Lydia Millen #6 I'll promote my wedding '2 years later' because I'm irrelevant & jealous!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The reason I make the point is that I feel there so much about Lydia’s behaviour and conduct that is so despicable. If it is discussed intelligently here and this page appears high up on Lydia Millen google search results, it may have an impact on the brands that continue to book here for sponsorship deals. As soon as people start mocking her nose or the colour of her skin this discussion looses any credibility and becomes a school girl bitching match.
I understand what you are getting at, but people are discussing her use of plastic surgery/fillers and fake tan usage, these are choices, just like she chooses to put on a fake lisp and "posh" voice as of late. Or constantly annoyed her workmen, or tried to be centre of attention at her assistants birthday, even snapping the hat elastic on her to cause pain. The frequent identity changes, from the power fitness couple, the luxe blogger, the simpering lispy little girl who loves digestives, the boss lady, the lady of the country manor and so on,

Reactions: 18
A few may purchase from her links but I'd say most comment and re-post her tit to get noticed themselves. I do wonder how much working with her actually translates into sales. Because that's the point isn't it. Brands aren't reaching out to influencers for any other reason that to increase their sales and profit. And the fact that she doesn't seem to get long deals with anyone speaks volumes.
Incredibly spot on!

Lydia does not renew brand deals and it's likely because the ROI is not there and all of her "followers" don't translate into real sales. She doesn't seem to have a strong grasp on her audience –– at all. As a result, she's reaching for brands that are often not a good fit. On another note, look at the folks that tag Ali. Most of them aren't rushing to buy a T.M. Lewis suit. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4
Now that you've expounded upon what you meant, that's completely valid. And I agree. That's why I try to stick to FACTS 99% of the time. But sometimes she just... begs for it! :LOL:

To your point, that's one reason why I start off each thread with a recap so that newbies realize we're not just here yapping/hating on her looks. There are real issues brands should consider.
Also, no one is slagging off on Lidl’s REAL look. It’s her fake look, which she has promoted on her channel and likely gotten gifted that we slag off on. It’s the excessive face and nose filler (the nose filler has made her nose straight, but ruined the more delicate tip that she used to have), the apps used to stretch her leg length in photos, the lazy hair styling (when she made a name for herself in part for having gorgeous hair with that curled, pretty blonde sombrè/color melt), the bad boob job (always called attention to by her choice of clothes and her nonsponsored hatred of bras), the constant harping on about how tiny her waist is, etc.

She is her product, and she is selling it for entertainment, to influence her viewers into buying whatever she’s schilling for her brand deals. And she’s not listening to our compliments for her past looks, instead proud-stubbornly insisting on making herself look harder and harder. That’s her own choice.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
They look like the are at their own wedding. To each other!
Scarrie is Lydia's security blanket, for sure.

In event footage, she was literally talking to Carrie, by themselves, at a table by the wall. I'm fairly sure she didn't mingle or attempt to build relationships at that event.

I'm side-eyeing Carrie (who seems harmless) for her friendship with Lydia.
  • Perhaps Carrie sees something in Lydia that we don't.
  • Or perhaps she's cut from the same cloth napkin. 🤷‍♀️

Her accountants will have connections to mortgage brokers that would have been able to find her a good deal, and it is possible it seems to get a mortgage if you are self-employed, if you have at least 2 years of business accounts.
Absolutely correct, self-employed people get mortgages all of the time.

Good point.

I've been self-employed since my early 20's and my first property was mortgaged with no problem (when I started my first company). If you have strong credit, historical/current bank financials to support the payment, a portfolio of assets, and for some –– a cosigner –– it is feasible. And it happens every single day here in the states.

Lydia's company, LEM ONLINE LTD, was incorporated in 2016 and she owned a house prior. So, it's not a leap to wager she received a mortgage with Ali, who launched ALI GORDON LTD in 2017 and also has (albeit limited) financials. Couple that with a co-signer and other unknown caveats – and it's not rocket science.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Absolutely correct, self-employed people get mortgages all of the time.

Good point.

I've been self-employed since my early 20's and my first property was mortgaged with no problem (when I started my first company). If you have strong credit, historical/current bank financials to support the payment, a portfolio of assets, and for some –– a cosigner –– it is feasible. And it happens every single day here in the states.

Lydia's company, LEM ONLINE LTD, was incorporated in 2016 and she owned a house prior. So, it's not a leap to wager she received a mortgage with Ali, who launched ALI GORDON LTD in 2017 and also has (albeit limited) financials. Couple that with a co-signer and other unknown caveats – and it's not rocket science.
Also, at the time that they bought the first house, Ali was I believe employed as an electrician, she was quite possibly the second income added in or ignored initially. Then the dynamics changed, dramatically and suddenly she was the big earner and he was playing financial catch-up. The drawdown of dividends from the limited company would have allowed for a large deposit, that and the equity in the first property.

In her position, I'd have bought something smaller and kept the first house to start a property portfolio, renting that out, and adding other small properties as I could afford to do so. It makes me very nervous when someone starts a business or makes a property jump and that leap is a huge one. I am far more cautious. I have seen a lot of businesses fail because they tried to make the business look more successful than it really was. This model is what I feel Lidl is doing with her channel. The US blogger that lost the huge home that she'd been repeatedly redecorating is now in a rented apartment. Doing some Google searching the implication was that her channel had begun to fail a couple of years earlier and she'd been unable to sustain her previous social media traction till her world fell apart financially.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Also, at the time that they bought the first house, Ali was I believe employed as an electrician, she was quite possibly the second income added in or ignored initially. Then the dynamics changed, dramatically and suddenly she was the big earner and he was playing financial catch-up. The drawdown of dividends from the limited company would have allowed for a large deposit, that and the equity in the first property.

In her position, I'd have bought something smaller and kept the first house to start a property portfolio, renting that out, and adding other small properties as I could afford to do so. It makes me very nervous when someone starts a business or makes a property jump and that leap is a huge one. I am far more cautious. I have seen a lot of businesses fail because they tried to make the business look more successful than it really was. This model is what I feel Lidl is doing with her channel. The US blogger that lost the huge home that she'd been repeatedly redecorating is now in a rented apartment. Doing some Google searching the implication was that her channel had begun to fail a couple of years earlier and she'd been unable to sustain her previous social media traction till her world fell apart financially.
I agree.
I also think Lydia was far more relatable waaay before she moved into this new house. Even though she was clearly faking her way through this influencer world back then, she was still relatable because she lived in this modest house. That's actually why I started to watch Lydia, she made that small house a nice looking home. It was realistic in a way. Now, her house has consumed her and we are so sick of her house. So sick of it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
This absolutely true she can’t seem to hold a connection with these brands which is so embarrassing for her... bloggers like inthefrow are so much better at making long term relationships with these big brands such as Bentley and Dior or Nars yet Lydia can’t even make brands like her. I really feel that the Intimissimi thing was obviously one sided like they only want Lydia to promote their stuff so her minions can eat it up but they don’t want to promote her meet up which is so odd
Ooh that’s a really interesting point! Others have observed before that she doesn’t have the ‘look’ that certain brands want to use. It’s like Intimissimi wants access to her audience but don’t want to be seen actually associating with her. So throw the beggar a bone and let her prance around at this meet-up at a shop and put up a few print-outs of photos her own photographer took.

I can absolutely see that brands would want to use her for her metrics but she’s not the kind of girl you put on your main Instagram grid. Kind of like how if you’re ashamed to be dating someone rich but ugly you’d hint at them in your stories or not put them on socials at all. But you still want all the other perks of dating that person.

Reactions: 11
there are a few (probably more!)...things I don’t get about social media influencers.
she (or any of them) aren’t really businesses themselves they are a database of social media connections, so when a brand works with them all they are doing is buying an “in” to the influencers audience. For this to be valuable to the brand the audience has to be relevant to the brand and engaged enough to buy what the influencers suggests ie the Hinch phenomenon!
the influencers value is in the relevance and propensity to buy of their audience.
as someone mentioned earlier an influencer can and will go out of fashion (think zoella) and at some point marketing managers will start to question roi I think at the moment the social media “gurus“ are just going with any old influencers with large audiences and not being questioned too much as the marketing managers are older and are scared not to be on the band wagon. Plus it’s probably quite cool for a brand like Bentley to have someone pretty young thing ooo-ing and arring at you car, or getting to go to a beautiful villa with ten young things to show off your new gadget.
social media marketing is cheap whether it’s buying ads, sending out 20 vacuum cleaners etc it’s nothing compared to sending out thousands of DM pieces or TVCs.
not sure where I’m going with this to be honest but the influencers are somewhere between emperors new clothes ie if Dior are doing it then we Gucci must also do it, or just cheap marketing and they can tick the box that they’ve engaged with influencers.

id absolutely love to see some metrics around influencers roi

sorry for the waffle...

Reactions: 13
[/QUOTE] In her position, I'd have bought something smaller and kept the first house to start a property portfolio, renting that out, and adding other small properties as I could afford to do so. It makes me very nervous when someone starts a business or makes a property jump and that leap is a huge one. I am far more cautious. I have seen a lot of businesses fail because they tried to make the business look more successful than it really was. This model is what I feel Lidl is doing with her channel. The US blogger that lost the huge home that she'd been repeatedly redecorating is now in a rented apartment. Doing some Google searching the implication was that her channel had begun to fail a couple of years earlier and she'd been unable to sustain her previous social media traction till her world fell apart financially.
[/QUOTE]

I agree, I was surprised she sold the old place, as in her position, I'd have kept it and rented it out, then continued to buy other similar smaller properties. Just shows they really must have stretched themselves if they needed the equity from that house.

When I first started watching her and other influencers (and before I knew that most of it was gifted, bought with vouchers or sponsored) I would sit thinking 'why on earth is she spending £5k on a new bag and designer clothes in a week, because if she can afford to do that every other week, she could pay off her mortgage in 6 months'! How naive I was....... and that is the reason why influencers absolutely should declare how they accumulate all these items as many people are just blind to how the influencer world works and aspire to have all those things, even getting into debt for it!

Reactions: 19
Lydia is craving validation again... at the Clé de Peau Beauté Gala 🤷‍♀️

Reposting obsessive minion posts to a) confirm people do in fact like her and b) to stroke that overgrown ego. 🤦‍♀️:LOL:

b24b0ee0-81aa-437c-bffe-7dd216f9067d.jpeg
3be424b3-6c23-493b-9e68-f8ca917269ad.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
someone needs to invent a mattifying filter or something similar - especially for our greasy princess! How does her skin always look so sweaty, it's not glowy at all, it's greasy and shiny, and so is her body - it's very odd.

She seems to either have bought herself a diamond ring today (anniversary, re-marrying Aldi?) or it was gifted, oh and prepare for another Dior bag reveal!

• Haha
someone needs to invent a mattifying filter or something similar - especially for our greasy princess! How does her skin always look so sweaty, it's not glowy at all, it's greasy and shiny, and so is her body - it's very odd.

She seems to either have bought herself a diamond ring today (anniversary, re-marrying Aldi?) or it was gifted, oh and prepare for another Dior bag reveal!
On loan from DeBeers maybe? [emoji57]

• Haha
Lydia's attempting to suggest she bought her new Messika Paris ring at Harrods.

If we see a future ad or #pr hashtag, we'll know that's a lie. 🤷‍♀️

At these PR events, brands will partner with other brands to provide in-room gifts (similar to celebrity gifting at more notable events). My friend runs a celeb gifting company and it's their job to get the product in the rooms and hands of targeted celebs. So, Messika could be doing the same for influenzas at this event.

Last edited:
I just watched this random clip of The Only Way is Essex (God knows why). I've never watched it before and it came up on my YouTube recommendations. Look who appears at 1:18 (on the right hand side)

• Haha
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.