Lying about cancer?!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If they’re not trying to get money etc out of you then that makes it even weirder. What kind of sicko pretends to have cancer for the fun of it 🤢

Reactions: 4
I think you need to let go instead of investigating further. You’re honestly wasting your time trying to get to the bottom of this. You won’t.
I have accepted that I won't know why he did what he did, the investigating his numbers etc was a few weeks ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
If they’re not trying to get money etc out of you then that makes it even weirder. What kind of sicko pretends to have cancer for the fun of it 🤢
I think some men will go to extraordinary lengths to stop seeing you while keeping a hold on you at the same time. Nothing surprises me anymore.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I think some men will go to extraordinary lengths to stop seeing you while keeping a hold on you at the same time. Nothing surprises me anymore.
I had one guy ghost me by changing his number 😂. I bumped into him on a night out and when I said "you ghosted me" he went "you know where I live you could have come over". It's like they only want you in their life when it's convenient for them.

• Wow
  • Sad
I definitely don't think they are who they say they are, or that the situation is how they are portraying it. I guess we'll never know the reasons why they've chosen to make up this lie though :/

I tried to connect my Facebook and see if it could find new friend suggestions through numbers, but nothing came up. I think they're probably using a fake / burner phone or are covering their tracks by not associating any number with social media. It's all very odd!
Good to know you tried that already….sounds like burner numbers or something similar.
I would walk/run now while you can and take it as a lesson learnt.

If it makes you feel better a mate of mine started seeing a guy….suddenly she got a call off his number from his ‘brother’ saying he had been in a fight and got nicked. He had charges against him so wasn’t out on bail etc. The guy would call her on occasion from a landline but the brother would stay in touch. Brother asked for my number as he had seen me in her Faceparty pics (that’s how far back we are talking!) - said sure and when he messaged he called me and it was the guy all along!! My mate was full on apparently and it was all a way to get her away from him!! Even used a local phone box as the ‘prison phone’ (he lived near Feltham).
I told my mate straight away and it was the quickest block ever after that. You’re certainly not alone to this kind of BS I promise you

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Good to know you tried that already….sounds like burner numbers or something similar.
I would walk/run now while you can and take it as a lesson learnt.

If it makes you feel better a mate of mine started seeing a guy….suddenly she got a call off his number from his ‘brother’ saying he had been in a fight and got nicked. He had charges against him so wasn’t out on bail etc. The guy would call her on occasion from a landline but the brother would stay in touch. Brother asked for my number as he had seen me in her Faceparty pics (that’s how far back we are talking!) - said sure and when he messaged he called me and it was the guy all along!! My mate was full on apparently and it was all a way to get her away from him!! Even used a local phone box as the ‘prison phone’ (he lived near Feltham).
I told my mate straight away and it was the quickest block ever after that. You’re certainly not alone to this kind of BS I promise you
That is insane! He really got himself caught out when he asked for your number and called you though. I bet your friend was gutted though that he had led her on for no reason. Did he even have a brother?

Why can’t men just be honest and say it’s over? 🥴 Definitely makes me not want to start dating again anytime soon 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’ve honestly given up on men. The good ones are taken or not into women/you. Then we’re left with the leftovers who are mostly nutcases. If they’re too good to be true, then 99.99% of the time, they are!

• Heart
That is insane! He really got himself caught out when he asked for your number and called you though. I bet your friend was gutted though that he had led her on for no reason. Did he even have a brother?
Personally I think he used me as an out cos my mate weren’t giving up holding out for him from what I can gather….I told him that I have to tell her and there was no real arguing against me, so I basically did the hard work for him. For sure she was gutted, she sent him a final text calling him all the names under the sun to get out of her system and moved on from there. It took a while for her to trust again though which is understandable.

We know he had a brother but we can’t say for sure if he had any involvement at all or just had his name dragged into it.

Reactions: 3
Why can’t men just be honest and say it’s over? 🥴 Definitely makes me not want to start dating again anytime soon 😅
A friend asked me last night if I was ready to start dating again. I said no but that I hoped to one day. This stuff puts me off!! It'll just be me with my cats and plants once the children are grown 😅.

• Haha
Personally I think he used me as an out cos my mate weren’t giving up holding out for him from what I can gather….I told him that I have to tell her and there was no real arguing against me, so I basically did the hard work for him. For sure she was gutted, she sent him a final text calling him all the names under the sun to get out of her system and moved on from there. It took a while for her to trust again though which is understandable.

We know he had a brother but we can’t say for sure if he had any involvement at all or just had his name dragged into it.
Just so strange. Why didn't he just tell her he wanted out? Also the dilemma of if he hasn't got the courage to tell her, is making up something like this really better than ghosting?

Sometimes I can be quite blunt when not wanting to go on more dates, but I think at least they know where they stand. There can be no confusion in "I am no longer interested in dating you. Bye".

Reactions: 3
Just so strange. Why didn't he just tell her he wanted out? Also the dilemma of if he hasn't got the courage to tell her, is making up something like this really better than ghosting?

Sometimes I can be quite blunt when not wanting to go on more dates, but I think at least they know where they stand. There can be no confusion in "I am no longer interested in dating you. Bye".
Honestly I have no idea, and couldn’t tell you after all these years. I know she can be pretty full on after a lot of confidence issues etc, but never thought she would have been in that situation.

We weren’t even that local to him either - a good 30min train ride - so would have been easy to ghost or like you say, be honest and just move along.

The only thing I can maybe put it down to was being stupid kids as this was back when we were like 18-19….either way I dread to think how he is going about now and feel sorry AF for any future/current partners!

Reactions: 1
A lot of men tend to just ghost when they’re no longer interested. It’s a cowardly move but it’s better than being strung along. I don’t think he’s stringing her along with this insane story just to keep her around.

If he was just string her along he’d just keep rescheduling dates or tell her he’s busy.

I personally still think he’s after money and hasn’t asked yet but eventually will.

A lot of men tend to just ghost when they’re no longer interested. It’s a cowardly move but it’s better than being strung along. I don’t think he’s stringing her along with this insane story just to keep her around.

If he was just string her along he’d just keep rescheduling dates or tell her he’s busy.

I personally still think he’s after money and hasn’t asked yet but eventually will.
Haha jokes on him I have no money 😂

Honestly I have no idea, and couldn’t tell you after all these years. I know she can be pretty full on after a lot of confidence issues etc, but never thought she would have been in that situation.

We weren’t even that local to him either - a good 30min train ride - so would have been easy to ghost or like you say, be honest and just move along.

The only thing I can maybe put it down to was being stupid kids as this was back when we were like 18-19….either way I dread to think how he is going about now and feel sorry AF for any future/current partners!
Yeah maybe he thought it was kinder to make that sort of excuse? It just seems like a lot of effort!

Reactions: 2
I've dated quite a few people where I didn't know their last name. If I meet them out and about it's not something I'd ask and it just didn't come up in conversation I guess 😅 . I never thought something like this would happen where having their last name would be helpful for looking them up.
Do you have mobile banking? Go to the send your contacts money part of your mobile banking, if there is a bank linked to that phone number, you have a name.

• Wow
Haha jokes on him I have no money 😂

Yeah maybe he thought it was kinder to make that sort of excuse? It just seems like a lot of effort!
Christ knows, prob best not to wonder what goes through a teenage boys head 😂 way too much effort for my liking and a pretty lucky escape for my mate if you ask me!! But at least you know you’re not the only one these morons BS to…..and more than likely a lucky escape for you too! X

At this point, id just ask outright what he/they're playing at because its clearly bullshit!