Lydia Millen #73 Porter chewed her Hermès belt, must be karma for how Nicky Lazou felt!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
hi. uhm this is the first time i write a comment here and probably also the last time.... i used to love lydia but the past months I got a weird feeling about her but couldn't really put it into words. after reading about the hair drama I cannot watch her videos anymore. I feel so sorry for the pregnant hair dresser. Trying to get a pregnant woman out of her job in the mists of a worldwide pandemic is a terrible thing to do.
Also there's another thing that bothers me personally. It's maybe a bit unnecessary to write it now, but that one video where she talked about mbti and that she got typed as an infj bothers me a lot. mbti is a great way to get to know yourself better and understand yourself better. But it's also extremely complex with all the cognitive function and shadow functions and how they work with each other and so on. So it kinda makes me a bit angry to see someone who's so influential as her talk about it in such a shallow way. (Also I'm pretty sure she's not an infj. Her saying that she's a natural over sharer is one of many traits that don't belong to those of an infj. I think she's an isfp.) Anyway. I hope you all have a lovely day.
Welcome @Ludovica - please don‘t be a stranger 💛

Great first post and there was a great deal of comment about this topic on here at the time. It appeared that she used this ‘diagnosis’ to sanction some of her difficult personality traits in order to make it OK not to address any of her flaws (hate that word but can’t think of a better one - sorry). Her whole hypothesis seemed based on Ali’s ’results’ being correct so hers must be equally correct. I too would be surprised if she really was an infj. Those tests can be somewhat misleading at the best of times anyway can’t they? They have to be taken in context and if you read up on the tests before taking the test it isn‘t too difficult to answer the questions in a way that guarantees the result you favour the most.

Last edited:
Reactions: 27
DID SOMEONE SAY PAVLOVA?

Dear Madam

Food Safety Act - Pudding Division.

I write to you as the Official Food Taster of this Global Event.

It is incumbent upon me to advise you that according to Item 309, sub-section 7 of the Muddy Boot Event Food Act (1996) - random food testing must be made by an Official Food Taster.

Your Pavlova has been randomly chosen. Therefore please would you be kind enough to send a sample of the said Pavlova you intend to provide at the 2021 event? It is to be received at our Headquarters by no later than next Monday.

A fully immersed scientific study will be made upon the sample you send and a written report will be made available to you thereafter.

Thank you in anticipation of your compliance.

Yours faithfully

The Very Rev. Dame Boadecia Sackville-Pastry
Dear Dame Boadecia Sackville-Pastry
I hope this letter finds you in good health.
It is with a heavy heart that I must write and inform you that I am unable to fulfil your request, as said pavlova fell from my row boat and was last seen floating away on a very strong tide toward Indonesia.
I do however have a couple of soggy Tim Tams that you may be interested in sampling and will get them into the post as soon as I arrive at port of Visakhapatnam, which should be in about 38 days time.
Should you fail to receive parcel of soggy Tim Tams I have possibly been taken by a big white shark or been sucked into the intake of a passing tanker.
Your faithful servant
Toomuchstuff

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Oh I know that 😂 its as if she is playing dress up 🙄 in a few months time she will change again to something completely different....she's an absolute muppet 😂 I have been meaning to ask....has she ever mentioned the fact that she now as the hermes black kelly 🤔 I can't remember if she has 🙄
It was on display with NO fanfare whatsoever...(as far as I am aware it’s been crickets since it appeared). I have absolutely no love of Hermes for very good reasons, so could not be more apathetic to any of the Hermes trumpet blowing. ;)

Edit. Having said this I do love @FarNiente’s bags - but that is the only exception I can make :love:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
It was on display with NO fanfare whatsoever...(as far as I am aware it’s been crickets since it appeared). I have absolutely no love of Hermes for very good reasons, so could not be more apathetic to any of the Hermes trumpet blowing. ;)

Edit. Having said this I do love @FarNiente’s handbags - but that is the only exception I can make :love:
Don’t leave us hanging, @Oops, spill the tea!!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Welcome @Ludovica - please don‘t be a stranger 💛

Great first post and there was a great deal of comment about this topic on here at the time. It appeared that she used this ‘diagnosis’ to sanction some of her difficult personality traits in order to make it OK not to address any of her flaws (hate that word but can’t think of a better one - sorry). Her whole hypothesis seemed based on Ali’s ’results’ being correct so hers must be equally correct. I too would be surprised if she really was an infj. Those tests can be somewhat misleading at the best of times anyway can’t they? They have to be taken in context and if you read up on the tests before taking the test it isn‘t too difficult to answer the questions in a way that guarantees the result you favour the most.
Thank you for the welcome. 💛 I agree with you that the tests can be misleading. I always tell people to read more about cognitive functions. because they are the relevant part of mbti. Anyway I just quickly wanted to share my thoughts. :)

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I know I am getting paranoid about her lying about progress and the timing of the house renovations BUT does this seem weird to anyone else??
The photo of the screed itself looks weird:
  • It looks too perfect on the edge near the doorway and inside also, or maybe they are very good screeders ;-)
  • Why are the shelves still in there, the legs of the shelves were just held up on offcuts of wall board or similar, shouldn't that all be removed for the screed and then slabs to go down then the legs sit on top of the slabs, the base of those legs is pretty fancy, why would that be buried in screed.
  • why is the screed level with the gravel, now when the slabs go on they will be higher, this could be right I suppose, that there is a step up into the green house.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Long time lurker, first time poster here!

Firstly, THANK YOU. Because of this forum of lovely tattlers, I realised how badly I was being gaslighted.

Like you, @Ludovica, I really enjoyed Lydia’s vlogs, and was so excited for her when she & Ali married and started making their new home together.

I am embarrassed now; I also showed a picture of her hair to my hair stylist. I bought the By Terry CC serum. I bought the excuses, fakery and lies.

It was Lydia herself that actually led me here. Her constant obvious references to people pointing out her hypocrisy helped guide the way.

I can, and do, forgive/understand her for many things but the bullying of a pregnant woman while also playing the damsel in distress is sickening. The quick change of Winston for Porter just as major renovations began was sad and manipulative. The over-consumption of every trend while preaching sustainability is hypocritical.

In a recent vlog, without recognition of the irony, Lydia was doing her normal opening of many boxes section in every blog these days. She opened a box of fresh flowers from one company, took a couple of seconds to Oooh & Ahh at it. Then read a note on another box of flowers, this company apologised for not sending the exact free flowers that she had asked for as the world-wide lack of cardboard had hit their supply chain. :unsure:

Behind Lydia was a mountain of cardboard the size of her. Not a word was said about sustainability.

She could truly embrace some causes and show the work and dedication required to truly influence fashion by actually designing, or world events like the sleeping rough charity or actually practice sustainable living. I suspect, though, that she will continue to swallow the truckloads of Amazon boxes and spew the tired “haul” vlogs.

I am sad for her. She seems lonely and lost. However, I cannot support or condone her behaviour. I feel betrayed.

Does anyone have a banana?🍌

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 77
Oh tit, somehow we managed to forget to post this for a longer time. The throwback pics of her reminded me of the duty.
View attachment 468328

My festival attire: True Indian heritage warderobe
View attachment 468331

btw, I will come together with young James Spader, he loves a good festival, and is a huge fan of Mad-donna. (I put him in the same folder with Lyds pics, so I thought it's only fair to him.)
View attachment 468333
How can she pretend to have this modest country girl aesthetic in Zimmerman tablecloth dresses when this is how she used to dress. Not the mention the glaring racist cultural appropriation. Her style is so off. Boho country girl works for Josie but not L.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Yel

Lovely to see so many new people here expressing an opinion.

We're the #2 hit on Google when you search for her 😃 right now. I think it just goes to show if you're an unpleasant person your mask will eventually slip and people will see behind it

Screenshot_20210306-122434_Chrome.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
How can she pretend to have this modest country girl aesthetic in Zimmerman tablecloth dresses when this is how she used to dress. Not the mention the glaring racist cultural appropriation. Her style is so off. Boho country girl works for Josie but not L.
I’m by no means saying Lydia dresses well at the moment, but Josie‘s style of tacky faux aristocratic granny is significantly uglier.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I think long term use of steroids can be very detrimental especially for men - if you get my drift. He was probably wise to discontinue their use. I think he is looking very pale and unwell however he tries to remain upbeat in his vlogs. Without wishing to sound unkind I think he has much bigger problems than his lack of physique right now. I’m not sure he is getting the quiet life he seems to have tried so hard for. He seems to be becoming almost shadow like. It is up to him though to take responsibility for fixing this. I‘m not sure if I buy into the ‘Poor Ali” narrative any more. Yes - you are absolutely right - finding a balance might help him enormously.
He's the one with a mate who is a 'life coach' so he might want to make an appointment.

I know I am getting paranoid about her lying about progress and the timing of the house renovations BUT does this seem weird to anyone else??
The photo of the screed itself looks weird:
  • It looks too perfect on the edge near the doorway and inside also, or maybe they are very good screeders ;-)
  • Why are the shelves still in there, the legs of the shelves were just held up on offcuts of wall board or similar, shouldn't that all be removed for the screed and then slabs to go down then the legs sit on top of the slabs, the base of those legs is pretty fancy, why would that be buried in screed.
  • why is the screed level with the gravel, now when the slabs go on they will be higher, this could be right I suppose, that there is a step up into the green house.
You are right. She has put the Greedhouse staging in the Greedhouse because she's too impatient. It's prime growing season, don't you know! The legs of the staging are resting on offcuts to ensure they don't sink into the sub base. There is also underfloor heating 😂 to go in under the slabs, raising them even more.
I'm assuming Alitex have done their work (flowers sent on completion of job) and her indoor workforce will now be doing the flooring here too.

Lovely to see so many new people here expressing an opinion.

We're the #2 hit on Google when you search for her 😃 right now. I think it just goes to show if you're an unpleasant person your mask will eventually slip and people will see behind it

View attachment 469764
Love this! Thanks for letting us know!
We work hard on this thread but we're planning a party! 🍌💛🍌

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
If the influencer work dries up, Ali should retrain as a barber. He’s made a cracking job of his hair all through lockdown. I mean he obviously did it himself because he showed us, just like he painted the living room walls black all by himself!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
He's the one with a mate who is a 'life coach' so he might want to make an appointment.

You are right. She has put the Greedhouse staging in the Greedhouse because she's too impatient. It's prime growing season, don't you know! The legs of the staging are resting on offcuts to ensure they don't sink into the sub base. There is also underfloor heating 😂 to go in under the slabs, raising them even more.
I'm assuming Alitex have done their work (flowers sent on completion of job) and her indoor workforce will now be doing the flooring here too.

Love this! Thanks for letting us know!
We work hard on this thread but we're planning a party! 🍌💛🍌
Please, please help a girl out here. Is the underfloor heating for her skinny arse or for her tomatoes? Is she planning on going barefoot in the greedhouse? Am no gardener but am baffled by all this expense - just literally no resemblance to my father’s greenhouse back in the day - and he was a productive gardener.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Please, please help a girl out here. Is the underfloor heating for her skinny arse or for her tomatoes? Is she planning on going barefoot in the greedhouse? Am no gardener but am baffled by all this expense - just literally no resemblance to my father’s greenhouse back in the day - and he was a productive gardener.
No greenhouse has underfloor heating. Most greenhouses are on soil so you can grow crops inside. If not, they have gravel for drainage and a central paved section to walk on.
I have no idea how she is expecting to water anything without having any drainage. The underfloor heating will dry everything out so she will need to be on top of that.
I'm also concerned whether the underfloor heating will be suitable in, say, midwinter when you want to keep everything frost free. I would worry about the pipes. Electric fan heaters are designed with a frost setting so only come on when required.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I also agree with @bibbitybitt. Her frame is not that of someone who is eating a healthy, plentiful diet. Neither does she look toned and strong so it can't be exercise that's causing it. She reminds me of models in the mid-90s with lollipop heads and heroine chic bodies. It was criminal that magazines, advertisers and photographers glamourised that look and I never ever want to see it return!! So when she cinches in her waist like that and mentions she's a size 4 constantly, it really makes me concerned for her and particularly any impressionable young girls who follow her.

More recently I've been shocked to see her hobbling about like a frail old lady. I'm really not being mean for the sake of it, this is genuinely what my eyes see.

And some sort of ED would also explain the snippy hangery temperament.

I feel sad for her. Her job, the scrutiny she's under, the pressure to maintain her lifestyle and the stress of keeping up with her lies and fake persona must be a big contributing factor (despite her 'I don't give a duck' vibes).

I really believe she needs to remove herself from social media, get herself well again and restart her career doing something else (property development or interiors perhaps). Yes she will likely have to accept that she'll need to live more modestly but part of her growing as a person will be learning to step down from the pedestal that she's clinging onto, and accepting that she's just like the rest of us. Fame, adoration and beauty are fleeting for most, it's time for Lydia to get real, get well and consider the future before she crumbles.
Yes I agree with you. Much as I dislike her there is a part of me which feels sorry for her. She does need to get away from SM for a while and maybe get some professional help.

Reactions: 11
Don’t leave us hanging, @Oops, spill the tea!!
Since it’s Saturday so I have a little spare time and since you have asked (I think @Hunevoque2 once asked too) I will attempt to tell the sorry tale. Apologies for the length of it...

I boycotted Hermes in 2004. I did so because of an extremely tiresome and stressful experience with them in their Paris store. (I think it may have been that store that refused Oprah entry because she was a woman of colour!!:mad: ) But - I digress...

So - the year before, I had met a Lady whilst making a series of TV programmes for a well-known company. (I’m no one special or famous, I just had a particular skill they needed for the program.) She was a very commanding woman - very tall and very elegant. She could fill a room with her presence. We really hit it off. We really got on with each other and we laughed and laughed and laughed together. We stayed firm friends until her sad, untimely death some years later.

This Lady was extremely grand and a force to be reckoned with. Some found her to be prickly and aristocratically high-handed. She never was with me but she was formidable when you saw her in action. I loved her for this because she was such a kind and lovely woman when you got to know the real her. She was a lot older than me but that didn’t matter because we shared similar interests and an almost identical sense of the absurd. She was great fun and a truly wonderful, supportive friend to me.

She had a big Birthday coming up that year and so I took her to Paris as a treat. We shopped...every day we shopped...

One of our excursions found us in Hermes. My friend raised an eyebrow and immediately a lovely silk chair appeared for her to sit on whilst I frolicked in the frocks. I bought a grey coat (worn twice but still in wardrobe) and then we just wandered together throughout the store. I mentioned that I was looking for some cutlery having recently bought a London flat and was fed up bringing knives and forks from home when I stayed there.

She found some...She urged me to buy it because it was lovely to look at and she said it suited me (I had always wanted to look like a fork and anyway she was the best friend to go shopping with because she always told the truth AND she always found the loveliest and most perfect things for me. She had SUCH a good eye. I trusted her implicitly.) So after not much deliberation I went ahead and bought a whole canteen of this beautiful cutlery. As it was fairly heavy they said the would post it to me in London. So comes the day - comes the cutlery - and I admit I did a thrilling unboxing when it arrived. I laid it out and I gave myself praise for choosing so wisely.

In a VERY short time the silver cutlery turned orange and then brown. So I polished it, stored it back in the big boxes it came in and didn’t think any more. Until, I had to use it for a bash I was throwing in town. Lo and behold - I opened the box and it was orange and brown again. So I cleaned it again and repeated the whole charade. I got fed up with this so told my friend. She came to stay with me that weekend and I showed her. She was very put out for me and said she wished she had never set eyes on it as she felt responsible for urging me to buy it. I assured her this wasn’t the case. Anyway, she decided that next morning (Saturday) we were going to Hermes in Sloane Street (very nearby) and SHE was going to complain!

She sailed into Hermes like a galleon. She quite literally opened the boxes and emptied them noisily on the glass counter and told the SA in no uncertain terms that their cutlery was utter rubbish! (She did not use the word rubbish btw). I was like a rabbit caught in the headlights standing behind her watching this scene all pan out. The SA then said (and I quote) Madam, this silver needs cleaning! My friend then royally KICKED OFF! She explained she had had silver all her life. Her family had used family silver all their lives. She had family silver open to the public. She was well aware that silver needed cleaning, however it should not need cleaning EVERY DAY! The SA took out a silver cloth and cleaned one spoon. He put it on the counter and we watched it turn pale orange in front of our eyes. He explained he would have to send it back to Paris and have tests done on it. So my cutlery was confiscated and sent back to Paris. It could not be dealt with in UK. WHY? Who knows...

After many weeks nothing was heard from Paris. My friend came to stay again. She carted me back to Sloane Street and a chair appeared (for her) as soon as we entered. She explained that nothing had been done and demanded a full refund. She was told that that would not be possible and that SHE had to get in touch with the store in Paris!! We went back to my flat and she did - in flawless French.

This carried on getting batted backwards and forwards for months. In the end they rang me and told me there were indeed problems with that consignment of cutlery and that they were sending me a credit note. My French is poor - very poor. However, I managed to tell them I did not want a credit note - I was much more in favour of a full refund please. NON! NON! NON! It was not company policy to give refunds - only a similar amount to what I had spent in Paris (taking account of fluctuations in currency meanwhile). I was told that they had given me their permission to spend this similar amount in their store in London. I was so hacked off by this because it now meant I had to go and spend a fairly significant amount of money on things I really didn’t want or need. Like a leather pochette containing a battery light to shine on the keyhole of my front door and a watch I would not normally have chosen to buy. This along with various scarves and almost every scent bottle they sold completed the wretched transaction. It was a dreary shopping excursion undertaken with no enthusiasm, which took hours just to get goods to the value of.

So that’s why I have very good reason not to shop with them ever again. They produced sub-standard cutlery and I had to pay the price for it. There was no apology - no uptake of responsibility - just hard-nosed retention of my hard-earned cash. THE END.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.