Made in Chelsea #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Speaking of Louise I have been watching old seasons of made in chelsea and honestly I’m shocked her and Ryan have lasted! The episodes I watched recently were their two year anniversary and ryan planned gesture after gesture and he said she didn’t even get him so much of a card. Also just watched the engagement episode and she jokes with her mum that she didn’t get Ryan a birthday card and they had quite a few rows before he proposed. She seems so selfish!

Reactions: 16
OK so this might rub some of you the wrong way but I'm alreaaaady sick of Louise mentioning she's pregnant at every chance. I know she's suffered a loss and is probably very happy BUT she's barely 5 minutes pregnant and acting as though she's the first woman to procreate. Her "pregnancy glow" nonsense and stories about her hair "not doing the pregnancy thing" have annoyed me. With her announcement being quite subtle but seemingly open about her fears and the honesty around their loss I was really hoping she wasn't going to go down this route - I guess she's reverted back to her former picture perfect lifestyle once again.

I've noticed since these Chelsea lot have started having kids that they're doing this whole pregnancy is all rainbows and fairies facade. It's infuriating tbh. Yeah in many ways pregnancy is magical and a wonderful time for mother to bond with baby BUT in far more many ways pregnancy is very hard, usually the only "pregnancy glow" you get is sweat from minor movements causing complete exhaustion & in my experience the hair "doing the pregnancy thing" was just shedding and shedding. Not to mention the position of complete privilege they live in, can't imagine Louise worrying about affording all her baby stuff or having to work in a stressful full time job until 9 months. No she can quite happily spend the next 10 months simply washing her face for a couple grand advert payment and popping off to lunch while she posts passive aggressive disclaimers about comments on her posting alcoholic looking drinks as if 1. Anybody is genuinely bleeping bothered about she is or isn't drinking and 2. Would even see said drinks if she wasn't posting it to begin with.
Piss off
I definitely see all of this. I am not a mother so I try not to be harsh because I have heard horror stories about mommy blogging communities being overly critical. But yep, they either try and do the pregnancy is magical or else they pretend they have the same financial limitations that can come with parenting as normal people. I think both can be harmful messages if there is never any nuance.

I think Millie and Binky liked using their pregnancy journey and subsequent births to push annoying sponsored ads on Instagram. Millie in particular always seems to get a lot of gifts from companies and like multiple strollers for some reason/ got free decorating for her nursery/ posts about being a 'working mum' during the pandemic (even though I am pretty sure she and Hugo went away on a few holidays during lockdown just like Spencer and Vogue). Right now they are in Devon, promoting what I think is a sponsored holiday/cottagecore aesthetic. With Binky, I remember she took apart her house and renovated it a few times and got all these sponsors for everything. Louise's reno will probably be revealed as a sponsorship thing when it is time to decorate.

I think what bothers me most about all of them is that they get so many sponsorships and it's either for really nice stuff they can likely afford on their own or for things that are low quality and they would never actually use for their kids or selves outside of the ad.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I definitely see all of this. I am not a mother so I try not to be harsh because I have heard horror stories about mommy blogging communities being overly critical. But yep, they either try and do the pregnancy is magical or else they pretend they have the same financial limitations that can come with parenting as normal people. I think both can be harmful messages if there is never any nuance.

I think Millie and Binky liked using their pregnancy journey and subsequent births to push annoying sponsored ads on Instagram. Millie in particular always seems to get a lot of gifts from companies and like multiple strollers for some reason/ got free decorating for her nursery/ posts about being a 'working mum' during the pandemic (even though I am pretty sure she and Hugo went away on a few holidays during lockdown just like Spencer and Vogue). Right now they are in Devon, promoting what I think is a sponsored holiday/cottagecore aesthetic. With Binky, I remember she took apart her house and renovated it a few times and got all these sponsors for everything. Louise's reno will probably be revealed as a sponsorship thing when it is time to decorate.

I think what bothers me most about all of them is that they get so many sponsorships and it's either for really nice stuff they can likely afford on their own or for things that are low quality and they would never actually use for their kids or selves outside of the ad.
Add Ashley James to that list!

OK so this might rub some of you the wrong way but I'm alreaaaady sick of Louise mentioning she's pregnant at every chance. I know she's suffered a loss and is probably very happy BUT she's barely 5 minutes pregnant and acting as though she's the first woman to procreate. Her "pregnancy glow" nonsense and stories about her hair "not doing the pregnancy thing" have annoyed me. With her announcement being quite subtle but seemingly open about her fears and the honesty around their loss I was really hoping she wasn't going to go down this route - I guess she's reverted back to her former picture perfect lifestyle once again.
I have to say I disagree. It’s her first child, also the first child in the family she’s understandably very excited. I don’t mind her going on about it personally, I’m really happy for them. Pregnancy is different for everyone, I didn’t enjoy mine as I felt so awful but that doesn’t mean other people can’t enjoy theirs.

Reactions: 5
Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased for her and have nothing against her being happy about the pregnancy... my issue is the facade and ignorance around it all. I've stopped following just before I wrote that post but it's not just Louise, it's influencers in general; they do it with a lot of aspects of life but pregnancy is a particularly dangerous one to paint as perfectly magical and easy, imo. Honestly 12 weeks is still very early in a pregnancy and for many people it won't have even impacted their life or body in most ways that she is already talking about yet, some of the stuff she has been posting is just plain nonsense and imo, it comes across as her posting to play some sort of "pregnant woman" role more than to share her genuine experience, tbh. Like the page long last of "cravings" that she posted for one example ffs, that's not cravings that's general hunger...

Anyways though, does anybody have any idea why they have seemingly stopped planning a wedding and decided to the for a baby first? Idk if I missed something

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased for her and have nothing against her being happy about the pregnancy... my issue is the facade and ignorance around it all. I've stopped following just before I wrote that post but it's not just Louise, it's influencers in general; they do it with a lot of aspects of life but pregnancy is a particularly dangerous one to paint as perfectly magical and easy, imo. Honestly 12 weeks is still very early in a pregnancy and for many people it won't have even impacted their life or body in most ways that she is already talking about yet, some of the stuff she has been posting is just plain nonsense and imo, it comes across as her posting to play some sort of "pregnant woman" role more than to share her genuine experience, tbh. Like the page long last of "cravings" that she posted for one example ffs, that's not cravings that's general hunger...

Anyways though, does anybody have any idea why they have seemingly stopped planning a wedding and decided to the for a baby first? Idk if I missed something
Because Louise wants a lavish fairytale wedding which you can't have at the the moment. People have always questioned her loyalty by not marrying Ryan but its obvious she just wants a big wedding so is holding off. She has the baby now so wedding isn't probably so important to her any more as she can dine out on pregnancy for a while.

Reactions: 12
My heart broke for Rez at the end 💔
Where as I was the opposite, I see him as the master manipulator, seems to have been like a long time coming, obviously doesn’t take away from the break up itself but the way they got together is still giving me the creeps!

Reactions: 6
Where as I was the opposite, I see him as the master manipulator, seems to have been like a long time coming, obviously doesn’t take away from the break up itself but the way they got together is still giving me the creeps!
Oh yeah no that relationship was flawed AF, but I had a moment of sympathy for him in the preview

Reactions: 2
The way she smiles when she’s telling Tiff about Miles saying just hurry up and break up with your boyfriend already. Wouldn’t even get a chance to end the relationship with me cos I’d cut that fucker out straight away.

• Heart
I see Habbs has been giving Ruby tips on crying with your throat instead of your eyes 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I think Harvey handled all the drama very well. He explained himself articulately and he does come across like a nice guy (please don't prove me wrong!) So my sympathies weren't exactly with Rez at the start for stirring up trouble. However, not even Rez deserves Ruby's disloyal and disrespectful behaviour. She just does not give one sh*t and all the throat crying in the world didn't change that. Vile.

Reactions: 20
Am I the only one who doesn't like Maeva?

Being French myself (though at this point, I feel more Irish than anything else), I find her irritating & obnoxious. There is the "typical" French woman and her. Not my cup of tea.

How boring would it be without Maeva though? I can't say I've met many French women, but the ones I've met have been quite ... poised and a bit quiet maybe? Definitely not blowing up every 5 minutes like Maeva, so I don't take her as 'typical'.

Reactions: 13
How boring would it be without Maeva though? I can't say I've met many French women, but the ones I've met have been quite ... poised and a bit quiet maybe? Definitely not blowing up every 5 minutes like Maeva, so I don't take her as 'typical'.
I grew up in France myself, she's typical in my eyes. French women tend to be quite loud (at least in France). The typical "French" mean girl from high school.

Reactions: 9
Speaking of Louise I have been watching old seasons of made in chelsea and honestly I’m shocked her and Ryan have lasted! The episodes I watched recently were their two year anniversary and ryan planned gesture after gesture and he said she didn’t even get him so much of a card. Also just watched the engagement episode and she jokes with her mum that she didn’t get Ryan a birthday card and they had quite a few rows before he proposed. She seems so selfish!
I knew she would behave in exactly this manner. Louise is a d head let’s not forget that.

Reactions: 6
Ruby is extremely selfish. You get the feeling if this wasn’t being filmed she’s would’ve done what she clearly usually did and simply cheat on him.
Then he’s even more of a mug! Like the relationship has clearly expired! A long long time ago

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.