Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Oops...

VIP Member
I would never order anything from Sarah Raven. Lovely brochure but very expensive. For the gardener who is playing at it.
Yep lovely brochure (my daughter loves her). Eye-watering prices sometimes. Had no idea she was playing at it though. I love Bunny Guinness. I love her gates with the hares. She once described a project she was working on by saying she wanted to make an undulating path going towards a woodland and have it planted out with silver pears and under planted with bluebells. I could see that path in my mind’s eye and wanted it soooo badly...sigh...

Reactions: 11

Oops...

VIP Member
I respected Maria Hatzistefani, the founder of Rodial, for her success and being a girl boss par excellence. I even read her book. Don't know what to think now. It always seemed like she is still quite involved in the brand. Maybe her pr team or social media team should do a background check on the influencers they work with...
Lydia interviewed her once when she was in London...

Oops...

VIP Member
I meant to share this earlier. Danae shows how you can use an app to adjust your body shape via the app and it then tracks the changes in a video. Just goes to show that you really don't know what you are watching, is it truth or fake?
Thanks for posting this! It’s amazing and I LOVE the text and hope it really helps lots of people...

• Heart

Tatlet

Didn’t realise she had a tiktok but she came up on my recommendations in an absolute joke of videos where she’s trying to dress ‘country’ and literally larks about in her bra and knickers getting dressed -
The comments though, people in tiktok are not as friendly 💀
Gen Z don’t take no bullshit 😂

• Haha

ankakaka

I feel the same way. I don't dislike her for the sake of disliking her. I used to love watching her videos, I thought she was gorgeous and would be inspired by her outfits, makeup etc. But when she changed I felt like I'd lost a friend. Now I feel frustrated, betrayed and bitter. Was the Lydia we see today always there? Or has she genuinely changed? People don't like feeling lied to and I think that's what has driven a lot of us here. I can sometimes still see glimmers of old Lydia which does give me hope, but unfortunately the bad outweighs the good.
Yes... for some time she was in my top 3 youtubers. Her outfits was inspiring even if i dont shop via mytheresa etc but i was inspired and easily finds pieces in my price range to achieve similar look. I used to show her picture to my hairdresser.... i cant believe i lost her. Today i watched some old videos because i was looking for some spring inspo and her style back then was my fav. Powerful and feminine but not feminine like nowadays but a little bit sexy with some cool fashion pieces. Ughhh my favs.

• Heart

toomuchstuff

VIP Member
Please, please help a girl out here. Is the underfloor heating for her skinny arse or for her tomatoes? Is she planning on going barefoot in the greedhouse? Am no gardener but am baffled by all this expense - just literally no resemblance to my father’s greenhouse back in the day - and he was a productive gardener.
It's to keep her skinny arse warm. She doesnt give a toss about producing anything to eat, or anything pretty.

Wtf is the point of International Dress Day, really? Who came up with it? Is it just to sell more dresses?
LOL maybe she got it wrong and its actually "International Get Dressed Day". At least it gets her out of the dressing gown.

It seems like the black walls might have gone (we shall find out on Monday) - love that she’s using monkey emojis. I think everyone associates monkeys with eating banana 🍌

View attachment 470122

We had a poll on 30 Oct about when the living room wall colour would be changing. It seems only 5 people back then thought the wall colour would never change...

View attachment 470119
She had to change it AND I think she is going to have to change all the white and as someone else (sorry I cant remember who) pointed out she is going to have to change the black on the stairways.

Last edited:

toomuchstuff

VIP Member
Omg amazing! She must have been sick having to upload this 🍌 partnership that was filmed on the very day she shot that vile video. She’s had to sit on this for weeks knowing she contractually has to share it. OR she just shot it wearing the same sweater knowing the banana controversy the entire time. Either way Haha. Gotta love karma

And the fact that Rodial is supporting her on the wall and in stories is going to open this right up again. Let’s go!
Gosh I hope it does open things up again. I really thought this time with her treatment of Nicky she would go down.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

RubyRu

VIP Member
Lydia she is like a baby in not knowing the most basic things in life especially how freakin gutters work!

I thought her hair looked really greasy especially on the left hand side and I thought in this one I see a strand of grey hair unless it’s really highlighted! I’m getting so much grey hair since I’m gonna turn 50! That sound of turning 50 really freaks me out and I remember crying when I turned 30! I feel old because of my Thyroid my hair is super thick but last year it’s getting thinner and I have zero energy!! 🙈

Well what do you know you get a garage for a million dollar home!!! Lydia and Ali should of never over spent on their house with no garage!
I cried when I turned 30. Hahaha.

I've got a hair appointment tomorrow to cover the greys. :D

• Heart
  • Wow

Margo Polo

VIP Member
So if she is painting the lounge room walls AGAIN, what colour do we think they will be??

I am thinking they will still be very dark but a more natural dark, that way she can still claim the credit for the black that she loved so much but now it is a warmer colour. SO I am thinking it will be a very dark dark brown, maybe like dark chocolate brown.

I don't think she likes the colour in the kitchen as much as she thought she would. When she mentioned that the bifold doors were painted and it was looking like a barn she wasn't selling it to me, she just said she liked it, normally if she likes something she looooves it and its a game changer etc etc.

I don't know but I dont think she is going to like it all as much as she wants to. She isn't sure on the colour for the powder room and thought that could stay the same colour BUT looking at it the other day the wall looks damaged so I think it will need to be painted.

In the study it was ok, as it was one room and it was a so called 'mans study' so it was appropriate BUT I dont think she is going to like it throughout the house.

I thought she loved the black and white with just the little touches of natural timber, I think all this very rustic timber and colours will be too much for her. Those stools for kitchen I love BUT I think Ali will wonder why the lovely comfortable stools he sat on have been replaced with these old battered hard stools. I think they would be better in a corner with a plant on them, not for actual usage.

I think she liked the ideas Lauren had BUT I think Lauren has maybe taken things further than Lydiot was expecting.

Personally I would love it but this has been my taste for years, not something that just developed overnight in me. I have an old timber dresser and tables and cupboards that I bought second hand over 20 years ago, I have cream coloured tongue and groove wainscotting with sage/grey walls above and I love it but I would never have black and white walls like she used to have, so I wonder if her taste has completely changed also or if she just thinks it SHOULD have changed to something more country and more traditional.
Totally agreed with you except the brown wall... I think it will be like a dark green hmmm let’s see.. what about wood on the wall... wallpaper?

toomuchstuff

VIP Member
Totally agreed with you except the brown wall... I think it will be like a dark green hmmm let’s see.. what about wood on the wall... wallpaper?
Yup a dark dark green would work also, wood on the wall you mean more tongue and groove? I don't think she would do wallpaper in the lounge. She could be putting tongue and groove in there also BECAUSE she says there is a change in the lounge room, implying its not just a colour change, so you could be right. Or some built in shelves either side of the fireplace that could be a thing too. I get the impression that there is more happening than we thought.

• Wow

Homebird44

VIP Member
The sweetest and nicest experience I have had with luxury shopping is in DIOR. Very polite, naturel non pushy and overall pleased to be helping you.
I am looking at bags at the moment, trying to find the perfect one for my 50th (gone off Hermès), what would you all suggest ??
Wish I could help you, the most I've spent on a bag is £12 from Tesco. Hope you find a lovely one, my neice has a wardrobe just for her bags and shoes, all designer.

• Heart
I think Ali is enjoying Lydiots discomfort, he is enjoying seeing things go wrong/badly because I bet he warned her about it before she started getting the floors ripped up (in winter) and all at once. He is on a "well I told you so" and 'well this is what you wanted" trip.
I think you’re right 😬😬😬

Hunevoque2

VIP Member
She does not know what they have planned for the cinema/bar? Like is this your house or not Lidl????? I just cannot with her... Also the whole "phase" thing. It is not an expedition to the moon or a chem experiment! It is a fuc*in renovation. Get a grip FFS. Reminds me of this zombie film, world war z or something. weren't they talking in phases/waves there? :D or was it something different. Can't remember. She just annoys me so much

Please go to the top of the page and click the WIKI button. There you can find all info :)
Of course she doesn’t know what is going on, it is just send out wild invitation and put up with what ever turns up!