Lydia Millen #84 From tailored suit toff ร  la royale to Nasty Gal chav ร  la no morale

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
While on thread #45 (screengrabbing the poll) I found my checklist of things we were waiting for from Lidl.
I thought it would be good to 'hold her to account' again!

โš Community guidelines All together now. ๐ŸŽถWhy are we waiting, oh whhhhyyyy are...๐ŸŽถ
๐Ÿ˜ Lidl being grateful for something and a proper apology ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ’›๐ŸŒ๐Ÿ’›๐ŸŒ
๐Ÿ Bees did Ali fail his bee course?
๐ŸŒป Greenhouse Greedhouse is up, heated and stuffed with...er...stuff!
โ„ Covers for the raised beds yup, they were removed well before the frosts finished because #assthetic
๐Ÿ˜ท Acne improvement who knows under that slap?
๐Ÿก House facelift, porch and The Bungalow nameplate โœ”โœ”โœ” but bunga is still fugly
๐Ÿ‘ฑโ€โ™€๏ธ GHD winner do we actually know?
๐Ÿณ Outdoor kitchen waiting for #gifted
:poop:En suite bathroom plans๐Ÿ›€๐Ÿšฝ marble tiles replaced with marble tiles...just waiting for the copper bath of dreamz
๐ŸŽฌ Cinema room waiting for #gifted
๐Ÿ˜ˆ Dressing room faults addressed no way was that company coming back!
๐Ÿคต New dressing room for Ali ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ
๐Ÿ’ป"Home" office (former playroom/dining room/whisky room) yes! Faux antique desk, sage shelves, ship's wheel and tweed
๐ŸŒฑ Sage living room oops! this was a wrong call! The black living room was repainted....black! But #gifted F&B black!
๐ŸŽฅ Videographer (new recruit ) a year on and nobody applied!
#Lydiamademedoit. Hashtag catching on #nevergonnahappen
๐Ÿ› New non reflective bed the bed has gone, replaced by an oversize climbing frame
๐Ÿ’‡โ€โ™€๏ธ The red to disappear from her hair! Never! Over to you Despina!
๐Ÿฆ… "Powder room" wallpaper sale I'm still waiting for my order confirmation
๐Ÿฆ„ Nose Job!!! #pinochio
:mGloby update #cancelled
Love love love

• Heart
Reactions: 10
While on thread #45 (screengrabbing the poll) I found my checklist of things we were waiting for from Lidl.

โš Community guidelines All together now. ๐ŸŽถWhy are we waiting, oh whhhhyyyy are...๐ŸŽถ
๐Ÿ˜ Lidl being grateful for something and a proper apology ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ’›๐ŸŒ๐Ÿ’›๐ŸŒ
โ„ Covers for the raised beds yup, they were removed well before the frosts finished because #assthetic
๐Ÿก House facelift, porch and The Bungalow nameplate โœ”โœ”โœ” but bunga is still fugly
:poop:En suite bathroom plans๐Ÿ›€๐Ÿšฝ marble tiles replaced with marble tiles...just waiting for the copper bath of dreamz
๐Ÿ’ป"Home" office (former playroom/dining room/whisky room) yes! Faux antique desk, sage shelves, ship's wheel and tweed
๐ŸŒฑ Sage living room oops! this was a wrong call! The black living room was repainted....black! But #gifted F&B black!
๐Ÿ› New non reflective bed the bed has gone, replaced by an oversize climbing frame
Brilliant, @Miscanthus!! โคโคWould also like to know the whereabouts of those elusive Core Values. Maybe they are buried under a huge pile of Nasty Gal sweatshop polyester.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
thereโ€™s just always something to talk about with Lidl! Sheโ€™s gives us a lot of great Tattle content. โ€œCreatorโ€ content, not so much ๐Ÿ˜‚

I love this thread - a great escape for a few minutes each day.
Like that release being 30 views likely all of whom were us ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Just came from reading the Elle Darby one, in need of some serious brain cleansing lol not because of the people in the thread but reading about her, thats another point when people take things to the nth degree has me floored rolling around laughing my ass off I love this forum haha

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Oh and the offcentre bed and the off centre archway. Actually the porch was somewhat iffy with dimensions as well ๐Ÿ™„

Costlyโ€™s plans for downstairs bar room leaked!๐Ÿ˜ฑ
That is just too funny! I still donโ€™t get this whole rustic look - bits of rustic with the modern bungalow would have looked better and thatโ€™s the direction I thought she was going - a la Steve Cordony. But will Lauren Costly thread rustic cotswold theme to try dungeon bar without it looking like that photo aynhoe meets milen Gordon bunga!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Dear @Oops..., I would very much like to participate in the festival!

I could offer a cooking workshop, called โ€œThe joy of vegetables and how to avoid adding too much twit to your dishesโ€

It would be accompanied by a talk on basic nutrition, such as what counts towards the โ€˜5 a dayโ€™ and why 10 a day is now known to be better.

We would also undertake a comparative study on store bought v home grown carrots. Weโ€™ll also study the rare vegetable known as โ€˜Esparagusโ€™.

At the end of the workshop, weโ€™d all enjoy our meal together at the table. There will be place mats and use of phones during the meal will be discouraged in line with basic manners.

We will then use clothes to wipe down surfaces, not a ยฃ1000 knife.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Nervous Nellie here, this is my first festival and I am starting to worry I am not going to be prepared. WHAT DO I WEAR? At the moment all I have is shave cream. Is there a dress code?
I have been feverishly beating eggs into submission and have baked enough pavs to feed the seventh fleet, I have them stored in airtight containers, the pavs that is, not the actual fleet. How will I transport them?
Will I have a powered tent, I need to ensure my cream stays fresh, I worry the heat could sour things, although I have no idea how hot it will actually be but I do worry you know. I can bring my own powered esky if need be.
whispers to self - Breath chicken breath....
๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿค’๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿ˜“:rolleyes::unsure:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

Brilliant.

Nervous Nellie here, this is my first festival and I am starting to worry I am not going to be prepared. WHAT DO I WEAR? At the moment all I have is shave cream. Is there a dress code?
I have been feverishly beating eggs into submission and have baked enough pavs to feed the seventh fleet, I have them stored in airtight containers, the pavs that is, not the actual fleet. How will I transport them?
Will I have a powered tent, I need to ensure my cream stays fresh, I worry the heat could sour things, although I have no idea how hot it will actually be but I do worry you know. I can bring my own powered esky if need be.
whispers to self - Breath chicken breath....
๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿค’๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿ˜“:rolleyes::unsure:
50 pumps of sam tropez and youโ€™ll be just fine!! Xx

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Sneaky peak of the bedroom as]nd true to form its all the same colour. Again no real contrast, why couldn't Costly have used the original curtains, I think the lighter colour contrasting with the wall colour would have looked better, this again just all blends. The lighter curtains would also have tied in the white marble. A little pleasure as I see that curtain is just a smidge too long, it should be hanging straight and not sitting on the floor, sitting on the floor is causing to to bend.
bedroom.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
Oh and the offcentre bed and the off centre archway. Actually the porch was somewhat iffy with dimensions as well ๐Ÿ™„

Costlyโ€™s plans for downstairs bar room leaked!๐Ÿ˜ฑ
No way!!!! Another themed room!!! And the dead animals on the wall... Gross!!

• Sick
Reactions: 13
Did Lydia have a new carpet in her bedroom as well, can anyone recall? So much waste.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Whatโ€™s it called when the curtain pole is hidden by cornice? Is that what makes that room look hospital-like? I feel like Iโ€™ve seen that effect before but only really in dated hotels or hospitals?!

EDIT: apparently itโ€™s a coving box or a cornice box.

Oh also, I meant to say yesterday. My dear old father in law came over yesterday, he turned 80 in March. He was wearing the exact green and brown fleece gilet thing that Lydia has.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Did Lydia have a new carpet in her bedroom as well, can anyone recall? So much waste.
Yup, pretty sure the shag pile has gone, to be replaced by sack cloth and ashes, sympathetic to the country yet contemporary, rural yet modern assthetic!!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Noooooo! I have plans for you on the other list - Hang on all will be revealed! NO Ketchup required - Lose the Ketchup - Ainโ€™t no ketchup coming near these events. Kill the faffing Ketchup! ๐Ÿ…
I can confirm,@Oops, that there will be no - repeat - no ketchup at either of these prestigious events. What kind of Tattler would lower the tone by suggesting squeezy bottles of ketchup ( cough, cough, ahem). To make it up to you, I will keep a beady eye on the day for such contraband items, such as ketchup, balsam, mayo and, God forbid, barbeque sauce. Those found in possession will be prosecuted, fined, and forcibly removed by moi. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Sneaky peak of the bedroom as]nd true to form its all the same colour. Again no real contrast, why couldn't Costly have used the original curtains, I think the lighter colour contrasting with the wall colour would have looked better, this again just all blends. The lighter curtains would also have tied in the white marble. A little pleasure as I see that curtain is just a smidge too long, it should be hanging straight and not sitting on the floor, sitting on the floor is causing to to bend.
View attachment 545190
Is it me or is this the lazy person's decorating style? Make everything match...?

Yes, as somebody who makes their own curtains, I can say that is either catching on something or is a smidgen too long.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Is it me or is this the lazy person's decorating style? Make everything match...?

Yes, as somebody who makes their own curtains, I can say that is either catching on something or is a smidgen too long.
It is surprising, the blandness, in other rooms Lauren has done I am sure she has some contrast. Using the same curtains would have saved a shed load of money too. Those other curtains were only a few years old and would have no doubt been very good quality, to me I think more money spent unnecessarily. This gave me a giggle, I went to look at Laurens insta to see if she had posted anything about the bedroom and saw the bedroom of dreams but as Lauren points out not lydiots ;-). And as you will know, those curtains could drop even more, making them even longer :p
not her.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 14
DOWNTONBURY FESTIVAL - 2021 - June 25th - 27th

Iโ€™m just waiting for my pull cart to arrive so I can bring the bubbles. Iโ€™ll be there with bells on. ๐Ÿฅ‚

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Here is a thought. I was just looking through her house pix and came across this picture of downstairs. Couple of things, first thing someone mentioned this earlier about the stone not being on the ground but imagine walking up from the basement from the wooden floor then suddenly your on stone, weird. Secondly where does the drop cloth finish, from this angle it needs to continue further, I wonder if we will ever get a full tour, all we have seen so far are bits and pieces really, we dont see how the whole thing ties together, mainly I suppose because it actually doesnt tie together, there are knots in the threading. ;)
downstairs.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Thousands for these drapes... meh. Really not worth it. And yes too long. Not a fan at all of this BLAAAAAHHH. And those sofa pillows look out of place and the colors again... clash ๐Ÿ˜‘

All new carpet and curtains after only what... 2 years?

1DD63C92-5C59-4D17-8228-F2EA212B98C2.jpeg
8AEE81BD-F173-4139-B7F8-0034043C5723.jpeg

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.