Lydia Millen #43 Wonky coffin bed whining, bunga-bore redesigning, insta bots declining!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
from Ali's vlog - Home Garden & Photoshoot With Lydia
Watched this and the bit about sending Aldi out to get a twig to hang up in order for her to hang basil from ( is that a thing, am baffled) was horrible to watch. He seemed nervous about the brief so picked six for her to peruse. When she picked one, he was sent off to sand it. When he did that, she barely looked up from her cake baking to acknowledge him. It was cringe. He really is Bolly OG.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
To me their relationship doesn’t feel equitable. They don’t seem like a team or like they’re facing life and the future together. That’s what is sad to me about the home IG, her making all the decisions and the weird name stuff.

I don’t care about his masculinity or whatever. I just want to see a couple who are invested in each other and who enjoy each other’s company, without the whining and the constant digs.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
to hang up in order for her to hang basil from ( is that a thing, am baffled) was horrible to watch. He seemed nervous about the brief so picked six for her to peruse. When she picked one, he was sent off to sand it. When he did that, she barely looked up from her cake baking to acknowledge him. It was cringe
Happened that in Ali's last vlog? I can't remember it? What happened to me whilst watching his vlog??? Send halp! o_O

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Happened that in Ali's last vlog? I can't remember it? What happened to me whilst watching his vlog??? Send halp! o_O
No, it’s the one we were referred to here to watch the “I’m going to get pissed tonight” vlog. Some of us couldn’t open it here so had to go and hunt it down. It is entitled Home Garden and Photoshoot with Lydia (no commas 😘)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Always looking annoyed with him. Even when he's about to go and pick her twigs.

1603972598668.png

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 26
I highly doubt that Toni paid Lydia for this collab or that Lydia paid anything to Toni. Most likely what happened is that they agreed on a commission. It could be 50/50 or then Lydia gets 20%-50% of the profit (works sold - cost of production). Toni probably hoped for easy money as most likely her sales dropped during the lockdown. It’s also really easy money for Lydia, hence she’s not pushing or advertising it.

Little background on selling art: Every artist who sells at a gallery will pay around 30% commission to the gallery. In worst case scenario the artist only gets 30% of the sold price. Gallery offers the artist to have an exhibition, artist agrees that the gallery can set the price and the artist takes a commission of the sales. In some cases, gallery buys out the artworks for a nominal price from the artist and can then set the price.
Other option for less known artists is to sell at online platforms and there the commission can be around 30% to sell their works.

Having worked in the art world I can honestly say that these prices she’s asking are not bad (I am a little bit ruined in the sense that I am used to seeing works selling for millions of pounds). The only problem is that Toni’s art is not that interesting and Lydia will definitely not help her to get top gallery representation. But I have said before, I do not think that’s what Toni wants, I think she’s more interested in becoming an artist used by interior designers, someone looking for something affordable and decorative.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Did she tag after someone above (sorry can't remember name) said about emailing them? If so she's just a vindictive spoilt brat who really needs to get a life if her life goal is to get one over on us tattlers!!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I reported her Louboutin reel. Hopefully it gets taken down 😄 so pissed off she made out she bought then when they were gifted. Makes sense why she went on the attack about it being said she doesn't like loubs.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I'm with you on this. I've stopped feeling sorry for anyone who chooses to collaborate with this monster. I thought an artist would have more integrity and self respect. Surly 'working' with her, has ruined her reputation in the art world?
Agree. And you are also right when you recently posted re not having much sympathy for those sending her stuff looking for a shout out. I had thought it would be a nice thing to do for loyal followers but the reaction of the twiney woman was so OTT .. I cried and had to get my hubby to watch the queen of yt open my twine ball .. ghastly behaviour. I imagine the reaction by the other subby calling out the twine woman for posting her insta handle that Lydia “forgot” made the other one mad because she probably sent product and, conducive with Madam’s guidelines, didn’t get acknowledged.

So for all her “guidelines”, or lack thereof, she now has her subbies squabbling amongst themselves. Like I said, the whole thing should have been erased because one action contradicted another, but again, it was let slip because she is unprofessional and lazy.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Don't the PR companies watch/research some of the vids before gifting? A brand like louboutin I would have expected them to check whether the influencer who is supposedly luxe has ever mentioned/bought their products before. If anything, the products lydia millen advertises permanently puts me off them!

Who knew an elastic band was so luxe (!) She really needs to fix her targeted audience or does she just want to maximise on freebies until her train loses steam?! When will we see her downfall ffs!!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I can't watch Lydia's videos anymore, she is insufferable, and I haven't watched Aldi's in ages, but I just thought I'd watch the latest offering from him.
OH MY GOD, possibly one of the most boring vlogs I've ever watched - the last 10 mins was basically him sat with a remote control in hand, staring at the TV, trying to remember his Amazon password!! Why they hell would you leave stuff like that and think it's great 'content'! Lydia's obviously told him to make his vlogs longer for more Adsense money, but he really should stick to 10/15mins.

Lydia's accent changed back to her MK roots throughout rather than her pretentious Mrs Bucket accent. And wow, the look she gave him in the dressing room when he was asking her what twig to cut!? Her 'whatever you want MY LOVE' couldn't have sounded any more disingenuous if she tried. Ali makes me cringe so bad, but dear lord, apart from money, what does he see in her?????

Another thing was the huge feature on those healthy cookies and treat he claims he 'ordered and bought himself' - it's a friggin ADVERT Ali, even if they GIFTED it to you! Boils my piss when they all say they've 'ordered' items, when they're just beggars!

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I can't watch Lydia's videos anymore, she is insufferable, and I haven't watched Aldi's in ages, but I just thought I'd watch the latest offering from him.
OH MY GOD, possibly one of the most boring vlogs I've ever watched - the last 10 mins was basically him sat with a remote control in hand, staring at the TV, trying to remember his Amazon password!! Why they hell would you leave stuff like that and think it's great 'content'! Lydia's obviously told him to make his vlogs longer for more Adsense money, but he really should stick to 10/15mins.

Lydia's accent changed back to her MK roots throughout rather than her pretentious Mrs Bucket accent. And wow, the look she gave him in the dressing room when he was asking her what twig to cut!? Her 'whatever you want MY LOVE' couldn't have sounded any more disingenuous if she tried. Ali makes me cringe so bad, but dear lord, apart from money, what does he see in her?????

Another thing was the huge feature on those healthy cookies and treat he claims he 'ordered and bought himself' - it's a friggin ADVERT Ali, even if they GIFTED it to you! Boils my piss when they all say they've 'ordered' items, when they're just beggars!
Another twig, poor bastard, this time the brief is ‘autumnal’.

“Boils my piss” Hilarious. Never heard that before!! 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
To me their relationship doesn’t feel equitable. They don’t seem like a team or like they’re facing life and the future together. That’s what is sad to me about the home IG, her making all the decisions and the weird name stuff.

I don’t care about his masculinity or whatever. I just want to see a couple who are invested in each other and who enjoy each other’s company, without the whining and the constant digs.
I was watching Model Mouth earlier. She was talking about her engagement and is so genuinely happy. She's also bought another house to do up and rent out. Such a refreshing change from Lidl.
I also watched some of the latest vlog from Sheer Luxe and it struck me that if Lidl had the work ethic, intelligence, knowledge of the English language, friendships, style, dress sense, contacts etc she could have gone down that route... but then I was "what are you thinking?"!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.