Lydia Millen #43 Wonky coffin bed whining, bunga-bore redesigning, insta bots declining!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i feel a bit sorry for Toni, I wonder how much the initial outlay was
I feel kind of sorry and kind of she had to learn that lesson and have better business partners. And don't forget this are prints, they are not that expensive to do. Don't know how much the frames were, though.

I understand it might be handy to have the twine in a jar with the string coming through the lid but I’m not paying someone to wash out an old jam jar, put a whole in lid, thread the twine through and then pay actual money to them for it 😂😂 i’d rather have tangled twine. Surely this is more of a ‘hack’ (hate that word) that you get off of Pinterest rather than something you actually go out and buy
It's a cute idea but more so a hack I would do myself if I wanted. The only thing personalized is the sticker with the funny twine quote. And even that I could write on with a sharpie.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
It's a cute idea but more so a hack I would do myself if I wanted. The only thing personalized is the sticker with the funny twine quote. And even that I could write on with a sharpie.
I messaged the seller and they are only £5 which for the lazy people in society aka Lydia it isn’t too bad of a price. I had a look on the ladies Instagram and to be fair to her, even though I think the twine jar is a bit ridiculous her other stuff seems quite nice especially if you aren’t good at making things yourself.

I feel kind of sorry and kind of she had to learn that lesson and have better business partners. And don't forget this are prints, they are not that expensive to do. Don't know how much the frames were, though.
Why do I feel like this friendship between the 2 will be short lived. I know it was Toni’s idea to collaborate but I bet Lydia embellished how much she would be able to sell. Toni has to be a bit pissed off that she has put her time and money into this project and Lydia underachieved and under delivered in all aspects including advertising, marketing and promoting. You know everything she is meant to do as part of her job! It’s partly her own fault for working with Lydia but it would be hard to salvage a relationship after this, especially if Toni has put a lot of money into it and doesn’t at least break even. Would Toni normally make so many prints or are they not made until they have been ordered? I hope for her sake it’s the latter because not even Lydia’s Depop would shift that amount of stock!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
What on earth is that twine in a jar malarkey? Is it a hanging decoration? :unsure:
I know this is mean but.... It's a ball of twine thread through the top of a jar. It's hardly ground breaking. Ali when she opened it was being sarcastic saying "ah we've just ran out" Then was hanging around for a laugh at his amazing whit 🥴🙄🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I messaged the seller and they are only £5 which for the lazy people in society aka Lydia it isn’t too bad of a price. I had a look on the ladies Instagram and to be fair to her, even though I think the twine jar is a bit ridiculous her other stuff seems quite nice especially if you aren’t good at making things yourself.

Why do I feel like this friendship between the 2 will be short lived. I know it was Toni’s idea to collaborate but I bet Lydia embellished how much she would be able to sell. Toni has to be a bit pissed off that she has put her time and money into this project and Lydia underachieved and under delivered in all aspects including advertising, marketing and promoting. You know everything she is meant to do as part of her job! It’s partly her own fault for working with Lydia but it would be hard to salvage a relationship after this, especially if Toni has put a lot of money into it and doesn’t at least break even. Would Toni normally make so many prints or are they not made until they have been ordered? I hope for her sake it’s the latter because not even Lydia’s Depop would shift that amount of stock!
OK this is my world. She has one original painting that she made or already had that she spent money to have professionally shot or scanned. She now has a painting she can still sell and the digital image for future printing. The prints on canvas that are also stretched and framed... and then the other prints are mounted, matted and framed.

she/they haven't broken even yet and honestly we all know if Lydia would just dedicate a reel or story or more effort of posting and promoting it wouldn't be that hard to eventually sell all or at least most.

If she leaves Toni hanging with just posts about how not everything has to "sell out" ... sitting on stock and no further mention then... omg... that is just the WORST and karma will take care of her for screwing an innocent artist.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
OK this is my world. She has one original painting that she made or already had that she spent money to have professionally shot or scanned. She now has a painting she can still sell and the digital image for future printing. The prints on canvas that are also stretched and framed... and then the other prints are mounted, matted and framed.

she/they haven't broken even yet and honestly we all know if Lydia would just dedicate a reel or story or more effort of posting and promoting it wouldn't be that hard to eventually sell all or at least most.

If she leaves Toni hanging with just posts about how not everything has to "sell out" ... sitting on stock and no further mention then... omg... that is just the WORST and karma will take care of her for screwing an innocent artist.
Do we think Lydia invested her own money into this or is Toni paying her?

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
Never in my wildest dreams did I think I’d see an elastic swipe up 😂😂😂 what a day to be alive!
6829DB86-69DD-4F2F-8543-DE81EE8A3C14.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54

I think Toni has done all the work, and has been conned into thinking that a collab with Lydia is a good idea to (insert whatever bullshit Lydia spun her - raise her profile blah blah). Lydia has agreed to put her name to it for a share of the profit, whatever that is, share of each sale etc, but I'm guessing she's done duck all work for it. In typical Lydia style she's done nothing to promote the prints since the shoddy showing of them in her vlog. No surprise there! She's all about minimum effort for maximum reward!

• Sick
Reactions: 35
I sincerely hope they partnered but the way she's throwing her hands up makes me think she doesn't have skin in the game.

I think Toni has done all the work, and has been conned into thinking that a collab with Lydia is a good idea to (insert whatever bullshit Lydia spun her - raise her profile blah blah). Lydia has agreed to put her name to it for a share of the profit, whatever that is, share of each sale etc, but I'm guessing she's done duck all work for it. In typical Lydia style she's done nothing to promote the prints since the shoddy showing of them in her vlog. No surprise there! She's all about minimum effort for maximum reward!
I'm just hoping that this does give this artist some exposure she wouldn't have otherwise and that it's "generally' good for her career.

Reactions: 13
Aaaaaand now we know why she was talking about buying a face cream that costs £370 (which has been shown to be as effective as the classic Nivea cream)
20201028_174500.jpg

20201028_174418.jpg

There is an absolutely 0% chance that she's paid full price with her on money

Time for another report to the ASA?

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 47
🤣15 year old mean girl 🤣 Couldn't agree more
View attachment 290741
She sounds like a dude here. But what stands out the most to me is how terrified and worried Ali looks after she says she's getting so pissed that night.
She must be a bloody angry, volatile, witch of a nightmare when she is drunk. He must bear the brunt of her drunken, angry behavior.

When they had that outside movie night, she was drinking and then posted about her community guidelines warning people to say tit about her with their chest.
She must be vicious when drunk, me thinks. She's already passive aggressive and unbelievably rude with underlying anger when sober-can you imagine how she is drunk? No wonder Ali looks so concerned.

All these quotes, positive sayings, self-care speeches to me just shows how she is trying to convince herself because she is not convincing us. That is what she is trying to attain not what she has attained, clearly.

I still can't get over Ali's face in this video. I rarely feel sorry for him but I do here. He looks terrified. Says a lot right there to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Lydia Elise Millen, ever ready to witch up the conversation ...
Has she trademarked the phrase 'you can do whatever you want lovely' :rolleyes:

Do you reckon Toni has them printed to order or do you reckon she has printed them already expecting a quick sell out? She would be stupid in my opinion to have them all printed and just ready to be sent out.

I would hazard a guess and say Lydia has put no money into it, as Toni appears to have done all the work and Lydia would have got a cut of the profits.... if there were any.

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
She sounds like a dude here. But what stands out the most to me is how terrified and worried Ali looks after she says she's getting so pissed that night.
She must be a bloody angry, volatile, witch of a nightmare when she is drunk. He must bear the brunt of her drunken, angry behavior.

When they had that outside movie night, she was drinking and then posted about her community guidelines warning people to say tit about her with their chest.
She must be vicious when drunk, me thinks. She's already passive aggressive and unbelievably rude with underlying anger when sober-can you imagine how she is drunk? No wonder Ali looks so concerned.

All these quotes, positive sayings, self-care speeches to me just shows how she is trying to convince herself because she is not convincing us. That is what she is trying to attain not what she has attained, clearly.

I still can't get over Ali's face in this video. I rarely feel sorry for him but I do here. He looks terrified. Says a lot right there to me.
She’s defo got issues! She’s changed so much personality wise these last few years. I feel sorry for Ali. He married her when she was fun, pretty and normal.....she’s just a nightmare now and shows no growth at all. She’s rude and self absorbed.He’s just her dogs body and her carer, I do wonder if they will last the test of time.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Why is her voice so deep in that clip she sounds like Elizabeth Holmes 😂 😂
Lydia definitely seems the type to be an aggressive drunk. In the vlog when they went out for depop Dee's husband's birthday she was saying how she needed hula hoops for the way home and Ali was angry because she couldn't eat so went off to buy her some. To me that sounds like Lydia was being a little picky witch at dinner and decided she was intolerant to everything on the menu (if Carrie can eat there, Lydia can eat there too) they were all drinking too much and she whinged and moaned and demanded Ali to get her hula hoops. Ali probably hates drunk Lydia as much, if not more than he hates sober Lydia.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Why is her voice so deep in that clip she sounds like Elizabeth Holmes 😂 😂
Lydia definitely seems the type to be an aggressive drunk. In the vlog when they went out for depop Dee's husband's birthday she was saying how she needed hula hoops for the way home and Ali was angry because she couldn't eat so went off to buy her some. To me that sounds like Lydia was being a little picky witch at dinner and decided she was intolerant to everything on the menu (if Carrie can eat there, Lydia can eat there too) they were all drinking too much and she whinged and moaned and demanded Ali to get her hula hoops. Ali probably hates drunk Lydia as much, if not more than he hates sober Lydia.
How did you get the video to work? It didn’t for me

Reactions: 4
It doesn’t necessarily mean she hasn’t had any interest, probably just that the initial interest has dropped off. She might’ve had 5 viewings at the beginning but if none of them offered (or were willing to pay the price she wants) she might be dropping the price to get more people interested.

Most people use Rightmove when looking for a property to buy. On rightmove you can search by price bracket. I think she dropped her price to £300k to attract people who are looking for houses up to £300k. There isn’t an option to search for houses up to £315k as the next bracket is £300k-£325k so her listing was probably being drowned out by much nicer houses that are more expensive. People won’t want to set their search to the £300k-£325k bracket if their budget is only £315k because most of the search results will be over their budget. Therefore dropping her price to £300k is going to attract more people because it will show up first in a list of houses priced up to £300k.

Also, on Rightmove the agent has to drop the price by at least 2% for Rightmove to show the property as reduced and send out a new email to people registered for email alerts in that area. That’s a good way to grab people’s attention.
Carrie’s house was initially listed at £315,000. She then dropped the price to £310,000 but that wasn’t enough to trigger Rightmove to mark it as reduced and send out a new email alert (because it wasn’t a 2% price drop) so now she has dropped it by over 2% to trigger a ‘reduced’ marker that brings the listing back to the top of the search results page and sends out an email to people registered for email alerts.

Sorry that’s so long-winded! I’ve just got through a long 9 months of selling my first home and buying somewhere else. I still look at Rightmove every day because it’s become a habit :ROFLMAO:
I have heard, psychologically speaking, it is more appealing to price at £ 299 990 than at a straight £ 300 000. Houses tend to sell faster for some reason when priced at an amount just lower than the (1 /2 /3 etc) hundred thousand mark ...

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.