Lydia Millen #87 Poor Porter has been disregarded, pheasant wallpaper is to be restarted.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love Downshiftology - didn’t she get like 2m views on how to poach eggs properly? It was during first lockdown, I think! She has amazing recipes.
She's so calm, relaxing and pure! The ultimate contrast to Lydia.
Somehow during our lockdown, (let's put this into context - I'm in New Zealand, so this was only for four weeks! 😂) my clothes spontaneously shrank, and I needed help. I originally got onto her channel while trying to investigate what people should eat when they have Crohn's disease (my husband was diagnosed with this a couple of years ago).

• Heart
Reactions: 12
OMG Lydiot was given placemats AND she has some that she bought herself - the round grass ones. Why why why don't they use them ? Why is Ali eating with his plate on the table runner ? I know I seem petty but c'mon, that table runner is for decorative purposes.
The placemats are probably in the greedhouse as decoration awaiting a candlelit supper.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Absolutely agree with everything that you say regarding Lisa Eldridge.
Never heard of Ca$$ie Thorpe - must check her out!
Sophie Shohet is fabulous! I've followed along with her for at least 5 years now, and she's so calm, balanced, knowledgeable and the entire opposite of the other girls that crop up here. Love her love of cars as well. ;)
I agree with you regarding Frow - she is what she is...but she does work her butt off. At least she doesn't do massive sales pitches like Josephine! LOL.
I'll definitely have a look at some of your options. I've often thought that life is too short to watch some of these channels that wind us up the wrong way.
For 'design' (although I know it's so subjective), I really enjoy Studio McGee and Chris Loves Julia. You probably already know both of them though.
For quiet contemplation and inspiration, I love Northern Heart. She's not uploading at the moment, probably due to ill health - but all of her videos are stunningly shot, and she has such a beautiful heart. Also The Cottage Fairy, Parisienne Farmgirl, and Fairyland Cottage.
For wardrobe/fashion - down to earth stuff - you can't go past Justine Leconte - honest! And of course, Emma Hill.
My favourite food channel is Downshiftology - so lovely! And healthy. ;) (That's not really me, but I can dream).
If you like horses, Matt Harnacke is a great watch, as is Joseph Newcombe. There's something very relaxing about dressage training! LOL.

Apologies if these recommendations are out of line - just thought a bit of positivity goes a long way, and I'm always up for new recommendations! :)
Matt and Joseph are my favourites.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'm not one to stick up for Lydia, you can read my past posts to see that. But I am going to defend her now.

To me, her skin does not look bad in those stories. Yes she has pores, minor acne and some fine hairs. But don't we all. That is what REAL unfiltered skin looks like close up. There are Instagram accounts such as @beauty.false that show many celebrities and influencers with side by side pictures of filtered and unfiltered skin so you can see just how much gets edited out. Nobody is immune to skin texture, not even them.

I personally can't see how Lydia can do right here, if when she uses beauty filters people complain about her being fake, but when she embraces her real skin texture she is also criticised.
I agree with this. I find it quite reassuring to see her non-filtered pictures where you can see the skin texture and imperfections. Also, Lydia's (mild) acne - I have sympathy with this too. I developed really bad acne in my mid- 20's and it was just horrible. My forehead was absolutely covered in spots and every day the first thing I'd do when I woke up was check to see if any more spots had appeared overnight! I also had them on my jaw (same as Lydia) and found myself wearing more and more cakey make up to cover them up. People would also give me lots of unsolicited (and unwanted) advice regarding diet ("drink more water" or "it's because you eat too many packets of crisps"!!) which was all total rubbish and made me even more self conscious. What switched my acne off was prescription strength Retin A and a really well formulated BHA (Paula's Choice). I cannot recommend these products enough to any fellow sufferers!!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
That caption about the homemade focaccia waiting on the butchers block to go in the oven SURELY must be tongue in cheek? It’s like a parody of something a pretentious person would say to try to impress.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I adore Lisa Eldridge - there's something so calming about her. Did anyone watch her recent series about makeup through the ages? It was really good!! So much better to listen to someone who is an expert in their field instead of the likes of Lydia and her fellow so called "influencers"!!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Yes! Lisa Eldridge is amazing and her voice is so soothing. She is a professional and well earned successful makeup artist and she speaks to what she knows. I don’t think she shows products just to advertise them and I LOVE her history of makeup videos. I feel like she’s really showing things she loves or trialing them. I’ve learned so much and have bought some products that I love.

I’d love to hear who others recommend but Ca$$ie Thorpe absolutely cracks me up EVERY TIME. Sophie Sohet is very authentic and enjoyable to watch.

Amelia Rose Closet & Hello catwalk city are just doing this handbag video thing for the love of it and seem to spend their own money on bags... like Sophie. I like that I can listen to their videos on walks and glance down quickly to see the item.

LVloverCC Charis... at first I was a mix of turned off and mesmerized by the constant bag buying... but more recently her vlogging with her family has me hooked. I love watching her with her family. She’s lovely.

And I do still like watching Tamara. She pulls off some looks that are so “fashion” I could never attempt, but from a creative standpoint I like to see what she’s up to from time to time. I try to take what she’s showing with a grain of salt but at least it’s real fashion and not playing dress up like. I like watching Frow and keep in mind that a lot of the content is sponsored but she does work hard and is very positive and has a fashion eye. Others are interior and cooking accounts....
Lol, am I you ? Are you me ? 😂 Have you hacked into my Youtube playlist ?😛

You know what else I love about Sophie Shohet ? With all her designer bags and luxury cars, she is so down-to-earth. And intelligent. And I really like her hubby ! He has great taste in fashion and he has a very dry sense of humour, such a lovely couple.
And more importantly, Sophie has discussed once or twice (in subscriber Q & A's) why her and her husband have decided not to have children. No dramatics AND NO CLICKBAIT TITLES from Sophie regarding her decision.

Love Charis ! She loves shopping but hey, she doesn't hide it or make excuses about her love for fashion or shopping. And she is likeable. Like you, I really enjoy the family vlog time esp when she does a cooking segment !!!
I also like Wenwen Stokes - she lives in London and Vietnam, and has a very quirky sense of fashion.
Mel Soldera is also great - she is really into fashion esp vintage bags !

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I'm not one to stick up for Lydia, you can read my past posts to see that. But I am going to defend her now.

To me, her skin does not look bad in those stories. Yes she has pores, minor acne and some fine hairs. But don't we all. That is what REAL unfiltered skin looks like close up. There are Instagram accounts such as @beauty.false that show many celebrities and influencers with side by side pictures of filtered and unfiltered skin so you can see just how much gets edited out. Nobody is immune to skin texture, not even them.

I personally can't see how Lydia can do right here, if when she uses beauty filters people complain about her being fake, but when she embraces her real skin texture she is also criticised.
I think that her advertising skincare while being on roaccutane is wrong. Even if this is her skin without filters, she is using very strong medicine to clear it. Even without filter, this is a lie.

Reactions: 22
I love it when Joseph gets all philosophical. He's a real thinker. What I don't quite understand is the overpriced horses!! Did you see the results of the auction the other day? Mate. I suppose as I'm in New Zealand, we're not that great at dressage (to be brutally honest), but we do eventing REALLY well! Mark Todd would win international competitions on homebred thoroughbreds. (Actually...probably best if I don't go down this track as I get a touch opinionated). 😂
Side note though - how handsome is Matt!!?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Just watched part of the assumptions video again.. so.. Lydia talks about her brand and how a lot of people were criticising it because it’s made in China, she then says that she thought ‘what are you writing this comment on, an iPhone? An iPad?, probably something that was made in China, I’ve never seen things being made in China as a bad thing, most of my designer items are made in China, and it made me feel uncomfortable that everyone was slagging it off’ (not her exact words but the jist) .. Lydia, lol, you do know that China is the hub of sweatshops? That is one of the main reasons that people look down on Chinese manufacturing.. also, not to be all high and mighty because yes I am writing this on an iPhone, but Apple has come under fire for being linked to forced slave labour in China. Did Lydia go to the factories where her items were made? No. What does she actually know about the factories? It’s not people being racist, but Lydia likely used a Chinese factory to make cheap items that she then marked up and sold for £50 at maximum profit. If Lydia can’t think critically like that then I dunno what to say tbh 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Absolutely agree with everything that you say regarding Lisa Eldridge.
Never heard of Ca$$ie Thorpe - must check her out!
Sophie Shohet is fabulous! I've followed along with her for at least 5 years now, and she's so calm, balanced, knowledgeable and the entire opposite of the other girls that crop up here. Love her love of cars as well. ;)
I agree with you regarding Frow - she is what she is...but she does work her butt off. At least she doesn't do massive sales pitches like Josephine! LOL.
I'll definitely have a look at some of your options. I've often thought that life is too short to watch some of these channels that wind us up the wrong way.
For 'design' (although I know it's so subjective), I really enjoy Studio McGee and Chris Loves Julia. You probably already know both of them though.
For quiet contemplation and inspiration, I love Northern Heart. She's not uploading at the moment, probably due to ill health - but all of her videos are stunningly shot, and she has such a beautiful heart. Also The Cottage Fairy, Parisienne Farmgirl, and Fairyland Cottage.
For wardrobe/fashion - down to earth stuff - you can't go past Justine Leconte - honest! And of course, Emma Hill.
My favourite food channel is Downshiftology - so lovely! And healthy. ;) (That's not really me, but I can dream).
If you like horses, Matt Harnacke is a great watch, as is Joseph Newcombe. There's something very relaxing about dressage training! LOL.

Apologies if these recommendations are out of line - just thought a bit of positivity goes a long way, and I'm always up for new recommendations! :)
I hear you, esp re Sophie, Lisa and Justine, have you come across Emily Wheatley? She has a small following and superficially reminds me of
Lydia although that’s where the similarity ends. I keep asking myself why I‘m intrigued by Lydia and I think it’s because she‘s inauthentic and false, she self sabotages everything she does. Shame really as she’d have more respect if she didnt come across as superior and entitled, she’s just a beautiful gal from Watford that got lucky.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Just watched part of the assumptions video again.. so.. Lydia talks about her brand and how a lot of people were criticising it because it’s made in China, she then says that she thought ‘what are you writing this comment on, an iPhone? An iPad?, probably something that was made in China, I’ve never seen things being made in China as a bad thing, most of my designer items are made in China, and it made me feel uncomfortable that everyone was slagging it off’ (not her exact words but the jist) .. Lydia, lol, you do know that China is the hub of sweatshops? That is one of the main reasons that people look down on Chinese manufacturing.. also, not to be all high and mighty because yes I am writing this on an iPhone, but Apple has come under fire for being linked to forced slave labour in China. Did Lydia go to the factories where her items were made? No. What does she actually know about the factories? It’s not people being racist, but Lydia likely used a Chinese factory to make cheap items that she then marked up and sold for £50 at maximum profit. If Lydia can’t think critically like that then I dunno what to say tbh 🤦🏼‍♀️
Pretty much most of the time she leaves me speechless too with her arrogance, lies, bullying ways, the way she treats Aldi and Porter and her mum, the desperate need for more stuff and more money and the fake way she lives her life.

Reactions: 16
I adore Lisa Eldridge - there's something so calming about her. Did anyone watch her recent series about makeup through the ages? It was really good!! So much better to listen to someone who is an expert in their field instead of the likes of Lydia and her fellow so called "influencers"!!
SO TRUE!!! I couldn't believe it when I started working in cosmetics (part-time job while I was at Uni - I'm not really one of 'them'), and needed some inspo on 'proper' makeup - that Lydia actually used to do 'tutorials'. 😂
Yes, I watched that series. She is so passionate and so knowledgeable. Cosmetics isn't my career, but she truly does inspire. (Love her less is more approach - I mean, her with spot concealing - WOW! Puts all these YouTubers to shame who smear concealer over their entire face - and then proceed to put foundation on! LOL. I digress...
Have you ever bought any of her lipsticks? I would love to invest in her company due to her ethics, but haven't as yet.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The trouble with Lydia and her skin is that she just isn't honest. I too, prefer seeing real skin with pores and all the usual imperfections we get, but the only reason Lydia is now showing this is due to the change in laws which mean influencers can't use any skin filters at all while advertising beauty product. Otherwise, we would just get the filtered version, like we do in her vlogs.

She has made so, so many claims over the years that x,y and z products have 'totally transformed' her skin, and just as she's about to advertise another skin product, she conveniently has bad skin the week before that said miracle product cures. EVERY DAMN TIME! She even claimed one particular product was so good, she swore she was never use anything else ever on her face......4 weeks later, another ad for another product.

Just like with everything else, she is so desperate for every aspect of her life to appear perfect, she is so inconsistent and dishonest. I couldn't care less what her skin is really like, nor would I judge her for having bad skin, but she will say anything to flog a product and earn her commission which I hate.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I hear you, esp re Sophie, Lisa and Justine, have you come across Emily Wheatley? She has a small following and superficially reminds me of
Lydia although that’s where the similarity ends. I keep asking myself why I‘m intrigued by Lydia and I think it’s because she‘s inauthentic and false, she self sabotages everything she does. Shame really as she’d have more respect if she didnt come across as superior and entitled, she’s just a beautiful gal from Watford that got lucky.
I haven't heard of Emily! **Adds Emily Wheatley to the list...**
It's a shame about Lydia - smugness doesn't suit her.
Also - I've always wanted to tell you this - LOVE your username!! Massive Sophie Kinsella fan here...it's my guilty pleasure! ❤ 😂 ;)

Totally! Two words Lydia - living wage.

Reactions: 9
Lol, am I you ? Are you me ? 😂 Have you hacked into my Youtube playlist ?😛

You know what else I love about Sophie Shohet ? With all her designer bags and luxury cars, she is so down-to-earth. And intelligent. And I really like her hubby ! He has great taste in fashion and he has a very dry sense of humour, such a lovely couple.
And more importantly, Sophie has discussed once or twice (in subscriber Q & A's) why her and her husband have decided not to have children. No dramatics AND NO CLICKBAIT TITLES from Sophie regarding her decision.

Love Charis ! She loves shopping but hey, she doesn't hide it or make excuses about her love for fashion or shopping. And she is likeable. Like you, I really enjoy the family vlog time esp when she does a cooking segment !!!
I also like Wenwen Stokes - she lives in London and Vietnam, and has a very quirky sense of fashion.
Mel Soldera is also great - she is really into fashion esp vintage bags !
Haha! Love this! I do agree with all of your postings so I’m not surprised we like same peeps!

Like Mel but I’ve drifted away a bit due to how much content she’s been churning out. 2 YouTube channels and so many stories... I can’t keep up. But she’s fun to watch.

Can’t wait to check out yours and other tattlers suggestions!

Lydia... here is the honest truth...

F0306F26-6D44-4077-AC86-07C3FB7C766A.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.