Lydia Millen #43 Wonky coffin bed whining, bunga-bore redesigning, insta bots declining!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I said she would jump on the Holland Cooper train last night šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø I swear Iā€™m not a psychic, she is just that predictable šŸ˜‚

and I donā€™t think it is even a piece from Victoriaā€™s collection. She really is the biggest witch that ever bitched!
I hate it when these influencers say "treated myself" šŸ¤¢

I seriously wonder where she will wear that jacket too. She will look ridiculous wearing it in to London and her favourite Woburn mosaic is on a high street so she would be out of place there too šŸ˜‚ I think she has spent Ā£600 on a jacket to wear to the garden centre or to boss Ali around in the garden in.
I bet she has chosen it from their country jackets section šŸ˜‚ I wouldnā€™t put it past it being gifted either as they have just gifted Josie a coat too
She'll wear it to Soho House with bestie Josie...

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
Now Vic is working with Jimmy Choo! I hope they find out Lydia has sold a very expensive bag they gifted her!

I do wonder how brands react when influencers sell the items they've been gifted. I wonder if there is something in the contract or agreement that tells them how long they have to keep an item for etc. I regularly go through my wardrobe and sell what I'm not wearing and I would hate if someone told me I had to keep something just because it was a gift.
I think brands realise that influencers get sent an astronomical amount of things and it isn't possible to always keep them so maybe they don't mind them selling them on. I reckon they have a set amount of time in which they have to keep an item before selling it or giving it to a friend, maybe they have to keep it for that season and then once the new collection is out they can do with it what they want. Could you imagine how much more tit these influencers would be hoarding if they weren't able to pass items on, they would need storage units šŸ˜‚

I hate it when these influencers say "treated myself" šŸ¤¢

She'll wear it to Soho House with bestie Josie...
Oh god could you imagine o_O the dress code at soho house is casual and Josie already makes a big enough tit out of herself, turning up in her fairy skirts, heeled boots and giant fur coats. She doesn't need Lydia turning up as the farmers wife/scarecrow

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I do wonder how brands react when influencers sell the items they've been gifted. I wonder if there is something in the contract or agreement that tells them how long they have to keep an item for etc. I regularly go through my wardrobe and sell what I'm not wearing and I would hate if someone told me I had to keep something just because it was a gift.
I think brands realise that influencers get sent an astronomical amount of things and it isn't possible to always keep them so maybe they don't mind them selling them on. I reckon they have a set amount of time in which they have to keep an item before selling it or giving it to a friend, maybe they have to keep it for that season and then once the new collection is out they can do with it what they want. Could you imagine how much more tit these influencers would be hoarding if they weren't able to pass items on, they would need storage units šŸ˜‚

Oh god could you imagine o_O the dress code at soho house is casual and Josie already makes a big enough tit out of herself, turning up in her fairy skirts, heeled boots and giant fur coats. She doesn't need Lydia turning up as the farmers wife
Let's be real, bigger brands probably don't care what you do with the item. They are happy if they post an Insta or a video featuring that item, and they get a few sells out of it. You can't gift something to someone and expect a certain reaction. Then you have to not gift it but make a contractual thing out of it and actually pay that person for their services. The same is with PR in general.
Brands try to lower the advertisement costs. It's risky, they can't be sure the item is featured. But if you sent someone your bag (selling price is not the real price) and lets say one out of three influencers feature it it's still cheaper than a magazine feature, where you also don't know if it will generate many sales.

Reactions: 19
Let's be real, bigger brands probably don't care what you do with the item. They are happy if they post an Insta or a video featuring that item, and they get a few sells out of it. You can't gift something to someone and expect a certain reaction. Then you have to not gift it but make a contractual thing out of it and actually pay that person for their services. The same is with PR in general.
Brands try to lower the advertisement costs. It's risky, they can't be sure the item is featured. But if you sent someone your bag (selling price is not the real price) and lets say one out of three influencers feature it it's still cheaper than a magazine feature, where you also don't know if it will generate many sales.
Exactly, I think if a brand cares what an influencer does with their product that badly, they wouldn't gift to them. By now everyone and every brand should have realised that influencers are just flaunting what they are getting paid the most to show, they have zero brand loyalty. One minute they are loving Stuart Wietzman boots, screaming from the top of their lungs how they are the most incredible boots to have ever graced the planet. That is until Jimmy Choo starts gifting boots out and then they are all gagging for Jimmy Choo and it's Stuart who?

Bigger brands wont care it's the smaller individual brands that suffer.

Havenā€™t caught up with Lyds for a long time, but do we know yet who Carrieā€™s top secret boyfriend is? Or can someone link me to the discussion? (Also side note why is Carrie so weird about her boyfriend... to the point Lydia classes him as Carrieā€™s ā€˜friendā€™ but now suddenly itā€™s ā€˜boyfriendā€™ looool).

Reactions: 16
Havenā€™t caught up with Lyds for a long time, but do we know yet who Carrieā€™s top secret boyfriend is? Or can someone link me to the discussion? (Also side note why is Carrie so weird about her boyfriend... to the point Lydia classes him as Carrieā€™s ā€˜friendā€™ but now suddenly itā€™s ā€˜boyfriendā€™ looool).
I was for a short time hoping it is a woman, because they always said "partner" which is gender-neutral. But Lydia said one time "him" or "he".
Is this the same guy she had last year or is this another one. Because the last one was sometimes in vlogs but never his face. And this time it is much more secretive.
Lydia hates that she has to share Carrie. If it is another one than last year, the old one probably ran away because of L&C odd codependency.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Nadia Anya was gifted this (loungewear) set from Karen Millen AS PART OF A COLLABORATION WITH KM ... Nadia stated it feels just like cashmere whereas our lil madam would have stated ' IT IS CASHMERE ' .

Guess Karen Millen have already moved on ...

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Bit off topic but Iā€™m totally loving this Korean old lady YouTuber called MilaNona. Sheā€™s worked in fashion for 40 years and couldnā€™t be more different from the likes of Lydiot. Itā€™s quite amusing that in less than a year she has gained nearly as many followers as Lydia. I sometimes forget that Lydia really is such a small fish in the whole YouTube Universe.

Reactions: 24
Nadia Anya was gifted this (loungewear) set from Karen Millen AS PART OF A COLLABORATION WITH KM ... Nadia stated it feels just like cashmere whereas our lil madam would have stated ' IT IS CASHMERE ' .

My guess would be the sets only contain the minimum amount of cashmere to be advertised as cashmere otherwise in the description you would break down the fibre content. For the price they arenā€™t 100% cashmere and if they are they will be of low quality.

• Sick
Reactions: 16
I have unfollowed that bloated old witch so all the comments are gone - I was getting tired of arguing with 12 yr olds. Thanks for letting me vent here! Itā€™s good to know Iā€™m not the only one who can see what a sad, hollow person she is.
The comments are still there. šŸ¤— There are several people defending you and liking comments and all very civil. 24 likes of your first comment! Including me ā¤ Her ā€œfansā€ are downright nasty attacking and making personal comments about your intelligence and mental health because you asked her if she liked loubs and then said she was disingenuous. The fans reveal they are as disgusting as their leader. šŸ‘¹

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
These influencers are so bleeping dumb. WHY would you try influence your followers to buy something youā€™ve posted with a filter that makes the coat already look water stained and ruined?!? WHY.

0D574ADD-9944-4804-A67C-55FF273DF319.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Bit off topic but Iā€™m totally loving this Korean old lady YouTuber called MilaNona. Sheā€™s worked in fashion for 40 years and couldnā€™t be more different from the likes of Lydiot. Itā€™s quite amusing that in less than a year she has gained nearly as many followers as Lydia. I sometimes forget that Lydia really is such a small fish in the whole YouTube Universe.
Subscribed !!! She has amazing skin, minimal makeup and a cool hairstyle. No airs and graces. Gonna binge watch her vids. Thanks for the recommendation.

Reactions: 13
My issue with this is 1) itā€™s shady and 2) no wonder luxury prices keep rising - this is the Marketing budgets.

I work for a luxury brand and while we do gift to influencers, itā€™s super few and far between and we gift products they WANT to keep. These women care more about the free items and less about how said free items will work within their existing wardrobe. WE know Lidl would never have a Jimmy Choo bag in rotation like her beloved Diors or Chanels, so why accept it in the first place? Just to maintain a relationship with a brand in order to get more stuff she fully intends to accept then never wear and sell on within 3 months?! I have a feeling these marketing people could care less what an influencer does with the product, and obviously donā€™t care that this behavior significantly cheapens the brand. Influencers, on the other hand, will say ā€œwell Iā€™m giving access to barely used luxury items to my followers who might want it, but canā€™t otherwise afford it.ā€ No, youā€™re taking advantage of your sheep to sell off tit for cash so you can turn around and buy a new Chanel. Or a pair of impractical Louboutin boots.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
just had a look, I love her style! I do love Korean style in general. Mostly sophisticated and classy.

Just as a side not, why does Lydia never wear anything from Zara, COS, Other Stories, etc? I find that odd.

what i going on with Ali's head in his stories? Is that due to filter??

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
The LEMmings are gathering around their leader:

View attachment 287489
I'm still not over the "Millen-ials" comment.

just had a look, I love her style! I do love Korean style in general. Mostly sophisticated and classy.

Just as a side not, why does Lydia never wear anything from Zara, COS, Other Stories, etc? I find that odd.

what i going on with Ali's head in his stories? Is that due to filter??
I think he just has a round head but wants a more flat on the side appearance. Didn't work out this time. The other side of the head is same roundish shape. This side is just more emphasized due to the light falling on it (or more reflecting of it).
God, is there a pic of him where he doesn't look dead behind his eyes?

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
My issue with this is 1) itā€™s shady and 2) no wonder luxury prices keep rising - this is the Marketing budgets.

I work for a luxury brand and while we do gift to influencers, itā€™s super few and far between and we gift products they WANT to keep. These women care more about the free items and less about how said free items will work within their existing wardrobe. WE know Lidl would never have a Jimmy Choo bag in rotation like her beloved Diors or Chanels, so why accept it in the first place? Just to maintain a relationship with a brand in order to get more stuff she fully intends to accept then never wear and sell on within 3 months?! I have a feeling these marketing people could care less what an influencer does with the product, and obviously donā€™t care that this behavior significantly cheapens the brand. Influencers, on the other hand, will say ā€œwell Iā€™m giving access to barely used luxury items to my followers who might want it, but canā€™t otherwise afford it.ā€ No, youā€™re taking advantage of your sheep to sell off tit for cash so you can turn around and buy a new Chanel. Or a pair of impractical Louboutin boots.
Yes I understand this.
I worked for a makeup brand many years ago that was making budget cuts for staff meaning we were losing hours and money but at the same time they were flying over 10 influencers to Marrakesh for a full 5 star experience I was infuriated and handed my notice in shortly afterwards. Honestly the jimmy choo partnership with Lydia was so inauthentic on both sides. Most of the things they sent her Were quite ugly and not things she would wear so she is at fault for excepting them but at the same time whoever does Jimmy Choo PR should research the influencers they work with better. There are many brands that donā€™t send things out to influencers and the ones that do know what they are getting in to.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Apologies if I was a bit vague here but Nadia is doing a collaboration with Karen Millen. And Lydia thought she was so special.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.