Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

boopthatnose

Chatty Member
Watching Harvey and Willow have their (contrived for the camera) kiss is up there with the most cringe-worthy things I've seen. For someone who theoretically shouldn't find it difficult on the surface of things to attract women - works out, is wealthy etc -the guy has absolutely no game at all. Watching him try to flirt with women is a hideous experience - it's like listening to an awkward teenager who got their dating tips online.

• Haha
Reactions: 22

D_Wills

VIP Member
The worst start to a series ever 😭 literally who gives a shit about Yaz, Izzy, Willow and co? So so boring, 2 episodes full of background characters. I'm a die hard MiC fan but I think my time watching it might be coming to an end 🥲

• Heart

lululoves

I didn't know she had so many restaurants but two of Verity's branches have closed down. Within 18 months of opening. So people have been left redundant.

Quote:

A source said: “It’s a business that isn’t sustainable.

"They didn’t know what they were doing.”

Branches in London’s Notting Hill and Soho will be closed this week, with three others in the capital staying open.

The redundancies came as Bowditch told her online followers how busy she has been.

One worker said: “I was sent an email saying I had lost my job and then I went on Instagram and I saw Verity looking all glamorous and boasting about her international calls.”

Bowditch and Pearce refused to comment.

• Wow
  • Angry

Musings30

VIP Member
Interesting… I didn’t know that. Do you know what school it was…? That’s probably why she acts like that… feels she has something to prove. She is so stuck up, it’s deeply unpleasant.

She grew up in Leamington spa didn’t she?
Probably best off if she didn't. Would have been hella lot of money wasted on educating someone now in their late 20s who doesn't know what a clitoris is.
---
I must be really behind a lot of others in this thread. Are you guys on episode 5? I am only on episode 3 but God are these new men so boring. I am thinking that I even miss Julian's shenanigans.

Again, I feel so bad for Inga. I feel like all everyone does is pile on her. I don't think Robbie is a good friend at all. I think he is really mean spirited with the eye rolling. He just doesn't seem to care about anyone himself. Joel is also kind of rubbing me the wrong way. I think he is constantly negative but also loves playing the victim. Maeva seems really over this show. She didn't feel very enthusiastic asking what gossip is.

Can James blame Tristan for ghosting him in a text? He was really cruel saying they are not 'true friends'. Sad that James and Liv are no longer close because Liv genuinely always seemed to hear James out and be in his corner. James apology was pathetic and if I were Tristan I would not have been so forgiving.

I am actually feeling warm towards Liv and Tristan and hope she gets her proposal if she wants it.

Maeva is very uncouth. Talking to her mother in such a way. She is not entitled to any help with the baby. She is so spoiled, patronizing, and petulant. I hate how she just wears people down in arguments and then takes their exasperation as a win. Her parents have a lot of patience.

I think that Yaz and the Guy look good together. I think he seems very reserved but also very sweet. I got the ick when she was tearing up after the break up and Guy and Miles eyes were licking up with joy. He is horrible. I am hoping Yaz gets back with Guy to wipe that smirk off his face. He was so quick to shut down her doubts about breaking up. So possessive.

Edit: As soon as I posted episode 4 was available! Yay!
James' apology was barely an apology. Tristan is a much bigger person than me, but also a bit of a mug. If a supposed best mate treated me like that, I'd sever all ties, no going back. James is clearly only reaching out to him because he's craving male company and some respite from his fiancee and baby.

Isn't it interesting how Miles was really egging on that Freddy bloke to ask out Yaz, but actively goes out of his way to sabotage any blossoming romance she has with attractive/manly blokes? No offence to Freddy, but he looks like a choirboy whose pubes haven't grown yet.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21

Musings30

VIP Member
From what I've read, this registry office service was originally intended to be a low-key affair, with just family, but they then changed their minds at the last minute and decided to invite friends, but Jamie didn't notify Spencer, because it "slipped his mind". How does inviting your best friend to your wedding simply slip one's mind?

• Haha
  • Heart

Musings30

VIP Member
I started watching MIC when S13 started but I'm currently watching from the beginning and I've almost finished S5.

I'm convinced the signs were there, giving a glimpse of Louise's future mental health struggles, throughout her time on the show.

She's not all there. The constant anxiety and crying! Oh God, the crying!! Even before she got with Spencer she was a bumbling mess. I'm not surprised she is the way she is after her traumatic birth.
I observed that too - there seems to be a lot of deep-rooted issues there, but I definitely think her relationship with Spencer hugely scarred her and that the trauma of it (especially given how it was all hashed out on TV) still impacts her to the present day.

Louise was a completely different person when she first appeared on MiC; very timid and giggly like a naive schoolgirl, especially during her Spencer phase. But she seemed to take a sinister turn when she got with Andy and then Alik. She clearly hadn't properly processed or sought help to deal with the fallout from her break up with Spencer and toxic and emotionally abusive nature of their relationship. Poor Andy was effectively her collateral damage from that (and so was Alik later down the line). The power play in hers and Andy's relationship was interesting because she knew he fawned over her and was head over heels, and that she could push him to the absolute limit and he'd still stick by her (the cheating, gaslighting and barefaced compulsive lying). Whereas Spencer held all the power in their relationship, which gave her huge insecurities and turned her into a vulnerable shell of a person. It was like she gained a weird sense of power and control when she got with Andy, which Spencer had completely deprived her of in their relationship. She completely sabotaged herself with Andy, who was probably the first model of healthy love she'd ever experienced.

Fast forward to today and Louise is married to a very controlling and coercive bloke, which let's be honest, isn't massively surprising given her past relationship trajectory. I feel like Ryan gives her the balance she subconsciously seeks - adoring and attentive (unlike Spencer) but also Alpha (unlike Andy and sometimes Alik) and will put his foot down when, so she wouldn't push him too far like she did the other two.

• Heart

Musings30

VIP Member

Oh dear gawd.
Lily is working her way up from sidekick to a solid fixture this series, with an on-screen relationship. Not the main character energy we asked for.
Her fella looks pained, like he really doesn't want to be there. She's a very strange girl. Doesn't half fancy herself, judging by her Instagram. That said, I'd still watch her over husky Georgia and her wipe-clean bucket hats.

• Haha

JulesC

VIP Member
Another "quiet quitter" of the show. If she could take that awful Melissa with her, that would be fab. The pair of them now seem to spend their days drinking wine and screeching about their favourite topic - themselves - in their dreadful podcast, while fawning over themselves in constipated-looking mirror selfie poses.
Melissa is one of the worst people on MIC ever for me, have never liked her and she’s just got worse and worse.

• Haha

Musings30

VIP Member
I can understand the tension between Paris and Yasmine because the way yas speaks to other women is nasty and she always makes sure to play the victim. Even the way she answered Verity’s question was way too much. It’s very telling that her closest friend on the show is Miles who is pretty problematic and she’s never called him out.
I think Yaz has been treated appallingly by various other female cast members. I'm not saying her reaction to things has been ideal or mature, but she's become the new whipping girl, after Inga, and it doesn't sit right with me. It all kicked off with Issy publicly spouting her mouth off about Yaz and Miles' friends with benefits situation at the dinner table, when she was meant to be her close friend and had absolutely no business doing so. Yaz accused her of being a liar, yes, which wasn't great, but ultimately, why was her mate throwing her under the bus like that? What business is it of anyone's whether or not Yaz and Miles are getting off with eachother? It was clearly massive jealousy on Issy's part.

As far as Paris is concerned, I do wonder why she has it in so much for Yaz. She's been mates with Issy for all of five minutes and is hardly close friends with her. She wasn't even in Bali! She's become almost obsessive about mocking Yaz behind her back every time her name is mentioned, and publicly bullying her. IMO, the only reason is jealousy. Paris is seeing how many blokes fawn over and fancy Yaz and I definitely think that makes her insecure. If Paris is so down for the sisterhood and passionate about calling people's ills out, why doesn't she call out the likes of Miles, who's the root cause of all these arguments?!

In terms of duck lips Verity, that was really out of order for her to say to Yaz, in front of a table full of people "we've been talking about your relationship so I thought it would be good to get it out in the open and talk about it now you're here (or words to that effect)". Who on earth does she think she is? She barely even knows Yaz. She then had the audacity to bring up that Yaz clearly has feelings for someone else (aka Miles), and further embarrassed her in front of the group. I don't blame Yaz for her reaction at all (if anything, it was an underreaction). That was a massively dick move on Verity's part. She doesn't even know the girl and had no right to humiliate her like that.

• Heart

Happybythesea

Chatty Member
I saw a shocking sight tonight...James Taylor out on the town with his mate. Is cute that Maeva's let him off his leash for a few hours♥
So he's just spent over a week away from his baby, come back to the UK and is still not spending time with his newborn baby! Shocking!

Musings30

VIP Member
Tonight's big takeaways:

- Joel's still too good for Robbie. And Robbie's still a selfish individual doing the "woe is me, I'm too busy for a relationship" b/s. Just end it already and let the man be with someone who deserves him.
- Rez is pretty funny and knows how to take the piss out of himself
- Willow, sweetie, who are you again? You've had all of ten minutes' screentime on Made in Chelsea but are going hard on this Main Character Energy (MCE). Seems adamant about assuming the mantle of wannabe meddling life coach and needs to keep her oar out of other people's business. Also, calm it down with the facial fillers pls👎
- Ruby is a lot more bearable and mature when she's chatting to someone one-on-one and giving advice. Who would have thought it?
- I'm really shipping Inga and Sam (sorry not sorry)
- Random sweaty fella over here calling himself "Temps" and wearing a checked suit. Sorry, who are you?!
- Boy, Lily is really overcompensating for the fact she was pied off the show series ago for being too boring, and now badly scrambling for some of that MCE. The producers must be desperate!

• Haha

80schic

That would be great. He did look very sheepish when he was explaining to Temps that his trip was cut short as this girl wasn't ready for him or words to that effect.
By the way, I never noticed until watching the first look episode yesterday but Temps is pretty ugly.
Agree 😆 Temps has a rather unfortunately proportioned forehead. He reminds me of a Desperate Dan the dandy cartoon.
Probably intentional on Miless part to have a less attractive sidekick....so miles reigns the adonis.

• Haha
Reactions: 20

lavendervase

VIP Member
Fresh meat for this season, Freddy Knatchbull.

Filthy rich and well-connected (as in Mountbatten family). Model and student, only 19. Wants to break into acting. Seems to be friendly with Yasmin.
How the hell are the Locke Lockes going to run about and pretend to be friends with a 19 year old?! I hate the current cast and how the just throw random people in and expect us all to believe they’re all big pals. Bring back an actual friendship group please!

• Haha

Steve1985

She is so smug looking cos she bagged Jamie ( who I think is actually a really hard worker and has made the most from the platform he’s been given) I’ve listened to Sophie and Melissa’s vapid podcast. They are so out of touch with reality it’s comical. The most important thing in their day is facials. (Always “Laaaaahvley”)
Hilariously, the rest of the world was loving Selena Gomez but brainless Melissa (dumped by her gimpy boyfriend, and pretended she didn’t care and still thinks the private school she went to is a personality trait) decided to say how much she LAAAVES Hailey beiber. So out of touch to the point she has to correct herself the week later when she realised she had read the room wrong (shock!!)
Sophie looks like a hard boiled egg, and Melissa and her shit migrated lips, wonky tits and weird mole are such an unsexy pair.

• Haha