Lydia Millen #84 From tailored suit toff à la royale to Nasty Gal chav à la no morale

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those curtains are so at odds with the cushions I can't even get my head around what any plan was for this room textile wise.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Thousands for these drapes... meh. Really not worth it. And yes too long. Not a fan at all of this BLAAAAAHHH. And those sofa pillows look out of place and the colors again... clash 😑

All new carpet and curtains after only what... 2 years?

View attachment 545274View attachment 545275
This curtain is actually making me physically unwell. It’s probably the first and only time I’ll have a reaction to a curtain. I’ve had to have a banana to calm down. I need to write in my diary about this. I need to journal this.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
This is actually ridiculous now! Imagine turning up to be greeted by a a brick bungalow with glass handrails (for patients stability after injections) and then the inside looks like this??? What the hell is going on? A GP surgery with hotel interior??

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
🥾 🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾 🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾 🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾

DOWNTONBURY FESTIVAL - 2021 - MORE KEYNOTE SPEAKERS...MORE TENTS

@PixelGirl - A Reiki Master Speaks - Healing Hands Tent
@happyforest - 7 Lucrative and Much Sought After Services - Karate Cushion Tent
@Polava - How To Be Funny Without an Avatar - Split Sides Tent
@Sophie - Cinching A Tweed Jacket Whilst Wearing a Small Hat - The Wasted Tent
@CuriousCreature - Curiouser and Curiouser Uses for Banana Skins - The Alice Tent
@Baggly - Cats In The Armed Forces - Cat’s Whiskers Tent
@RubyRu - Down Under With Up and Over Attitude - The Aussie Fun Tent
@Margo Polo - What Really Happened With MY Archer! - The Sagittarius Tent
@Chatty Kattie - A Masterclass In Successful Posing - Rant-Cam Tent
@Hunevoque2 - The Modesty of Great Talent - One Woman Show Tent
@Little Bluebird - The Iron, The Stitch and the Bored Robe - Judy Garland Tent
@Alleycat123 - Upholding Community Guidelines - The Slinky Tent
@muffintop13 - How I Persuaded Captain Frederick Wentworth - Lost in Austen Tent
@Themoomoo - How To Elevate Your Table - 40ft Crane Tent
@BeccaBanana - Stanley Holloway Made Me Do It - ‘Ave a Nice Day Tent
@Calamity - Back At Work Yet Coping With Thread Speeds - Plate Spinning Tent
@MichiganGal - Another Day - Another Bee Hive - Queen Bee Keeper Tent
@Common as muck - Fabulous Side-Buns and Their Impact on Spanish Couture - Flamenco Tent
@Blue Orchid - A Defining Moment in Cheekbones - Contouring Tent
@Wilbraham - Lurking With Good Intent - Come And Join Us Tent
@Shihtzu - A Shihtzu...A Shihtzu - We All Fall Down Tent
@helenhighwater - Clever Things I Would Go Through - Only For You Tent
@Bookwork0507 - A Chef’s Guide to Accountancy - Booking the Cooks Tent
@propane_lover - Draping One’s Swan’s Neck - Foxtrot Oscar Bjork Tent
@Rubythefirebat - Life On Two Wheels - Bike Tent
@Justabrowser - Eyebrowser Treatment Options - Caterpillar Tent
@mindlessness - The Benefits of Being Less Mindful - Forget Your Troubles Tent
@Missmarpleknows - My Amazing Trouser Of Many Colours - Joseph Tent
@LadyChat - The Gamekeeper’s Cottage - D H Lawrence Tent
@Miss LDN - Millinery With Bananas - Hat Trick Tent
@Peppypoopar - Hey! Did You Happen To See The Most Beautiful Dog In The World? - Songs For Fur Babies Tent
@Habsy123 - How To Become a Pink Wiki Button Princess - Back For Good Tent
@Catcher_In_The_Lie - Salinger Was My Car Valet - The V8 Engine Tent
@Lollylola - Masterclass on the Power of Vegetables - Good Eating Guide Tent
@Being nosey - Juggling Gin and Wine AND Chammy by the Cartload - Wahey Tent
@katiesmith81 - Scotland the Brave - Tartan Tent

We still expect more VIP members to join us of course and ALL are HUGELY welcome! Simply let us know BEFORE June18th that you are coming in order for us to secure your free Luxury Winnebago complete with make up artist and a fridge full of your favourite food and tipples for late-night snacks.

In case it rains (and it WILL) please dont forget to bring your muddy boots.

You can get involved and nominate your favourite bands of course and introduce them on the Pyramid Stage yourself if you would like to during the Festival Weekend itself. You may even want to put up vids of your fave bands when you want them to appear on stage. Then we can all take advantage of the Live Video Streaming for all time zones.

Bitsy Wotsits will cover the OB commentary for us.

Downtonbury Festival Design a T Shirt Competition.

As `a Memento of this occasion it is only fitting that we should all have the opportunity to wear our Downton Festival T Shirts.

This competition is sponsored by - HAIRNETS - Snood Makers to H.M THE QUEEN. The prize is a very snazzy Hairnets Goody Bag.

Submissions for the design of our T shirts should all be submitted by no later than 18th June (earlier if possible) and the T shirt with the most votes from all our forum members will be the T shirt which will win the competition and the prize.

Don’t forget to register now for your VIP, access all areas free tickets. More VIP attendee lists will of course be published in future newsletters.

To be continued...

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
May be a little early for new thread title suggestions but I'm sure we will fly through this one as usual :)

Lydia Millen #85 House transformation is 50 shades of puke, latest collabs are just a fluke

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
I can confirm,@Oops, that there will be no - repeat - no ketchup at either of these prestigious events. What kind of Tattler would lower the tone by suggesting squeezy bottles of ketchup ( cough, cough, ahem). To make it up to you, I will keep a beady eye on the day for such contraband items, such as ketchup, balsam, mayo and, God forbid, barbeque sauce. Those found in possession will be prosecuted, fined, and forcibly removed by moi. 😉
Thank goodness! I don’t know if I can “cope” with pizza dipped in ketchup 😱🤪😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I can confirm @Oops after a little persuation, long intense discussions and with the poring over dates in our expensive Smythson diaries, myself and... wait for it.... the one and only, Mr Alan Titchmarsh will be more than happy to attend the Bonnet and Frocks Garden Party to be held on the first Saturday in May with... MEEEEE! Mr Titchmarsh, being the superstar of the gardening world has many, many interesting stories to tell regarding Verbena and Herbaceous borders.

Swoooon!!!!
I am so delighted to hear this. I will put both you and your Mr Darcy Alan Titchmarsh on my list to be published soon. 👏👏

• Heart
Reactions: 8

@CuriousCreature - Curiouser and Curiouser Uses for Banana Skins - The Alice Tent
@muffintop13 - How I Persuaded Captain Frederick Wentworth - Lost in Austen Tent
@Common as muck - Fabulous Side-Buns and Their Impact on Spanish Couture - Flamenco Tent
@Peppypoopar - Hey! Did You Happen To See The Most Beautiful Dog In The World? - Songs For Fur Babies Tent
@Katie Smith 81 - Scotland the Brave - Tartan Tent

We still expect more VIP members to join us of course and ALL are HUGELY welcome! Simply let us know BEFORE June18th that you are coming in order for us to secure your free Luxury Winnebago complete with make up artist and a fridge full of your favourite food and tipples for late-night snacks.

You can get involved and nominate your favourite bands of course and introduce them on the Pyramid Stage yourself if you would like to during the Festival Weekend itself. You may even want to put up vids of your fave bands when you want them to appear on stage. Then we can all take advantage of the Live Video Streaming for all time zones.

As `a Memento of this occasion it is only fitting that we should all have the opportunity to wear our Downton Festival T Shirts.

This competition is sponsored by - HAIRNETS - Snood Makers to H.M THE QUEEN. The prize is a very snazzy Hairnets Goody Bag.

Submissions for the design of our T shirts should all be submitted by no later than 18th June (earlier if possible) and the T shirt with the most votes from all our forum members will be the T shirt which will win the competition and the prize.

Don’t forget to register now for your VIP, access all areas free tickets. More VIP attendee lists will of course be published in future newsletters.

To be continued...
Love you ❤ Brilliantly creative! 🤣
I know you will be surrounded by hand written spreadsheets from now until Downtonbury but @toomuchstuff raised a good point about the dress code and @Milking Keynes has started a list of possible banned items....
Please do delegate tasks if this all becomes too overewhelming!

Also, if you are new to this thread, and I see some of you have liked comments but not posted yet, you may not know what the hell is going on...
Don't worry about that! We just love a good festival/party/pantomime/event on here, so dive right in. The more, the merrier!

We will do our best to answer questions but for background information on Lydia go to the red button at the top of the page.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

@katiesmith81 - Scotland the Brave - Tartan Tent

To be continued...
Please may I come? I could do a styling workshop, 50 ways to belt up, if you think folk would show some interest. In full disclosure though I must add that I like a bit of sossidge with my ketchup. Will security be checking pockets?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.