Lydia Millen #87 Poor Porter has been disregarded, pheasant wallpaper is to be restarted.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love Downshiftology - didn’t she get like 2m views on how to poach eggs properly? It was during first lockdown, I think! She has amazing recipes.
Lisa is brilliant @Milking Keynes and VERY down to earth.

She has always replied to any questions I have asked her via DM regarding adapting recipes (I’m allergic to olives so if I’m not sure which alternative oil will work best, I just asked her - although I am much better at figuring it out for myself these days).

I’m vegan, but Master Midnight absolutely LOVES her chicken salad recipe - I make a huge bowl of it every Sunday and he just helps himself using it to make wraps or sandwiches when he gets hungry, but it only ever lasts a couple of days at most, it’s THAT good.

Sorelle Amore, Jonna Jinton and Kate Flowers are three YouTubers I started watching last year ... I think I enjoy their type of content so much because I find it really soothing, calming and peaceful. 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Lol, am I you ? Are you me ? 😂 Have you hacked into my Youtube playlist ?😛

You know what else I love about Sophie Shohet ? With all her designer bags and luxury cars, she is so down-to-earth. And intelligent. And I really like her hubby ! He has great taste in fashion and he has a very dry sense of humour, such a lovely couple.
And more importantly, Sophie has discussed once or twice (in subscriber Q & A's) why her and her husband have decided not to have children. No dramatics AND NO CLICKBAIT TITLES from Sophie regarding her decision.

Love Charis ! She loves shopping but hey, she doesn't hide it or make excuses about her love for fashion or shopping. And she is likeable. Like you, I really enjoy the family vlog time esp when she does a cooking segment !!!
I also like Wenwen Stokes - she lives in London and Vietnam, and has a very quirky sense of fashion.
Mel Soldera is also great - she is really into fashion esp vintage bags !
Sophie is awesome, you just know that she is as careful as possible when spending money. It means something to her because she earned it herself. Her rabbits are obviously very well looked after and loved, yet they rarely appear in the vlogs.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’ve done private tour at both Glenfiddich and Glenlivet and both say there is no right or wrong way with ice or water, it’s all purely up to personal preference and taste. Our guide at glenfidditch said she has ice in hers. I prefer my scotch with dry ginger ale! 🥃
I like a ginger ale in mine too sometimes but coming from Islay it’s just us highlanders trying to keep tradition alive. Best way to taste a whisky is neat. Of course you can have it anyway you like as long as you are buying it from us. It was more the fact Ali was sampling whiskey and doing a vlog on what ones he likes best. Can’t remember the last time he drank it but anything for the gram. To taste the purity it has to be neat. That’s all. Oh fun fact you can also wash your windows with it, we do because the salt spray from the sea clings to the glass on the windows. Ireland has some great whiskeys too if you like a whisky @ catcher_in_the_lie.

Reactions: 7
That caption about the homemade focaccia waiting on the butchers block to go in the oven SURELY must be tongue in cheek? It’s like a parody of something a pretentious person would say to try to impress.
I don’t think she’s that quick witted.....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
The trouble with Lydia and her skin is that she just isn't honest. I too, prefer seeing real skin with pores and all the usual imperfections we get, but the only reason Lydia is now showing this is due to the change in laws which mean influencers can't use any skin filters at all while advertising beauty product. Otherwise, we would just get the filtered version, like we do in her vlogs.

She has made so, so many claims over the years that x,y and z products have 'totally transformed' her skin, and just as she's about to advertise another skin product, she conveniently has bad skin the week before that said miracle product cures. EVERY DAMN TIME! She even claimed one particular product was so good, she swore she was never use anything else ever on her face......4 weeks later, another ad for another product.

Just like with everything else, she is so desperate for every aspect of her life to appear perfect, she is so inconsistent and dishonest. I couldn't care less what her skin is really like, nor would I judge her for having bad skin, but she will say anything to flog a product and earn her commission which I hate.
Exactly 👏 it's the dishonesty.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
SO TRUE!!! I couldn't believe it when I started working in cosmetics (part-time job while I was at Uni - I'm not really one of 'them'), and needed some inspo on 'proper' makeup - that Lydia actually used to do 'tutorials'. 😂
Yes, I watched that series. She is so passionate and so knowledgeable. Cosmetics isn't my career, but she truly does inspire. (Love her less is more approach - I mean, her with spot concealing - WOW! Puts all these YouTubers to shame who smear concealer over their entire face - and then proceed to put foundation on! LOL. I digress...
Have you ever bought any of her lipsticks? I would love to invest in her company due to her ethics, but haven't as yet.
I haven't bought any of her lipsticks, but the colours look lovely and I believe they are 100% cruelty free. I cannot wear anything other than Clinique Superbalm Gloss - every single other lipstick I have ever tried dries out my lips and makes them sore. I have sooo many lipsticks that I have tried and rejected, practically a makeup bag full of them, lol. It's very annoying!!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I like a ginger ale in mine too sometimes but coming from Islay it’s just us highlanders trying to keep tradition alive. Best way to taste a whisky is neat. Of course you can have it anyway you like as long as you are buying it from us. It was more the fact Ali was sampling whiskey and doing a vlog on what ones he likes best. Can’t remember the last time he drank it but anything for the gram. To taste the purity it has to be neat. That’s all. Oh fun fact you can also wash your windows with it, we do because the salt spray from the sea clings to the glass on the windows. Ireland has some great whiskeys too if you like a whisky @ catcher_in_the_lie.
I once gave my dad a 30 year old Midleton - you’d want to see the price now - ouch.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Do the cushions look 'odd' to you at all Julia? They look like little soldiers standing to attention to me (with bunny chopped ears) and appear to defy gravity. 😂 I just cannot handle 'the chop', but I know it's a 'thing' in design at the moment. I'm probably too uncouth to appreciate it. 😂

Speaking of - I actually don't mind the furnishings in this room. I especially like the texture in the lamps. Not sure about the 'Dropcloth' colour everywhere though. Seems a bit dingy to me. (I accept we'll all have differing views due to our unique tastes though!) 🍓
I thought the original blue curtains in the bedroom (when she first moved in) were stunning. They didn't last long 🙄

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
Massive Sophie Kinsella fan here...it's my guilty pleasure!
I haven't heard of Emily! **Adds Emily Wheatley to the list...**
It's a shame about Lydia - smugness doesn't suit her.
Also - I've always wanted to tell you this - LOVE your username!! Massive Sophie Kinsella fan here...it's my guilty pleasure! ❤ 😂 ;)

Totally! Two words Lydia - living wage.
Thank you, I’m a fan too, she immediately came to mind when I thought of Lydia although Rebecca is much smarter and funnier, to be fair though, Lydia also makes me laugh 😆.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I dont know about you but I for one am so glad she loves her kitchen because she wont need to redo it again in a few months....oh wait. :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Love Downshiftology - didn’t she get like 2m views on how to poach eggs properly? It was during first lockdown, I think! She has amazing recipes.
I love downshiftology very helpful for meal ideas as I don't eat meat or dairy. Also love fairyland cottage. Used to enjoy parisienne farmgirl but no longer follow as I've read the anecdotes about her neglecting and being cruel to her animals

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I think the fact that she doesn’t put more effort into her relationship with her mother says everything about her.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
My favourite too is whiskey with ginger ale. If I drink it neat it has to be a Jamesons which I'm quite partial to on a sunday evening and my summer holiday drink of choice is a whiskey and lemonade in a tall glass with ice. I'm not a connoisseur of whiskey as you can tell but I enjoy it because it is one of the least muckked about alcoholic beverages along with champers when I'm lucky enough to have it. I follow susie grant of vintage ageing and she recommends prosecco as a healthy alternative because it is low in sugar and in alcohol content so I have that on sundays in the summer

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Exactly 👏 it's the dishonesty.
speaking of which, the “never had lip fillers and never will” line just doesn’t ring true as many have pointed out on here time and time again.
Dr Harris is considered one of the best in the business for lips, and looking at todays close up stories, Lidls are somewhere between a shelf and a ledge, but definitely far from natural 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Seeeeeee they just haven’t hung it yet. Why didn’t LC team hang it?!!? Why are they showing it in so many reveals un-hung? Why are so many other things not hung? Why the sneer at Ali again? Does she know what resting place means? That it's dead? So many questions

PS Lydia please hang that over your refrigerator, shiny silver socket on the kitchen wall! It will give that drab sad sparse area some pop. You are welcome.

94AE1743-E5E3-4776-963B-B1EA26EAD685.jpeg
0DD982ED-A6A0-4D22-96B9-36BE5B2C4422.jpeg
CF40D50D-1D48-44E6-9634-5964067C5B3D.jpeg
40B9C778-C9CF-4920-8FEA-2E7DA09DC04E.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
So true @Miscanthus - good reminder. Communicating in 'text' form is so imprecise, and often open to interpretation which is fraught with difficulties. I find it best to give posters the benefit of the doubt that their intentions are good. Strangely enough, I held the same attitude with Lydia, until she personally kicked me in the teeth! I still haven't quite got over being blocked on instagram - it felt like a personal attack! 😂 (@Stefano has given me solace and another way of viewing the issue though - thank you!)

I'm so sorry to hear of your situation. We tried for our middle child for six years. We are blessed and fortunate that my body eventually came to the party, but there were many years of heartbreak and pain in between.

On a side note - you are one of the regular posters that I admire so much. Your posts are well thought out, balanced, measured and intelligent. I'm more inspired by a lot of the people here than I am of these salespeople that we meet to discuss, and share ideas about. Thank you!! xx
Thank you ❤ There are some amazing people on these threads
I'm like you...I see the best in people until they kick me in the teeth
In the assumptions video at 32:59 she lists one of the reasons that she didn't get on with her mom was that they are both Italian ... ummmmm Lydia there is an entire country called Italy that has an extremely family oriented culture where families live together and get on with each other and everyone is ... Italian

If she could just be real for one second on her platform she could have used this as an opportunity to connect with her audience. Many of us have problems with family members and have had or have toxic relationships whether it's because of mistakes we have made or we come from dysfunctional households or both. This could have been a point of discussion, learning, bonding, and a time for her to exhibit some depth. Admitting you aren't perfect and don't have a picture perfect life is relatable!
The last time I looked Watford was not in Italy!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Do you think we might reach our 100th thread the same time as Lidl reaches 1 million on Instagram?

Our production here matches her bot buying there, it's quite possible. Btw, I think she's hemorrhaging followers, but her bot purchases make up for the daily loss. Buys a thousand, loses 800, looks as if she gained 200

Attachments

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
Lisa is brilliant @Milking Keynes and VERY down to earth.

She has always replied to any questions I have asked her via DM regarding adapting recipes (I’m allergic to olives so if I’m not sure which alternative oil will work best, I just asked her - although I am much better at figuring it out for myself these days).

I’m vegan, but Master Midnight absolutely LOVES her chicken salad recipe - I make a huge bowl of it every Sunday and he just helps himself using it to make wraps or sandwiches when he gets hungry, but it only ever lasts a couple of days at most, it’s THAT good.

Sorelle Amore, Jonna Jinton and Kate Flowers are three YouTubers I started watching last year ... I think I enjoy their type of content so much because I find it really soothing, calming and peaceful. 😊
Sorelle Amore is really good.... I just love the Youtubers who live in the Nordics .. they have such a calming way of filming ...maybe it is the beauty of raw nature .. living with nature that really gets me at heart.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Seeeeeee they just haven’t hung it yet. Why didn’t LC team hang it?!!? Why are they showing it in so many reveals un-hung? Why are so many other things not hung? Why the sneer at Ali again? Does she know what resting place means? That it's dead? So many questions

PS Lydia please hang that over your refrigerator, shiny silver socket on the kitchen wall! It will give that drab sad sparse area some pop. You are welcome.

View attachment 571149View attachment 571163View attachment 571162View attachment 571161
I wish she would hang it herself, why does she need her husband to hang it, I bloody hate that, is she incapable, is hanging pictures a "man's job," hang the damn picture, get a hammer and do it yourself, you incapable cretin.......sorry for the outburst. 🙄

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.