Made in Chelsea #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So a brief re-cap of the off-season chat in the previous thread...

* Maeva & James embarked on their parenting journey with Beau. Highlights include leaving their newborn at grandma's for 10 days, child-free ski holidays when he was <4wks, escaping to London for botox despite the anxiety of leaving home and resting an axe on him for bantz. This has earned them their own thread.

* Ollie is campaigning for 'backwards' Britain to make it easier for him to rent a womb. An icky adopted child is no good for him.

* Ruby has followed the footsteps of Chloe Green and Victoria and got herself a felon bae. Nicholas is a model she met through work but has a past of training dangerous dogs, a dominatrix mum and was (reportedly) recently released after serving time for drug distribution. Not to mention people keep commenting online that he scams women, but Ruby is all in. They will be the top billing off-season entertainment as they are starting a couples YouTube channel.

* Filming is back on. I suspect next season will premier after Love Island ends mid-March.

Did I miss anything?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
A quick round-up of where the last thread left off:

- Ruby and new bae Nicholas are threatening to set up a couple's YouTube channel

- Nicholas' dodgy past, including his training dogs to fight and other speculated shady dealings has coincided with a slew of Instagram unfollows from Ruby's friends

- Speculation abounds Miles and his growing obsession with bodybuilding alongside abnormally large-muscled men in tight shorts

- The oddity JulianC, who claims to have zero personal affiliation with Made in Chelsea, still creepily lurking the forum and getting deeply and personally offended and aggy when someone criticises the show or says something critical about a current cast member

Please feel free to add anything else I may have missed😊

So a brief re-cap of the off-season chat in the previous thread...

* Maeva & James embarked on their parenting journey with Beau. Highlights include leaving their newborn at grandma's for 10 days, child-free ski holidays when he was <4wks, escaping to London for botox despite the anxiety of leaving home and resting an axe on him for bantz. This has earned them their own thread.

* Ollie is campaigning for 'backwards' Britain to make it easier for him to rent a womb. An icky adopted child is no good for him.

* Ruby has followed the footsteps of Chloe Green and Victoria and got herself a felon bae. Nicholas is a model she met through work but has a past of training dangerous dogs, a dominatrix mum and was (reportedly) recently released after serving time for drug distribution. Not to mention people keep commenting online that he scams women, but Ruby is all in. They will be the top billing off-season entertainment as they are starting a couples YouTube channel.

* Filming is back on. I suspect next season will premier after Love Island ends mid-March.

Did I miss anything?
You've done an infinitely better round-up than mine. Kudos😄👏👏

• Haha
Reactions: 13
A quick round-up of where the last thread left off:
What a co-inkydink we posted at the same time :LOL:

I like your round up and you covered more bases.
How could I forget about fake julius? Or the real julian and his gf posting her th!nspo.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
What a co-inkydink we posted at the same time :LOL:

I like your round up and you covered more bases.
How could I forget about fake julius? Or the real julian and his gf posting her th!nspo.
Oh you flatterer! I shan't take all the credit - yours is comic genius. Felon bae😂

Haha! I do quite enjoy JulianC's primary school attempts at being insulting. It's so bad it's kind of cute and endearing. As for Georgia, it appears she's expanding her smoothie bowl dominion across London. I had the pleasure of walking past a new branch of one of her cafes today🥲

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Nicholas Sinclair's more recent past is definitely of interest, I understand - but I note that the more problematic aspects of his life are being MUCH more played up than his genuine landed gentry heritage (given the premise of the show itself)...whereas I'm not sure it is so with the others?

There are quite a few MIC cast with criminal associations and cases - E.g. The Matthews family sexual assault scandal and Victoria Baker-Haber's baby's Father's years of fraud, but so much emphasis is on Nicholas Sinclair being 'a bad fit'.

Obviously we are very sensitive to class models and cultural expectations here in the UK and how one speaks, their circle, education and professional world is most definitely a factor in how we perceive them (it would be an utter lie to say otherwise), but I find it interesting that people seem to more readily dismiss that he probably has more of a coveted background in terms of lineage than most on the show. His people have an ancestral seat in Scotland and have been major power players in UK history. Arguably Ruby does not actually measure up to him in that regard.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Nicholas Sinclair's more recent past is definitely of interest, I understand - but I note that the more problematic aspects of his life are being MUCH more played up than his genuine landed gentry heritage (given the premise of the show itself)...whereas I'm not sure it is so with the others?

There are quite a few MIC cast with criminal associations and cases - E.g. The Matthews family sexual assault scandal and Victoria Baker-Haber's baby's Father's years of fraud, but so much emphasis is on Nicholas Sinclair being 'a bad fit'.

Obviously we are very sensitive to class models and cultural expectations here in the UK and how one speaks, their circle, education and professional world is most definitely a factor in how we perceive them (it would be an utter lie to say otherwise), but I find it interesting that people seem to more readily dismiss that he probably has more of a coveted background in terms of lineage than most on the show. His people have an ancestral seat in Scotland and have been major power players in UK history. Arguably Ruby does not actually measure up to him in that regard.
He would make me turn off MIC.

Reactions: 2

We’ve definitely spoken about Victoria’s partner only a few pages ago

I didn’t know that about the Matthews

Reactions: 3

I actually think they are a good fit together. It's been suggested him and her criminal cousin hung out together so they probably have more in common than we know. We don't know how Ruby's family are and she's not exactly a beloved angel on here.
He can't help his parent's past and that trauma no doubt influenced his prev. problematic behaviour. If he's left that life alone with the dog training and dr*gs and doing well as a model, good on him.

I'm sure a lot of the MIC cast have inherited 'dirty' money too and have problematic parents. I think what raises eyebrows is the lovebomby-ness and comments about him scamming but in fairness there's nothing concrete to pin on him.
If Ruby likes it I love it. She always hated that Rez never posted her on sm now she's coupled up on insta every day.
I wouldn't protest him being on the show personally as I fear next season will be boring and Nick is an interesting character.

Reactions: 10
I quite like Nick's insta stories. Theyre sorta dull but compelling at the same. Maybe he has changed his ways, but I doubt it. From the looks of his flat he's not earning big bucks as a model and seems to have moved in with Ruby quick sharp.

He would definitely spice up MIC, it woulndt be the first time they let a non posho partner in, Zara, Ryan. He would definitely be the roughest though.

I quite like Nick's insta stories. Theyre sorta dull but compelling at the same. Maybe he has changed his ways, but I doubt it. From the looks of his flat he's not earning big bucks as a model and seems to have moved in with Ruby quick sharp.

He would definitely spice up MIC, it woulndt be the first time they let a non posho partner in, Zara, Ryan. He would definitely be the roughest though.
I thought the exact same about his stories. They are weirdly moreish😂I can't see him being allowed on the show but it would definitely ruffle a few feathers. Zara was bland and tried too hard to be posh. This guy just is what he is.

I actually don’t mind him (if we ignore the dangerous dog stuff). I felt kind of bad for him when people jumped on him saying he’s not good enough for Ruby / isn’t posh / isn’t from Chelsea when he’s more Chelsea than most - just because he’s black. Although I’m sure his accent doesn’t help. He seems good natured and I find his stories oddly entertaining. Time will tell if there’s truth to him being a scammer or dangerous etc. then I’ll take it all back. He seems to dote on Ruby from what we can see

Reactions: 10
I thought the exact same about his stories. They are weirdly moreish😂I can't see him being allowed on the show but it would definitely ruffle a few feathers. Zara was bland and tried too hard to be posh. This guy just is what he is.
His background is perhaps the most interesting of all: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clan_Sinclair

They really ought to see him on. It would up the profile, in my opinion, of the show once his background was explored. I honestly feel MIC would benefit going a little deeper into things like class, childhood experiences, pregnancy and parenthood to add some petrol into it's tank for a slightly longer life, if you will...especially as casts age. It can't all be who kissed and fondled who off camera in different locations around the world.

I think that all worked in the era which MIC first came to the screen. It was an entirely different Britain, honestly - one that could afford to be more aloof, hyper stylized and superfluous. Now in the 2020s I think the show would benefit from some real discourse and more hands on themes mixed in with the rest.

Reactions: 7
zara was so irritating- still is!

Reactions: 5
I've been watching the traitor USA (on bbc iplayer) and can't believe how much Andie looks like Miles from MIC, has anyone else noticed this? 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I've been watching the traitor USA (on bbc iplayer) and can't believe how much Andie looks like Miles from MIC, has anyone else noticed this? 😂😂
Could you post a photo please? I'm sure Miles would absolutely love to be his next bestie/gym boyfriend.

---

Ruby & Nick have moved in and doing a reno on the place too. I guess that's what their content may centre on.

The crew were filming some kind of masquerade party today.

I have a feeling this next season of MIC could be one of the best yet. Will the the last for many but lots of new faces I predict.

I’m sure they will Tempt… us into the new season soon with some E4 ads. Not long now guys! Hope you’re all well l. Stay safe and be kind xx

---

I think Zara is great. She doesn’t take her self too seriously and that’s a great quality to have especially when so many attractive women like her, do just that. For such a bland girl, she’s down quite well for herself. Hopefully she doesn’t read mean comments about her from people who don’t really know her?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.