Lydia Millen #43 Wonky coffin bed whining, bunga-bore redesigning, insta bots declining!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Justine Leconte announced her jewellery collection, not a collaboration. You order direct from her website, it is ethically produced and she talks through the process and the pieces. Shows herself wearing the pieces and talks about how it's made. This I think, is how you should do a launch.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
just had a look, I love her style! I do love Korean style in general. Mostly sophisticated and classy.

Just as a side not, why does Lydia never wear anything from Zara, COS, Other Stories, etc? I find that odd.

what i going on with Ali's head in his stories? Is that due to filter??
Maybe it's his way of getting taller by adding filler to his forehead 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Bit off topic but I’m totally loving this Korean old lady YouTuber called MilaNona. She’s worked in fashion for 40 years and couldn’t be more different from the likes of Lydiot. It’s quite amusing that in less than a year she has gained nearly as many followers as Lydia. I sometimes forget that Lydia really is such a small fish in the whole YouTube Universe.
It is sometimes good to remind yourself there are some decent people out there. Watched Fashion and Style Edit's Sunday vlog and she is showing the things she's done to her new house (she previously had a grade 2 listed house). Now there is somebody who knows what she likes, and just quietly gets on with it....no architect or designer required. Jess also reused things in a sustainable way. Very different to Lidl.

• Heart
I'm still not over the "Millen-ials" comment.

I think he just has a round head but wants a more flat on the side appearance. Didn't work out this time. The other side of the head is same roundish shape. This side is just more emphasized due to the light falling on it (or more reflecting of it).
God, is there a pic of him where he doesn't look dead behind his eyes?
Erm. No. It’s his IQ. And filter to make him look less stupid. Which in itself is stupid. As they say give someone enough rope. And then stand back.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Aldi on that bike in a suit drinking coffee...... CRINGE 😬
So she takes her hands off the wheel whilst driving and he rides a bike with no helmet 🙄

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Has anyone seen Amelia Liana beauty kit she is selling on her website? Out of all the things these influencers are putting out at the moment I actually think this kit is the best out of all of them. £315 worth of products for £100 and it's really nice brands. The only thing that is annoying is that her logo is her full name which is printed on the makeup bag so it looks like you are using someone else's bag.

• Sick
Reactions: 12
Vic is advertising Jimmy Choo, so why would are sweet pea lidl be buying jimmy Choo??
And Vic will be using her’s for dog walking, oh for sure. Does she even know what a dog walk is??

• Haha
Reactions: 11
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
Haha, love it. But not the skirt.

Nadia Anya was gifted this (loungewear) set from Karen Millen AS PART OF A COLLABORATION WITH KM ... Nadia stated it feels just like cashmere whereas our lil madam would have stated ' IT IS CASHMERE ' .

Guess Karen Millen have already moved on ...
OMG are they not actually cashmere?

He has the widest forehead ...

I like her and her bf ... he's always teasing her. And I love her accent.
I like nadya’s style. Her BF is a bit cringy though with all the bottles of Dom P and motivational captions...

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
So she takes her hands off the wheel whilst driving and he rides a bike with no helmet 🙄
i reported it, not sure if I selected the right thing but he's an idiot

Haha, love it. But not the skirt.

OMG are they not actually cashmere?

I like nadya’s style. Her BF is a bit cringy though with all the bottles of Dom P and motivational captions...
doesn't appear so, can they get away with that??

"The gold standard of knitwear, our cashmere is fabricated from the highest-quality fibres. Designed to last you a lifetime, this jumper features a forever-flattering slash neck and long sleeves. Naturally breathable and eminently stylish, this knit is sumptuously soft and whisper light – an essential in every well-curated wardrobe."

they also have Details & Care on their other items but not 'cashmere', surely that's against trading standards??

• Wow
  • Angry
that video is so bad 😂 the bike, the suit and the mug DO NOT go together.
His menswear style confuses me 😳 nor trendy or stylish. Wearing a suit does not make you jams bond all of the sudden he he

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
i reported it, not sure if I selected the right thing but he's an idiot

doesn't appear so, can they get away with that??

"The gold standard of knitwear, our cashmere is fabricated from the highest-quality fibres. Designed to last you a lifetime, this jumper features a forever-flattering slash neck and long sleeves. Naturally breathable and eminently stylish, this knit is sumptuously soft and whisper light – an essential in every well-curated wardrobe."

they also have Details & Care on their other items but not 'cashmere', surely that's against trading standards??
No it isn't against trading standards because cashmere pieces only have to contain a certain amount of cashmere for them to call it a cashmere item but where Karen Millen are being sneaky is by not disclosing the full fibre content on the website. However legally they have to write the full fibre content on the garment label with the percentages of each fibre. They lure people in by writing cashmere in the title of the item but you don't find out the full fibre content until it is delivered.
Also just because something says it is 100% cashmere doesn't necessarily mean it is of superior quality, it is all about the manufacturing process and quality of the fibre. So when Lydia states she has ruined all her cashmere in the past that is normally a tell tale sign that she has bought a poor, low quality cashmere piece, as well made, well manufactured cashmere should be very durable and also expensive.
If you look at Marks and Spencers, every year they sell 'pure cashmere' jumpers for £79. The fibre content may actually be 100% cashmere but realistically for £79 you are getting low quality cashmere that probably wont last till the following year. Cheaper highstreet cashmere pieces can also be created from recycled cashmere which will affect the quality as well. Highstreet stores normally also add resin to their cashmere pieces to give them an immediate softer feel that disappears after a few washes which makes people think they have ruined their piece as it is no longer soft.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
No it isn't against trading standards because cashmere pieces only have to contain a certain amount of cashmere for them to call it a cashmere item but where Karen Millen are being sneaky is by not disclosing the full fibre content on the website. However legally they have to write the full fibre content on the garment label with the percentages of each fibre. They lure people in by writing cashmere in the title of the item but you don't find out the full fibre content until it is delivered.
Also just because something says it is 100% cashmere doesn't necessarily mean it is of superior quality, it is all about the manufacturing process and quality of the fibre. So when Lydia states she has ruined all her cashmere in the past that is normally a tell tale sign that she has bought a poor, low quality cashmere piece, as well made, well manufactured cashmere should be very durable and also expensive.
If you look at Marks and Spencers, every year they sell 'pure cashmere' jumpers for £79. The fibre content may actually be 100% cashmere but realistically for £79 you are getting low quality cashmere that probably wont last till the following year. Cheaper highstreet cashmere pieces can also be created from recycled cashmere which will affect the quality as well. Highstreet stores normally also add resin to their cashmere pieces to give them an immediate softer feel that disappears after a few washes which makes people think they have ruined their piece as it is no longer soft.
Lidl ruins her « cashmere » pieces because she sticks them in the « Miele » on any old cycle and then dries them in the « Miele » on any old cycle…
oups let’s blame Miele and not the twit using it!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Yeah I went a bit mental on her insta. I’m very hormonal tonight. I’m so done with these brainless, toxic women telling us to buy tit all the time.
Omg, these idiots defending her constantly. Just don't interact with the person. Is there a Lydia ass licking bonus-booklet? Like, three ass-licks give you a like from Lydia?
That first comment had much interpretation room, and they all jumped directly on it expecting negativity but telling everyone not to be negative whilst being negative themself. You can't make this tit up. It's not like that person said that Lydia was an ugly cow that should die immediately (it's an example, not my personal opinion, ok, lovely).
I'm sure you're fine @Kells but just wanted to say, sorry you were on the receiving end of those awful comments from Queen Lydia and Her Merry Mob.

In my limited experience, influencer followers can be insane. I once got swarmed by a whole host of them for leaving a single critical comment on a influencer's post. They followed me back to my page and wouldn't stop harassing me until I blocked them all. (To be fair, I fully expected them to lose their tit on me on the influencer's page. I just thought they'd leave it there.)

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
New to this thread! Hey!
My main issue with these pr gifts isnt even that they sell it once they are done. My issue is that it’s a form of payment and I can bet on it that none of these influencers pay the 40% tax on the things they sell on their depop!

corporate gifting is barely allowed anymore (bribery act) and you pay tax over a certain amount too.

But obviously these things don’t apply to ‘influencers’ (just like lockdown/corona measures)

• Angry
Reactions: 29
I'm sure you're fine @Kells but just wanted to say, sorry you were on the receiving end of those awful comments from Queen Lydia and Her Merry Mob.

In my limited experience, influencer followers can be insane. I once got swarmed by a whole host of them for leaving a single critical comment on a influencer's post. They followed me back to my page and wouldn't stop harassing me until I blocked them all. (To be fair, I fully expected them to lose their tit on me on the influencer's page. I just thought they'd leave it there.)
Don’t worry I won’t be crying myself to sleep over it. 😂

I knew exactly what I was getting in to and to be honest, I’ve heard far worse! Figure skating fans are way worse than Lydbots. I got death threats from Russia when I commented on the Russian test skates a few weeks ago. But thanks for your concern!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Has anyone seen Amelia Liana beauty kit she is selling on her website? Out of all the things these influencers are putting out at the moment I actually think this kit is the best out of all of them. £315 worth of products for £100 and it's really nice brands. The only thing that is annoying is that her logo is her full name which is printed on the makeup bag so it looks like you are using someone else's bag.
I see the kit also contains a tanning mitt.....from St Tropez!😆

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.