Lydia Millen #6 I'll promote my wedding '2 years later' because I'm irrelevant & jealous!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is everyone so intent on slagging off Lydia’s physical appearance here? Her personality and conduct are so vile, it seems petty and unnecessary to attack her looks.
People wouldn’t care if she was upfront about stuff. She opens herself to criticism when she’s:

[emoji1314]Constantly claiming her height is 5’6/7”. To the extent she uses apps to elongate herself. No one cares if you’re short, there is nothing you can do about it (except sketchy lengthening surgery). Why bother lying about it?

[emoji1314]Selling skincare products*. Despite using filters, you can see her skin is terrible. Whether its due to poor diet (constantly brings up how small she is/ weightloss), genetics, using wrong products for her skin type or using products incorrectly.
*Nothing wrong with selling a product you genuinely like that works for you. But claiming X product did wonders in one post, then asking for suggestions/bitching about your skin being terrible in the next shows she’s brazenly misleading people.

[emoji1314]Dishonest about having fillers etc. She’s admitted having her nose filled and the terrible breast implants (wrong proportion for her body now), but she denies all the other tit. Why not do a video about your experience with it. Its common to get these procedures during lunch these days, there’s no shame in it.

Even if it was some other contentcretin or even my sister, I’d still point it out.

Reactions: 20
I honestly think Ali’s video is quite nice.
Yep. Ali has skills, but TikTok is just completely nonsensical.

Unless he's targeting 12-year-olds for his new T.M.Lewinn campaign. 🤷‍♀️ They're both trying to build up their numbers by any means necessary. It reeks of inauthentic desperation.

The reality is they're building duplicated reach. One follower can follow all 7 of their accounts and that's still only one unique viewer that brands should payout for. Instead, they can claim x7 and ignorant brand managers won't be any the wiser. There are no market-wide analytics tools to take this into account.

Strong content creators don't do this -- they're not all over the place. They double-down on their niche and kill it.

Reactions: 14
Note: I believe 5% is the minimum UK downpayment, so it was used for calculative purposes (and the reason that sentence started with the word "Guessing"). Only her accountant and Ali would know precisely what they put down on that residential care monstrosity. With a co-signer (and let's not forget Ali) you can absolutely secure a $1M mortgage.
To secure a £1m mortgage she would have to put down a deposit of £100,000 so it’s unlikely that’s going to be her mortgage especially as employed people can only get 4x mortgages and it is much more difficult for self employed individuals even with a guarantor.

The days of mortgages with low deposits ended in 2008 with the financial crisis

Reactions: 2
Not quite.

It depends on your assets, credit rating, co-signor access, and the bank. It's not their first-home, but for reference...

Article Dated: 16 SEPTEMBER 2019

EDIT: Regarding deposits. 👇

FireShot Capture 947 - The Telegraph's ultimate guide to buy_ - https___www.telegraph.co.uk_pr...png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Not necessarily. It depends on your assets, credit rating, co-signor access, and the bank. It's not their first-home, but for reference...

Article dated: Mon 28 Jan 2019

View attachment 49360
A 100% mortgage is nowhere near as common as they were and definitely would not be available to the self employed. They are available to those who are employed with a guarantor. As someone who has looked into mortgages in the UK to buy a property I can tell you that Lydia would not qualify for a 100% mortgage.

Reactions: 6
The reason I make the point is that I feel there so much about Lydia’s behaviour and conduct that is so despicable. If it is discussed intelligently here and this page appears high up on Lydia Millen google search results, it may have an impact on the brands that continue to book here for sponsorship deals. As soon as people start mocking her nose or the colour of her skin this discussion looses any credibility and becomes a school girl bitching match.
In terms of her looks i agree, her ugliness on the inside far outshines what’s on the outside. Lydia gets 💩 because she’s full of 💩 . I’ve never found her to be particularly beautiful by my personal standards but she had striking eyes and lovely hair. When I thought she was genuine it softened her. Now there’s nothing soft or pretty. Humility, generosity and kindness can do so much for a plain face.

I find it interesting the partnerships she does get. It has really soured me to the brands. Either they are utterly incompetent and do not do their due diligence. Or, they’re unscrupulous and are simply chasing numbers with no regard for the types of characters they use to push their brand. Not a good look in my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
People wouldn’t care if she was upfront about stuff. She opens herself to criticism when she’s:

[emoji1314]Constantly claiming her height is 5’6/7”. To the extent she uses apps to elongate herself. No one cares if you’re short, there is nothing you can do about it (except sketchy lengthening surgery). Why bother lying about it?

[emoji1314]Selling skincare products*. Despite using filters, you can see her skin is terrible. Whether its due to poor diet (constantly brings up how small she is/ weightloss), genetics, using wrong products for her skin type or using products incorrectly.
*Nothing wrong with selling a product you genuinely like that works for you. But claiming X product did wonders in one post, then asking for suggestions/bitching about your skin being terrible in the next shows she’s brazenly misleading people.

[emoji1314]Dishonest about having fillers etc. She’s admitted having her nose filled and the terrible breast implants (wrong proportion for her body now), but she denies all the other tit. Why not do a video about your experience with it. Its common to get these procedures during lunch these days, there’s no shame in it.

Even if it was some other contentcretin or even my sister, I’d still point it out.

The trouble with her skin is she simply keeps putting SO MUCH tit on it!!! Ugh. I mean I know some of it can’t be helped and may well be genetics but I don’t think my face would be happy if every week involves trying 10 different types of creams or makeup on it!!!

Also when did she admit to the botched boobs?? Can’t believe I missed it argh. I always thought she’s been cagey on those and deliberately avoided talk about them

Reactions: 10
Madame Tussaud's called, they want their wax doll back.

OMG. I really believe with all my heart now that Lydia is copying ITF. This pose to me just screams IFT. Normally Lydia wouldn't pose like this, chic and relaxed. Most times she just looks tense and lacks cohesion in her poses. BUT THIS looks like she's been taking tips from Victoria's instagram feed.

Hahahaha good one. I don’t think the kardashians ever cared to look classy, though perfect case in point! Not saying they can’t look cool to some since somehow they carry it off (vs. looking good) but it certainly is an OTT look. I mean they wear Spanx in public Ffs I’m so perplexed by today’s celebs

What is my comment even?? I guess I am getting accustomed with posting/conversing with you lot and started typing and posting before realising it was a non-comment and a thought better kept to myself.

K will shut. up. now.

Check out his stories. There’s a glimpse there!
Wow. What a love job. Aldi’s got the same eye bleeping look as lidl. These two need to be cancelled.

The trouble with her skin is she simply keeps putting SO MUCH tit on it!!! Ugh. I mean I know some of it can’t be helped and may well be genetics but I don’t think my face would be happy if every week involves trying 10 different types of creams or makeup on it!!!

Also when did she admit to the botched boobs?? Can’t believe I missed it argh. I always thought she’s been cagey on those and deliberately avoided talk about them
This video, pre-wedding. She doesn’t admit they’re botched. She’s lost weight so now they just sit on her chest, looking jarring and unnatural.

Reactions: 8
Do we think she is that thick? Tagging is promoting. It doesn’t matter if its her account, mine or my cats. If it has tags, it advertises. That is why many German influenzas do not tag if they are not being paid to promote. But Lydia cannot do that as most of her profit comes from people clicking tags (affiliate lynx).
I also think that she made another account so that no "fan" of hers could make one with that name as incase someone did. since all her past videos and probably post/companies etc had the old spelling...well new stupid "unfiltered" more like undisclosed account.

Reactions: 13
. As soon as people start mocking her nose or the colour of her skin this discussion looses any credibility and becomes a school girl bitching match.
Think people are "mocking" her increasing plastic surgery and use of fake tan, as opposed tp her natural self. All of which is deliberate and choosen, just like she chooses to change her accent, and also put on an annoying fake lisp. Or how she chooses to buy blank books & picture books just for the look, rather than you know read a worn paperback and leave it on the table.. 'cause that's not -high status-.

Reactions: 11
A 100% mortgage is nowhere near as common as they were and definitely would not be available to the self employed. They are available to those who are employed with a guarantor. As someone who has looked into mortgages in the UK to buy a property I can tell you that Lydia would not qualify for a 100% mortgage.
Agreed.
In 2014 I bought my property with my partner. We both have full time employment with a good salary but we still needed to put down a 25% deposit minimum on our mortgage.
banks are less willing to take risks these days.

I’ve no doubt they’re both mortgaged up to their eyeballs.

Reactions: 12
I don’t really pay much attention to Ali but I have watched a couple of his vlogs and I just want to say that he puts so much effort in his videos and then we have Lydia who vlogs are so bland and hella boring. I don’t understand why Ali doesn’t edit her vlogs anymore because I’m pretty sure he did in the past but I could be mistaking 🤔

To secure a £1m mortgage she would have to put down a deposit of £100,000 so it’s unlikely that’s going to be her mortgage especially as employed people can only get 4x mortgages and it is much more difficult for self employed individuals even with a guarantor.

That's just not even likely in this day in the UK, i think you would need to put down much more to get a mortgage if you were self employed. you have to show at least 2 years of good profitable accounts. No one is getting 4x mortgages anymore!

Reactions: 8
The thing with Lydia is that she rarely seems to book repeat business. Remember Mappin and Webb. Remember her live with Charlotte Tilbury. Nars seem to have given up on her. She's banging on again about poor sleep so I'm sure Bose won't be returning. She hardly ever promoted that ByTerry product that she was the 'face' of. They seem to come back but I'm sure even they will cotton on! The list just goes on and on...

She just comes across so badly. So disingenuous and boastful. So lacking in humility. Such a humble brag. The only people that lap it up are people that aspire to be her. Wannabe influencers. A few may purchase from her links but I'd say most comment and re-post her tit to get noticed themselves. I do wonder how much working with her actually translates into sales. Because that's the point isn't it. Brands aren't reaching out to influencers for any other reason that to increase their sales and profit. And the fact that she doesn't seem to get long deals with anyone speaks volumes.

Reactions: 27
The thing with Lydia is that she rarely seems to book repeat business. Remember Mappin and Webb. Remember her live with Charlotte Tilbury. Nars seem to have given up on her. She's banging on again about poor sleep so I'm sure Bose won't be returning. She hardly ever promoted that ByTerry product that she was the 'face' of. They seem to come back but I'm sure even they will cotton on! The list just goes on and on...

She just comes across so badly. So disingenuous and boastful. So lacking in humility. Such a humble brag. The only people that lap it up are people that aspire to be her. Wannabe influencers. A few may purchase from her links but I'd say most comment and re-post her tit to get noticed themselves. I do wonder how much working with her actually translates into sales. Because that's the point isn't it. Brands aren't reaching out to influencers for any other reason that to increase their sales and profit. And the fact that she doesn't seem to get long deals with anyone speaks volumes.
This absolutely true she can’t seem to hold a connection with these brands which is so embarrassing for her... bloggers like inthefrow are so much better at making long term relationships with these big brands such as Bentley and Dior or Nars yet Lydia can’t even make brands like her. I really feel that the Intimissimi thing was obviously one sided like they only want Lydia to promote their stuff so her minions can eat it up but they don’t want to promote her meet up which is so odd

That's just not even likely in this day in the UK, i think you would need to put down much more to get a mortgage if you were self employed. you have to show at least 2 years of good profitable accounts. No one is getting 4x mortgages anymore!
That was just a rough calculation to show Gemma that her sums for Lydia’s mortgage weren’t correct. She had worked out that a £1m mortgage on a 5% deposit was possible and my point was that was highly unlikely for a self employed couple.

I agree since 2008 banks just don’t want to take the risk. Gone are the days of mortgages with no deposits.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.