Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

micfan

Ruby comes from Jewish heritage. Her dad looks a bit dark, not sure what his ethnicity is. I remember someone on here saying he looks like he might be of African descent.
---

This whole diversity debate...I find it annoying when people politicise TV shows to the nth degree. Can't we just appreciate the show as a bit of light-hearted car crash TV, without getting all political about it? Not being a person of colour, I don't know how offended I'd be to not be represented on the show. If anything, I think I'd be quite relieved to not be culturally associated with a bunch of entitled white silver spoon kids.
I am a minority so I will say this, I understand the annoyance that people have about everything being political. And I don't personally require everything have someone like me represented in order to enjoy it. But I do have a problem with people in general thinking people of my race should almost exist outside of history. To have any representation at all even in fictional/fantasy/historical roles for people of my race seems to get not only a lot of white people irrate but also other races of people.

I do think it is lazy how Hollywood likes to racebend instead of giving creative of other races chances to tell unique stories. Thar would be a good example of true inclusivity having diversity in front and behind the camera.

With Made in Chelsea it is neither here nor there for me. But if they are going to have someone like Paris, at least give her an opportunity for storylines. It is all just surface. Same with Akin. He was just sort of there. Paris barely got a moment to talk about her dating struggles/racism and I don't get the impression that the other girls really interact with or care for her to include her in activities. I notice they don't really engage with her comments on social media like they do with everyone else. So for me, seeing this attempt at diversity just triggers life memories of being excluded the same way or just being treated like the scenery. You're just there so they have "proof" and people will stop the complaining.

As for the political, I think it is also the fact that when people are considered the standard and default in society they won't see things that are political as that. It is interesting to see things people say that are becoming too political not realizing that those things in part have always kind of been political. There is obviously a political and cultural meaning behind why certain groups and genders etc. are often portrayed to reinforce and justify all sorts of things.

But MIC is not the hill I would die on for all this. It is just messy reality TV and escapism. I feel a lot of people want to virtue signal and just say they want diversity of all kinds for internet points. It is the in thing to do.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Musings30

VIP Member
Can someone please explain the appeal of mountain goat Harvey? He's repulsive. And that dull droning voice of his should be used to put hospital patients under sedation.

Can you believe when he said to Silly Willow in this week's first look ep about how "a lot women aren't chilled out enough" when it comes to dating (or some rubbish to that effect). By "chilled out enough", he means "aren't willing to put up with my bullsh*t". I'm no fan of that Imogen girl, but the way he humiliated her at the club, saying he wasn't interested in her and lying his face off about how involved they were, warrants a huge slap.

• Haha

Sliceofpizza

VIP Member
Harvey suddenly fancying Izzy again and wanting to pursue her this time just so her fit dad can get his beers into a few of his bars is pretty low too.

• Haha

doodlebug

VIP Member
@micfan I really agree with you about Paris. It’s always secretly made me sad. Every new girl MIC has had, boys immediately swarm them and take them out on dates. Verity, Issy, Yasmin, even Willow. No one was interested in Paris and I really don’t feel like she was welcomed. Normally the girls become best friends almost instantly and I feel like they all really gelled with Robbie her best friend but not her. I noticed most of them don’t even follow her on social media. To me it’s pretty obvious racism whether they’re aware of it or not. I hope she doesn’t feel too down about it but it’s just sad to see.

• Heart
  • Angry

Musings30

VIP Member
I’m can’t help but now like Sam and Inga together!
Same here. There's a lot of tenderness and warmth between them, and he seems to dote on her in his IG posts. Sam Prince growing the fuck up; who'd have thought it?
---
Unpopular opinion but I'm not sure how genuine Joel is , I wonder if he's not as innocent off camera. I feel like the way he speaks is too well thought out before he says it. I could be wrong but just my thoughts
You know, I did quite like Joel but the second episode of this series has made me a bit iffy about him. That scene where he said he was suspicious of Inga because she's supposedly "shrouded in controversy" seemed a bit harsh. What controversy exactly? Ruby has bee a nasty b*tch to her since day one and she's been slutshamed and humiliated by various other cast members for no good reason. I thought it was hilarious when Ruby said Inga had called her a troll and a gremlin. She's not lying though, is she?

• Heart

doodlebug

VIP Member
I don’t think any of them are interested in Freddy. He’s literally 19 and looks like a child. Even the younger cast members are 23/24. His addition seems so random. I can’t see anyone dating him

• Heart

Ravenstown

VIP Member
Idk what it is but Tristan’s lips or lower half of his face doesn’t sit right w me. Idk what it is but it looks so tight or somethings off it makes me uncomfortable 😭😭
He looks like Voldemort to me. I think his skin is still a bit taut from shedding his previous casing.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 24

orlyb1310

VIP Member
Not watched MIC in ages now but I think Sophie looked incredible - obsessed with the dress. The veil looks better in the black and white photos though. I think the whole vibe is meant to be very casual, 'got married on a whim', hence the sunglasses and effortless photographs. I love it all ngl.

coriander

VIP Member
Joel was a total c**t towards Inga. Who does he think he is, literally nobody cares about his relationship with Robbie, I always skip them. That Paris has been a huge bitch too, she's trying too hard.
---
Also can anyone explain why all the guys fancy Yaz? I think she seems like a lovely girl but what's so special about her compared to the rest?

Musings30

VIP Member
Imagine taking part in a drinking game and having to kiss Harvey, Charlie or Freddy. I think I'd sooner smash my head through the nearest window.

• Haha

Very traditional

VIP Member
I think she looks insane but not very weddingy, I imagine she’ll wear a proper dress at their ceremony in Seville, I didn’t realise today was a the legal ceremony and they were getting married abroad.

lululoves

Oh dear gawd.
Lily is working her way up from sidekick to a solid fixture this series, with an on-screen relationship. Not the main character energy we asked for.

• Haha
  • Sick

Musings30

VIP Member
Not Melissa getting some 'professional organisers' to come round to her flat. Sort out your own wardrobe you lazy mare 😂 And I see she's the latest to be doing a home reno. Let's see how spectacularly bland she can make it.

---

Hun looks to be building a family-sized two storey house and calling it 'little'.

Flipping hell, the size of that gaff. She's trying hard to be interesting, bless her. When I look at her, all I can think is "beige". Her brother's hot though, which is something, I guess 💁🏻‍♀️

---

Am I the only poster who sees the irony in posters calling out female cast members as ‘bland’ and ‘beige’.

My viewpoint is that these women are very successful and hardworking and the real question is who are the ‘bland’ ones? The ones out there living their best lives or the ones being sassy about them on an Internet forum?

Fair play to Zara and Melissa they are successful young females and making decent careers for themselves. In fact many of the female MIC cast have done similar. Verity often gets similar jealous insults on here but

Why do some of you watch the show so much so you join a forum about that show - to them just criticise every cast member?
Baffles me tbh!
So much to unpick here! First of all, cast members like Melissa are inherently boring and bring zero value to the show. Genuinely what value does she add, aside from being a haughty, judgemental hypocrite and talking behind other people's backs and pulling stupid faces? She called her supposed best mate "a fame-hungry whore".

Haha, working hard?!! Making careers for themselves? Are you deluded?! Melissa was born with a silver spoon in her mouth, as was every cast member on this show! Made in Chelsea has been a massive springboard for loads of cast members and enabled them professional opportunities they would never had achieved without the publicity gained through the show.

The only professional experience I can see on Melissa's LinkedIn is a brief admin internship, before she mysteriously became founder of a swimwear brand at a young age. We'd all be living our best lives of our parents enabled it, but some of us actually work out asses off and are saving hard to afford our own places without getting a penny from the Bank of Mum and Dad. This is absolutely not a question of jealousy. It's a matter of boring people who offer nothing in the way of personality or otherwise, getting fast-tracked onto the show merely because they're in a relationship with an existing cast member, or a mate. What have any of these people contributed to society, and/or what exactly about them is remotely interesting? Pray do tell.

As for Verity, are you having a laugh?😂Do remind me what credentials she has to have earned the mantle of so-called clean eating restaurant entrepreneur? She's merely the pretty vegan girl face of the brand while her mate has clearly done most of the legwork. She's not even listed as a director on Companies House! She's also a horrid person, as proven by how she's conducted on the show over several years.

What's most aggravating about this post and your attitude is knowing what hard graft actually looks like, as the child of a mother who became widowed at a young ago and had to single-handedly raise a child in London with zero financial support, while studying and working. Now that's an inspirational woman. You calling a load of silver spoon kids "very successful and hardworking" and claiming they've earned their success meritocratically is beyond insulting and pathetic. Do get a grip on reality, dear.

Also, you're not really grasping the premise of an internet forum, are you? The whole point is so that people can air opinions on a topic and stimulate discussion. What are you exactly - the thoughts mafia?

Last edited:
  • Heart

doodlebug

VIP Member
I remember when she was Sam Thompson on MIC I always thought back then at the time she was only with sam to get close to Jamie, she always seemed more interested in Jamie than Sam. Then lo and behold they got together. I’ve never liked Sophie, something about her just doesn’t sit right with me.
She’s a social climber, so it’s probably that!

cee-bee

VIP Member
Proudlock’s wife gives me serious pickme vibes and he’s always creeped me out. The misogyny of MIC was at its worst in the early days and IIRC Proudlock was a definite sleazy instigator.

to each their own I guess, but “open” marriages always seem to be one sided and it’s usually the sleazy husband who is the one being “open”. Everything about their relationship seemed weird to me. They were messaging online back and forth for four years before meeting for a date. And their relationship has massively helped raise her profile. They have always seemed a little too keen to present this strong, happy couple/family to me.

so yep I can completely believe he sleeps around and she goes along with it.

Reactions: 23

doodlebug

VIP Member
Speaking of their podcast, he said something BIZARRE yesterday: “women and dogs are the only things on this planet that receive unconditional love” WTF?!!! Starts going off about how women want men to have a good job and earn loads of money and that’s the first thing they ask. But the first thing a man will care about is whether she’s “nice” or not. Sorry, I’m pretty sure the first thing Miles and his cronies would care about is whether she’s hot or not. He’s too stupid to realise that is an expectation in itself. Like I can’t…

And I’m pretty sure the only things on this planet that receive unconditional love are CHILDREN not women WTF

• Wow
  • Heart

m.lifee

I think they both looked amazing, super fun and very on brand for them as someone who genuinely enjoys listening to nearlyweds. They're having the big wedding in Spain so obviously wanted to do something fun in London, I don't see a problem with that, I liked the sunnies and would probably do something similar lol
The dress wasn't my vibe but I think Sophie looked stunning

Sophie did mention on the podcast she's working with a PT to gain some muscle so wonder if she will keep that up post wedding, I think she is slim with no muscle which makes her look a bit frail

• Heart

Leo100

VIP Member
I don't think comments on Paris have been any worse or different to comments on other cast members and I don't see an issue with it. How you can go from saying comments are unwarranted to calling Emily a boiled egg etc, that's just the same thing but about a different person.Everyone has their own opinions and we don't all like the same people usually it's a healthy debate but this is just a big over reaction