Lydia Millen #48 Deck the halls with pheasants and holly; bots, naps and Bolly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Musical interlude

Erase / Rewind The Cardigans (The Lydigans)

Hey, what did you hear me say?
You know the difference it makes
What did you hear me say?

Yes, I said it's fine before
But I don't think so no more
I said it's fine before

I've changed my mind
I take it back

Erase and rewind
'Cause I've been changing my mind
Erase and rewind
'Cause I've been changing my mind
I've changed my mind

MeMeMeeeee
MeMeMeeeee
I changed my mind

Lidl wearing Tiffany is the equivalent of you can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig.🐷🤣
I read a quote
An ass (donkey) doesn't become a horse in Paris either.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Something about the first day of her vlogmas makes me sad 🤔 I can’t explain why, but I feel like I just watched two sad people with no real affection to each other, act like they love how they celebrate Christmas and had a good time putting up a strange amount of trees... while in reality there was no real happiness at all shown in this video
“Perfunctory” is the word that describes it. I felt the same. Whilst the intro was lovely and of course filmed and edited by Ali the vlog itself was perfunctory. As usual Lidl got very excited by the deliveries ...there was no interaction between them...but flirting or affection between them whatsoever / the Wes a coldness. I watched a few other vlogs (well skimmed them and there was something missing in the MG vlog. I’m feeling drained by these influencers and I’m saddened by the collapse of of high street shops. They are are lifeline to people who don’t online shop a different generation ....yet its was all glossed over. Job losses for ordinary people who don’t seem to matter anymore. Influencers really have affected my mental health ...their uncaring and disingenuous commentary on the world around them. Maybe time for me to take another break from them and here?
Of course I’ll miss you laughs you amazing Tattlers give me.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
Just a thought ... It's only in my head at the moment but it's something I have thought for a while now... maybe it's beacuse it's Xmas. I am 4 glasses of good vino down (Yes Lydia that means wine love)...and the Fiancee is in bed with Little Miss Sky as she is pooped after her directorial debut with the very strict @Oops........ but I can't help but wonder what life would be without influencers? I think in my own little old world brain .. that it would be AMAAAAAZING!
I remember old fashioned marketing ... I am only 41 but it feels like yesterday I used to love adverts in magazines and on the T.V.

When did the the world decide that fucktards that I can see on the street everyday would have such a grip on humanity and what we buy? Please tell me?

I studied hard ....I had 2 jobs because coming from an Italian family meant earning your keep (Lydia you are far from what I would call Italian with your work ethic!!) So I had to work If my dad was to even let me go to Uni ....I worked in my Dads bar and I worked in a restaurant each weekend having hardly anytime for myself but hey ho you do what you have to in life unless you beg!

But I always had such high esteem for people that got a degree and earned a career like myself ... I have done very well in life ..I live how I want to always, but I know others can't,...so my humanity kicks in and I donate etc whenever I can.

It is just so strange for me to have friends in marketing and they abhor bloggers ...they say they have ruined the career path for others and at this point looking at Lydia and Victorai etc I tend to agree,......it's an art ... it's not a beg or a flog ...ppl really do want to promote brands in the correct way and it's sad that the world only wants fast fashion/ fast branding and fast culture..

We need to get back to the "REAL" deal ... the REAL work ethic .. the REAL person ... the REAL consumer!

I would love all of you to boycott all fake publicity and promotion of goods in life ...Please stand up and make a change for the good of humanity and for the good of this world!!!

Sermon over ... go in peace xxxx

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
So she's not just asking people to donate, she's of course asking them to share the link to donate, so of course she's going to up her subscriber count that way. She's up another thousand from this morning to 946 and looking through the newest followers, they seem to be genuine people.

She knows how well a giveaway worked for Lorna Luxe and others, obviously she wouldn't fork out for a Chanel bag though! Didn't someone post an article about how giveaways should be banned on insta, earlier in this thread?
Giveaways to increase subscribers are not allowed on Instagram according to the rules they recently sent round.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Please one of you Tattlers stop me before I explode.....

Run down in 3..2..1..

1: Who the F does a tree in heels ... I loved doing my very stylish and (No millen you cant buy it as I had it bespoke made out of wrought Iron) Tree in my Pygiamas .... The whole Xmas vibe is to be relaxed and intouch with humanity .... a thing you have not yet grasped that certain special moments in life need to be appreciated and not "instagram worthy".
2: That smile is haunting ...even moreso in slo-mo ...I will be sending you the bill for the Priory!
3: Not even 1.5 minutes in and we have an AD .. FFS
4: The LV trunk isnt moving and we all know why ... because its more Boogie to include a XMAS tree with a LV trunk in the same pic ... lets not lie not you silly moo moo ...(Vomit emojie)
5: It's not a dwarf wall .. it's a bleeping low wall you complete "eff up" of a human being... I know it sounds cute for us imbeciles but unfortunately we have more brain cells than you would credit us with!
6: You did say something very true ...you and Ali are hot on "traditions" yes begging all year is a massive tradition ... Xmas not so much or being nice .. or being anything really that doesn't have a dollar sign attached to it!
7: Ali likes to leave you to do the trees as he can't be arsed with you whinging about it not being asthetically pleasing for the gram ... Cawwie is as addicted to wine as you so really its a win win for you my Ladyship!
8: You are lacking content so you have to include Cawwies trees too in order to fill up airtime. Just saying it as it is with my chest babes! mwahhh
9: You changed the name of the Animal site as you "lost" one and so its not fitting anymore ... so just like the discarded boxes from DHL and amazon .. Lynx goes in the pile .. all but forgotten ....Couldn't you just put Lumi, Lynx and (name of new dog on the instapage? ...Too difficult ? or not pleasing enough...hmmmm?
10: "That fake laugh needs to go" ...you are not happy to be a new Mummy .. you are happy you can buy loads of expensive tit and show it off and use the dog as the reason for it ...you are as "see through" as Donald trump as just as frightening!
11: You have a shoot with KM ... Boohoo whatever ...I would make sure I have protective cream or underwear on because that tit is radioactive!
12: You are right ... you have shown us nothing and nor will you show us anything moving forward. I am not impressed with a re-re done study / nor an Alitex Greenhouse that won't be used/ nor a Porch that didn't need doing in the first place .. so really we are at square 1 again ...Enlighten me please!
13: Open boxes again ... wreaths .. flowers..you really have bored the tit out of me .....even the delivery guy is probably bored of you!
14: "I let my LUXURY Jo Malone candles burn out" and OHHHHHH .... you saviour you re-used them for a cheap tit candle to go in your number 5 blooms arrangements ...You need a prize babes!
15: " Mulled wine is our tradition" .. I don't think you know what a tradition is love! You have never done a Vlogmas with Mulled Wine .. LIAR!
16: ......AND WE MOVE TO ANOTHER ORGASM OVER A BOX ... JESUS CAN YOU JUST STOP! ......No 5 blooms ...another load of dead flowers for your Gram....cheers I can't breathe ...
17: "It feels like the evening coz it's miserable.. not that I am miserable"...hmmm Yes .. yes you are darling!
18: (Tiffany bags in the kitchen) : Scene: Lydia saying that she is different to other Vloggers as she doesn't hide her emotion ....Yes you don't because you love anything Luxe that is gifted and begged for. You have a hole where your heart should be darling ...you are nothing to aspire to, and I for one would be wholly heartbroken if I was one of your parents to see you like this in public .. My father would have given me a Royal slap around the face and would tell me to "Wake up"!. And you sincerely don't love Tiffany as you can't afford it without begging and you certainly did them no favours adding "Cheapy" rings to theirs. And ofcourse you won't show us what you got as its more content for Vlogmas ... silly me thinking you were genuine!
19: Hot chocolate freebie coming in 3...2..1 But obvs they sent Lydia 2 bags of her fave ...(Cawwie wasn't emailing them constantly for this was she as otherwise how would they know which one you like????????????)
20: Give up trying to speak Italian .. you grate on me eveytime you do it!
21: You make your own pesto but its SHITE!
22: Can I let you in on a secret (No you don't have to pay me lovely Lyds)...the crap in that hamper is mass produced Shite from Italy .. we send it to knobs like you in the hope that you think it's all Lux etc but really it's the crap we don't buy or use ... so your poor English Idea of having Luxury Italian goods in your pantry is laughable!
23: Their storage solutions only have 1 lid as you need to "buy" the others .. a notion very alien to you 2 I know! (it is NOT stackable love .. that's why it wobbles you twit!)
24: You taking the piss out of someones Indian accent is not funny at all... you can't speak Italian or even English if I am correct ...so people in galss houses shouldn't throw stones you utter racist prick!
25: "Dashing through the snow in a one horse open sleigh... over fields we go bitching all the way" APT FOR YOUR WIFE ...
26: Nobody needs 4 x Christmas trees .. the height of Kitsch ... the hight of entitlement is immense with you two isn't it!
27: "Waaaay .. Christmas in a room we never use" Oh you are just inviting me to want to slap you arn't you!

You wasted 20 mins of my life for that SHITE! Really?
Bravo @Stefano 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 14
If we are in lockdown surely she's not allowed some stranger round from Karen Millen to alter her clothes 🤔
Also anyone buying the clothes won't have them pinned and altered 🤨

Their front room looks so cold and dingy, even with the fire lit.
Screenshot_20201201_233228.jpg
Screenshot_20201201_233209.jpg

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
For once I'm glad to see Lydia engaging with a charity that isn't just a transparent attempt at boosting her own ego, but I'm absolutely perplexed by her lack of proofreading. She's asked everyone to donate and SHARE, but her caption is full of run-on sentences, grammatical errors, and spelling mistakes. What is a "plee"? I had to change my predictive text to deliberately misspell that. P-L-E-A, it's a 4-letter word.

I find the way she's gone about this so odd. It was the 12th of October that her Nonno went to a care home. I don't know what care home waiting lists are like at the moment, but the family will have made the decision before he actually went to the home. Even if she waited some time for delivery, it seems late to be giving away this new LV bag. Maybe she thought that vlogmas might boost the visibility of her post and help with donations, but it could so easily be the other way around as well - a ploy to increase her engagement (which we all know looks awful from all the bot-buying.)
I also find it weird that it's just an unboxing video, no pictures of Nonno. It would be a much more compelling story if there was a face that readers could attach to her caption. I know she doesn't have a background in charity fundraising, but it's a pretty basic advertising principle.

I don't know what I was expecting. I guess it's just a disappointing that she's missed the mark again, and this is the closest she's gotten to a genuinely altruistic gesture in her entire career. The sleep-out last year was about as tone-deaf as Alfie Deyes' £1 challenge and insistence that "[he's] not a tory!" Is this really the best you can do, Lydia?

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
My question is why did she chose a Louis Vuitton bag, because she wants to get into their good books and know that they do considerable amounts of charity work, or because it is a bag that is close to her heart and has a meaning? Could it also be because she knows that it is a fav for many and that would boost people to participate. Or because it was the only discounted bag she could buy, on line from Harrods?

Is that mean of me to think like that?

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Giveaways to increase subscribers are not allowed on Instagram according to the rules they recently sent round.
OMG now I get it.... she bought the bag for 900K and then with the "new rules" she realized she couldn't use it to up her subscribers with a giveaway so "lightbulb"... a way around the problem.

I'll refrain from my further comments about her motives and it has raised 15k. But I stand by my opinion on her WAYS... esp with this "event" reason. Good for the charity tho

1606868240408.png

• Heart
Reactions: 31
If we are in lockdown surely she's not allowed some stranger round from Karen Millen to alter her clothes 🤔
Also anyone buying the clothes won't have them pinned and altered 🤨

Their front room looks so cold and dingy, even with the fire lit. View attachment 331323View attachment 331324
Her pictures hang wonky.

Watched a video of Ash Levi and she mentioned she likes Lydia's vlogmas videos, went into the comments, saw this
1606868822096.png
RIP

For once I'm glad to see Lydia engaging with a charity that isn't just a transparent attempt at boosting her own ego, but I'm absolutely perplexed by her lack of proofreading. She's asked everyone to donate and SHARE, but her caption is full of run-on sentences, grammatical errors, and spelling mistakes. What is a "plee"? I had to change my predictive text to deliberately misspell that. P-L-E-A, it's a 4-letter word.

I find the way she's gone about this so odd. It was the 12th of October that her Nonno went to a care home. I don't know what care home waiting lists are like at the moment, but the family will have made the decision before he actually went to the home. Even if she waited some time for delivery, it seems late to be giving away this new LV bag. Maybe she thought that vlogmas might boost the visibility of her post and help with donations, but it could so easily be the other way around as well - a ploy to increase her engagement (which we all know looks awful from all the bot-buying.)
I also find it weird that it's just an unboxing video, no pictures of Nonno. It would be a much more compelling story if there was a face that readers could attach to her caption. I know she doesn't have a background in charity fundraising, but it's a pretty basic advertising principle.

I don't know what I was expecting. I guess it's just a disappointing that she's missed the mark again, and this is the closest she's gotten to a genuinely altruistic gesture in her entire career. The sleep-out last year was about as tone-deaf as Alfie Deyes' £1 challenge and insistence that "[he's] not a tory!" Is this really the best you can do, Lydia?
Lydia doesn't use autocorrect. She is a strong independed c*nt who needs no text correction. You spell how you want lovely, and so do I.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Oh wonder why Ali doesn't want to decorate the trees with her???? um she literally just said "I just direct Carrie and she helps me because that's what best friends do". WHO would want to be DIRECTED on how to decorate 4 trees in their own home? On this point Ali is smart. NOT FUN MILLEN which is why you have to PAY a person to do this with you.

AND Tiffany... oh how far they have fallen to use influencers the likes of Lydia. We shall see if it's a real partnership but I'm sincerely disappointed in them if it is.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I sped through ITF's and Lydiot's because they were boring but even ITF's home was more festive looking and enjoyable then the dark dungeon of the bungalow.

I actually watched Josie's vlog because of the great cooking her husband did. Very festive and clearly he loves cooking.

But Ali and Lydiot....wtf was that?

Other than the 1st minute intro that Ali clearly did and the last few minutes of the vlog showing undecorated trees up in each room, all Lydiot did was yap per usual about nothing and open some bloody boxes. This is her Vlogmas?

Clearly, her peers work more and do more than her. She's such a lazy, boring twit, honestly.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I didn’t dare, felt I wouldn’t have been appreciated. I ventured onto chase amie’s thread , left a comment and could feel the cold air.
I enjoy josie’s thread!
Same, I ventured into Frows because I was/still am furious about the dog but not much going on there. now I stick here and dabble a bit on Josie’s 😂

Reactions: 10
Wow, lydiot has done it, she's made the most exciting part of her vlogging life the most boring vlog I've ever seen. Where is all the preparation she has been talking about? With her budget and resources, she could've done so much BUT she chose us to watch two daft people put up excessive amounts of Christmas trees. I can't wait until the internet gets bored of her.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Just a thought ... It's only in my head at the moment but it's something I have thought for a while now... maybe it's beacuse it's Xmas. I am 4 glasses of good vino down (Yes Lydia that means wine love)...and the Fiancee is in bed with Little Miss Sky as she is pooped after her directorial debut with the very strict @Oops........ but I can't help but wonder what life would be without influencers? I think in my own little old world brain .. that it would be AMAAAAAZING!
I remember old fashioned marketing ... I am only 41 but it feels like yesterday I used to love adverts in magazines and on the T.V.

When did the the world decide that fucktards that I can see on the street everyday would have such a grip on humanity and what we buy? Please tell me?

I studied hard ....I had 2 jobs because coming from an Italian family meant earning your keep (Lydia you are far from what I would call Italian with your work ethic!!) So I had to work If my dad was to even let me go to Uni ....I worked in my Dads bar and I worked in a restaurant each weekend having hardly anytime for myself but hey ho you do what you have to in life unless you beg!

But I always had such high esteem for people that got a degree and earned a career like myself ... I have done very well in life ..I live how I want to always, but I know others can't,...so my humanity kicks in and I donate etc whenever I can.

It is just so strange for me to have friends in marketing and they abhor bloggers ...they say they have ruined the career path for others and at this point looking at Lydia and Victorai etc I tend to agree,......it's an art ... it's not a beg or a flog ...ppl really do want to promote brands in the correct way and it's sad that the world only wants fast fashion/ fast branding and fast culture..

We need to get back to the "REAL" deal ... the REAL work ethic .. the REAL person ... the REAL consumer!

I would love all of you to boycott all fake publicity and promotion of goods in life ...Please stand up and make a change for the good of humanity and for the good of this world!!!

Sermon over ... go in peace xxxx
I couldn’t agree with you more!
Personally I hate Instagram. I trained as a makeup artist and absolutely loved it but with the rise of these so called Instagram MUA’s and fake influencers it really ruined my craft. What was once an art form, enhancing someone’s face to look like themselves but more glam has turned into everyone wanting to look like each other, with 15 layers of makeup. Their is no skill required anymore, you just need the latest Huda palette and the audacity to charge £80 for a ‘beat’ face. Influencers also changed the way brands work. Once upon a time the staff on counter were treated like gold with great benefits, bonuses and commission. They were the ones making all the money but now you would be lucky to get paid 1% commission on top of a minimum wage salary as brands are spending their money on influencers and brand trips instead. They see influencers as the main money makers for the brand. That’s why I always urge people to go to a counter to buy their products instead of online. I have had so many friends retrain in a new field and I am trying to do that now too. It is quite sad though as I thought I had found my passion, maybe one day I can go back to it but who knows.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.