Lydia Millen #87 Poor Porter has been disregarded, pheasant wallpaper is to be restarted.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think he’s middle class at best. Lydia too.

I’m finding her comments about pregnancy ruining her body really, really offensive. I’m 9 months pregnant and have every intention of getting back into the shape I was pre-baby and I know lots and lots of women do this. They don’t ‘ruin’ their bodies or looks by having children, and her airing her so-called concerns that it does is out of line. Lydia has done enough this year to hurt a pregnant woman, I wish she’d leave the rest of us alone and stop projecting her fears about ruining her body.
Congratulations!! I’m 7 months pregnant with my third (within 5 years). A lot of the changes to your body are temporary, don’t worry. Some things might change permanently but not always for the worse. My feet are half a size bigger than pre-kids, which is something I barely think about frankly! But I have other friends who ended up slimmer overall, some who started off with small chests ended up with a bit more filling their bras which they were happy with, etc. It’s not all doom and gloom. You’ll still be you on the other side, just with a beautiful new baby to show for it ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 25
BANANA 🍌 is back! 🤣🤣🤣

I’m loving listening to her make an idiot of herself. One of the only brands willing to work with her is to advertise a banana product and she has to say it over and over. And she’s trying to do it with an empty tube... they couldn’t even bother to send her new product. Lol

Oh look at me I’m so Bleary eyed because I’ve been looking at a computer. But lookey here, this Banana low lighter and a cup of tea will calm me down 😝

EA4729A1-41A3-4EE7-8BD1-977648E07C4D.jpeg

DDDCB126-1BFA-4AE3-A7BA-B605AADD8282.jpeg

78BDB641-35CA-4461-94D6-EB58A5735C61.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Her skin is a mess - she changes products all the time, too many fillers and treatments - and of course the state of her lips! Why are brands still asking her to promote makeup - i mean she looks awful. Rodial being the latest!
Ewwww shelf lips and a bulbous plastic nose!!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
BANANA 🍌 is back! 🤣🤣🤣

I’m loving listening to her make an idiot of herself. One of the only brands willing to work with her is to advertise a banana product and she has to say it over and over. And she’s trying to do it with an empty tube... they couldn’t even bother to send her new product. Lol

Oh look at me I’m so Bleary eyed because I’ve been looking at a computer. But lookey here, this Banana low lighter and a cup of tea will calm me down 😝

View attachment 570793
Yes apparently she has had a last minute invitation to go out...... Dives into an advert for Rodial 🙄

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21

BANANA 🍌 is back! 🤣🤣🤣

View attachment 570793
View attachment 570797
The poor wee thing - looking at the computer allllll morning!!

I was thinking about what you were saying about the smaller YouTube channels, and this 'tutorial' (bleugh...I hate referring to her makeup ramblings like that), reminded me of Wayne Goss. Does anyone follow him? He's got a huge following, but for makeup he is fantastic. Lisa Eldridge is another one - the most beautiful, lovely person. Well worth a look if you are interested in that sort of stuff. :) xx

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Saw this article on DM and thought of Lady Lidl googling in the bungalow 'Where to buy a family coat of arms?'

40 SIGNS THAT YOU ARE GENUINELY POSH, ACCORDING TO BRITS
1. You went to boarding school - 34%
2. You have antiques and family heirlooms - 28%
3. You have a wine cellar - 26%
4. You have paintings of your ancestors - 26%
5. You belong to an old private members club - 25%
6. You NEVER discuss money - 25%
7. You call your parents 'mummy' and 'daddy', even when you are an adult - 24%
8. You have a family coat of arms - 23%
9. You ride horses - 22%
10. Your dinner parties are catered - 22%
11. You know how to eat properly with a knife and fork (you would never say cutlery) - 20%
12. You have a gardener - 20%
13. You call dinner 'supper' - 20%
14. You have silver - 19%
15. You send proper invites to parties in the post - 18%
16. You have a family tree - 17%
17, You shoot - 17%
18. You ski - 16%
19. You wear tweed jackets - 16%
20. You call everyone darling - 16%
21. You play croquet - 15%
22. You ask people, 'where did you school'? - 15%
23. You call Champagne 'Champers' - 14%
24. You call the toilet 'the loo' - 14%
25. You drive an old Land Rover Defender - 14%
26. You wear an old Barbour jacket - 13%
27. You know Latin - 13%
28. You have shelves full of books - 13%
29. You eat partridge and grouse - 13%
30. You call their friends by their second names - 12%
31. You are good at small talk - 12%
32. You have a double-barreled name - 12%
33. You love cricket - 12%
34. You wear a gilet - 11%
35. You like rugby but not football - 11%
36. You say 'napkin' instead of 'serviette' - 10%
37. You laugh very loudly - 10%
38. You have an Aga - 10%
39. You prefer loose leaf tea to tea bags - 10%
40. You live in wellies - 9%

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Saw this article on DM and thought of Lady Lidl googling in the bungalow 'Where to buy a family coat of arms?'

40 SIGNS THAT YOU ARE GENUINELY POSH, ACCORDING TO BRITS
1. You went to boarding school - 34%
2. You have antiques and family heirlooms - 28%
3. You have a wine cellar - 26%
4. You have paintings of your ancestors - 26%
5. You belong to an old private members club - 25%
6. You NEVER discuss money - 25%
7. You call your parents 'mummy' and 'daddy', even when you are an adult - 24%
8. You have a family coat of arms - 23%
9. You ride horses - 22%
10. Your dinner parties are catered - 22%
11. You know how to eat properly with a knife and fork (you would never say cutlery) - 20%
12. You have a gardener - 20%
13. You call dinner 'supper' - 20%
14. You have silver - 19%
15. You send proper invites to parties in the post - 18%
16. You have a family tree - 17%
17, You shoot - 17%
18. You ski - 16%
19. You wear tweed jackets - 16%
20. You call everyone darling - 16%
21. You play croquet - 15%
22. You ask people, 'where did you school'? - 15%
23. You call Champagne 'Champers' - 14%
24. You call the toilet 'the loo' - 14%
25. You drive an old Land Rover Defender - 14%
26. You wear an old Barbour jacket - 13%
27. You know Latin - 13%
28. You have shelves full of books - 13%
29. You eat partridge and grouse - 13%
30. You call their friends by their second names - 12%
31. You are good at small talk - 12%
32. You have a double-barreled name - 12%
33. You love cricket - 12%
34. You wear a gilet - 11%
35. You like rugby but not football - 11%
36. You say 'napkin' instead of 'serviette' - 10%
37. You laugh very loudly - 10%
38. You have an Aga - 10%
39. You prefer loose leaf tea to tea bags - 10%
40. You live in wellies - 9%
It's literally Josephine in nutshell!! 😱

Is that badly applied highlighter or you can literally see the round spot of filler on her nose?!
The line that she creates across her nose is 'quite something'. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 13
In the assumptions video at 32:59 she lists one of the reasons that she didn't get on with her mom was that they are both Italian ... ummmmm Lydia there is an entire country called Italy that has an extremely family oriented culture where families live together and get on with each other and everyone is ... Italian

If she could just be real for one second on her platform she could have used this as an opportunity to connect with her audience. Many of us have problems with family members and have had or have toxic relationships whether it's because of mistakes we have made or we come from dysfunctional households or both. This could have been a point of discussion, learning, bonding, and a time for her to exhibit some depth. Admitting you aren't perfect and don't have a picture perfect life is relatable!
She’s an idiot and she isn’t Italian, she has grandparents who are Italian, and so there is possibly that small influence, like my grandma is Irish but I am not. Does she realise that personality traits aren’t like.. genetic to a certain country (am I making sense?) as in, if I (a white English person) had been adopted at birth by a Japanese family and brought up in Japan, I most likely would not exhibit British personality traits (do I make sense?)

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I think unless she's claiming the products get rid of enlarged pores/blemishes I think this is fine? I have products that I love and I feel work really well for me but it's pretty unrealistic to state that they'd make me look absolutely flawless (who is anyway?). They just improve my skin, I think it's positive that she's not blurring her skin with filters unlike a lot of influencers do when promoting products.
I'd love to have skin like this 😅
She does use a filter and she uses one in her vlogs also when talking about how her skin is “perfect”. Which it isn’t, that’s fine. The issue is her trying to sell these amazing and “game changing” products when a) she doesn’t use them correctly, b) does not show what her skin really and truly looks like whilst using them and c) every few weeks she changes her “life changing” skin routine. Anyone who knows anything about skin care knows it can take a few weeks to kick in, changing it every week does absolutely no favours for your skin what’s so ever. She just uses any product she is paid to use and promotes it as “the dream, game changing” and claims it cures her acne when she is on medication for it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
Lydiot Millen's Guide To Elegance: Me Thinks Not

What in the fresh hell is this?

We all know Lydiot's two brain cells didn't collaborate to write this:

"The queen famously drank from her finger bowl after seeing one of her foreign guests drink from it accidentally, thinking that it was part of their meal. She wanted to make him feel comfortable, and not embarrassed by the social blunder. That, my friends, is class and grace."

Lydia,

Josie, here.

Good morning my darling. I want my dress (and life) back.

Lydia Millen Tries To Be Josie.png

the blog? 😂

I can hardly wait.
Oh... it's divine. A divine tragedy.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Could you recommend some of them? ♥

So interesting… Regarding the cuts I noticed that there were so many on her last video that the lighting kept changing very abruptly from sunny to cloudy.

I agree about the Nicky thing. I also think that lockdown has affected her mentally more than what she likes to portray.

The poor wee thing - looking at the computer allllll morning!!

I was thinking about what you were saying about the smaller YouTube channels, and this 'tutorial' (bleugh...I hate referring to her makeup ramblings like that), reminded me of Wayne Goss. Does anyone follow him? He's got a huge following, but for makeup he is fantastic. Lisa Eldridge is another one - the most beautiful, lovely person. Well worth a look if you are interested in that sort of stuff. :) xx
Yes! Lisa Eldridge is amazing and her voice is so soothing. She is a professional and well earned successful makeup artist and she speaks to what she knows. I don’t think she shows products just to advertise them and I LOVE her history of makeup videos. I feel like she’s really showing things she loves or trialing them. I’ve learned so much and have bought some products that I love.

I’d love to hear who others recommend but Ca$$ie Thorpe absolutely cracks me up EVERY TIME. Sophie Sohet is very authentic and enjoyable to watch.

Amelia Rose Closet & Hello catwalk city are just doing this handbag video thing for the love of it and seem to spend their own money on bags... like Sophie. I like that I can listen to their videos on walks and glance down quickly to see the item.

LVloverCC Charis... at first I was a mix of turned off and mesmerized by the constant bag buying... but more recently her vlogging with her family has me hooked. I love watching her with her family. She’s lovely.

And I do still like watching Tamara. She pulls off some looks that are so “fashion” I could never attempt, but from a creative standpoint I like to see what she’s up to from time to time. I try to take what she’s showing with a grain of salt but at least it’s real fashion and not playing dress up like. I like watching Frow and keep in mind that a lot of the content is sponsored but she does work hard and is very positive and has a fashion eye. Others are interior and cooking accounts....

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Oh in the story just before that... she was putting on her 🍌 to head out to some invitation/event. Next story... sitting in her glued to the floor chair, on her phone, watching Ali make sponsored bread on their “sold out” cutting hoard. This is precisely what bugs me.

Don’t lie and contrive to find some excuse to show us a paid for makeup partnership. Be happy to work with them and say it and say this is how I like to use it. 😝

And I’m DESPERATE for her to re-hang that painting to cover up that shiny giant electrical socket on the wall! That and eating right on the table runner every day are making me 🤯

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Yes! Lisa Eldridge is amazing and her voice is so soothing. She is a professional and well earned successful makeup artist and she speaks to what she knows. I don’t think she shows products just to advertise them and I LOVE her history of makeup videos. I feel like she’s really showing things she loves or trialing them. I’ve learned so much and have bought some products that I love.

I’d love to hear who others recommend but Ca$$ie Thorpe absolutely cracks me up EVERY TIME. Sophie Sohet is very authentic and enjoyable to watch.

Amelia Rose Closet & Hello catwalk city are just doing this handbag video thing for the love of it and seem to spend their own money on bags... like Sophie. I like that I can listen to their videos on walks and glance down quickly to see the item.

LVloverCC Charis... at first I was a mix of turned off and mesmerized by the constant bag buying... but more recently her vlogging with her family has me hooked. I love watching her with her family. She’s lovely.

And I do still like watching Tamara. She pulls off some looks that are so “fashion” I could never attempt, but from a creative standpoint I like to see what she’s up to from time to time. I try to take what she’s showing with a grain of salt but at least it’s real fashion and not playing dress up like. I like watching Frow and keep in mind that a lot of the content is sponsored but she does work hard and is very positive and has a fashion eye. Others are interior and cooking accounts....
Absolutely agree with everything that you say regarding Lisa Eldridge.
Never heard of Ca$$ie Thorpe - must check her out!
Sophie Shohet is fabulous! I've followed along with her for at least 5 years now, and she's so calm, balanced, knowledgeable and the entire opposite of the other girls that crop up here. Love her love of cars as well. ;)
I agree with you regarding Frow - she is what she is...but she does work her butt off. At least she doesn't do massive sales pitches like Josephine! LOL.
I'll definitely have a look at some of your options. I've often thought that life is too short to watch some of these channels that wind us up the wrong way.
For 'design' (although I know it's so subjective), I really enjoy Studio McGee and Chris Loves Julia. You probably already know both of them though.
For quiet contemplation and inspiration, I love Northern Heart. She's not uploading at the moment, probably due to ill health - but all of her videos are stunningly shot, and she has such a beautiful heart. Also The Cottage Fairy, Parisienne Farmgirl, and Fairyland Cottage.
For wardrobe/fashion - down to earth stuff - you can't go past Justine Leconte - honest! And of course, Emma Hill.
My favourite food channel is Downshiftology - so lovely! And healthy. ;) (That's not really me, but I can dream).
If you like horses, Matt Harnacke is a great watch, as is Joseph Newcombe. There's something very relaxing about dressage training! LOL.

Apologies if these recommendations are out of line - just thought a bit of positivity goes a long way, and I'm always up for new recommendations! :)

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.