Lydia Millen #47 I dish what I can't take, yes my followers are fake!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
‘Ello 😬
I haven’t read this thread for months, I stopped watching them both at the beginning of lockdown one,

i just couldn’t stomach looking at her face and watching her vapid crappy hour long vlogs whilst the earth was exploding (minus the Globy fail which I was totally there for 🤣)

but is Christmas really Christmas without “Christmas with the MG’s”
this twit and her husband flogging any old tit on the daily are what Christmas is about!

and on the subject of Ali WHAT THE duck HAPPENED HIM!! 😮

With a beard he looks haggered, without View attachment 322706like a pubesant teenager 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
20201124_200058.jpg

She says in this tragic phone case ad on her IG stories that she never carries a purse or a wallet with her. Soooooo
- what does she put in her gazillion handbags???
- is she so far removed from reality that she believes Instagram bots to be an accepted currency at real, brick and mortar shops??

• Haha
Reactions: 36
‘Ello 😬
I haven’t read this thread for months, I stopped watching them both at the beginning of lockdown one,

i just couldn’t stomach looking at her face and watching her vapid crappy hour long vlogs whilst the earth was exploding (minus the Globy fail which I was totally there for 🤣)

but is Christmas really Christmas without “Christmas with the MG’s”
this twit and her husband flogging any old tit on the daily are what Christmas is about!

and on the subject of Ali WHAT THE duck HAPPENED HIM!! 😮
Welcome back!
just missing Gemma NYC and georgee, to make christmas with the millen morons a festive time!!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
You can complain to us by:

make a complaint by completing our online complaints form (click continue below), or by calling us via the details below. If you encounter any error messages when using our online form, please contact us at [email protected] - though please note we don't accept complaints via this email address.
You will need:

information about the ad, including where and when you saw it
if possible, a photo, video or screenshot of the ad (please note, if we do not have sufficient detail to help us to locate the ad you have concerns about, we may not be able to proceed with an assessment of your complaint)
if you're complaining online, a few minutes to fill in our form

It looks like the ASA route could work if we went down the route of fraudulent behaviour on the ads. Do we have evidence of fraudulent accounts that are liking?
Sadly I don’t think we can go this route. The ASA blog that I cited earlier featured this:

“As our rules apply to the placement and content of marketing communications, they are only likely to apply in cases where an influencer is specifically referring to their number of followers in an advertising context, e.g. when advertising their value to brands who might want to work with them.

We’re also hearing of more and more instances of fledgling influencers pretending to work in collaboration with a brand and even going as far as to label the content as advertising to try and lend some credence to their claims.

There isn’t much we can do about either of these activities...”

So unless we had proof of her saying directly to brands something along the lines of “I have over 947k (or whatever number she is on) followers that I could promote your product to,” as a means of getting herself work then sadly there’s nothing the ASA can do.

Basically the ASA are useless!

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
View attachment 322820
She says in this tragic phone case ad on her IG stories that she never carries a purse or a wallet with her. Soooooo
- is she so far removed from reality that she believes Instagram bots to be an accepted currency at real, brick and mortar shops??
She just invents her life as the day goes by!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
20201124_200724.jpg

As if it's only during lockdown that she started spending everyday in her tan-stained dressing gowns 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Can we ATIP (access to information) or Audit big name brands to get information on the correspondence between her and brands? I wouldn't trust Auditing Lydia's ''company'', Caweee would mass delete all the begging correspondence but I doubt bigger companies would. Can we do that between two companies? It would be nice to see them be transparent when it comes to ''influencer'' collaborations.

Reactions: 7
View attachment 322820
Her voice kept going really high pitched in this 😂 she was definitely telling a bunch of lies.
No way is Lady Luxury of the bungalow using an unbranded magnetised phone case/purse! That thing wont even fit in her teeny tiny little handbags. Remember she bought that tiny dior purse in harrods that time because she said she needs to small purses for her small bags.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Jimmy Neutron!
1606251235354.png

Sadly I don’t think we can go this route. The ASA blog that I cited earlier featured this:

“As our rules apply to the placement and content of marketing communications, they are only likely to apply in cases where an influencer is specifically referring to their number of followers in an advertising context, e.g. when advertising their value to brands who might want to work with them.

We’re also hearing of more and more instances of fledgling influencers pretending to work in collaboration with a brand and even going as far as to label the content as advertising to try and lend some credence to their claims.

So unless we had proof of her saying directly to brands something along the lines of “I have over 947k (or whatever number she is on) followers that I could promote your product to,” as a means of getting herself work then sadly there’s nothing the ASA can do.

Probably have more success with a daily newspaper if anyone had contacts in that field. It's not as if it is lying because the evidence is there for anyone to see in her Instagram Follower list.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
There was a film made in the fifties about such a scenario as Lids is experiencing. She could sell the appropriate merch no problem.
1E808B6C-08CE-4147-97F6-558B2585D19F.jpeg
3066BEC4-40DD-44AE-BAB5-E6AB2BADCC73.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 17
View attachment 322820
She doesn't need a wallet she barely leaves her bungalow.

It's the brands fault, if they did their homework and boycotted scam influencers or reported it to the ASA, influencers would have to follow the rules, and it would be a win win for the brands with a true understanding of what they're paying for.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
He looks unwell ☹ Lost so much weight his face is caving in and even his skin tone he looks malnourished ☹ What a shame he was an attractive guy a few years ago
He always tilts his head in the direction that his hair is combed. This gives the illusion that there is a strong wind about to blow him over.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I've been around the topic of Lydia Millen on gossip forums for the longest of time, ever since she and Ali got engaged and staged that ridiculous fake proposal. I couldn't put my finger on what was exactly off about her, for example, she would sound very posh, and ocasionally would pull off a really nice outfit, but at the same time had these cheap looking yellow highlights and those glued on plastic chesticles. I remeber putting Lydia Millen fake into Google search and stumbling across the previous forum, I've been (mostly) reading ever since and I can honestly say this is my favourite place on the Internet, you are so witty and creative, with the summaries, poetry and photos, it's all super entertaining and I'm not going to lie, being a part od this community makes me feel intelectually superior in a way :geek:

Now, since I've been around for so long, I clearly remember an incident a couple of years ago when there was this published list (may have been an article as well)of bloggers with the largest fake following. Josie was one of them, her husband Charlie was given as an example of one of the worst, and even though no names were stated, you could clearly deduce who they were. Lydia reacted to it on Twitter quite violently targeting Josie (again no names, but it was VERY clear she was refering to her), claiming how much damage they were causing for everyone else in the industry and being all high and mighty about it.

I'm not tech savy enough to find it, but if there is anyone else here who remembers this 🙏
It would be pure gold at this moment...
I remember this tweet, lydiot was claiming the list was well known to everyone. Josie and her fiancé were on the list. Josie after the whole drama had died said she will sue the article writer for defamation and then the whole article got deleted!

• Wow
Reactions: 20
I've been around the topic of Lydia Millen on gossip forums for the longest of time, ever since she and Ali got engaged and staged that ridiculous fake proposal. I couldn't put my finger on what was exactly off about her, for example, she would sound very posh, and ocasionally would pull off a really nice outfit, but at the same time had these cheap looking yellow highlights and those glued on plastic chesticles. I remeber putting Lydia Millen fake into Google search and stumbling across the previous forum, I've been (mostly) reading ever since and I can honestly say this is my favourite place on the Internet, you are so witty and creative, with the summaries, poetry and photos, it's all super entertaining and I'm not going to lie, being a part od this community makes me feel intelectually superior in a way :geek:

Now, since I've been around for so long, I clearly remember an incident a couple of years ago when there was this published list (may have been an article as well)of bloggers with the largest fake following. Josie was one of them, her husband Charlie was given as an example of one of the worst, and even though no names were stated, you could clearly deduce who they were. Lydia reacted to it on Twitter quite violently targeting Josie (again no names, but it was VERY clear she was refering to her), claiming how much damage they were causing for everyone else in the industry and being all high and mighty about it.

I'm not tech savy enough to find it, but if there is anyone else here who remembers this 🙏
It would be pure gold at this moment...
Love that, totally agree, and you guys should earn a percentage of the ad profits on this website because this forum is fire!

Everyone so diplomatic, the threads on GG always turned into people arguing. Here you are congratulating and supporting each other. It's been great entertaining during this lockdown.

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.