Lydia Millen #5 Inside Lydia Millen's twitter rampages, Dior envy, and YouTube meltdowns!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You’re not wrong [emoji4] but it was a tweet not a story!
Is should still be there alongside her other “give me free stuff” rants at companies [emoji51]
#canonaretrash
Yes; twitter is her bullying/begging platform isn't it? Lydl takes to twitter to rant & get what she wants for her insta/youtube channel

Reactions: 9
Yes they need a home to go back to to eat their pizza on the sofa and relax! [emoji23] you’re right—the shoebox house really did have a nicer feel to it, and was so airy and pretty. It felt like a home. But it really was a shoebox.

View attachment 46018
View attachment 46019
View attachment 46020View attachment 46021View attachment 46020View attachment 46023

But really, was the overpriced Pinterest house that much better at four times the square footage? especially when her content was better in the shoebox?

And if she doesn't want a family she should've stayed put or house some homeless people in her big empty bumgalow.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The thing is, an average couple of their age would earn about £30k each so they could afford a mortgage of about £250k. So the house they had before wasn’t that different to what their peers would’ve lived in. It was a lovely starter home. They were relatable, now they aren’t. People their age are moving to 3/4 bed homes with 1 or 2 young children. I’m not sure who there target audience is. If you’re in your early 30s you do buy from Zara, Dior not so much...

Reactions: 14
Yes; twitter is her bullying/begging platform isn't it? Lydl takes to twitter to rant & get what she wants for her insta/youtube channel
If it’s not publicly calling out a company it’s asking her followers a question in order to receive the same benefits as she does when she complains.....🤷‍♀️

“Anyone know if the iPhone 11 will be available..... / any store willing to gift me the handset.....”

And if she doesn't want a family she should've stayed put or house some homeless people in her big empty bumgalow.
Homeless people : na you’re alright love, it’s warmer on the street and you kinda stink 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I honestly don't get why a lot of British influencers live a two-faced life. Honestly, I used to watch and get inspiration from Lydia and Victoria, it came to the point that I was ABOUT to buy a Lady Dior bag. Good thing my mom talked me out of it.

I'm only 21 years old, and just trying to live my life. I still stay at my childhood home, and try to make ends meet.

I stumbled at Sophie Shohet's channel, and honestly, she makes me wanna do well in my job so that one day I can buy those bags, shoes, car and a house of my own.

And we have Lydia, whose business and brand seems to revolve around how to get designer shoes, bags, clothes etc and interior things for FREE, and pretending to be this affluent lady from a aristocratic background.

She sets this unrealistic view of her life on the internet, bragging and the endless renovating of her bungalow. If a lady younger than I sees her and imitates her, I genuinely worry.

People now see through the messy webs Lydia has created, and I wonder when will people see Victoria's.

This may be a big stretch, but I hope Lydia will wake up one day and realize how shallow she has become. Her excessive hatred and jealousy online will not lead her anywhere. Her husband must be sick of her. No brands seem to like working with her. She may be sent one to two pieces of PR luxury item but doesn't disclose, and tells the viewers that she bought it herself.

I wish she would step back and realize how two faced her life is.

She's slowly killing her career. She'll just realize it when it's over.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 14.06.05.png

I'm so glad you posted this as Lydia said something before she moved to the McBungalow that was one of the reasons I started to have my eyes opened to her boasting and lying. I CLEARLY remember her saying in a vlog back in the shoebox, that they had worked out that the new house they had bought was actually 12 times larger than their current house.

When I heard this I thought she must be moving into an absolutely huge mansion! To put into perspective, the average new build 3 bed home in the UK is around 925square feet (tiny compared to U.S.A, I know). Lydia's old house was a small new build 2 bed and I estimated around 650sq feet max - as it turns out from the floor plan, it was actually 595sq ft.

12x595= 7128sq ft. Now, in the UK an average large 5 bed new home is around 2000sq ft. My own house is large (it's not a huge mansion and this isn't brag, but it is old and has spacious bedrooms and room proportions bigger than Lydia's) and is around 3000sq ft. I was thinking how the hell can her new house be 2.5 times the size of mine, because I thought mine was big, but that must be fecking HUGE!

Then we see the bungalow and I was confused, like, where is the rest of this 12x bigger house? There is no way on earth its over 7000sq ft. Prob 2500 ish. LYING BOASTING LYDIA again.

To give you another example, this is an image of a 7000sq ft house. As we can see, Lydl's bungalow would probably make a nice garage for it.

Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 14.21.21.png

• Wow
Reactions: 21
View attachment 46033
I'm so glad you posted this as Lydia said something before she moved to the McBungalow that was one of the reasons I started to have my eyes opened to her boasting and lying. I CLEARLY remember her saying in a vlog back in the shoebox, that they had worked out that the new house they had bought was actually 12 times larger than their current house.

When I heard this I thought she must be moving into an absolutely huge mansion! To put into perspective, the average new build 3 bed home in the UK is around 925square feet (tiny compared to U.S.A, I know). Lydia's old house was a small new build 2 bed and I estimated around 650sq feet max - as it turns out from the floor plan, it was actually 595sq ft.

12x595= 7128sq ft. Now, in the UK an average large 5 bed new home is around 2000sq ft. My own house is large (it's not a huge mansion and this isn't brag, but it is old and has spacious bedrooms and room proportions bigger than Lydia's) and is around 3000sq ft. I was thinking how the hell can her new house be 2.5 times the size of mine, because I thought mine was big, but that must be fecking HUGE!

Then we see the bungalow and I was confused, like, where is the rest of this 12x bigger house? There is no way on earth its over 7000sq ft. Prob 2500 ish. LYING BOASTING LYDIA again.

To give you another example, this is an image of a 7000sq ft house. As we can see, Lydl's bungalow would probably make a nice garage for it.

View attachment 46036
Lydia tells tall tales.
Lydia tells tall tales.
Lydia tells tall tales. 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 20
View attachment 46033

View attachment 46036
You’re right—but math is perhaps less her forte than spelling! Her boasting when she bought, I truly believe, is because she was so jealous of Chavette’s large house that she wanted to try and keep up. While 595 sq ft is a tiny house, it was only a little bit too tiny: they needed a third bedroom, a dining room, and a storage room to make the house work well for them. That way they’d have an office each for work (maybe even office/wardrobe like Ali’s set up (I just love his dressing room—he set it up smartly), the dining room for any meetings or to pop down to take a private phone call, and a storage room as a place for their Christmas/seasonal things.

The Millen Pound Mansion still doesn’t give them a double garage (or any that I can see), they don’t appear to use their yard other than the patio and the wall for backdrop, and there’s a ton of wasted space inside, including a basement media room that rarely looks used. It’s all for show. If they’d found something around 1200-1400 sq ft they’ve had had more than enough space, and for half the money they spent, a true and prestige Buckinghamshire location, and a house with some character. And a dry basement.

Reactions: 17
I wish someone from Dior clothing would just contact her and say stop wasting your time trying to impress us it ain't happenin'
I'm temped to write to Dior and say if she does become a brand ambassador...they won't get my custom anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
“Accountancy waiting room” chic

View attachment 46013

Make it stop 🤣🤣🤣
but also don’t because the second hand embarrassment is too good 🤣🤣
Changed your approach to your blog, HOW???? By changing it from "absolutely mediocre" to "I did not go to grammar school". By all means buy whatever you want to buy with your own money (which I highly doubt she doesn't do 95% of the time) but don't ever state that the reason for you buying so and so is because of your horrendous blogging.

Reactions: 13
You’re right—but math is perhaps less her forte than spelling! Her boasting when she bought, I truly believe, is because she was so jealous of Chavette’s large house that she wanted to try and keep up. While 595 sq ft is a tiny house, it was only a little bit too tiny: they needed a third bedroom, a dining room, and a storage room to make the house work well for them. That way they’d have an office each for work (maybe even office/wardrobe like Ali’s set up (I just love his dressing room—he set it up smartly), the dining room for any meetings or to pop down to take a private phone call, and a storage room as a place for their Christmas/seasonal things.

The Millen Pound Mansion still doesn’t give them a double garage (or any that I can see), they don’t appear to use their yard other than the patio and the wall for backdrop, and there’s a ton of wasted space inside, including a basement media room that rarely looks used. It’s all for show. If they’d found something around 1200-1400 sq ft they’ve had had more than enough space, and for half the money they spent, a true and prestige Buckinghamshire location, and a house with some character. And a dry basement.

Yep, exactly! They bought that for the window in the kitchen which is nice, granted, but other than that, there's nothing else appealing, when you look at the other properties in that price bracket. They've tried adding faux character to it, devalued it by converting bedrooms to wardrobes and it's just a backdrop for instagram. And you're correct. No garage for the sponsorship deal AM or leased RR.

I wonder if Chavette ever went to the bungalow as they bought it around the time things got frosty between them?
I bet Lydia hates the fact that half her home is underground and she doesn't have that wow factor facade. I'm convinced she will move house in the next few years for something that looks more grand, purely to try and keep up appearances (Hyacinth Bucket anyone?!)

Reactions: 15
I've just watched her latest borefest...only because I'm actually bored. I must say on the positive - her skin is looking well if she just stopped wearing the wrong shade makeup and awful by terrible - she might actually look okay. Cals videography was lovely to watch so much better than Lydia eye-bleeping herself for the entire time. 27 minutes in fart noises again....... seriously carrie is a grown woman doing a job - I would sack her for crap like that!!!!!! Lydia you are a 'fashion blogger' and you have no clue about fabrics - the dressing gown in fleece - terry toweling is towel material. It annoys me so much when she does hauls and can't be arsed naming fabrics correctly - she constantly gets it wrong.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
In this video (Its a while ago now) she talks about an indecent assault that happened to her. its about 22.40 in and im just wondering what on earth is she going on about? I mean, it sounds awful and I dont wish that on anyone but shes flimsy with details, was this a big blogger thing that I missed?
pretty sure she was jumping on the bandwagon of the moment with that - click bait title etc etc, as she's never mentioned before or since

Reactions: 6
Yep, exactly! They bought that for the window in the kitchen which is nice, granted, but other than that, there's nothing else appealing, when you look at the other properties in that price bracket. They've tried adding faux character to it, devalued it by converting bedrooms to wardrobes and it's just a backdrop for instagram. And you're correct. No garage for the sponsorship deal AM or leased RR.

I wonder if Chavette ever went to the bungalow as they bought it around the time things got frosty between them?
I bet Lydia hates the fact that half her home is underground and she doesn't have that wow factor facade. I'm convinced she will move house in the next few years for something that looks more grand, purely to try and keep up appearances (Hyacinth Bucket anyone?!)

As @Yel said, the exterior of Lydia's house looks like a residential care home. 🤷‍♀️

I'm in the states and 4-5 bedrooms are standard here –– along with basements is some states. She overpaid for that 5bd monstrosity and there's no equity if she mortgaged it. It's overpriced for the comps in the area and she'll have a hard time realizing any appreciative value or selling it in the future unless that area becomes a boom town in the next decade or so.

She's underwater given the property value, no appreciation to-date (based on UK records), and the cost of renovations. If she plans on living there the rest of her life, it probably doesn't matter.

Victoria appears to have made a much smarter REI purchase. However, without the specs, I can only wager based on the looks of Vic's property and the updates that were/are needed.

Lydia is the epitome of a classless "Dior-on-repeat-billboard"

I own several designer bags, tablets (tech), more than I know what to do with (to be honest). I'm never like, "This fits in my Valentino," etc. It's just tacky. It's a handbag and I never feel the need to blab on about it. People that know the designer, know it! I never feel the need to announce it.

Lydia Millen tries way too hard.

I am embarrassed for Lydia when she attempts to be a walking Dior billboard with all 4 accessories (bag-belt-tote-and-throw) in tow. Less is more. Make it simple but significant.

I'm in my early 30's. I earned my success. I know better.

Shameful that Lydia doesn't. She has literally no one around her to tell her she's making an ass of herself.

Instead, she lives in an adjoining online echo chamber with minions more insecure than she is and work-for-hire-friends without a backbone in sight. 🤷‍♀️

FireShot Capture 837 - Stories • Instagram - https___www.instagram.com_stories_lydiaemillen_.png
FireShot Capture 835 - Stories • Instagram - https___www.instagram.com_stories_lydiaemillen_.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
“Accountancy waiting room” chic

View attachment 46013

Make it stop 🤣🤣🤣
but also don’t because the second hand embarrassment is too good 🤣🤣
Someone needs to stick a sock in her mouth and tape over it with masking tape and preferably reinforce that with superglue, it's the name again you'd have thought she'd have taken the ever so subtle hint, they simply just are not interested!

I own several designer bags, tablets (tech), more than I know what to do with (to be honest). I'm never like, "This fits in my Valentino," etc. It's just tacky. It's a handbag and I never feel the need to blab on about it. People that know the designer, know it! I never feel the need to announce it.
Yeah it's actually what I'd say is crass is to brag about things you have like that (the way she does I mean).

One thing (to me at least) that springs to mind is when Megan Markle did that baby shower thing though I get it it's a thing in the US, but to flaunt it like that, when really anything other than a member of the Royals showing their newborn outside of the hospital is the only really thing they do thats public, even their Christening is kept virtually private other than telling the public about it that its happening thats all they do. I know with that some may say they have this and that in the sort of whats required to do their jobs by tradition (sometimes even just that) like the crown jewels but in reality they're state owned they aren't the monarchy's at all (included within those is the St Edwards Crown thats only ever worn once for coronations and then the Imperial State at the opening of parliament and read out of the governments speech sets the agenda for the term).

Last edited:
Reactions: 2

If forgot to add that also needed a second full bathroom and a 1/2 bath (like their current fart [emoji100] powder room). That still would have fit into 1200-1400 sf nicely.

Reactions: 3
I have it on very good authority that a few months ago when Lidl and Aldi attended a function away, hosted by a couple of friends, on a couple of occasions all the guys went out as lads, lads, just lads while all of their girlfriends did something together except Aldi said that he and Lidl were going to do their own thing. Only they didn't do their own thing, they joined the lads i.e. she snubbed the girls. Lidl even said in front of all the lads something sneering about why on earth would she spend time with them [their girlfriends!]. Obviously independently the lads reported back to their girlfriends what was said. Another home goal for cultivating friendships! How to make friends and influence people. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Anyone notice Chavette overreacting on insta? Are influencers the most insecure women on the planet?
Have to say the comment is pretty bitchy. Basically an underhand way of calling her fat. However, she should have ignored it. Reposting just gives validation to the comment. I’ve had someone I work with say something similar in the past, albeit to my face. I just smirked and moved on.

I enjoyed Tamara’s recent video about how she knows there are lots of negative comments and opinions posted about her online. But she believes those people have a right to their opinion, even if she disagrees. She just ignores it and won’t go searching for it to read.

Lydia, Claire etc need to take notice and grow the duck up.

As for the bungalow, what an absolute travesty of a home. There is no way they’ll recoup what they’ve spent, and thats including all the freebies! They should have bought a more modest home, ideally a fixer-upper that she could have put her own disgusting stamp on. Even with her taste, she still would have had more chance of adding value.

Lidil & Aldi - all the gear and no idea!

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.