Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

serenawaldorf

VIP Member
As @Yel said, the exterior of Lydia's house looks like a residential care home. 🤷‍♀️

I'm in the states and 4-5 bedrooms are standard here –– along with basements is some states. She overpaid for that 5bd monstrosity and there's no equity if she mortgaged it. It's overpriced for the comps in the area and she'll have a hard time realizing any appreciative value or selling it in the future unless that area becomes a boom town in the next decade or so.

She's underwater given the property value, no appreciation to-date (based on UK records), and the cost of renovations. If she plans on living there the rest of her life, it probably doesn't matter.

Victoria appears to have made a much smarter REI purchase. However, without the specs, I can only wager based on the looks of Vic's property and the updates that were/are needed.

Lydia is the epitome of a classless "Dior-on-repeat-billboard"

I own several designer bags, tablets (tech), more than I know what to do with (to be honest). I'm never like, "This fits in my Valentino," etc. It's just tacky. It's a handbag and I never feel the need to blab on about it. People that know the designer, know it! I never feel the need to announce it.

Lydia Millen tries way too hard.

I am embarrassed for Lydia when she attempts to be a walking Dior billboard with all 4 accessories (bag-belt-tote-and-throw) in tow. Less is more. Make it simple but significant.

I'm in my early 30's. I earned my success. I know better.

Shameful that Lydia doesn't. She has literally no one around her to tell her she's making an ass of herself.

Instead, she lives in an adjoining online echo chamber with minions more insecure than she is and work-for-hire-friends without a backbone in sight. 🤷‍♀️

View attachment 46073 View attachment 46075
Does anyone still read individual blogs? Isn’t she late to the party? Fix your YOUTUBE skills instead.

Reactions: 6

Missy fuzzy

Ok who styled it best? Millen or moi?
Was anyone else confused like me when she was talking about the gifted vase and looking at the pic like, "Now which one of you is the vase". Before I swiped the pics and found out that it was the teeny tiny black thing almost hidden by the huge hideous plate (what is that thing called, it looks like a plate to me). I don't think she should place the vase there as it is not highlighted, it almost gets lost in all the chaos happening there on the console table.

langwidere

Is she serious [emoji23]
That’s what you resort to after you’ve alienated all your friends by trying to steal their wedding thunder. If you can’t afford to pay to keep them all, may as well start making alt accounts for yourself!

KBaker23

Do you ladies think that maybe these luxury brands are actually struggling at the moment? I just can't help but think about the UK economy at the moment and overall spending habits. Even fast fashion brands like Forever 21 has failed and maybe these luxury brands feel like they have no choice but have these low level influencers to promote their products. I think maybe Dior is struggling too and all these other brands like Jimmy Choo are rebranding. I feel like these luxe brands have no other choice.
Sales have gone for dior since MGC started (the saddle, tote and the feminist t shirt) were all big hits, I know Gucci sales have been done this year. A lot of the fashion houses are focusing on asia particularly China, who make up around 1/3 of luxury purchases, which was why when D&G was caught saying rasict thing they apologised immediately. And now some brands have collections tailored exclusively for the chinese/asian market (lunar new year collections).

Lola Faith

VIP Member
I don’t watch ITF at all but I thought I’d watch her latest one.
ITF’s NAILS AND LYDIA’S NAILS ARE THE SAME! So, who copies who?
Same tacky nude polish with the gold tips...I can’t stand ITF’s lisp that’s why I didn’t bother with her but c’mon Lydia... there’s a million colours out there... why copy... why!???

I’ve also noticed that Lydia has more YT followers than ITF but she doesn’t have the same jobs as ITF and others. Surely if Lydia has more followers she would get bigger brands but she doesn’t. Maybe she really is buying followers and brands know this or maybe a lot of people who subscribe to her are all hate watching lol!
more about engagement really, and image and reputation.

Polo3

I think she just says, « Oh look at me wearing high street to LFW! Haha I’m so quirky and relatable. » So we’ve gone from « I’m not here to be relatable. High street fashion just isn’t for me. » All the way back to « oops no fashion house will touch me without management so I better get those H&M and Nasty Gal gigs because that will at least improve my conversion. »

She definitely worked herself into a shoot by disparaging affordable fashion and she hasn’t managed to make it work for her because Vic already covers that. Lidl can’t compete and she’s running out of things to change in her house, so maybe we’re due for a pivot back to shilling cheap nasty sweatshop crap! How’s that for brand strategy.

I personally started watching her during her Club Monaco-Reiss-Karen Millen era and I liked her best then! It was an achievable and everyday-appropriate aspiration for me while I was studying my Masters. But now she’s either Dior blanket or polyester ballerina princess sleeves.

I really liked the Karen Millen items she was wearing. What happened to that?

Hunevoque2

VIP Member
Sales have gone for dior since MGC started (the saddle, tote and the feminist t shirt) were all big hits, I know Gucci sales have been done this year. A lot of the fashion houses are focusing on asia particularly China, who make up around 1/3 of luxury purchases, which was why when D&G was caught saying rasict thing they apologised immediately. And now some brands have collections tailored exclusively for the chinese/asian market (lunar new year collections).
I was in LV ,Hermes. Cartier. And Dinh van just yesterday, and it was shocking the amount of people that were in there buying stuff! Just looking😆

MissMew

I’ve said it before but it’s great for interaction. I would put money on them sending “hate” to themselves
We know the smaller Instagram accounts used to set up profiles on here and troll themselves so they could jump in on the “I’m a victim of a hate site” action

View attachment 48687

Facts.
Bengal not bengals, because it’s a plural, not a possessive....

langwidere

Sorry to double-post, but finished the video and she never mentions actually graduating! Very sneaky...she says she wasn’t satisfied with her degree which led to her starting her blog, which one could infer either means she did blogging concurrently OR she moved on from her business marketing degree and blogged instead.

She says during this time she left university and got herself a 2-1? I’m not sure if that means she graduated as I’m not from the UK!

nadiathr

I'm not surprised, China is a major key player in most industries. They are pumping money right left.
Also I find companies that spread around freebies really cheap and desperate. Now whenever I shop and see Dior I think of Ludmila. I am even thinking of giving up their cosmetics and perfumes, and Miss Dior used to be a favorite of mine, their primer and night creams also.

MissMew

Her front tooth looks grey, maybe shes still sneaking the odd cigarette lolView attachment 46681View attachment 46683View attachment 46684
I think her teeth are shifting as she ages. That’s actually normal, but because Ali was such an amazing video and photo editor, we never really noticed back in 2015/16/17. I always though that her teeth were very straight with a short tooth on the lower left. I now realize that they’re all actually quite uneven, but it’s usually not noticeable at all. She could probably get that fixed up pretty easily like Chavette did, with a few sets of aligners.

Queenofsaigon

Autumnal season is upon us. I’m starting to take bets when will the leather hat makes a reappearance. It’s probably changed to patent leather look now from all the hair grease it had to encounter!

• Sick
Reactions: 5

Peppypoopar

VIP Member
I agree with you. There are plenty of YT videos, in which the creator refers to a/several comments usually by inserting a screenshot of the comment(s) (or in some vids, edits the screenshots to pile up on the screen)... the extra 30seconds of cutting and pasting adds credibility to the creator and it shows that they are engaging with their audience, or creating content for them.

But it comes across as being deceitful when influbeggars use a blanket statement “i’ve had so many compliments because i’ve been smearing this shit by ChaNo on my face, in the shade ‘desperate’... swipe up/link is in the comments.” (like chanel but no). Trying to justify yet another #prsample #prgift #itsnotanadipromise and hoping their audience doesn’t wake up and walk of shame away from them.

[emoji19]

Spot on 👍

TescoSainsburys

VIP Member
it looks ok. it's a white room, with white furniture and a wooden floor. she doesn't want a rug, so apart from painting it a warmer colour theres not much to say.
changing the handles will make no difference apart from being wasteful.
the barstools are the only warm coloured thing in the room- so changing them to white/cream isn't going to help!