Lydia Millen #6 I'll promote my wedding '2 years later' because I'm irrelevant & jealous!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her accountants will have connections to mortgage brokers that would have been able to find her a good deal, and it is possible it seems to get a mortgage if you are self-employed, if you have at least 2 years of business accounts. Don't forget they had the mortgage on the previous property, so there would have been the option to have looked at how reliable payments were on that when mortgage companies were assessing the risk. That said, social media is fickle and we had the woman in the US that appeared to have everything and yet lost it all. I can't remember her name, but the video was listed here or in the other place and I remember watching it. It was so similar to Lidl's lifestyle, constantly switching stuff up. If anyone remembers the name of that blogger they could maybe share the link here x

Reactions: 7
ALI DO NOT LISTEN TO THE OTHER TATTLERS.... THEY’RE JEALOUS!!
WE LOVE YOUR TIKTOK’S

can I request a duet with Harrison please!!!
“Girls just wanna have fun...” or something similar.

I’ve downloaded this bleeping app for you don’t you leave me hanging!!
#TrueFan #RaveThreadComingSoon
I second dat. Come on Ali, we're waiting... #teamAli #freeAli #blinkifyouneedhelp

• Haha
I think it’s more likely she has a mortgage for around 600k and made large withdrawals from her business account, coupled with the proceeds from the sale of the shoe box to use as a deposit. Even if she could secure a 1million mortgage, are they making 6.5/7k a month in sponsorship deals to pay that mortgage? It would be a risky choice bearing in mind you are committed to that mortgage for 25/30 years. I think she though f*ck it, I made a tit tonne of money last year, let’s withdraw it all, live the high life while we can and buy a million pound bungalow.

I don’t really pay much attention to Ali but I have watched a couple of his vlogs and I just want to say that he puts so much effort in his videos and then we have Lydia who vlogs are so bland and hella boring. I don’t understand why Ali doesn’t edit her vlogs anymore because I’m pretty sure he did in the past but I could be mistaking [emoji848]
It's because he's sick of looking at her. Imagine having to sit at a computer screen & watch lydl film talking to herself all day.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
The stupid tweets and captions she writes... bleeping giveaway of her character. What’s in someone’s heart comes out of her mouth.

Calculative, arrogant prick
BCB6C3E4-F1AF-42F5-9BC2-186FFF6434C8.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
She hardly ever promoted that ByTerry product that she was the 'face' of. They seem to come back but I'm sure even they will cotton on!
Literally nobody else will work with ByTerry. They are known for their awful, overpriced products and they can't get anyone else so they keep hiring Lydia.

If anyone remembers the name of that blogger they could maybe share the link here x
GlitterForever17

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I've bought and sold 10+ properties, all mortgaged and currently doing it again now. 100% mortgage just don't exist anymore. I got one back in 2003 no bother on a flat I wanted to rent out, then the financial crisis and the banks are now overly cautious with lending. You can't even get interest only mortgages now either. Buy to let mortgages which are usually interest only, are available, but you need a minimum 30% deposit to qualify and it has to be let and not for personal use.

5% mortgages are available still through very few lenders, but you pay much higher interested rates and banks would be VERY cautious lending on a significant sum to people who are self employed. It's much easier to get a 95% mortgage on a £150k property than it would be £1m + but still not impossible.

It is harder to get mortgages if you're self employed, only in respect to the paper work you need to provide. Instead of 4 months wage slips from an employer, you'd need 2+ years of full accounts, but if you can prove business is booming, then this wouldn't be an issue.

I'd make a guess she's put a min 30% deposit down to secure a mortgage on that over priced bungalow - but who knows, I couldn't care less either!

If Lydia had an brain, when she was earning money back in the shoe box, she would have been overpaying her mortgage as much as possible in order to give her a decent amount of equity when they sold it. Pair that equity with dividends drawn out, a guarantor (her dad or Ali's parents?) and voila. I would still be extremely wary having such a huge mortgage and debt while working in her industry. She could literally 'be cancelled' any second with someone unearthing some scandal and all of a sudden her earnings just tumble. I would hate to have that hanging over my head.

I just think she is so used to getting everything for free, it literally pains her to pay for anything that she can beg for instead. She's just a tight arse.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Literally nobody else will work with ByTerry. They are known for their awful, overpriced products and they can't get anyone else so they keep hiring Lydia.
Back when I still didn’t realise the BS Lydia really was I thought to try the ByTerry CC cream because for a period of time she did regularly feature it. This post is a reminder for me to throw it out — I still have half a tube of it, almost 3 years on.

crappy greasy crap that she claimed was buildable coverage but frankly it isn’t. Ugh. I was really angry because I bought knowing I was taking a chance but I never could imagine it being something THAT far from expectation

Reactions: 14
Thought of the day;
200,000 to 300,000 people participated in the March on Washington in 1963.
It's absolutely crazy to think lydl has 2-3 times that number of blind followers.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I'm surprised Lydia posted that picture with Carrie standing next to her.
Really not a fan of Carrie either but it's clear to see that Carrie looks soooo much better than Lydia.
Maybe Lydia's not as selfish after all- she's willing to promote her bestfriend despite her looking better.
I feel bad for Halfpenny - their dresses must be smeared with fake tan now.

There's waaaaay more chemistry between those two than I think we have ever witnessed between Lidl and Aldi
I agree!
One good thing is that at least they enjoy each others company.

Reactions: 13

Wait. So Lydia wore a wedding dress (albeit an ugly one) to the Cle de Peau event?
Yeah she did, probably because Halfpenny was the only company willing to custom make her one. Unlike other dress designers (like Lepley or Jenny Packham) they don't even have a regular custom evening wear service. So in one day Lydia's worn two bridal looks. The recent re-wearing of her own dress and these loaned dresses from Halfpenny reminds me of Miss Havisham from Great Expectations (except Lydia didn't get jilted at the altar).

Reactions: 9
Really not a fan of Carrie either but it's clear to see that Carrie looks soooo much better than Lydia.
Maybe Lydia's not as selfish after all- she's willing to promote her bestfriend despite her looking better.

I agree!
I so agree. I am certainly not a fan of Carrie her childish behaviour drives me nuts but she looks so feminine and pretty next to 'Hitler in a dress'. I have advised our Lyds before NOT to stand next to a pretty female but she just can't see it. Oh well I continue to enjoy.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17

I agree!
Perhaps, but I’m less optimistic. I think it’s a superficial futile gesture to “prove” that she doesn’t mind “promoting” her best friend, who in any case doesn’t care for or want the attention.

Reactions: 5
The stupid tweets and captions she writes... bleeping giveaway of her character. What’s in someone’s heart comes out of her mouth.

Calculative, arrogant prickView attachment 49386

'Carrie's bag - best friend loan' - what a complete and utter cow.

And her face when she's looking at Carrie screams 'I'm better than you'.

You're not Lidl, you're really not.

• Sick
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.