Lydia Millen #84 From tailored suit toff à la royale to Nasty Gal chav à la no morale

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There has to be some re wallpapering going on! That was one huuuuge mistake re the off centre pheasants!
I’ll actually laugh so much if we see a snippet of the powder room in the future and the pheasants are magically centered.

We’ll know what’s happened, even if she doesn’t show it!

• Haha
Reactions: 35
@theredgossiper Oh my, thank you very very much, dear, for your lovely rendition of my future avatar. You are to be commended for your efforts and dedication to all us tattlers who asked for your illustrations that are, btw, so so clever and detailed. You are a very talented and generous lady. Thanks again :) My excuses for this late reply (and it might take me a few days to upload the avatar) but I have been feeling very under the weather these last days (my illness kicks with a vengeance from time to time) and my whole body has been hurting like hell so it's been impossible to write/engage. I still read you all, your wittiness and loveliness of character always puts me in a good mood.

@Oops... the above also goes for not having joined the party yet. But thanks for the wonderful entertainment as it's being planned. You are a riot to read :)))))

Love to all. May you all have a lovely week ahead.

ps- not a pity-partier here, so there is no need to reply to this post: what anyone has to endure in life is to be accepted and endured with a smile so as to be able to be ultimately happy and content on a day to day basis, or moment to moment basis, and I can say that I am indeed a happy gal due to said acceptance. If there is/are, however, replies, I have to offer my excuses in advance for not being able to write back at the moment. I wish I could engage more, but hands now hurt a lot from writing. This too shall pass, anyway :)

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Please may I come? I could do a styling workshop, 50 ways to belt up, if you think folk would show some interest. In full disclosure though I must add that I like a bit of sossidge with my ketchup. Will security be checking pockets?
I must warn you - you won’t be allowed admission with aforementioned sossidge in your possession. You won’t get past @Milking Keynes, let me tell you - and I will have my sniffer dog, Gem the Shih Tzu, with me. Let this be a warning to all of you so that we can avoid sossidge/ketchup confiscation.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I must warn you - you won’t be allowed admission with aforementioned sossidge in your possession. You won’t get past @Milking Keynes, let me tell you - and I will have my sniffer dog, Gem the Shih Tzu, with me. Let this be a warning to all of you so that we can avoid sossidge/ketchup confiscation.
Is it a specific strain of sausage that is forbidden, or are we not discriminating? Would @Milking Keynes be likely to turn a blind eye to a Quorn sausage?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Nicky posted this today and it got me thinking...Um Lydia and Carrie didn’t pay for that last appointment.... being Nicky herself prob charges the most... est $1000 plus tip they owed Nicky when they walked out with beautiful hair. How can they live with themselves for SO many reasons but it just doesn’t make sense if their hair looked this beautiful at the appt to not pay? Even if unhappy several days later did they stop payment or what?

Bad enough Lydia didn’t pay but also Carrie??????? So rude.

today’s post about pricing (not Lydia hair)

1DD1E7A6-94A8-45BD-BFF0-1DAD09507187.jpeg

Carrie & Lydia after their June appointment more than happy to let the salon take after photos.
EC57A41C-3DB3-4926-B0BC-35BF8FEAB9AB.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 49
Is it a specific strain of sausage that is forbidden, or are we not discriminating? Would @Milking Keynes be likely to turn a blind eye to a Quorn sausage?
Oh, dear - am confused and addled now - my poor nerves... maybe we shouldn’t ban anything until we know the full menu - lets await instructions from @Oops - I need a nap now..We might be allowed sausages at the festival, maybe, but certainly not at the Bonnets and Frocks event - not a good lewk.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
ME EYES. MY EYES!!!!! I’d blocked this lewk out.
Scurries off to find journal...

🥾 🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾 🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾 🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾🥾

DOWNTONBURY FESTIVAL - 2021 - MORE KEYNOTE SPEAKERS...MORE TENTS

@PixelGirl - A Reiki Master Speaks - Healing Hands Tent
@happyforest - 7 Lucrative and Much Sought After Services - Karate Cushion Tent
@Polava - How To Be Funny Without an Avatar - Split Sides Tent
@Sophie - Cinching A Tweed Jacket Whilst Wearing a Small Hat - The Wasted Tent
@CuriousCreature - Curiouser and Curiouser Uses for Banana Skins - The Alice Tent
@Baggly - Cats In The Armed Forces - Cat’s Whiskers Tent
@RubyRu - Down Under With Up and Over Attitude - The Aussie Fun Tent
@Margo Polo - What Really Happened With MY Archer! - The Sagittarius Tent
@Chatty Kattie - A Masterclass In Successful Posing - Rant-Cam Tent
@Hunevoque2 - The Modesty of Great Talent - One Woman Show Tent
@Little Bluebird - The Iron, The Stitch and the Bored Robe - Judy Garland Tent
@Alleycat123 - Upholding Community Guidelines - The Slinky Tent
@muffintop13 - How I Persuaded Captain Frederick Wentworth - Lost in Austen Tent
@Themoomoo - How To Elevate Your Table - 40ft Crane Tent
@BeccaBanana - Stanley Holloway Made Me Do It - ‘Ave a Nice Day Tent
@Calamity - Back At Work Yet Coping With Thread Speeds - Plate Spinning Tent
@MichiganGal - Another Day - Another Bee Hive - Queen Bee Keeper Tent
@Common as muck - Fabulous Side-Buns and Their Impact on Spanish Couture - Flamenco Tent
@Blue Orchid - A Defining Moment in Cheekbones - Contouring Tent
@Wilbraham - Lurking With Good Intent - Come And Join Us Tent
@Shihtzu - A Shihtzu...A Shihtzu - We All Fall Down Tent
@helenhighwater - Clever Things I Would Go Through - Only For You Tent
@Bookwork0507 - A Chef’s Guide to Accountancy - Booking the Cooks Tent
@propane_lover - Draping One’s Swan’s Neck - Foxtrot Oscar Bjork Tent
@Rubythefirebat - Life On Two Wheels - Bike Tent
@Justabrowser - Eyebrowser Treatment Options - Caterpillar Tent
@mindlessness - The Benefits of Being Less Mindful - Forget Your Troubles Tent
@Missmarpleknows - My Amazing Trouser Of Many Colours - Joseph Tent
@LadyChat - The Gamekeeper’s Cottage - D H Lawrence Tent
@Miss LDN - Millinery With Bananas - Hat Trick Tent
@Peppypoopar - Hey! Did You Happen To See The Most Beautiful Dog In The World? - Songs For Fur Babies Tent
@Habsy123 - How To Become a Pink Wiki Button Princess - Back For Good Tent
@Catcher_In_The_Lie - Salinger Was My Car Valet - The V8 Engine Tent
@Lollylola - Masterclass on the Power of Vegetables - Good Eating Guide Tent
@Being nosey - Juggling Gin and Wine AND Chammy by the Cartload - Wahey Tent
@katiesmith81 - Scotland the Brave - Tartan Tent

We still expect more VIP members to join us of course and ALL are HUGELY welcome! Simply let us know BEFORE June18th that you are coming in order for us to secure your free Luxury Winnebago complete with make up artist and a fridge full of your favourite food and tipples for late-night snacks.

In case it rains (and it WILL) please dont forget to bring your muddy boots.

You can get involved and nominate your favourite bands of course and introduce them on the Pyramid Stage yourself if you would like to during the Festival Weekend itself. You may even want to put up vids of your fave bands when you want them to appear on stage. Then we can all take advantage of the Live Video Streaming for all time zones.

Bitsy Wotsits will cover the OB commentary for us.

Downtonbury Festival Design a T Shirt Competition.

As `a Memento of this occasion it is only fitting that we should all have the opportunity to wear our Downton Festival T Shirts.

This competition is sponsored by - HAIRNETS - Snood Makers to H.M THE QUEEN. The prize is a very snazzy Hairnets Goody Bag.

Submissions for the design of our T shirts should all be submitted by no later than 18th June (earlier if possible) and the T shirt with the most votes from all our forum members will be the T shirt which will win the competition and the prize.

Don’t forget to register now for your VIP, access all areas free tickets. More VIP attendee lists will of course be published in future newsletters.

To be continued...
Please may I attend? I’d like to run the Diary Management tent, where I’ll take people through how to manage a diary using: an electronic calendar, a luxe smythson diary, a greedhouse diary, my assistants diary, my best friends diary and I’ll also do a masterclass on journalling.

My t-shirt will be emblazoned with the letters INFJ on the front, which is my highly unique and unusual personality type, on the back I shall list out my core values. Which are incredibly rare and also SECRET.

Thank you in advance xxx

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Oh, dear - am confused and addled now - my poor nerves... maybe we shouldn’t ban anything until we know the full menu - lets await instructions from @Oops - I need a nap now..We might be allowed sausages at the festival, maybe, but certainly not at the Bonnets and Frocks event - not a good lewk.
Come on, SAUSAGE dogs will def be allowed and needed!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
What about a wiener?
Nicky posted this today and it got me thinking...Um Lydia and Carrie didn’t pay for that last appointment.... being Nicky herself prob charges the most... est $1000 plus tip they owed Nicky when they walked out with beautiful hair. How can they live with themselves for SO many reasons but it just doesn’t make sense if their hair looked this beautiful at the appt to not pay? Even if unhappy several days later did they stop payment or what?

View attachment 545406
Carrie & Lydia after their June appointment more than happy to let the salon take after photos.
View attachment 545410
Not white knighting for Lidl but I'm pretty sure Nicky has said she does not give freebies (but I'll happily check with Nicky). I should imagine it was the second, meltdown appt that Lidl had where she didn't pay.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
What about a wiener?

Not white knighting for Lidl but I'm pretty sure Nicky has said she does not give freebies (but I'll happily check with Nicky). I should imagine it was the second, meltdown appt that Lidl had where she didn't pay.
Oh I thought she said in her igtv they didn’t pay? And that I thought she said in some posts she never gives freebies. Maybe the meltdown appt was a free fix like any hairdresser would offer?

Reactions: 10

@CuriousCreature - Curiouser and Curiouser Uses for Banana Skins - The Alice Tent
@muffintop13 - How I Persuaded Captain Frederick Wentworth - Lost in Austen Tent
@Common as muck - Fabulous Side-Buns and Their Impact on Spanish Couture - Flamenco Tent
@Peppypoopar - Hey! Did You Happen To See The Most Beautiful Dog In The World? - Songs For Fur Babies Tent

We still expect more VIP members to join us of course and ALL are HUGELY welcome! Simply let us know BEFORE June18th that you are coming in order for us to secure your free Luxury Winnebago complete with make up artist and a fridge full of your favourite food and tipples for late-night snacks.

You can get involved and nominate your favourite bands of course and introduce them on the Pyramid Stage yourself if you would like to during the Festival Weekend itself. You may even want to put up vids of your fave bands when you want them to appear on stage. Then we can all take advantage of the Live Video Streaming for all time zones.

As `a Memento of this occasion it is only fitting that we should all have the opportunity to wear our Downton Festival T Shirts.

This competition is sponsored by - HAIRNETS - Snood Makers to H.M THE QUEEN. The prize is a very snazzy Hairnets Goody Bag.

Submissions for the design of our T shirts should all be submitted by no later than 18th June (earlier if possible) and the T shirt with the most votes from all our forum members will be the T shirt which will win the competition and the prize.

Don’t forget to register now for your VIP, access all areas free tickets. More VIP attendee lists will of course be published in future newsletters.

To be continued...
Thank you so much @Oops... for adding me! You can count on me with those bikes!

Life On Two Wheels - Bike Tent
Sponsored by Peloton

You can join our spinning class, to keep up your breathe, chicken! Please book your place!
Our classes:

"Ali" - beginner class, your recieving hairline will be safe on this class
"Lydia in Ascot" - medium class, you have to wear fascinators
"Longjeans" - vip class for members that remember Matt, he will lead this class to keep your heartbeat up

Screenshot_20210425_171710.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I will say this slowly and only once... :censored:

At Downtonbury you are our Keynote Speaker on the Archer Karcher Method. You are appearing In The Havisham Horizontally Mobile Tent...Tick.

Naturally, you are also doing our Bonnets and Frocks Garden Party at Chawton House and bringing our heartthrob Archer to that too. Tick

Ahem...Havisham! - Just to stop me going completely cuckoo...No! Sorry! Too late! I’m cuckoo!!

Are you now also saying that you wish to be hired in the capacity of a squeezy ketchup bottle assistant at one or both of the 2 Events we are planning?

Anyone know where there‘s a nest I can lay my weary head in for the night please? Honestly - these besties...

I hope I’m not to late in with my RSPV @Oops... I will be the mystic marple tarot card and crystal ball readings...held in the GLASSHOUSE tent!

For the future I already see more tragic outfits and awful foot furniture combinations....

I see more home renovations and a lot of DROP CLOTHS being dropped from the bunga!

Every reading will be THE DREAM.

I see a man coming out of a closet.... and a crazy haired with a chinched wait stuffing him back in?

I see alot of Hermes bags but without official unboxing or receipts......

I can see A small sauce roll with tiny legs running around free in a field after a lucky escape and a cat receiving a donar pancreas transplant....

I see more TV/dram/film sets, maybe a Rovers Return themed cinema/Games.....?

I see a life of empty raised flower beds... and a plant pot with the skeleton and remains of a Wisteria.

I see 4 bodies under the patio, with the initials CC, VM, NL and the name Hadassah....

I see a million bot army preparing, winter is coming and they are practicing their Like and Comment warfare strategy.

I see multiple trips to the ED for accidents in the home, a small man unfortunately falls down a ten inch gap in a bed and a female falling out of a bath in the shape of a pair of slippers!

Tickets per reading with be £50 + VAT + shipping and you get a free GLOBY independent tan kit with every reading!!!

Can wait to see you all there lovelies!!! Xxx

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Please may I come? I could do a styling workshop, 50 ways to belt up, if you think folk would show some interest. In full disclosure though I must add that I like a bit of sossidge with my ketchup. Will security be checking pockets?
Please too may I come. I will do a lionessoftheherbs workshop where I will suggest the best herbs to go under a big dollop of tomato ketchup with sossidge. Also the correct herbs to grow to cook a square meal to show a significant other they are loved. I will bring my Mr Darcy Monty Don who himself has offered to give a short talk on the growing of herbs. Specifically herbs that boost the male libido to make a man manly n the bedroom department. So that his wife does not turn into a nagging ungrateful bad tempered witch

• Haha
Reactions: 15

View attachment 545406
View attachment 545410

Balayage is a skill for sure and I’m sure Nikki is a lovely person but £500+ is crazy money.

Reactions: 36
I went to Despina (the goddess herself) in April 2019 for Balayage - it was expensive but definitely not £500. Result was amazing I must admit. And it was because of Lidl that I booked in with her, but in my defence, she was SLIGHTLY less of an odious narcissist in those days #influenced #thesearemyconfessions

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Oh I thought she said in her igtv they didn’t pay? And that I thought she said in some posts she never gives freebies. Maybe the meltdown appt was a free fix like any hairdresser would offer?
I will message Nicky, then it can go on The WIKI!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Thank you so much @Oops... for the invite. it is THE DREAM be able to partake in this festival in my DREAMMMM coat that I DESIGNED. #myownbrand Got my bushy tail and eyebrows ready!
In the bushy tail tent, you will learn how to wear hats properly without poking holes in them. You can also learn how to properly groom your eyebrows so they don't turn into crawling caterpillars. Bushy tail tent also provides roaring fire(started by the house-elf) and unlimited Champagne.

1619367244170.png
1619367308003.png

Who wore it better?
Too much time was invested into searching for the photo of DREAMMMM. But no squirrel was harmed in the process. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Downtonbury Festival 2021

Please may I contribute my Masterclass in Broken Ankle Posing (static version).... or the advanced class in Broken Ankle Runway Walking? I must request to be sighted in close proximity to the First Aid Tent tho as I fully expect casualties!

Thankees

• Haha
Reactions: 23

To be continued...
Hmmmmm......is there no mushroom tent anymore? 🥲

Balayage is a skill for sure and I’m sure Nikki is a lovely person but £500+ is crazy money.
Christ, I’ve been cutting my hair over the sink for the last six years at least.....I’m positively Neanderthal by comparison.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.