Lydia Millen #48 Deck the halls with pheasants and holly; bots, naps and Bolly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So we had a 30 minute vlog and all she did was put up the trees no decorating. So Im guessing in tonights she will decorate the trees and Thursday will be putting the star/angel on the tops of the trees. God talk about stuck for content, so which week do we think she will get the flu and quit? Im guessing halfway through week two.:giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: 43
It looks like the ceiling is about to drop on them, or that they are living in a basement. And those lights create odd shadows!
Any decent Interior Designer would know how to avoid that, let's see if it happens...!

Paris Hilton is the"first influencer" you have her to thank :LOL:
Ok Paris is a saint I love her! She's done so much for the organisations close to her heart and it's not done unauthentically either. Definitely don't see her buying fans/subscribers. I used to do PR for her perfumes in the UK back in 2014/2015 and she's honestly so down to earth and sweet, spends time with everyone there to meet her and is an amazing business woman who knows her stuff. A far FAR cry from our Lydiot.

FUR BABIES IN THE WOOD

ACT 1

Scene 5. A Homely, Old Fashioned Kitchen. Day.

The workmen who promised to come and tow @Morest’s Supersonic Jet away didn’t turn up! The Props Department have been incredibly busy on the other side of the stage revolve. As the curtain rises we are greeted with a warm, homely kitchen scene. Bags of flour, mixing bowls, wooden spoons and stacks of cake tins are strewn everywhere. An enormous cake with white icing and a cherry on the top stands in the middle of a farmhouse table. The comforting fire burning in the grate has a tall mantelpiece covered in thank-you cards. All of our dogs are outside peering in through the casement windows excitedly pointing and drooling at the cake. Our cats walk around on the floor, gently nuzzling each other and stretching. Jasper the rabbit happily munches on his carrot. A smiling Old English Sheepdog enters SL. She wears a well used gingham pinafore and waves to our dogs. She carries a basket full of freshly picked flowers. She strokes each cat in turn and gives Jasper‘s ears a little tickle.

Come with me now as I show you the sight
Of a wonderful kitchen - sweet smelling and bright
A more homely scene you would never behold
Than the kitchen of she - who arthritic and old
Shows the bravest and kindest of faces to see
As she works the day long oh so diligently
This is no place for cynics or critics or fakes
For here lives Ma Pastry - the doggy who bakes

With her stained gingham pinny and soft dough-ball paws
She spends her life baking for each worthy cause
She whisks and she kneads and she stirs and she makes
Batch after batch of her scones and her cakes
Each sweet apple pie and each chocolate eclair
And each blueberry muffin far lighter than air
Piled high in profusion in charming array
That defies the shop-bought cakes on offer today

She’s invited to each Furry wedding affair
Where the five-tier cake is all homemade by her
Her smooth fondant icing - a joy to behold
With love rolled inside every crevice and fold
She won’t accept payment or cheques from the banks
Preferring instead to accept heartfelt thanks
She blushes with pride as her tail wags and shakes
For thanks are enough for the doggy who bakes

No puppies had she in her far-away youth
And this is what lies at the nub of her truth
With such love inside her she wasted no time
In baking her love into cakes so sublime
The pleasure this gave was enough for her soul
To retain all its beauty and make her feel whole
This Old English Sheepdog has so much to give
So long may she prosper and long may she live

The buttercream icing in each heart-shaped sponge
Is enough to make pulses beat faster and lunge
And her strawberry shortcake and pecan nut flan
Would tickle the tastebuds of Furry or man
With no-one turned down - no good cause left unheeded
No cook books she owns - there’s no recipes needed
She cooks just by instinct when making her cakes
This loveable, floury, doggy who bakes

Today she’ll bake fairy cakes - 50 or more
For our loved ones who wait at her windows and floor
She’ll give them attention - a nice spoon to lick
And clap with delight if they do any trick
And afterwards when they all leave she will read
All the thank you cards gratefully sent from each breed
Oh Lovely Ma Pastry - what soul could abhor her?
There’s nothing to do but to simply adore her
You are so talented it's unbelievable!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
23: Their storage solutions only have 1 lid as you need to "buy" the others .. a notion very alien to you 2 I know! (it is NOT stackable love .. that's why it wobbles you twit!)
For her understanding: you were sent four containers, you have to buy the lids yourself. Just like your independent kit without an actual tanning product, which you have to buy separately.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Long time viewer, first time poster.

As someone who works in wine, and has spent a lot of money studying hard to get a qualification so that my job can be backed up with training and hard work, it really ticks me off that’s she’s just swanning into the world whilst knowing absolutely nothing. People depend years getting to a point where they feel they can professional recommend wine. On the one hand, having more people my age (20-30s) getting into wine is amazing! On the other, how dare you undermine people working at minimum wage to build years of expertise by pretending to be an expert when you clearly are in it for the lifestyle and not a love for the culture and history of wine.

I also feel sorry for the people who believe her and end up buying cases of tit wine. We shouldn’t be supporting Virgin anyway with Brason and his tax-avoidance!

Angry wine professional rant over 😂 Any questions anyone has about this topic with Lydia, feel free to reply!

• Heart
Reactions: 57
It's so obvious that she detests doing vlogmas. So why even bother, Lydia? Just do the two uploads a week and skip all the dramatic excuses on why vlogmas abruptly stopped after x amount of days?
I could not agree more. The content simply is not there for vlogmas. It’s boring and meaningless. It lacks on every level. This is a very different Christmas and, as usual, she is tone deaf and it’s all about the numbers now. If there had been any mindfulness about the very deep concerns about the fallout of a pandemic and the obvious brexit concerns, the first thing she should have been doing is promotion of buying local and supporting small businesses. What is the point of decorating four Christmas trees with stuff from Amazon? It’s lame and it’s lazy. Even if she had prepared a little better, she could have researched interior designers who have posted instructional Christmas deco guides on yt and given a tutorial on how to emulate at home using arts and crafts and sustaining year after year. Or actually, got decorating tips from the interior designers that she does use, and share them.

FUR BABIES IN THE WOOD

ACT 1

The workmen who promised to come and tow @Morest’s Supersonic Jet away didn’t turn up! The Props Department have been incredibly busy on the other side of the stage revolve. As the curtain rises we are greeted with a warm, homely kitchen scene. Bags of flour, mixing bowls, wooden spoons and stacks of cake tins are strewn everywhere. An enormous cake with white icing and a cherry on the top stands in the middle of a farmhouse table. The comforting fire burning in the grate has a tall mantelpiece covered in thank-you cards. All of our dogs are outside peering in through the casement windows excitedly pointing and drooling at the cake. Our cats walk around on the floor, gently nuzzling each other and stretching. Jasper the rabbit happily munches on his carrot. A smiling Old English Sheepdog enters SL. She wears a well used gingham pinafore and waves to our dogs. She carries a basket full of freshly picked flowers. She strokes each cat in turn and gives Jasper‘s ears a little tickle.

Now THIS is the true meaning of Christmas. Thank you, @Oops. ❤❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
So we had a 30 minute vlog and all she did was put up the trees no decorating. So Im guessing in tonights she will decorate the trees and Thursday will be putting the star/angel on the tops of the trees. God talk about stuck for content, so which week do we think she will get the flu and quit? Im guessing halfway through week two.:giggle:
This is exactly what will happen. She’ll get “sick” around day 15-16 and then it will be radio silence until Dec 27ish and she’ll talk about being sick/needing to take time off/starting her new life/feeling so good now with her new chapter/repainting another room/self care.

The giveaway will be long forgotten by then.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
She's giving away a Louis Vuitton £1500 bag, and running a Just Giving Page for charity - yet her post and reel about it has only generated 21,000 likes and around 2,000 comments. Pretty low for someone with supposedly nearly 950,000 followers!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
FUR BABIES IN THE WOOD

ACT 1

That actually made me well up!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
@Oops, I have a favour to ask you. Well, you know what they say - if you want something done, always ask the busiest person. Three years ago, we moved house and my husband, mistakenly, threw out all the Christmas decorations I had saved from when my girls were toddlers and made wonderful decorations every Christmas together. We were heartbroken to lose the memories. Little gingerbread men on ribbons and homemade baubles with nativity photos, etc etc.

I was wondering if one of your most able digger dogs could be cast in the role of digging them up and returning them to Anna and Lisa this Christmas? xx I would be beyond thrilled if you could include a line in your marvelous Dogmas panto ❤❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
The way she positions herself before Ali kisses her. She's expecting that kiss as though she's said to him "and then you will kiss me" Nothing is natural, its all rehearsed ready for the show

• Sick
Reactions: 33
I could not agree more. The content simply is not there for vlogmas. It’s boring and meaningless. It lacks on every level. This is a very different Christmas and, as usual, she is tone deaf and it’s all about the numbers now. If there had been any mindfulness about the very deep concerns about the fallout of a pandemic and the obvious brexit concerns, the first thing she should have been doing is promotion of buying local and supporting small businesses. What is the point of decorating four Christmas trees with stuff from Amazon? It’s lame and it’s lazy. Even if she had prepared a little better, she could have researched interior designers who have posted instructional Christmas deco guides on yt and given a tutorial on how to emulate at home using arts and crafts and sustaining year after year. Or actually, got decorating tips from the interior designers that she does use, and share them.

Now THIS is the true meaning of Christmas. Thank you, @Oops. ❤❤
I was SO touched by your comment @Milking Keynes. ♥ It actually made me cry.
I am so grateful for the other lovely comments from forum members too. Thank you so much♥ It means a great deal.

Whilst I’m here - just to let those of you with loved ones in our Panto know - that I am trying very had to mention each one of them at some stage before the Final Curtain. I mention this now so that you won’t feel disappointed if your furry one hasn’t been mentioned yet ♥ I am busy scribbling away and working on quite a few scenes simultaneously - such as;

Cat only scenes, Rainbow Bridge Angelic Choir Scene (sobbed for hours with that one!) Dog only Scenes. So please don’t worry, they’re all in there. Some of your furries have the same name so I am trying hard to make it clear which one is which and I really hope I don’t mess up with that. The tiniest detail matters where our loved one are concerned doesn’t it? I was so cross with myself for not spotting the auto-correct in scene 1 where Stannis enters on his watermelon. It corrected itself to Stan is, so his name wasn’t clear. I am so sorry about that @Icemaiden01.
We have over 50 animals now! Isn’t that wonderful? ♥ This is a true labour of love for me. I’m even thinking of including a hive full of bees, but remembering each name might just tip me over the edge. Can you imagine the spreadsheets necessary for that? If your loved one has already been mentioned it doesn’t necessarily mean they won’t be featured again. They are all on stage though whether specifically referred to or not ;) A lot more scenes to come so please bear with...x

edited to include more info x

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
1 minute and 30 seconds in and I have an advert?!
She wore Tiffany since she was very very young, same as using the GHD's then yeah? What are the chances it's a new wedding band?

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
I'm utterly confused at the fact that she does not know 'grandma' and 'grandpa' in Italian. It's as basic as mum and dad. I'm presuming she knew her grandparents from birth, however, If you lived with them as well how do you not know the difference ??? It gives the impression that she was either not interested / close to her maternal grandparents or she was ashamed of them or her (Italian) heritage.
She is probably ashamed. Even children who don’t speak Italian say nonna or the variant nana bcus most kids English or non English speaking know nana/nonna is female and is acceptable for grandma/grandmother. I speak Italian and that’s the first thing you learn and remember even if you’re struggling to understand anything else. Female/male proper noun name endings

• Sad
Reactions: 19
FUR BABIES IN THE WOOD

ACT 1

I am loving reading these so much. You are so talented.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
@Oops, I have a favour to ask you. Well, you know what they say - if you want something done, always ask the busiest person. Three years ago, we moved house and my husband, mistakenly, through out all the Christmas decorations I had saved from when my girls were toddlers and made wonderful decorations every Christmas together. We were heartbroken to lose the memories. Little gingerbread men on ribbons and homemade baubles with nativity photos, etc etc.

I was wondering if one of your most able digger dogs could be cast in the role of digging them up and returning them to Anna and Lisa this Christmas? xx I would be beyond thrilled if you could include a line in your marvelous Dogmas panto ❤❤
OH! This is such a gift for me! YES!!!!! ♥

Right - Auditions for those of you with dogs in rehearsals - any good Digger Dogs please? :love:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Last night on Channel 4 in the UK there was a programme on about the truth about Amazon, in it, there was mention of Jamie Genevieve and how she had put a vlog up on her channel, and it was only when it was about 14 minutes in did the people watching it realise it was an advert for Amazon. I do think people are now getting wiser to their tactics, or even being educated in what's going on. I can only hope that legislation follows and more of these Influencers are brought to task for their underhanded tactics. They already make a fortune on the adverts, but they have to be greedy and have the commission too, putting many shop staff out of jobs as they direct people to where products can be bought online. One of our large department store chains, Debenhams, looks set to close if a buyer can't be found. Thousands of people will lose their jobs, and I see a direct correlation between people losing jobs in bricks and mortar stores with the rise of the Influencer and them encouraging people to buy online because if you don't buy online they can't get their cut of the action. Would be so easy if that code they give could be given in a store, and the commission tracked back that way so at least the stores were in with a fighting chance.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Scene 3. Woodland Clearing. Day.

As the curtain rises we see that @Morest has parked her Supersonic Fighter Jet in the clearing and is nowhere to be seen. She must have trundled off with her petrol can to enable herself to re-fuel. There is a muntjac sitting in the cockpit and 2 pheasant peck and strut all over the fuselage. @Elle Belle has tied a thick rope to the front of the plane and is straining valiantly with all of her might to try and pull it offstage. At the tail of the jet we see @Milking Keynes and @Miscanthus with their backs stuck into it trying to move the jet forwards. @Miss Trunchpole bursts onto the stage carrying a large tree branch. She is furious. Sniff and Scratch, her 2 puppies bark at her heels. They are equally furious.

@Miss Trunchpole Right! That’s it! If I’ve warned you once I’ve warned you a thousand times you are not allowed to break down here today! The dog I got from the Brownies for three pounds when I was a girl might be in tonight’s scene. I’m going to give you a jolly good thrashing!

She thrashes the jet with her tree branch. Repeatedly.

BLACKOUT
Honoured to be includEd! The image of John Cleese thrashing a car with a branch in Fawlty Towers was brought to mind instantly! You are truly gifted at this!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
This is exactly what will happen. She’ll get “sick” around day 15-16 and then it will be radio silence until Dec 27ish and she’ll talk about being sick/needing to take time off/starting her new life/feeling so good now with her new chapter/repainting another room/self care.

The giveaway will be long forgotten by then.
I would put money on this that you're right lol. Then after that it'll be all "new year, new me, new puppy" stuff (poor puppy)

Reactions: 13
Any decent Interior Designer would know how to avoid that, let's see if it happens...!

Ok Paris is a saint I love her! She's done so much for the organisations close to her heart and it's not done unauthentically either. Definitely don't see her buying fans/subscribers. I used to do PR for her perfumes in the UK back in 2014/2015 and she's honestly so down to earth and sweet, spends time with everyone there to meet her and is an amazing business woman who knows her stuff. A far FAR cry from our Lydiot.

You are so talented it's unbelievable!
Yeah don't hate paris hilton, she has admitted herself she made the way for influencers.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.