Lydia Millen #47 I dish what I can't take, yes my followers are fake!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When Frow said she saw somewhere that Boe comes from French and Scandinavian, and means ssweets... lol, you wish. Don't know what it comes from in Scandie, but from an etymology research, it all comes from Gallic french words boue, boeuf, bouse (mud, beef, cow dung). The word BOEuf which means beef, comes from Boe in gallic, which refers to mud, to someone who lives in a muddy dirty place, to cow dung.
I thought it was after the gin, in keeping with the influencer tradition of naming dogs after alcohol

Screenshot_20201124-161102_Firefox.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I've been around the topic of Lydia Millen on gossip forums for the longest of time, ever since she and Ali got engaged and staged that ridiculous fake proposal. I couldn't put my finger on what was exactly off about her, for example, she would sound very posh, and ocasionally would pull off a really nice outfit, but at the same time had these cheap looking yellow highlights and those glued on plastic chesticles. I remeber putting Lydia Millen fake into Google search and stumbling across the previous forum, I've been (mostly) reading ever since and I can honestly say this is my favourite place on the Internet, you are so witty and creative, with the summaries, poetry and photos, it's all super entertaining and I'm not going to lie, being a part od this community makes me feel intelectually superior in a way :geek:

Now, since I've been around for so long, I clearly remember an incident a couple of years ago when there was this published list (may have been an article as well)of bloggers with the largest fake following. Josie was one of them, her husband Charlie was given as an example of one of the worst, and even though no names were stated, you could clearly deduce who they were. Lydia reacted to it on Twitter quite violently targeting Josie (again no names, but it was VERY clear she was refering to her), claiming how much damage they were causing for everyone else in the industry and being all high and mighty about it.

I'm not tech savy enough to find it, but if there is anyone else here who remembers this 🙏
It would be pure gold at this moment...

• Heart
Reactions: 64
They did actually say in a vlog they picked it out a list of Viking names. How accurate their source was, who knows?
I’m Swedish and I’ve never heard the name Boe either. As SuperB mentioned “Bo” is a male name often used by older men but not Boe.
Boe is not even a word and it doesn’t means “sweets”.

Reactions: 13
I’m Swedish and I’ve never heard the name Boe either. As SuperB mentioned Bo is a male name often used by older men but not Boe.
Looks like they've taken Bo and added their own 'e' then and are claiming 'Boe' is a Viking name. Spreading false information.

Reactions: 11
I reported her to instagram i was that incensed as i too looked at the bots some didnt even have names just a sequence of numbers how the hell does she get away with it as it dilutes her credibility....fake followers to make herself seem popular what a Lydiot 😡
It’s so disingenuous! I’ve just seen all the fake accounts. She was stuck on just below 900k for so long and now she’s racking up thousands an hour! How is she allowed to get away with scamming people!!

• Angry
Reactions: 19
This Twitter account hasn't been active since Feb 2019, but there are some interesting posts on there, naming names.

This article talks about Instagram Pods and how they work. You see bloggers liking and sharing each other's posts

Reactions: 11
On socialblade she now has two days when she’s lost followers (hurrah!) :m

Clearly reporting has worked or Instagram has done some deleting of bot accounts. Let’s see when we’ll hear about her call with Instagram.

Also, she seems to have gotten a good deal from some Russian company selling followers, most of the new bots have odd names but Russian content 😅

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
I first watched Lydia when she did her car tour of the white Evoque. That must be around 6/7 years ago? In that time, I only remember her doing a giveaway, (I think it was a bag or something), and then the apparent 'winner' was another blogger..... how convenient. Since then, she's claimed to do the GHD giveaway a few months ago and never announced a winner, but in all those years, that is it! She is the tightest, most disingenuous, arrogant youtube 'creator' out there.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 45
Please someone explain why she wouldn’t correct her mistake right away? Says it’s £1 when it should be £10, says she will fix it... but 5 hours pass and still hasn’t...

View attachment 322385
I've heard/seen of other influencers doing this before, apparently if you edit your caption within a certain time after it's been posted it will affect how many people see it. The longer you wait to edit, the less affect it will have.

According this guy https://www.itchban.com/blog/2017/8/23/dont-edit-your-instagram-posts 'When you post a photo on Instagram it starts accruing engagement (likes, comments, saves & shares). The Instagram algorithm uses this engagement as a kind of ranking to determine the quality of your content. If you get a lot of engagement (especially within the first hour), the algorithm will favour your post and promote it.
Your post will be distributed higher up in people's feeds, show up on more users explore pages, and if you're lucky, hit top posts for location & some/all hashtags used. That's how posts end up doing well, and kind of how Instagram works these days. Supposedly if you edit a caption within the first couple of hours after posting all the likes & comments you've received up to that point will reset and not count anymore. If you've hit top posts for any location or hashtag, you'll be taken off top posts. You're basically telling Instagram to ignore all the likes & comments you've received so far.'

Someone on Quora.com also says 'If you edit the post's caption too frequently after posting it will decrease the reach of your post as Instagram's algorithm thinks you might be spamming. If you edit the post caption just 1–2 times total, it shouldn't influence your reach. And if you edit the caption after 24 hours, it won't decrease your reach'.

However, some websites say there has been no proof that this happens and it's fine to edit straightaway. You would think Lydia would have checked such an important part of the advertised raffle before posting, it's so unprofessional and makes herself look like an idiot! Although that's nothing new!!

• Angry
Reactions: 14
This is written with the audience being brands as to how to spot fake followers and content on an Instagram account. The bit about the generic comments is very spot on with all their Instagram accounts.

Reactions: 9
I’ve actually written to a brand that recently worked with her politely informing them of two things (1) that lydia works with the Boohoo group so you have to wonder about her moral
compass (2) she is suspected of buying followers which creates a non equal playing field for other IGers. I won’t name them as Lyds may go straight to them and tell them a lie or two. But they were really gracious about it and said it was new news to them. They thanked me for passing on the info. Now - I don’t know if they will genuinely do anything about it but it was nice that they took the time to read my message and respond. I DMed the company on IG. I’ve done it for quite a few other brands she’s been working with. I think if we all did this in a professional manner then they’d really have to start sitting up. No harm trying right?
Oh 100%. I think the politer we are to companies then the greater the response as she can’t just file us away under “Oh they are just trolls, don’t believe anything they say”. We need to be factual and simply present the evidence so they are informed. At the end of the day companies follow their customers feedback especially when it’s honest!

I think we are reaching saturation point with influencers in general to be honest. I get that influencers have their place in marketing but as a consumer, I’m getting to the point now where I’m like “if they can gift her a bloody handbag/table/car etc for a mere mention then why should I pay full ticket price as someone who is physically spending both time and money in their stores. Especially in this current climate. I don’t want to feel second rate to an influencer when I’m spending my hard earned money!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I've been around the topic of Lydia Millen on gossip forums for the longest of time, ever since she and Ali got engaged and staged that ridiculous fake proposal. I couldn't put my finger on what was exactly off about her, for example, she would sound very posh, and ocasionally would pull off a really nice outfit, but at the same time had these cheap looking yellow highlights and those glued on plastic chesticles. I remeber putting Lydia Millen fake into Google search and stumbling across the previous forum, I've been (mostly) reading ever since and I can honestly say this is my favourite place on the Internet, you are so witty and creative, with the summaries, poetry and photos, it's all super entertaining and I'm not going to lie, being a part od this community makes me feel intelectually superior in a way :geek:

Now, since I've been around for so long, I clearly remember an incident a couple of years ago when there was this published list (may have been an article as well)of bloggers with the largest fake following. Josie was one of them, her husband Charlie was given as an example of one of the worst, and even though no names were stated, you could clearly deduce who they were. Lydia reacted to it on Twitter quite violently targeting Josie (again no names, but it was VERY clear she was refering to her), claiming how much damage they were causing for everyone else in the industry and being all high and mighty about it.

I'm not tech savy enough to find it, but if there is anyone else here who remembers this 🙏
It would be pure gold at this moment...
I've found bits of it, it was in 2017 💪

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
50% off + a further 5%....does not equate to 55% off, liedya how embarrassing! Can’t even get the basic discount amount right from the cheap Chinese phone case u are being paid to flog. ‘You know what I mean!’ Aka can’t be bothered to make it make sense.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
Lydia Millen #48 - Tis the season to be greedy, it's not about giving unless it's to me me me me. 🎶

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Oh 100%. I think the politer we are to companies then the greater the response as she can’t just file us away under “Oh they are just trolls, don’t believe anything they say”. We need to be factual and simply present the evidence so they are informed. At the end of the day companies follow their customers feedback especially when it’s honest!

I think we are reaching saturation point with influencers in general to be honest. I get that influencers have their place in marketing but as a consumer, I’m getting to the point now where I’m like “if they can gift her a bloody handbag/table/car etc for a mere mention then why should I pay full ticket price as someone who is physically spending both time and money in their stores. Especially in this current climate. I don’t want to feel second rate to an influencer when I’m spending my hard earned money!
agreed, I mean there were influencers before (actresses, athletes) it's nothing new. What's new is us having it rubbed in our faces constantly how much free crap they get on top of how much they're making. On top of the fact that there only job is influencing.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
50% off + a further 5%....does not equate to 55% off, liedya how embarrassing! Can’t even get the basic discount amount right from the cheap Chinese phone case u are being paid to flog. ‘You know what I mean!’ Aka can’t be bothered to make it make sense.
it would be 50% off original price then 5% off the discounted price right? not 55% off the original price? (bad at math... *le sigh*)

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Why does Lydia's current face resemble a FOOT????!!! 😱😱😱

20201124_182331.jpg
20201124_182315.jpg

With her hygiene I think it's not too improbable that she also has fungus...

Adobe_20201124_183143.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.