe that's why she's doing all these unethical ADs

Lol, I haven't been watching her either- if I wanted to be bored out of my mind for over 30 mins I could just watch paint dry and not give her the clicks.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.