Lydia Millen #73 Porter chewed her Hermès belt, must be karma for how Nicky Lazou felt!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Long term lurker but did Ali ever say why he stopped taking steroids and stopped body building? His body is so different and her face is so ruined, do they even fancy each other anymore? Seem more little brother and controlling big sister.
View attachment 469543View attachment 469544View attachment 469545
Hahahahha, that pic with the wool hat gets me every time. I'm personally not a fan of over muscular guys, so having no muscles, wouldn't make me not love a partner. If Lydia wasn't all time sour faced, her ruined face would still be somewhat attractive. She still has those eyes.

I didnt have anything wrong on my mind by saying that. I hope you know it. I just dont know how to call her current style....her style (similar to josie) is so weird. It looks like they pretend to look like maybe royal family. I dont know... in my country womens in their 30s doesn’t wear ruffle long dress with hermes belt at home. Maybe this is a thing in uk because of royal and other old wealthy families. I have No idea.
Even the queen doesn't dress like that
LEM_queen.png

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Since it’s Saturday so I have a little spare time and since you have asked (I think @Hunevoque2 once asked too) I will attempt to tell the sorry tale. Apologies for the length of it...

I boycotted Hermes in 2004. I did so because of an extremely tiresome and stressful experience with them in their Paris store. (I think it may have been that store that refused Oprah entry because she was a woman of colour!!:mad: ) But - I digress...

So - the year before, I had met a Lady whilst making a series of TV programmes for a well-known company. (I’m no one special or famous, I just had a particular skill they needed for the program.) She was a very commanding woman - very tall and very elegant. She could fill a room with her presence. We really hit it off. We really got on with each other and we laughed and laughed and laughed together. We stayed firm friends until her sad, untimely death some years later.

This Lady was extremely grand and a force to be reckoned with. Some found her to be prickly and aristocratically high-handed. She never was with me but she was formidable when you saw her in action. I loved her for this because she was such a kind and lovely woman when you got to know the real her. She was a lot older than me but that didn’t matter because we shared similar interests and an almost identical sense of the absurd. She was great fun and a truly wonderful, supportive friend to me.

She had a big Birthday coming up that year and so I took her to Paris as a treat. We shopped...every day we shopped...

One of our excursions found us in Hermes. My friend raised an eyebrow and immediately a lovely silk chair appeared for her to sit on whilst I frolicked in the frocks. I bought a grey coat (worn twice but still in wardrobe) and then we just wandered together throughout the store. I mentioned that I was looking for some cutlery having recently bought a London flat and was fed up bringing knives and forks from home when I stayed there.

She found some...She urged me to buy it because it was lovely to look at and she said it suited me (I had always wanted to look like a fork and anyway she was the best friend to go shopping with because she always told the truth AND she always found the loveliest and most perfect things for me. She had SUCH a good eye. I trusted her implicitly.) So after not much deliberation I went ahead and bought a whole canteen of this beautiful cutlery. As it was fairly heavy they said the would post it to me in London. So comes the day - comes the cutlery - and I admit I did a thrilling unboxing when it arrived. I laid it out and I gave myself praise for choosing so wisely.

In a VERY short time the silver cutlery turned orange and then brown. So I polished it, stored it back in the big boxes it came in and didn’t think any more. Until, I had to use it for a bash I was throwing in town. Lo and behold - I opened the box and it was orange and brown again. So I cleaned it again and repeated the whole charade. I got fed up with this so told my friend. She came to stay with me that weekend and I showed her. She was very put out for me and said she wished she had never set eyes on it as she felt responsible for urging me to buy it. I assured her this wasn’t the case. Anyway, she decided that next morning (Saturday) we were going to Hermes in Sloane Street (very nearby) and SHE was going to complain!

She sailed into Hermes like a galleon. She quite literally opened the boxes and emptied them noisily on the glass counter and told the SA in no uncertain terms that their cutlery was utter rubbish! (She did not use the word rubbish btw). I was like a rabbit caught in the headlights standing behind her watching this scene all pan out. The SA then said (and I quote) Madam, this silver needs cleaning! My friend then royally KICKED OFF! She explained she had had silver all her life. Her family had used family silver all their lives. She had family silver open to the public. She was well aware that silver needed cleaning, however it should not need cleaning EVERY DAY! The SA took out a silver cloth and cleaned one spoon. He put it on the counter and we watched it turn pale orange in front of our eyes. He explained he would have to send it back to Paris and have tests done on it. So my cutlery was confiscated and sent back to Paris. It could not be dealt with in UK. WHY? Who knows...

After many weeks nothing was heard from Paris. My friend came to stay again. She carted me back to Sloane Street and a chair appeared (for her) as soon as we entered. She explained that nothing had been done and demanded a full refund. She was told that that would not be possible and that SHE had to get in touch with the store in Paris!! We went back to my flat and she did - in flawless French.

This carried on getting batted backwards and forwards for months. In the end they rang me and told me there were indeed problems with that consignment of cutlery and that they were sending me a credit note. My French is poor - very poor. However, I managed to tell them I did not want a credit note - I was much more in favour of a full refund please. NON! NON! NON! It was not company policy to give refunds - only a similar amount to what I had spent in Paris (taking account of fluctuations in currency meanwhile). I was told that they had given me their permission to spend this similar amount in their store in London. I was so hacked off by this because it now meant I had to go and spend a fairly significant amount of money on things I really didn’t want or need. Like a leather pochette containing a battery light to shine on the keyhole of my front door and a watch I would not normally have chosen to buy. This along with various scarves and almost every scent bottle they sold completed the wretched transaction. It was a dreary shopping excursion undertaken with no enthusiasm, which took hours just to get goods to the value of.

So that’s why I have very good reason not to shop with them ever again. They produced sub-standard cutlery and I had to pay the price for it. There was no apology - no uptake of responsibility - just hard-nosed retention of my hard-earned cash. THE END.
Thank you.
What a very bad experience. I have noticed that one of my silver bracelets is always brown and black when I pull it out of the box!
Also I tried on some jumping boots, and noticed that the leather was really wrinkled and bad looking on the back,didn’t purchase because I couldn’t even get my foot in😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Since it’s Saturday so I have a little spare time and since you have asked (I think @Hunevoque2 once asked too) I will attempt to tell the sorry tale. Apologies for the length of it...

I boycotted Hermes in 2004. I did so because of an extremely tiresome and stressful experience with them in their Paris store. (I think it may have been that store that refused Oprah entry because she was a woman of colour!!:mad: ) But - I digress...

So - the year before, I had met a Lady whilst making a series of TV programmes for a well-known company. (I’m no one special or famous, I just had a particular skill they needed for the program.) She was a very commanding woman - very tall and very elegant. She could fill a room with her presence. We really hit it off. We really got on with each other and we laughed and laughed and laughed together. We stayed firm friends until her sad, untimely death some years later.

This Lady was extremely grand and a force to be reckoned with. Some found her to be prickly and aristocratically high-handed. She never was with me but she was formidable when you saw her in action. I loved her for this because she was such a kind and lovely woman when you got to know the real her. She was a lot older than me but that didn’t matter because we shared similar interests and an almost identical sense of the absurd. She was great fun and a truly wonderful, supportive friend to me.

She had a big Birthday coming up that year and so I took her to Paris as a treat. We shopped...every day we shopped...

One of our excursions found us in Hermes. My friend raised an eyebrow and immediately a lovely silk chair appeared for her to sit on whilst I frolicked in the frocks. I bought a grey coat (worn twice but still in wardrobe) and then we just wandered together throughout the store. I mentioned that I was looking for some cutlery having recently bought a London flat and was fed up bringing knives and forks from home when I stayed there.

She found some...She urged me to buy it because it was lovely to look at and she said it suited me (I had always wanted to look like a fork and anyway she was the best friend to go shopping with because she always told the truth AND she always found the loveliest and most perfect things for me. She had SUCH a good eye. I trusted her implicitly.) So after not much deliberation I went ahead and bought a whole canteen of this beautiful cutlery. As it was fairly heavy they said the would post it to me in London. So comes the day - comes the cutlery - and I admit I did a thrilling unboxing when it arrived. I laid it out and I gave myself praise for choosing so wisely.

In a VERY short time the silver cutlery turned orange and then brown. So I polished it, stored it back in the big boxes it came in and didn’t think any more. Until, I had to use it for a bash I was throwing in town. Lo and behold - I opened the box and it was orange and brown again. So I cleaned it again and repeated the whole charade. I got fed up with this so told my friend. She came to stay with me that weekend and I showed her. She was very put out for me and said she wished she had never set eyes on it as she felt responsible for urging me to buy it. I assured her this wasn’t the case. Anyway, she decided that next morning (Saturday) we were going to Hermes in Sloane Street (very nearby) and SHE was going to complain!

She sailed into Hermes like a galleon. She quite literally opened the boxes and emptied them noisily on the glass counter and told the SA in no uncertain terms that their cutlery was utter rubbish! (She did not use the word rubbish btw). I was like a rabbit caught in the headlights standing behind her watching this scene all pan out. The SA then said (and I quote) Madam, this silver needs cleaning! My friend then royally KICKED OFF! She explained she had had silver all her life. Her family had used family silver all their lives. She had family silver open to the public. She was well aware that silver needed cleaning, however it should not need cleaning EVERY DAY! The SA took out a silver cloth and cleaned one spoon. He put it on the counter and we watched it turn pale orange in front of our eyes. He explained he would have to send it back to Paris and have tests done on it. So my cutlery was confiscated and sent back to Paris. It could not be dealt with in UK. WHY? Who knows...

After many weeks nothing was heard from Paris. My friend came to stay again. She carted me back to Sloane Street and a chair appeared (for her) as soon as we entered. She explained that nothing had been done and demanded a full refund. She was told that that would not be possible and that SHE had to get in touch with the store in Paris!! We went back to my flat and she did - in flawless French.

This carried on getting batted backwards and forwards for months. In the end they rang me and told me there were indeed problems with that consignment of cutlery and that they were sending me a credit note. My French is poor - very poor. However, I managed to tell them I did not want a credit note - I was much more in favour of a full refund please. NON! NON! NON! It was not company policy to give refunds - only a similar amount to what I had spent in Paris (taking account of fluctuations in currency meanwhile). I was told that they had given me their permission to spend this similar amount in their store in London. I was so hacked off by this because it now meant I had to go and spend a fairly significant amount of money on things I really didn’t want or need. Like a leather pochette containing a battery light to shine on the keyhole of my front door and a watch I would not normally have chosen to buy. This along with various scarves and almost every scent bottle they sold completed the wretched transaction. It was a dreary shopping excursion undertaken with no enthusiasm, which took hours just to get goods to the value of.

So that’s why I have very good reason not to shop with them ever again. They produced sub-standard cutlery and I had to pay the price for it. There was no apology - no uptake of responsibility - just hard-nosed retention of my hard-earned cash. THE END.
What an incredible story. Thank you so much for sharing, @Oops. I would have been traumatised. How lovely, though, that you had such a good friend to have your back in that awful situation.

I do recall purchasing a Constance belt and the silver pin at the back broke and they wouldn’t do anything about it so I went to my local jewellers and the owner said that he actually had the mold because the same thing happened to other customers. He replaced the entire H buckle in solid silver and charged me 500€ which was still less than buying a whole new belt. I have that belt twenty years but I still was very irritated that no responsibility was taken over the breakage, and it definitely left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
The sweetest and nicest experience I have had with luxury shopping is in DIOR. Very polite, naturel non pushy and overall pleased to be helping you.
I am looking at bags at the moment, trying to find the perfect one for my 50th (gone off Hermès), what would you all suggest ??

Reactions: 21
Possible evidence that @toomuchstuff and myself may indeed be onto something regarding Lydia filming her vlog content well in advance ... she posted the Instagram Story of the water butt she had chosen for the greenhouse between 11:00pm Monday night and 12:00am Tuesday morning UK time - which means it was ordered, dispatched, delivered and installed in just four business days.

797A686B-835F-4D1A-994C-59566FF90A35.jpeg

(a lifetime habit of showing my work)
14:55 hrs Tues Melbourne Time
Minus 11 hrs time difference
= approx 04:00 hrs Tues UK Time
Minus 4 hrs photo was on Instagram Stories
= approx 23:00 hrs Mon/00:00 hrs Tues UK Time

I don’t believe the turnaround was that fast!

This appears to be the new greenhouse water butt.
0C6F7AC8-DE2D-4903-BB12-26DFF6D402C3.jpeg

I’m no greenhouse expert by any means, but is it typical to fill your work benches with gravel ... any insights @Miscanthus? 🤔

Greenhouse work bench.
FBBBCB39-B975-4AEC-A6C9-B59F1F0E42F4.jpeg

Also, if Lydia is already using the work benches in the greenhouse to this extent then surely that would indicate the underfloor heating has been installed, the screed has been laid and had time to cure AND the limestone flooring has gone down and been grouted, otherwise wouldn’t the benches be far too heavy to move out now?

Of course, as always - I could be wrong, but it doesn’t make any sense for Lydia to be posting photos like this unless the greenhouse is actually completely finished ... or she could just be making everyone else’s life exponentially more difficult by doing exactly what Ali asked her NOT to do in his last vlog when he said that Lydia “doesn’t understand there’s an order to the way things need to be done”.

Either way, her incessant need to boast proves she’s always being deceptive to some degree! 😖

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Anyone tried standing like this? Bliddy painful....nearly dislocated my hip!!!!!!!

Screenshot 2021-03-06 at 14.19.56.png

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Welcome @Ludovica - please don‘t be a stranger 💛

Great first post and there was a great deal of comment about this topic on here at the time. It appeared that she used this ‘diagnosis’ to sanction some of her difficult personality traits in order to make it OK not to address any of her flaws (hate that word but can’t think of a better one - sorry). Her whole hypothesis seemed based on Ali’s ’results’ being correct so hers must be equally correct. I too would be surprised if she really was an infj. Those tests can be somewhat misleading at the best of times anyway can’t they? They have to be taken in context and if you read up on the tests before taking the test it isn‘t too difficult to answer the questions in a way that guarantees the result you favour the most.
I guess she did not do it the right way (meaning she read about the different outcomes first and subconsciously chose the one she liked the most). I like those tests, but for someone like her it must be difficult to do them the "right way". You have to be truthful. You have to be intuitive. Lidl isn't. She lies to everyone including herself

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Also can I just add one thought to the weight discussion? ... I feel it is inappropriate. I am in no way shaming someone on here and I too agree that neither Lidl nor Ali are eating very well, healthy or enough of the things they should be eating to have a nutritious diet. Still I feel like we should be keeping in mind that we all are different and we don't have control over all parts of our appearance. As an example, I am very skinny. Or thin or whatever you want to call it. I have been accused of having an eating disorder. I agree that I don't eat that much, but I have a very healthy relationship with food. I eat when I am hungry, I eat what I like, I indulge and I definitely love healthy and unhealthy food. I am a foodie but a I just cannot eat a lot at once. And I rather loose weight than gain it. I eat smaller portions but therefore more often. My genes are the way they are and therefore my body is the way it is. We all know Lidl has changed her appearance with fillers, fake cement boobs and such. BUT she is a skinny/slim/thin person. It's just how it is. I too agree that her head looks rather big on her, but I also know she has A LOT of hair and strong facial features. She naturally (even though she is not all natural, I know) looks like she has a big head. It is what it is.
When I was accused of having an eating disorder, which is a serious thing in my opinion, I was very hurt and also a bit ashamed. It made me question myself and my relationship with eating. It took me some time to get over it and look at myself in a normal way. So please be careful with what you say about a persons body shape and appearance.
One last point: Lidl has talked about PMS and all those things connected to your period Blabla. We don't know if she takes contraception or not or whatever. But hormones, pills and all that can play a role too. Just a thing to keep in mind. We don't have all the control.

Will she block me if I like that comment??
I don't know. She did block people before that liked comments she did not like. So bear the risk in mind :D

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I know I am getting paranoid about her lying about progress and the timing of the house renovations BUT does this seem weird to anyone else??
The photo of the screed itself looks weird:
  • It looks too perfect on the edge near the doorway and inside also, or maybe they are very good screeders ;-)
  • Why are the shelves still in there, the legs of the shelves were just held up on offcuts of wall board or similar, shouldn't that all be removed for the screed and then slabs to go down then the legs sit on top of the slabs, the base of those legs is pretty fancy, why would that be buried in screed.
  • why is the screed level with the gravel, now when the slabs go on they will be higher, this could be right I suppose, that there is a step up into the green house.
This doesn't make sense to me, in Ali's vlog he emptied the pots that are in this picture and put them back inside the greenhouse empty, and said to Lydia about planting something that I can't remember in them, they were sitting on the rough floor and now they are back outside the greenhouse with the lavender in them that he took out.......that screed floor looks photoshopped, by why????....she hurts my head.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Of course, she had to be one of the first people to congratulate Zoe on the announced pregnancy :sneaky:

What a blessing Zoe is not a famous hairdresser though...

• Haha
Reactions: 18
What an incredible story. Thank you so much for sharing, @Oops. I would have been traumatised. How lovely, though, that you had such a good friend to have your back in that awful situation.

I do recall purchasing a Constance belt and the silver pin at the back broke and they wouldn’t do anything about it so I went to my local jewellers and the owner said that he actually had the mold because the same thing happened to other customers. He replaced the entire H buckle in solid silver and charged me 500€ which was still less than buying a whole new belt. I have that belt twenty years but I still was very irritated that no responsibility was taken over the breakage, and it definitely left a bad taste in my mouth.
Thank you - yes she was an amazing friend to have - I miss her very much. You don‘t meet people who go to such lengths to support you like she did very often. She was always there for me no matter what it was...

They’re not famous for their Customer Relations are they? I really struggled to find goods to the value of on the day that’s why I ended up having to get the ridiculous leather thing with the light to shine on the keyhole of the front door. Its been in a drawer ever since and the battery ran out or died fairly quickly. Of course it would have to be returned to them to change the wretched battery. It was the last thing I got in the ‘goods to the value of ‘ fiasco and I only bought it to make up the discrepancy in the amount of cash still left to spend.

Strangely enough writing about it today has made me really cross - possibly more cross than I felt at the time...:sick:

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
The sweetest and nicest experience I have had with luxury shopping is in DIOR. Very polite, naturel non pushy and overall pleased to be helping you.
I am looking at bags at the moment, trying to find the perfect one for my 50th (gone off Hermès), what would you all suggest ??
Wish I could help you, the most I've spent on a bag is £12 from Tesco. Hope you find a lovely one, my neice has a wardrobe just for her bags and shoes, all designer.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I meant to share this earlier. Danae shows how you can use an app to adjust your body shape via the app and it then tracks the changes in a video. Just goes to show that you really don't know what you are watching, is it truth or fake?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Possible evidence that @toomuchstuff and myself may indeed be onto something regarding Lydia filming her vlog content well in advance ... she posted the Instagram Story of the water butt she had chosen for the greenhouse between 11:00pm Monday night and 12:00am Tuesday morning UK time - which means it was ordered, dispatched, delivered and installed in just four business days.

View attachment 469959

(a lifetime habit of showing my work)
14:55 hrs Tues Melbourne Time
Minus 11 hrs time difference
= approx 04:00 hrs Tues UK Time
Minus 4 hrs photo was on Instagram Stories
= approx 23:00 hrs Mon/00:00 hrs Tues UK Time

I don’t believe the turnaround was that fast!

This appears to be the new greenhouse water butt.
View attachment 469960

I’m no greenhouse expert by any means, but is it typical to fill your work benches with gravel ... any insights @Miscanthus? 🤔

Greenhouse work bench.
View attachment 469962

Also, if Lydia is already using the work benches in the greenhouse to this extent then surely that would indicate the underfloor heating has been installed, the screed has been laid and had time to cure AND the limestone flooring has gone down and been grouted, otherwise wouldn’t the benches be far too heavy to move out now?

Of course, as always - I could be wrong, but it doesn’t make any sense for Lydia to be posting photos like this unless the greenhouse is actually completely finished ... or she could just be making everyone else’s life exponentially more difficult by doing exactly what Ali asked her NOT to do in his last vlog when he said that Lydia “doesn’t understand there’s an order to the way things need to be done”.

Either way, her incessant need to boast proves she’s always being deceptive to some degree! 😖
This is not gravel, it's a lightweight man made clay pellet which is filling the trays and providing drainage as well as holding onto moisture.
I do hope the floor is in because it's going to be a right pain in the assthetic to move that staging...especially if the clay pellets are saturated.

By the way, my tent will be pitched next to @Oops... at our get together and I will be offering free gardening advice in the few hours until I can no longer speak coherently...at which time I will be speaking in Latin!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.