Lydia Millen #87 Poor Porter has been disregarded, pheasant wallpaper is to be restarted.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations!! I’m 7 months pregnant with my third (within 5 years). A lot of the changes to your body are temporary, don’t worry. Some things might change permanently but not always for the worse. My feet are half a size bigger than pre-kids, which is something I barely think about frankly! But I have other friends who ended up slimmer overall, some who started off with small chests ended up with a bit more filling their bras which they were happy with, etc. It’s not all doom and gloom. You’ll still be you on the other side, just with a beautiful new baby to show for it ❤
Thank you! Congratulations on your pregnancy too 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 10
She has GOT to be kidding to a photo of herself with this statement. Then the post is about an elegant wardrobe, scents and BULLSH*T!!!!

Lydia... start watching the news and do some charity work... read the room and get over yourself!

0C683F0C-44FF-405D-AC37-8F278142A1F4.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
No, Lydia's father is not wealthy. Then again, wealth is subjective.

He owns a fairly standard house, 5 bedrooms or so (which is standard here in the states) and he is self-employed, I believe (Special Projects Director at Edwin Millen Estates Ltd –– Northampton, UK). He leases real estate (i.e., a landlord).

This is his home, public record (not posting the address obviously). He paid £461,000 back in 2008.

View attachment 570097

I wouldn't consider him wealthy, by any measure –– more so upper middle class. However, if you compare him to Lydia's mother, who she despises because she couldn't give her a ton of material things, then yes ... by comparison, he's wealthier than the mum (who she ended up living with after the divorce).

And by "homeless" Lydiot meant to say "I left my mum's and went to live with my grandmother." She never walked the streets, even though she looked like it.

And for those of you who I don't know as well yet on here ... I have a very particular set of skills. :LOL:

View attachment 570101
In the uk a house like that is definitely not average 😂😭 house sizes are vastly different here compared to the states. California alone is like twice the size of the entire uk. So we have a lot less space to work with than you guys!

Reactions: 21
I am so far behind and haven’t started reading this thread yet but slowly catching up so be prepared for major Haha reactions later!

On another note I just saw this pic on Ali’s page and thought wow that’s a clever filter, black and white or washed out and picking out colour so I gave it a try. Well it’s a standard colour filter so that means that the kitchen really IS that dingy and dull 😳
View attachment 570622
OMG Lydiot was given placemats AND she has some that she bought herself - the round grass ones. Why why why don't they use them ? Why is Ali eating with his plate on the table runner ? I know I seem petty but c'mon, that table runner is for decorative purposes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Some gems from the blogpost are below - remember she writes all this herself!!
What actual Horse tit is this? ....... I am dumbfounded .... you would have to be devoid of anything close to a brain to read this utter crap!
Who is she to give advice on anything essentially is my point.

Neutrals ...wow .. said no one .. Like the quote of "Florals in spring .. ground breaking" from Miranda Priestly ...(swoon).

And the idea of her being clean/ironing/steaming or pressing anything is actually laughable .... Lydia darling you need to first be fluid and coherent with what you write, and then what you actually show us in vlogs ...

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
In the uk a house like that is definitely not average 😂😭 house sizes are vastly different here compared to the states. California alone is like twice the size of the entire uk. So we have a lot less space to work with than you guys!
Hmmm...

I am comparing detached homes in Milton Keynes, for a more accurate comparison to what is fairly standard here in the states. This is a 5 bedroom for £750,000 which is probably the value of Harvey's house given appreciation over the years, perhaps a bit more.

Perhaps, various areas are more on par with this juxtaposition than others, as you said.

And yes, a lot less space. 😆

118117_2498_TALW_IMG_00_0001.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
She has GOT to be kidding to a photo of herself with this statement. Then the post is about an elegant wardrobe, scents and BULLSH*T!!!!

Lydia... start watching the news and do some charity work... read the room and get over yourself!

View attachment 570874
She needs to get over herself. Who the hell writes a caption like that and is serious? I don't know what it is but in the past week everything she does really annoys me.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
I've not caught up, but I just wanted to say big respect to her for not using a beauty filter on the close ups of her skin on her Rodial story

Reactions: 7
Why is Ali eating with his plate on the table runner ? I know I seem petty but c'mon, that table runner is for decorative purposes.
Money doesn't buy decorum.

Lydiot is absurdly gauche and Ali simply doesn't know any better.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Oh my word. She has to be joking. Talking 'elegance' on the blog? 😂

I can hardly wait.
"When the inside is as beautiful as the outside" ... well, someone is really throwing themselves up today. :rolleyes:
Who talks about themselves like this ? Which normal, sane person, that is ? She may be joking but, somehow, I think not.
20210512_144048.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Her skin is a mess - she changes products all the time, too many fillers and treatments - and of course the state of her lips! Why are brands still asking her to promote makeup - i mean she looks awful. Rodial being the latest!
Her eating habits are a contributing factor to the way her skin is, all that grated cheese doesn t help.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Absolutely agree with everything that you say regarding Lisa Eldridge.
Never heard of Ca$$ie Thorpe - must check her out!
Sophie Shohet is fabulous! I've followed along with her for at least 5 years now, and she's so calm, balanced, knowledgeable and the entire opposite of the other girls that crop up here. Love her love of cars as well. ;)
I agree with you regarding Frow - she is what she is...but she does work her butt off. At least she doesn't do massive sales pitches like Josephine! LOL.
I'll definitely have a look at some of your options. I've often thought that life is too short to watch some of these channels that wind us up the wrong way.
For 'design' (although I know it's so subjective), I really enjoy Studio McGee and Chris Loves Julia. You probably already know both of them though.
For quiet contemplation and inspiration, I love Northern Heart. She's not uploading at the moment, probably due to ill health - but all of her videos are stunningly shot, and she has such a beautiful heart. Also The Cottage Fairy, Parisienne Farmgirl, and Fairyland Cottage.
For wardrobe/fashion - down to earth stuff - you can't go past Justine Leconte - honest! And of course, Emma Hill.
My favourite food channel is Downshiftology - so lovely! And healthy. ;) (That's not really me, but I can dream).
If you like horses, Matt Harnacke is a great watch, as is Joseph Newcombe. There's something very relaxing about dressage training! LOL.

Apologies if these recommendations are out of line - just thought a bit of positivity goes a long way, and I'm always up for new recommendations! :)
Love Downshiftology - didn’t she get like 2m views on how to poach eggs properly? It was during first lockdown, I think! She has amazing recipes.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I'm not one to stick up for Lydia, you can read my past posts to see that. But I am going to defend her now.

To me, her skin does not look bad in those stories. Yes she has pores, minor acne and some fine hairs. But don't we all. That is what REAL unfiltered skin looks like close up. There are Instagram accounts such as @beauty.false that show many celebrities and influencers with side by side pictures of filtered and unfiltered skin so you can see just how much gets edited out. Nobody is immune to skin texture, not even them.

I personally can't see how Lydia can do right here, if when she uses beauty filters people complain about her being fake, but when she embraces her real skin texture she is also criticised.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Some gems from the blogpost are below - remember she writes all this herself!!
Literally no way she wrote this. And the irony of her of all people waffling on about the importance of taking the trouble to steam or iron clothes in order to make a good first impression. She can't even be bothered to steam clothes from brands she's flogging!!

Reactions: 19

Oh my word. She has to be joking. Talking 'elegance' on the blog? 😂

I can hardly wait.
This has to be a joke (and it s not funny), she cannot be talking about herself, surely. And anyway how can you yourself think these things, you can think it about others but yourself, nah, I don t think so. Really our mission in life is to be a better person and she has failed big time. To be honest Lidl will never change, the Assumptions video was a PR stunt for her followers, if she says she s amazing then it must be true.

Us Tattlers know better though :sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.