Lydia Millen #30 Greenhouse tightwad, Ali's lil' tripod and the comment assassin squad

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes! I agree with this. You bring up some interesting points. Hugs to you... 💞

I think that putting your life out there in the public eye would be very tough. The constant need to remain relevant would be utterly draining for me. I think that it's good to try new things and grow as a person and this should be good for her channel. I think she is genuinely interested in gardening and cooking, etc... she's entering a different phase in her life.

What saddens me above all is that she shows so little appreciation for what she has. She is very pretty. She photographs well. She can just wake up in the morning or just come back from a run and look pretty darn decent. Me in either of those situations... well, there's no comparison. I'm am just your average lady next door. I accept that. I didn't get to choose my genetics any more than she did. I do the best with what I've got, too.

Comments about the boobage... I can understand what it's like to want to be more endowed. I am a barely there A cup. Then I had breast cancer and surgery, radiation and chemo. Now one of mine is half the size of barely there so... well... yes, I understand boob envy. I did not choose reconstruction out of fear of future cancers hiding in there somewhere. Some days, I wish I had though. But just some days. I am fine now but have to remain vigilant with testing. (Ladies...take note: Keep up with those mammograms.) So... I can't slam her for the boob job. On another note, I think it's awesome that Josie represents for us small girls. ;)

I like the thought you mentioned "Be brave to be you." Such good advice.
Hugs to you 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰. Well said 👏👏👏👏👏👏. Also just on other quotes. I'm ashamed to say I never heard of or tried chard. What exactly is it? As in vegetable families 😂. I do love my veg so I'm now intrigued.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Oh... I don't know. That would make sense though.
Yes he was, he was using all sorts of hashtags that are used by men wanting to attract attention from gay men. I can't remember the terms exactly, but they were on the lines of instaboy, gayfollow, hotgays etc. Then a few eagle eyed tattles spotted it and he stopped!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Yes he was, he was using all sorts of hashtags that are used by men wanting to attract attention from gay men. I can't remember the terms exactly, but they were on the lines of instaboy, gayfollow, hotgays etc. Then a few eagle eyed tattles spotted it and he stopped!
I think he should have just owned it. There's no shame in that. Just because gay folks enjoy his content doesn't make him gay. I thought that is common sense. Isn't that the point to attract an audience? Why else would you put out videos? :unsure:

Reactions: 17
So she clearly doesnt want to be a Fashion vlogger anymore just a 1950's green fingered housewife. Problem is people like Josie do it so much better because she actually has a passion for it and not just jumping on the band wagon.
You took the words straight out of my mouth. I think she is completely lost now. I initially watched her for her style. She has a lovely figure and is very pretty and makes the perfect clothes horse so, even though I can’t afford designer clothes, I still really enjoyed her hauls. For me, I was turned off by the endless Dior bags and then Vulgari got into the mix and it became conspicuous consumption at its worst. Nevertheless, she has style and by turning her back on her previous persona of fashion/beauty, she has cornered herself into a market where others are miles ahead of her and she is playing catchup.

She is not gifted at decor or gardening. Both are huge subjects and way too involved to ‘dabble’ in. Her blogs are boring. Many commented on her last vlog about giving the ‘gardening’ a rest as she doesn’t have a clue firstly and secondly, it’s too drastic a departure for her core audience. Now she says no more opening PR packages either. I think her whole vlog comes across as unfocussed and rambling. Should anyone have an interest in decor or gardening, there are tons of pros giving invaluable advice. Unfortunately for her, her viewers are now in a position of advising her and that doesn’t suit her because she can’t take criticism. At the moment, it’s a no win and the fact that she surrounds herself with sychophants is not helping. I don’t know if the Glo shitfest put her off course or she just wants to be derivative and copy Josie but right now she has no footing.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
You took the words straight out of my mouth. I think she is completely lost now. I initially watched her for her style. She has a lovely figure and is very pretty and makes the perfect clothes horse so, even though I can’t afford designer clothes, I still really enjoyed her hauls. For me, I was turned off by the endless Dior bags and then Vulgari got into the mix and it became conspicuous consumption at its worst. Nevertheless, she has style and by turning her back on her previous persona of fashion/beauty, she has cornered herself into a market where others are miles ahead of her and she is playing catchup.

She is not gifted at decor or gardening. Both are huge subjects and way too involved to ‘dabble’ in. Her blogs are boring. Many commented on her last vlog about giving the ‘gardening’ a rest as she doesn’t have a clue firstly and secondly, it’s too drastic a departure for her core audience. Now she says no more opening PR packages either. I think her whole vlog comes across as unfocussed and rambling. Should anyone have an interest in decor or gardening, there are tons of pros giving invaluable advice. Unfortunately for her, her viewers are now in a position of advising her and that doesn’t suit her because she can’t take criticism. At the moment, it’s a no win and the fact that she surrounds herself with sychophants is not helping. I don’t know if the Glo shitfest put her off course or she just wants to be derivative and copy Josie but right now she has no footing.
This! So so true. She’s decided she wants the persona of posh English country wife, so that’s what she wants her content to reflect. Problem is, it’s not an accurate representation of her and it’s not the life she really leads - and it’s certainly not what her followers signed up for when they subscribed to her years ago.

I think she’s quite lost to be honest but doesn’t realize it because she’s hell bent on copying either Josie or Steve Cordony and curating an upper crust image (which she will NEVER have no matter how hard she begs).

Why is she no longer opening gifts (‘PR’ packages)? I can’t bear to watch her vlogs anymore so sorry to ask...

Reactions: 25
Sorry I’m slowly catching up 😂 Ive been quite busy lately
Still haven’t watched her new vlog
Anyways can’t believe she stopped talking about her brand. Literally it’s like it never happened 😂 what a fail
Instead of admitting her mistakes, she just pretends it never existed
Adult behaviour here Lydia 👏👏

• Haha
Reactions: 16
If she is no longer opening her PR, then that's 90% of her content subject gone! Literally everything she's posted for the last year has been her opening up free gifts! If she continues with this gardening content, people will switch off in droves. I don't watch her anymore and the odd occasion I think I'll give her another chance, I switch off. However, when her content was a bit of everything, going out, meetings in London, clothes, bit of homeware, bit of cooking etc, it was OK and even though I don't like her, I could at least sit through a vlog, only if it was to then come here and gossip about it!
I tried watching the last vlog and was just so bored!! I do a bit of gardening when I have to, and enjoy doing hanging baskets and my big pots outside my door, but if I wanted to watch an hour of gardening, I'd put Monty Don on.

She's totally lost and the sad thing is, if she just dropped the Hyacinth Bucket act and stopped desperately trying to appear well-healed and wealthy and just accepted who she is, where she came from and stayed in her lane, she wouldn't have such an active thread on here!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
If she is no longer opening her PR, then that's 90% of her content subject gone! Literally everything she's posted for the last year has been her opening up free gifts! If she continues with this gardening content, people will switch off in droves. I don't watch her anymore and the odd occasion I think I'll give her another chance, I switch off. However, when her content was a bit of everything, going out, meetings in London, clothes, bit of homeware, bit of cooking etc, it was OK and even though I don't like her, I could at least sit through a vlog, only if it was to then come here and gossip about it!
I tried watching the last vlog and was just so bored!! I do a bit of gardening when I have to, and enjoy doing hanging baskets and my big pots outside my door, but if I wanted to watch an hour of gardening, I'd put Monty Don on.

She's totally lost and the sad thing is, if she just dropped the Hyacinth Bucket act and stopped desperately trying to appear well-healed and wealthy and just accepted who she is, where she came from and stayed in her lane, she wouldn't have such an active thread on here!
Hyacinth Bucket 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Couldn’t agree more.

Reactions: 9
She's totally lost in the transition. Of course we all grow, I'm pretty different to how I was 5 years ago. But she's lost everything that drew people to her. Her followers lives have continued on the same path, and she's trying her best to "level up" to the promised lands but never quite sticks the landing. So, she's stuck in limbo. No idea who she appeals to at this point. I cringe when I see people I know in real life sharing her posts, because they are people she would want no affiliation to and could never afford what she promotes eg. supermarket workers, air hostesses..

Reactions: 22
I’m really not trying to be a witch when I say this but...

Why would anyone take bra advise from someone with fake plastic boobs that don’t budge and don’t need one?? 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ I am always looking for new bra recommendations but would never take anyone with rock hard implant’s advice.... they don’t need the support a good bra gives (clearly) 😬😬
Agreed, and I'm sure she's said she doesn't even wear a bra with most of those ruched tops.. so..what's the point of this strapless bra promo.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Title was all Elle Belle in all her witty glory - just realised my first faux pas of thread hosting - not crediting for the title!!
Ha ha! At least you did it! 😂
Yes, Elle Belle is an absolute star! ❤

Reactions: 11
BREAKING NEWS:

Her follower count on Insta is down to 881,000

I'm sure she will buy the other 1000 back later today.

And Globy keeps falling - it's like watching the stock market go down!:geek:

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 37
Hugs to you 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰. Well said 👏👏👏👏👏👏. Also just on other quotes. I'm ashamed to say I never heard of or tried chard. What exactly is it? As in vegetable families 😂. I do love my veg so I'm now intrigued.
It's a leafy veg with a thick stalk, tastes a bit like spinach, but earthier. The lovely thing about chard aka Swiss chard is the beautiful colours...bright yellow and red.....so it looks fab in the veg plot! The leaves wilt down, the stalk takes a bit more cooking.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
BREAKING NEWS:

Her follower count on Insta is down to 881,000

I'm sure she will buy the other 1000 back later today.

And Globy keeps falling - it's like watching the stock market go down!:geek:
It’s so awful that they can just buy followers like that! I really didn’t think that would be allowed

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Well if I want to watch gardening content I watch Josie she is a natural and has a real passion for cooking etc.

Exactly she could still dabble with the gardening in her vlogs but focus on fashion and beauty i.e what she actually is about. All this sproutling nonsense is bloody boring AF as is the redecorating every room every month.

Reactions: 16
This! So so true. She’s decided she wants the persona of posh English country wife, so that’s what she wants her content to reflect. Problem is, it’s not an accurate representation of her and it’s not the life she really leads - and it’s certainly not what her followers signed up for when they subscribed to her years ago.

I think she’s quite lost to be honest but doesn’t realize it because she’s hell bent on copying either Josie or Steve Cordony and curating an upper crust image (which she will NEVER have no matter how hard she begs).

Why is she no longer opening gifts (‘PR’ packages)? I can’t bear to watch her vlogs anymore so sorry to ask...
Correction. Since yesterday, she replied to one of the many comments asking her to please continue unboxing PR products, she replied that she was ‘just having a moment’ and that she planned to open them again.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I just learned something new! I didn’t know that this plant is sold separately In UK, meaning that is separated from young beetroots - Poles and Ukrainians make soup out of these, its like beetroot soup (borsht) but milder. My mum called it “boćwina”
I think Lydia needs to learn some italian dishes, since she pretends to have italian heritage. She looks more Irish to me (If we were to strip out the fake tan), i.e. dark hair, bluish/greenish eyes, dark eyelashes. I have met plenty of striking Irish girls looking similar ( also petite, despite what she claims). Maybe Irish heritage explains love of potato? No offence to anybody who is Irish here please.

It's a leafy veg with a thick stalk, tastes a bit like spinach, but earthier. The lovely thing about chard aka Swiss chard is the beautiful colours...bright yellow and red.....so it looks fab in the veg plot! The leaves wilt down, the stalk takes a bit more cooking.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.