Lydia Millen #97 Nicky and Claire enjoying playdates; should've apologised Billy no-mates!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tattlers also speculated on the last thread that Aldi might have asked Lydiot to upload his vlog last Wed (England v Denmark) as he was most likely watching the match. Of course, there was no vlog and no excuse made. Do we think Wifey for Lifey/Wifty for Lifty didn’t manage this one task?
Did she not miss an upload recently? Maybe they had a week of ding dongs in the bunga?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I found her behavior around the picnic basket #PR from Estee Lauder so odd. She is going on and on about the basket, not the product. I am sure the Estee Lauder team sent her PR for her to talk about the product a bit no? She called the product "pricey"- not very positive I say. Then she goes on about how PR gifts have become less extravagant (well hers have for sure anyway) and how she can actually use this one..... I feel that it is so rude and strange. Just me? :I

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I found her behavior around the picnic basket #PR from Estee Lauder so odd. She is going on and on about the basket, not the product. I am sure the Estee Lauder team sent her PR for her to talk about the product a bit no? She called the product "pricey"- not very positive I say. Then she goes on about how PR gifts have become less extravagant (well hers have for sure anyway) and how she can actually use this one..... I feel that it is so rude and strange. Just me? :I
So very telling! It might be because it contains items with have her initials on. It’s all about her and how important enough she is. Me me me me me. She tends to make a lot of things about her.

Reactions: 33
The fact alone that she put the Revive and Estee Lauder products in an Elemis vlog is shameful. All the PR goodies they sent when she gave little or no airtime. With regard to the Revive hydrating mist (rrp £100) she has already replaced it with the Kefir Tea Elemis spray but she still got sent champagne, personalised glasses and a vase by Revive. Mind boggling to be honest. Three different brands in one vlog. Greedy and ignorant.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
The fact alone that she put the Revive and Estee Lauder products in an Elemis vlog is shameful. All the PR goodies they sent when she gave little or no airtime. With regard to the Revive hydrating mist (rrp £100) she has already replaced it with the Kefir Tea Elemis spray but she still got sent champagne, personalised glasses and a vase by Revive. Mind boggling to be honest. Three different brands in one vlog. Greedy and ignorant.
Personally I think this demonstrates the issue with the 'influencer' industry. Obviously Lydia doesn't have an exclusive arrangement with a particular skincare brand. If she did, it would be pretty rotten to advertise or promote a competing brand in the same vlog (or at all, frankly). The brands get what they get to be honest, and I don't think they really care. It seems like they send out products in the hopes that they will get a mention, and if it encourages people like you and me to purchase with our 'real' money, then all the better. (Also, don't forget - these products are of zero dollar value to the brands - it's like sending out a tester to a retail outlet).

Brands deserve what they get. I wonder when they will realise that nowadays influencers are actually turning potential customers away from their products, rather than the opposite. Of course, I am only voicing one opinion (my own), but it seems to be a common thread that runs through these discussions. (I don't know about anyone else - but when I see a whiff of an advert - particularly with Josie, I fast forward). I'm not interested in being sold to anymore and I no longer trust any of these influencers who are overtly effusive about whatever they've been gifted. Show me that you've gone out off your own back and purchased product with your own money, and have been loyal to a particular brand for years and then I might change my mind. (Best example of this is Victoria and Alumier MD). Being a poor student has probably helped with this! LOL.

Just my two cents worth. 🥰:m

Oh by golly - thank you for this - I do hope I'll be able to view it if not in the UK. (I'll call it 'preparation' for my media law course). :sneaky:;)

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Could she not have got a gas one and installed something more in keeping like this?
I guess it would be more expensive and she'll hate fire pits in a few weeks anyway 🤷
Screenshot_20210710-135036.png

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Personally I think this demonstrates the issue with the 'influencer' industry. Obviously Lydia doesn't have an exclusive arrangement with a particular skincare brand. If she did, it would be pretty rotten to advertise or promote a competing brand in the same vlog (or at all, frankly). The brands get what they get to be honest, and I don't think they really care. It seems like they send out products in the hopes that they will get a mention, and if it encourages people like you and me to purchase with our 'real' money, then all the better. (Also, don't forget - these products are of zero dollar value to the brands - it's like sending out a tester to a retail outlet).

Brands deserve what they get. I wonder when they will realise that nowadays influencers are actually turning potential customers away from their products, rather than the opposite. Of course, I am only voicing one opinion (my own), but it seems to be a common thread that runs through these discussions. (I don't know about anyone else - but when I see a whiff of an advert - particularly with Josie, I fast forward). I'm not interested in being sold to anymore and I no longer trust any of these influencers who are overtly effusive about whatever they've been gifted. Show me that you've gone out off your own back and purchased product with your own money, and have been loyal to a particular brand for years and then I might change my mind. (Best example of this is Victoria and Alumier MD). Being a poor student has probably helped with this! LOL.

Just my two cents worth. 🥰:m

Oh by golly - thank you for this - I do hope I'll be able to view it if not in the UK. (I'll call it 'preparation' for my media law course). :sneaky:;)
I agree. They actually dissuade me from buying the products too. I just feel putting three skincare brands in the same vlog is disrespectful to the brands but, like you say, that’s up to them.

To cap it all, she’s way more excited by her cleaning spray than any of the beauty products.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Could she not have got a gas one and installed something more in keeping like this?
I guess it would be more expensive and she'll hate fire pits in a few weeks anyway 🤷View attachment 656377
I was wondering the same thing regarding the gas/propane. I mean, she has that in her greenhouse! She really does come up with the weirdest ideas in my eyes, or at the very least gets some extremely poor recommendations from the professionals that she engages.

Reactions: 20
Jamie Genevieve and now Victoria with NARS...

Where's Waldo Lydiot?

No brand invites to Wimbledon for Lydiot either?

Burn...

inthefrow Wimbledon.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Omg you are so right!!!! She only talked about the picnic basket and items and how everything was engraved with her initials and how she was going to use it in her HIKe (with Josie and Charlie) the next day.

Also that whole “tub” of face cream demonstration in her wrinkly PJs was so unprofessional. She’s literally there with the brand and is absolutely clueless as to the product she’s trying. She’s reading about it out loud and “oh wowing” Reminded me of Ghd where she didn’t bother to try to learn about it before her hotel stay. Lazzzzzy

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 35
Omg you are so right!!!! She only talked about the picnic basket and items and how everything was engraved. Also that whole “tub” of Elemis demonstration in her wrinkly PJs was so unprofessional. She’s literally there with the brand and is absolutely clueless as to the product she’s trying. She’s reading about it out loud and oh wowing. Reminded me of Ghd where she didn’t bother to try to learn about it before her hotel stay. Lazzzzzy
Plus she kept saying how she had to stop using the cleansing balm/couldn't use it but didn't explain why. Was it a change in her skin or was the formula changed?

Reactions: 22
Well she just advertised that Elemis cream. How could she advertise another cream within the same week. Supposedly she only supports products she uses and loves. Am I the only one that never heard her talk about Elemis before?🤔

Reactions: 25
Plus she kept saying how she had to stop using the cleansing balm/couldn't use it but didn't explain why. Was it a change in her skin or was the formula changed?
It was a change in her sponsor 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.